Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,244 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

At What Age Did You Start Working? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / At What Age Did You Start Working? (13718 Views)

At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? / At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? / At What Age Did You Make Your First N100,000? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Did You Start Working? by Fucklove(m): 8:37pm On Nov 11, 2021
Probz:

I’ve worked more jobs and made more money than you would in 7 lifetimes. Gaslight me all you like. It’s you who’s living in poverty.
I'm a very rich guy my man cool
Re: At What Age Did You Start Working? by okpukpu(m): 8:41pm On Nov 11, 2021
Re: At What Age Did You Start Working? by Probz(m): 9:00pm On Nov 11, 2021
Fucklove:
Seeking for online validation. Made more money in dream land. Useless being forming porche to suit his ego cheesy grin grin grin grin

I’m not the one whose two feet are exclusively and indefinitely planted in Naija. I’ve had one big foot in ala oyibo for years and years. I don’t need validation from you village people.
Re: At What Age Did You Start Working? by FODA(m): 9:12pm On Nov 11, 2021
9 months
Re: At What Age Did You Start Working? by Davidcruze(m): 9:18pm On Nov 11, 2021
At 18 February 2010

Factory work
Re: At What Age Did You Start Working? by Fucklove(m): 9:22pm On Nov 11, 2021
Probz:

I’m not the one whose two feet are exclusively and indefinitely planted in Naija. I’ve had one big foot in ala oyibo for years and years. I don’t need validation from you village people.
Okay sir. Abeg you fit take me out of this shit hole wey I dey so? May God bless you sir cry cry
Re: At What Age Did You Start Working? by KarinaLove(f): 9:26pm On Nov 11, 2021
Btruth:
shouldn't it be "God Is Amazing" on your signature?

.......anyway, no mind me. Naa oversabi dey worry me. grin

You are very right. I can't believe I made that typo and didn't notice it till you pointed it out. Thanks for correcting me dear.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Start Working? by Okeyc230: 9:27pm On Nov 11, 2021
Started working at 18years 4months . Was employed at the completion of my technical education at Ahiara Technical college. Have never been unemployed in my life.
Re: At What Age Did You Start Working? by Munzy14(m): 9:30pm On Nov 11, 2021
Almost everyone is a web developer nowadays lipsrsealed

Who go come work for the other na undecided

Nigerians and bastardizing one type of business..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Did You Start Working? by goldtube(m): 10:08pm On Nov 11, 2021
Ghetto man cannot can, we have been working right from time, since childhood 7 -8 years
Re: At What Age Did You Start Working? by EmmaLege: 10:18pm On Nov 11, 2021
Re: At What Age Did You Start Working? by daneni1(m): 10:36pm On Nov 11, 2021
KarinaLove:
Started at the age of 9 by frying Akara and selling it with bread in the morning before school and evening after school. Was paid 200 Naira per day.

Then went to do house girl from there till I finished secondary school. Was paid 5K per month.

Couldn't enter University early. Had to do different menial jobs to raise money for school. Menial jobs like watching people's clothes, sweeping compounds, doing house maids jobs then finally raised money and wrote jamb to enter school.

Being a full-time students was hard. Was working at a small shop to raise money to fend for myself in school and pay my school fees.

Then finally graduated.

Remembering those days makes me nostalgic.

Then one stupid idiot will now look at me and think that I haven't worked a day in my life becos of how sexy and attractive I look.

I'm glad that I don't look like what I've been through

Better days ahead.

Babe, make we hang out na....lol
Re: At What Age Did You Start Working? by smokeyupu(m): 11:09pm On Nov 11, 2021
6..../ Hawking bread and soft drinks for my mum for a %
Re: At What Age Did You Start Working? by rachytenny2(f): 11:12pm On Nov 11, 2021
15+
Re: At What Age Did You Start Working? by damoceile: 12:12am On Nov 12, 2021
Started with selling Zain sim cards at age 17.

12 years down the line we still dey street dey try survive

E no easy for this country at all
Re: At What Age Did You Start Working? by Melaninprincess(f): 12:13am On Nov 12, 2021
Has to be 17.

Check out my signature for the best deals on freepods 3
Re: At What Age Did You Start Working? by UEDIBO: 2:34am On Nov 12, 2021
I dey game
JavaScript90:
17 was offloading plantain in aba while waiting for my admission. didn't do that up to a year before I got admitted
I love working for myself sha. Started learning web design and programming in general in 2017 when I was still a student because I never saw myself doing paid employment. By end of 2018 i developed a Website equivalent to nairaland in functionality(nairaland actually inspired me into programming) when I finished php and SQL. I am already done with school and I am still working for myself doing what I know how to do best PROGRAMMING
2018 was the year when I finished my first programming language
Hello, I am a fullstack web developer. I develop all types of website. I major in developing complex custom website and mobile apps for businesses and startups. If you have an idea and need a competent programmer to translate your idea into codes, I am the right man for the job.
I also have a nice real estate website for sale specially designed for the Nigerian market
Click my username to see my WhatsApp number on my profile
Re: At What Age Did You Start Working? by phorget(m): 7:38am On Nov 12, 2021
I was born working...
Even in pregnancy my mama still used to carry me in her tommy to the farm, she would track the miles so I was practically born into work.
Re: At What Age Did You Start Working? by Btruth: 8:14am On Nov 12, 2021
KarinaLove:

You are very right. I can't believe I made that typo and didn't notice it till you pointed it out. Thanks for correcting me dear.
no one is perfect dear sis. All is well IJN.
Re: At What Age Did You Start Working? by shina11(m): 8:43am On Nov 12, 2021
moving towards this but I'm learning c# and python sha.
JavaScript90:
17 was offloading plantain in aba while waiting for my admission. didn't do that up to a year before I got admitted
I love working for myself sha. Started learning web design and programming in general in 2017 when I was still a student because I never saw myself doing paid employment. By end of 2018 i developed a Website equivalent to nairaland in functionality(nairaland actually inspired me into programming) when I finished php and SQL. I am already done with school and I am still working for myself doing what I know how to do best PROGRAMMING
2018 was the year when I finished my first programming language
Hello, I am a fullstack web developer. I develop all types of website. I major in developing complex custom website and mobile apps for businesses and startups. If you have an idea and need a competent programmer to translate your idea into codes, I am the right man for the job.
I also have a nice real estate website for sale specially designed for the Nigerian market
Click my username to see my WhatsApp number on my profile
Re: At What Age Did You Start Working? by smogia1994(m): 8:59am On Nov 12, 2021
i could remember vividly in 2009 i started a bakery work at age 11. worked in a bakery at ugbihoko benin city, my first expereince then and it was fun.
i mixed flour, turn bread from the pan and slice mehn it was fun i wasnt paid but anytime im going home cos i stayed in abj then he gives me 20k cool cash then. God bless you GODS GLORY BAKERY you make me strong and believ i can make it without dubious means.
the wife buys clothes and stuff before going to abj treat her children and me as one. god bless u again baba benin.

at age 25 after my nysc i was retained at my work place and im still working there till date.
anyway i deal with anykind of cyptocurrency, fast payment and swt rates
Re: At What Age Did You Start Working? by Revolva(m): 9:41am On Nov 12, 2021
Around 5 years old I don de hustle in d street
Re: At What Age Did You Start Working? by Johel(m): 10:32am On Nov 12, 2021
Ekakamba:
Like the age category, you fall into. grin tongue

18 or 19
Re: At What Age Did You Start Working? by Smyk13: 11:20am On Nov 12, 2021
At 13. I worked as a gardener/house keeper when I was in Sec Sch. I will go to sch in morning and wk in the afternoon after sch. My salary was N15 monthly.
Re: At What Age Did You Start Working? by Akunnaya123(f): 12:18pm On Nov 12, 2021
15years after graduating from secondary school
Re: At What Age Did You Start Working? by DeipTruth(f): 12:29pm On Nov 12, 2021
Probz:

I’ve worked more jobs and made more money than you would in 7 lifetimes. Gaslight me all you like. It’s you who’s living in poverty.

People that usually talk like this based on my little years I've lived on earth are mostly poverty stricken. Not necessarily you. This is purely based on observation.

Anyone who is quick to call another person poor are mostly very poor people or no self esteem worse off inferiority complex situation.

I hope you're not one of them, the more money in 7lifetimes, are you God that determines s persons lifetime's worth.

Be careful and mindful how you quickly brandish anyone poor.
Re: At What Age Did You Start Working? by Probz(m): 1:18pm On Nov 12, 2021
DeipTruth:

People that usually talk like this based on my little years I've lived on earth are mostly poverty stricken. Not necessarily you. This is purely based on observation.

Anyone who is quick to call another person poor are mostly very poor people or no self esteem worse off inferiority complex situation.

I hope you're not one of them, the more money in 7lifetimes, are you God that determines s persons lifetime's worth.

Be careful and mindful how you quickly brandish anyone poor.

Your experience doesn’t hold space for mine so whatever. You don’t know anything about me, fam.
Re: At What Age Did You Start Working? by Fortune118005(m): 1:32pm On Nov 12, 2021
Re: At What Age Did You Start Working? by TeeGentle(m): 7:42pm On Nov 12, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bank Teller / Macaranta.com Online Learning Solution For Nigeria. / Do You Love Talking? Here Are 5 Perfect Jobs For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.