Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,687 members, 7,823,935 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Vigilante Member Accidentally Kills Woman, Injures 7-month-old Baby At Funeral - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Vigilante Member Accidentally Kills Woman, Injures 7-month-old Baby At Funeral (532 Views)

Anambra Woman Injures 7-Year-Old Nephew For Failing To Recite English Alphabet / 10-Year-Old Bello Abdulkadir Ado, A Vigilante Member In Katsina Carrying Gun / Osun Vigilante Member Kills Man For 'Having Illicit Affair With His Wife' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vigilante Member Accidentally Kills Woman, Injures 7-month-old Baby At Funeral by DonCrack: 2:57pm On Nov 11, 2021
Vigilante Member Accidentally Kills Woman, Injures 7-Month-Old Baby At Funeral In Edo

One 37-year-old Chigozie Nwaneri who is a member of the Edo State Vigilante Group has been arrested by the State police for accidentally killing a woman and also injuring a 7-month-old baby in a funeral, HGS Media Plus gathered.

The incident happened in Upper Mission extension of Edo State.

It was gathered that the suspect joined his members to attend a funeral service of one of their colleague who recently passed away.

It was said that the suspect fired several gun shot into the air as a sign of respect for their fallen colleague when the bullets hit the victim, a 27-year-old woman who happens to be one of the mourners and a baby.

Consequently, she died on the spot while the baby is in critical condition at the hospital.

It was also gathered that the victim is a relation to the deceased vigilante whose funeral turned into an unfortunate tragedy.

The suspect said the unfortunate incident was a result of accidental discharge.

Confirming the arrest, Spokesperson of the Edo State Police Command, SP Bello Kontongs said the suspect would be charged to court for murder, adding that other vigilante members should be careful with weapons.

Source: https://hgsmediaplus.com/2021/11/11/vigilante-member-accidentally-kills-woman-injures-7-month-old-baby-at-funeral-in-edo/

lalasticlala
mynd44

Re: Vigilante Member Accidentally Kills Woman, Injures 7-month-old Baby At Funeral by Wealthoptulent(m): 8:59pm On Nov 11, 2021
Dualization.. what a tragedy
Re: Vigilante Member Accidentally Kills Woman, Injures 7-month-old Baby At Funeral by Shellsploit: 10:38pm On Nov 11, 2021
Vigilantes should be banned from using shotguns/rifles.
The way they shoot at every occasion is deadly. That was how one almost shot down my drone ay a burial ceremony i went to cover for a client in Aguileri, anambra state.

I told him, if you shoot down my dji drone, u go count my money cash give me!
Re: Vigilante Member Accidentally Kills Woman, Injures 7-month-old Baby At Funeral by Aganju849: 4:40am On Nov 12, 2021
DonCrack:
Vigilante Member Accidentally Kills Woman, Injures 7-Month-Old Baby At Funeral In Edo

Source: https://hgsmediaplus.com/2021/11/11/vigilante-member-accidentally-kills-woman-injures-7-month-old-baby-at-funeral-in-edo/

lalasticlala
mynd44

See as he be like wild animal...they should've burned him to death on the spot
Re: Vigilante Member Accidentally Kills Woman, Injures 7-month-old Baby At Funeral by Caramia2020(m): 6:55am On Nov 12, 2021
Na wa, it's painful to mourn n remourn again, double wahala for dead body.

(1) (Reply)

She Killed 700 People In Her Church / Kidnappers On Rampage In Kaduna Metropolis / Nigerian Student Dies Day After Arriving Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.