Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,667 members, 7,820,342 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Nigerian Student In America Threatens To Blow Up American University - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Student In America Threatens To Blow Up American University (4255 Views)

6 Boys Rape SSS1 Student In Kaduna / Armed Robber Trying To Rob A Uniabuja Student In Gwagwalada, Caught / Nigerian Student Stabbed To Death By Countrymen Over Girlfriend In Cyprus(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Student In America Threatens To Blow Up American University by denex: 3:36am On Jul 26, 2007
I don't even see why I should be defending that hopeless boy. If them give am chance talk now, e go say na the Nigerians wey dey Nigeria be useless, hopeless people living on $1 per day. Make e experience something now.

I say na turn by turn. Maybe America don ready to switch from Arabs to Nigerians. Personally, I hope so.
Re: Nigerian Student In America Threatens To Blow Up American University by Nobody: 3:37am On Jul 26, 2007
denex:

I don't even see why I should be defending that hopeless boy. If them give am chance talk now, e go say na the Nigerians wey dey Nigeria be useless, hopeless people living on $1 per day. Make e experience something now.

I say na turn by turn. Maybe America don ready to switch from Arabs to Nigerians. Personally, I hope so.

now you're talking
Re: Nigerian Student In America Threatens To Blow Up American University by MILITIA(f): 3:54am On Jul 26, 2007
TayoD:

@denex,
When you are a dupe and make such threats, while ordering submachine guns and keeping a loaded gun at home, your turn to visit the DHS is just round the corner!

grin grin grin grin grin grin  George Bush style kpa kpa!  Come hang weapons of mass destruction lie on your neck with Collin Powell and his drawing board and cane abi na stick to prove to the whole world that you actually have it!  Na die be that now!!!!! grin  Trust our "Cowboy"!  He makes anything stick till he accomplishes his goals!!!!!

babyosisi:

The boy needs to be dealt with to the full extent of the law.
People can't open their mouths anyhow.
If only people picked up on cho,many would have still been alive today
we can't afford to make that mistake again so soon

omoge:

abi o. the court will surely do that, trust oyinbos. i hope they send him home too after serving. there are agberos job waiting for him. after smoking weeds, they act badly soiling our names in school.

he thinks he is in nigeria. threat for money, didn't he knew Big MacD is hiring, undecided

Ah-ah!  His relatives will be in Nigeria now jumping from one native doctor to the other, praying for favourable verdict against their  "beloved" son!  Who has been sending all the racketeering money to his kinsmen!  I say IRS is waiting for him after this mess!!! tongue

denex:

Don't worry after they finish with him, he will be handed over to you guys to work his gun dealing magic with armed robbers!  I think he is going to be well schooled enough to visit you for patronage! tongue So y'all can start that business you talked about earlier! he he he he he he!!!! THE GOD FATHER!!!!! grin
Re: Nigerian Student In America Threatens To Blow Up American University by denex: 4:02am On Jul 26, 2007
I wan sleep jare. I tire for all this New Nigerian terrorist. Well thank God we've joined the league of terrorist breeding country. Another feather to our national cap.
Re: Nigerian Student In America Threatens To Blow Up American University by MILITIA(f): 4:03am On Jul 26, 2007
Amen Goodnight jare! You don try today! kiss
Re: Nigerian Student In America Threatens To Blow Up American University by StephenP(m): 5:32am On Jul 26, 2007
I wonder if it's too late to put in a word or two, I believe that if anything happens to a Nigerians whether it be from East, West, North or South, we all as Nigerians are responsible for it. Northerns should not argue about Southerns because we Easterns wanted to seperate but y'all didn't agree. So we are all NIGERIANS.

I am schooling in Virginia Tech and trust me the security is damn high and I know in the US now any threat is taken seriously as too many events have occured in the last ten years. It's unfortunate that it had to be a Nigerian to make this threat and for all this to happen to. But it should also be a lesson to us all, watch what you say in public because you don't know when it's gon' come back to haunt you.

Hopefully, the guy will come out alive at worst deported or something. undecided
Re: Nigerian Student In America Threatens To Blow Up American University by adconline(m): 6:36am On Jul 26, 2007
Is this dude really a Nigerian or a Nigerian decent?
Re: Nigerian Student In America Threatens To Blow Up American University by Xris74: 7:18am On Jul 26, 2007
They should execute this digrace of a holigan with dispatch. Nigeria will not miss his Yoruba arse ke grin grin
Re: Nigerian Student In America Threatens To Blow Up American University by YangaRat: 7:21am On Jul 26, 2007
Whether na Nigeria man or Biafra man, any Africa man when get lucky to emigrate go tanda for America, come begin dey take gun dey do yanga, na MAD MAN when don forget himself, and dem suppose to lock am for general prison population to see small education before other inmate dem go come wake up and kill am like poison snake, gbosaaaa.

Trouble dey sleep.  Yanga go wake am.
Re: Nigerian Student In America Threatens To Blow Up American University by k0be: 7:33am On Jul 26, 2007

This photo released by the Madison County, Ill., Sheriff shows Olutosin Oduwole, a Southern Illinois University student who was arrested Tuesday, July 24, 2007, after he allegedly threatened a "murderous rampage" similar to the Virginia Tech shootings that left 32 people and the gunman dead, authorities said. A gun dealer had alerted federal authorities about Oduwole, saying he had seemed overly anxious to get a shipment of semiautomatic weapons, according to an affidavit filed in court by a police detective. Oduwole was charged Tuesday with attempting to make a terrorist threat, a felony. (AP Photo/Madison County Sheriff)

Several semi-automatic handguns, purchased by Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville student Olutosin Oduwole, sit on a desk next to SIUE Police Chief Regina Hays, from left, Wood River Deputy Chief of Police Otis Steward and ATF Agent Larry Washington during a news conference Wednesday, July 25, 2007, at the SIUE campus in Edwardsville, Ill. Oduwole, 22, has been accused of threatening a "murderous rampage" similar to the Virginia Tech shootings that left 32 people and the gunman dead in April. (AP Photo/Whitney Curtis)
Re: Nigerian Student In America Threatens To Blow Up American University by k0be: 7:36am On Jul 26, 2007
Oduwole, who turned 22 on Wednesday, was charged a day earlier with making a terrorist threat. He was being held on a total of $1.1 million bail. He also faced unrelated theft and fraud charges that had kept him in jail since his arrest. Those charges accuse him of selling a fully automatic M-16 assault rifle he never owned, then failing to ship the weapon to the online buyer.

During a brief court appearance, attorney Patricia Dennis entered a not guilty plea on his behalf. She declined to comment on the charges.

Friends and a former attorney for Oduwole called the arrest a misunderstanding that might be related to the sometimes violent lyrics of his rap songs.

Regina Hays, the university's police chief, said the note had rap lyrics scrawled on one side of a piece of typing paper and on part of the opposite side, was the supposed threat.

Police said they found a loaded .25-caliber gun in Oduwole's campus apartment. According to a search warrant, police also seized a photograph of Oduwole flashing gang signs, a camcorder and U.S. and Nigerian passports. An investigator said Wednesday the passports were in Oduwole's name.

John Cernkovich, an attorney who until Wednesday represented Oduwole on theft and fraud charges, said Oduwole is a U.S. citizen and described him as "pretty normal."

"I'm not a psychologist or psychiatrist, but I understand that in this environment _ post-Sept. 11 _ authorities don't take any chances," Cernkovich said of the threat allegations. "Unfortunately, my client now is in custody because of that."

While the university listed Oduwole's permanent address as Maplewood, N.J., a woman identifying herself as his mother works in the St. Louis area, and a social networking Web site Facebook page appearing to belong to Oduwole says he's from St. Louis.

A Facebook page for a Tosin Oduwole at Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville said he worked at Olad Adult Day Program in Pagedale, Mo. A woman reached at the business identified herself as Oduwole's mother, but would not give her name. She said she believes the arrest is tied to his lyrics, which she acknowledged were violent.

"He liked to write music, not to hurt anybody," she said.

Steve Holman, 24, a Southern Illinois University senior and Oduwole's friend, said Wednesday the matter was "absolutely a misunderstanding." He declined to discuss it further.

Oduwole, who is president of the local chapter of the Iota Phi Theta fraternity, attended the Edwardsville school during the 2005-06 year, sat out a year on academic probation, and was taking summer courses this year without having declared a major, university spokesman Greg Conroy said.

http://www.santafenewmexican.com/news/65442.html
Re: Nigerian Student In America Threatens To Blow Up American University by MILITIA(f): 10:40am On Jul 26, 2007
You can tell there is an absence of a father figure in this whole saga! embarassed  Well, let the attorney also used the excuse that he "probably was molested as a child"----To make matters worse---he was on academic probation.  Olodo----dealing in guns! What an NFA--ite(Major in No Future Ambition)-----With a UNDECLARED MAJOR!!!! But he has time to do runs in gun dealing.  He did not even own the gun? shocked  Then he failed to ship it to the "runs guy"? Even the mother is ashamed to bring her head out!   What a disgrace!!!!!

The guys problems seem to have compounded oh!

Fraud!----419!
Making Terroristic threats!
Raketeering!---I say IRS is coming for him!
Cultism-- Confra boy!
Concealed weaponry in school premises!

Like he is the only one that  like to write rap music!!! His mates are studying math and science courses in schools and all this one can think of is jotting down "confra" gangster rap music tongue

You hear it?  ATTEMPTING TO MAKE A TERRORISTIC THREAT IS A FELONY!!!!! So make una dey use Nigerian logic to rationalize this loony being's behaviour!

adconline:

Is this dude really a Nigerian or a Nigerian decent?

Well he has both Nigerian and American Passports as we can see!  If he ever gets out, he is going to be on probation for life!  No one will ever employ him with this record!  So he may be back in Nigeria after this on his own volition!

Yanga Rat:

Whether na Nigeria man or Biafra man, any Africa man when get lucky to emigrate go tanda for America, come begin dey take gun dey do yanga, na MAD MAN when don forget himself, and them suppose to lock am for general prison population to see small education before other inmate them go come wake up and kill am like poison snake, gbosaaaa.

Trouble dey sleep.  Yanga go wake am.

You really understand am well well! grin grin grin

Xris74:

They should execute this digrace of a holigan with dispatch. Nigeria will not miss his Yoruba arse ke grin grin

See the strong area boy face sef!!!!! grin  Let his lawyer work hard oh--for her money!!!  I am sure the lawyer is a court appointed public defender-----and you know what that means!  His trial will be quick and short---with long jail time!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Student In America Threatens To Blow Up American University by MILITIA(f): 10:50am On Jul 26, 2007
StephenP:

I wonder if it's too late to put in a word or two, I believe that if anything happens to a Nigerians whether it be from East, West, North or South, we all as Nigerians are responsible for it. Northerns should not argue about Southerns because we Easterns wanted to seperate but y'all didn't agree. So we are all NIGERIANS.

I am schooling in Virginia Tech and trust me the security is damn high and I know in the US now any threat is taken seriously as too many events have occured in the last ten years. It's unfortunate that it had to be a Nigerian to make this threat and for all this to happen to. But it should also be a lesson to us all, watch what you say in public because you don't know when it's gon' come back to haunt you.
Hopefully, the guy will come out alive at worst deported or something. undecided

Yeah---deported to "Guantanmo Bay" like the rest of his American born alledged terrorist paddies!!!!! Since he also has an American passport in his real name!  The authorities have even found out his nationality to determine how to proceed with the case!!!!  This should be a lesson for all!  If you are in Rome, do as the Romans do!!!!  If you cannot obay the laws of a country, just pack your bags je je and go back to Naija!!!!  Agberoism is highly tolerated and richly rewarded there! tongue
Re: Nigerian Student In America Threatens To Blow Up American University by adconline(m): 5:53pm On Jul 27, 2007
I think there is nothing Nigerian about this guy. If we are thinking that he got Naija passport, didn’t Andy Rooney of CBS show his Nigerian passport on 60 Minutes? He was born, bred and buttered in America, his mom happens to come from Nigeria. So this is like “my mom says that I am from Nigerian”. Trust America press, if he had been born in Nigeria and became a naturalized citizen, they will tell you. Let them treat him as one of their own.
Re: Nigerian Student In America Threatens To Blow Up American University by MILITIA(f): 2:12am On Jul 28, 2007
adconline:

I think there is nothing Nigerian about this guy. If we are thinking that he got Naija passport, didn’t Andy Rooney of CBS show his Nigerian passport on 60 Minutes? He was born, bred and buttered in America, his mom happens to come from Nigeria. So this is like “my mom says that I am from Nigerian”. Trust America press, if he had been born in Nigeria and became a naturalized citizen, they will tell you. Let them treat him as one of their own.

Even his "strong" guguru and ekpa face tongue
Re: Nigerian Student In America Threatens To Blow Up American University by StephenP(m): 3:39am On Jul 28, 2007
MILITIA:

Even his "strong" guguru and ekpa face tongue

Militia you seem to be very stereotypical recently. Calm down I don't think strong guguru and ekpa face actually fit his appearance. cool
Re: Nigerian Student In America Threatens To Blow Up American University by MILITIA(f): 5:55pm On Jul 28, 2007
StephenP:

Militia you seem to be very stereotypical recently. Calm down I don't think strong guguru and ekpa face actually fit his appearance. cool

Which one is "sterotypical" again??  Did you not read that the guy had a Nigerian passport on him?  So he is a dual citizen abi? Someone mentioned above that he could have fraudulently obtained the Nigerian passport--just to smear Nigeria further, since we are already famous for this and that.  Okay!  Till it is proven otherwise, he is a dual citizen!!! So his face face does not fit his appearance   Please what does that mean   There is nothing aje-butterish or Omo-mommyish about this face now  This is a hardened "kPA-KO-RO-RO"!!!! grin
Re: Nigerian Student In America Threatens To Blow Up American University by Ndipe(m): 10:59pm On Jul 28, 2007
For those who have turned this unfortunate episode into tribalism on this board, the truth is that in America, the suspect is judged on his nationality, (Nigerian), not his tribe (Yoruba), so all in all, Nigeria's image in the global arena is negative!
Re: Nigerian Student In America Threatens To Blow Up American University by k0be: 11:57pm On Jul 28, 2007
Thank you jare Ndipe. succint!
Re: Nigerian Student In America Threatens To Blow Up American University by adconline(m): 1:01am On Jul 29, 2007
For folks who are spinning this, facial appearance does not depict nationality. There is no mention of the fact that he was born in Nigeria, so he was born , bred and buttered in America. Emeka Okafor is not treated as a Nigerian in the American press. Former NBA player. John Amaechi who came out to say that he was gay has not been called a Nigerian. How is Nigerian image at stake with regard to this amateur ganster? He is an American citizen of Nigerian descent. By the Dr John Agwunobi, US Assitant Secretary of Health is an American of Nigerian descent.
Re: Nigerian Student In America Threatens To Blow Up American University by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:18am On Jul 29, 2007
The dude's pathetic. Trying to be funny with the wannabe Cho bull, now he can be funny in jail while Bubba rapes him up the ass for dropping the soap.

Btw, to the usual tribalist cartel, I hope you will all be waiting outside with the newspaper vendors and making sure that you tell anyone who buys a copy that "He's not Nigerian but Yoruba o!"

ok? eyin didirin jati jati.
Re: Nigerian Student In America Threatens To Blow Up American University by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:22am On Jul 29, 2007
wetin be this rubbish, "of Nigerian descent" Lmfao

dude is Nigerian. enough with the lame excuses.
Re: Nigerian Student In America Threatens To Blow Up American University by k0be: 1:35am On Jul 29, 2007
lol u don make me laugh tire. tongue
Re: Nigerian Student In America Threatens To Blow Up American University by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 29, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

The dude's pathetic. Trying to be funny with the wannabe Cho bull, now he can be funny in jail while Bubba assaults him up the ass for dropping the soap.

Btw, to the usual tribalist cartel, I hope you will all be waiting outside with the newspaper vendors and making sure that you tell anyone who buys a copy that "He's not Nigerian but Yoruba o!"

ok? eyin didirin jati jati.

like I said and several reiterated,his tribe means nothing a far as this tory is concerned.

Hopefully, the guy will come out alive at worst deported or something

I no support deportation like that oh!
He is an American,period ,he's not going anywhere.
They'll deal with him here.

you want him to go carry out his rampage at Unilag or UNN?
tufiakwa!!
Re: Nigerian Student In America Threatens To Blow Up American University by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:41pm On Jul 29, 2007
osisi, do you consider yourself head of the cartel? If not then you shouldnt be bothered, my response is in regards to the garbage that was written by idiots on page 1 and 2.
Re: Nigerian Student In America Threatens To Blow Up American University by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 29, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

osisi, do you consider yourself head of the cartel? If not then you shouldnt be bothered, my response is in regards to the garbage that was written by idiots on page 1 and 2.

not at all but you've adressed me several times as tribalistic and I'm not.
Re: Nigerian Student In America Threatens To Blow Up American University by MILITIA(f): 6:43am On Jul 30, 2007
This guguru and ekpa thread still dey alive shocked
Re: Nigerian Student In America Threatens To Blow Up American University by adconline(m): 7:08am On Jul 31, 2007
Even his attorney asserts that he is an American citizen why all these connections to Nigeria?If he had been convicted of a crime in no-nonsense Singapore, would America or Nigeria come to his rescue? Go figure
Re: Nigerian Student In America Threatens To Blow Up American University by Lasinoh: 11:14pm On Dec 23, 2011
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-831436.0.html

Mehhhn. . .see fierce batlle for this thread those days. . . battling cyber bullies. Little did they know they were gonna be 'the sinking titanic'! cheesy
Glad to know we have come to know those behind the computer. . . good ridddance to foul stinking rubbish! Thank God for anonymity. . . Mu he he he he he he he

Guilty as charged. . . his arzzze is going to jail! Moutallab don get almajiri brother for jail. . . . cheesy

Dear MILITIA LOGAN. . . You are still hot and always be hot! On or off the cyber airways. . . E BADU BELLE AND E JOLOSI I WANNO MARRY AND BORN FOR CYBER CANNOT DO YOU NO SHYTE. . . MAY THEY KEEP JUMPING OVER THE BRIDGES ALL OVER NORTH CAROLINA AND THE WORLD OR KEEP FACING HIRED ASSASSINS BULLETS. . . .Iseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! grin

Mu che che che che che che

How time flies! cheesy
Re: Nigerian Student In America Threatens To Blow Up American University by aloyemeka1: 11:58pm On Dec 23, 2011
Re: Nigerian Student In America Threatens To Blow Up American University by Ndipe(m): 6:17pm On Aug 25, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gruesome Crime Scene Images In New York From Early 1900's(graphics) / Slits Girlfriend’s Throat,had Sex With Her As She Bled To Death(GRAPHIC WARN) / Maryam Sanda's Case: Kannywood Actress Cries Out, '' I Am Not The One''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.