Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Compulsory Giving or Tithing is of Men, Not Jesus - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Compulsory Giving or Tithing is of Men, Not Jesus (753 Views)

Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Compulsory Giving or Tithing is of Men, Not Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:56am On Nov 14, 2021
anu3:

Ok... But I wouldn't like to stay near your group because of your teachings or interpretations of scriptures (especially about the diety of Jesus as God) that is not from the Holy Spirit, but of Man (from the founder, I guess). The Holy spirit and the new testament is my guide to know.
1John.2.27 - But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.
I don't have a local church for now, but I know some good examples of Jesus' Disciples online that I respect, because their lives and teachings are Purely Scriptural and Spiritual. They're not perfect, but christlike: men like Paul and others. And they don't believe that they're the Only true church or group. You may check some of them if you want (note, I'm not a member of any of them): Gbile Akanni, Zac Poonen, (late) Jan Boshoof and warningthepeople (YouTube).
It's just my conviction, no problem if don't agree.
All right... Thanks for your time.

Well Jesus is God just as Moses is God! Exodus 7:1
It's the Almighty God who made both of them like God that's why Moses said the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob will send another prophet just like himself to establish a New Covenant with Israel and whoever fails to accept the teachings of that prophet will be cut off from the living. Deuteronomy 18:15-19

Peter confirmed that Jesus is the prophet foretold by Moses. Act 3:22

So the Almighty God made both Moses and Jesus God in the sense that whatever both of them wish will happen immediately, that's why both of them were like Gods in the midst of men.

Both Moses and Jesus clearly stated that the Almighty God sent them as messengers so they are both sent by the same Almighty God.

However i really enjoyed the few moments with you, each person is entitled to his own opinion, you believe there is no popular church that's spirit filled but i believe otherwise it's OK as long as you believe that Jesus is the only begotten son of God! John 3:16

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Compulsory Giving or Tithing is of Men, Not Jesus by anu3: 8:23am On Nov 14, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Well Jesus is God just as Moses is God! Exodus 7:1
It's the Almighty God who made both of them like God that's why Moses said the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob will send another prophet just like himself to establish a New Covenant with Israel and whoever fails to accept the teachings of that prophet will be cut off from the living. Deuteronomy 18:15-19

Peter confirmed that Jesus is the prophet foretold by Moses. Act 3:22

So the Almighty God made both Moses and Jesus God in the sense that whatever both of them wish will happen immediately, that's why both of them were like Gods in the midst of men.

Both Moses and Jesus clearly stated that the Almighty God sent them as messengers so they are both sent by the same Almighty God.

However i really enjoyed the few moments with you, each person is entitled to his own opinion, you believe there is no popular church that's spirit filled but i believe otherwise it's OK as long as you believe that Jesus is the only begotten son of God! John 3:16

Oh, I see... ( at the bolded).

Anyway...

Take care.
Re: Compulsory Giving or Tithing is of Men, Not Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:34am On Nov 14, 2021
anu3:

Oh, I see... ( at the bolded).
Anyway...
Take care.

I believe what is written in the scriptures!
Re: Compulsory Giving or Tithing is of Men, Not Jesus by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The New Covenant isn't about what you support or don't support. It is God's Law as given to all by Jesus Christ. undecided

first go read up and learn of God's previous Law, the Old Covenant - Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy - , where God Himself designed, and defined tithing to know where Tithing , the concept, come from and also how God specified it ought to work. Then come back and read through the New Covenant- Matthew. Mark, Luke and John - to then see how God's own version of tithing remains a part of the Old and not the New. undecided

You guys are saying the same thing in different forms.
Re: Compulsory Giving or Tithing is of Men, Not Jesus by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 14, 2021
anu3:

I don't mean to insult you, but I must confess, I have my Doubt if you're a christian: I mean, you don't sound like a true follower of Jesus (just my opinion, you don't have to agree); although, you know the Bible fairly well, I guess (remember the devil knows it more than us all).

Please, you might consider a little what I say, if you think I've got a bit of sense; but if not, kindly ignore.

All right.

The both of you are saying the same thing in different forms.
Re: Compulsory Giving or Tithing is of Men, Not Jesus by anu3: 10:15am On Nov 14, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

I believe what is written in the scriptures!

Ok friend, please forget it, we can't achieve anything trying to argue. But I think I should write this before I stop (to avoid argument, a sin). I wish there's nothing Dangerous about your group. But how can I show you now, for you to even test a little, as you're heavily involved in your group, and you can only use their lense to view things, not the gift of God, the Holy Spirit.

My concern is you said you were a Muslim. Oh, both are rooted in deception but the latter is better in the sense that you wouldn't claim you're a Christian in any case if you had remained there. But now you believe you are a Christian when you don't even believe Jesus is One with God (as in Father, Son and the Holy Spirit). (John 10:30, John 14:8-12, John 1)

Can I Imagine a true christian equalizing Moses and Jesus (the ONLY Begotten Son of God, John 3:16) because of Exodus 7:1 (God told Moses, "I have made you as God to Pharaoh...". Hence, Moses now equals the ONLY Begotten Son of God, Jesus?

Friend, I'm done. I can't force you. But please, I must warn you (if you think I've got some sense), please don't make mortal men or a group your standard: make the Holy Spirit: hear from Him first before you settle for a church or group.

Rom.8.14 - For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. (Not by men or group first of all).

I'm done, friend. If I don't write you again, it's not because I'm offended, but trying not to argue or impose myself on you. I've done my part: I leave the rest with God alone.

Goodbye.

1 Like

Re: Compulsory Giving or Tithing is of Men, Not Jesus by anu3: 10:18am On Nov 14, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

The both of you are saying the same thing in different forms.

Thank you... The thing is we don't have the same spirit. So, even though we have somewhat similar Opinion, we can't still agree. Cos the flesh is flesh, and the spirit is spirit.

May God help us all...
Re: Compulsory Giving or Tithing is of Men, Not Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:10pm On Nov 14, 2021
anu3:

Ok friend, please forget it, we can't achieve anything trying to argue. But I think I should write this before I stop (to avoid argument, a sin). I wish there's nothing Dangerous about your group. But how can I show you now, for you to even test a little, as you're heavily involved in your group, and you can only use their lense to view things, not the gift of God, the Holy Spirit.

My concern is you said you were a Muslim. Oh, both are rooted in deception but the latter is better in the sense that you wouldn't claim you're a Christian in any case if you had remained there. But now you believe you are a Christian when you don't even believe Jesus is One with God (as in Father, Son and the Holy Spirit). (John 10:30, John 14:8-12, John 1)

Can I Imagine a true christian equalizing Moses and Jesus (the ONLY Begotten Son of God, John 3:16) because of Exodus 7:1 (God told Moses, "I have made you as God to Pharaoh...". Hence, Moses now equals the ONLY Begotten Son of God, Jesus?

Friend, I'm done. I can't force you. But please, I must warn you (if you think I've got some sense), please don't make mortal men or a group your standard: make the Holy Spirit: hear from Him first before you settle for a church or group.

Rom.8.14 - For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. (Not by men or group first of all).

I'm done, friend. If I don't write you again, it's not because I'm offended, but trying not to argue or impose myself on you. I've done my part: I leave the rest with God alone.

Goodbye.

The funny thing about you is stylishly arguing then trying to run away with your "Goodbye"
But let me enlighten you.

The Catholic Church initiated the TRINITY doctrines it's not written anywhere in the Bible most of the Churches around you carried the trinity doctrines from the Catholics (not in the Bible) yet they are protesting against Catholic.

Well i believe that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God and i was baptized as one of JWs in the name of the father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. So i believe all of that but the same Bible that says:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was John 1:1

Also say:

And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee God to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet. Exodus 7:1

Then Apostle Peter confirmed that Jesus is the prophet coming in the manner of Moses:

And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.,For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever, he shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear, that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people. Act 3:20-23

The highlighted in red is not my own words but that of Apostle Peter, so if you ignore that and start arguing over divinity is your beliefs founded on what is written in the scriptures or a dogma that's generally acceptable to other churches?

Well i am one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES we don't follow popular dogmas rather we stick to what is written in the scriptures.
Jesus is God's only begotten Son and we know what that means! John 3:16

Re: Compulsory Giving or Tithing is of Men, Not Jesus by anu3: 12:58pm On Nov 14, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The funny thing about you is stylishly arguing then trying to run away with your "Goodbye"
But let me enlighten you.

The Catholic Church initiated the TRINITY doctrines it's not written anywhere in the Bible most of the Churches around you carried the trinity doctrines from the Catholics (not in the Bible) yet they are protesting against Catholic.

Well i believe that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God and i was baptized as one of JWs in the name of the father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. So i believe all of that but the same Bible that says:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was John 1:1

Also say:

And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee God to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet. Exodus 7:1

Then Apostle Peter confirmed that Jesus is the prophet coming in the manner of Moses:

And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.,For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever, he shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear, that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people. Act 3:20-23

The highlighted in red is not my own words but that of Apostle Peter, so if you ignore that and start arguing over divinity is your beliefs founded on what is written in the scriptures or a dogma that's generally acceptable to other churches?

Well i am one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES we don't follow popular dogmas rather we stick to what is written in the scriptures.
Jesus is God's only begotten Son and we know what that means! John 3:16

Ok... Sorry for stylishly arguing as you claimed.

Take care
Re: Compulsory Giving or Tithing is of Men, Not Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:29pm On Nov 14, 2021
anu3:

Ok... Sorry for stylishly arguing as you claimed.
Take care
Farewell! smiley
Re: Compulsory Giving or Tithing is of Men, Not Jesus by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 14, 2021
anu3:

Thank you... The thing is we don't have the same spirit. So, even though we have somewhat similar Opinion, we can't still agree. Cos the flesh is flesh, and the spirit is spirit.

May God help us all...

Amen bro.
Re: Compulsory Giving or Tithing is of Men, Not Jesus by Kobojunkie: 6:26pm On Nov 14, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:
You guys are saying the same thing in different forms.
No, we are not! In the New Covenant, Tithing, a commandment from the Old Covenant is a sin. Recall that Jesus Christ warned against

■the serving of two masters where the Law. Old and New are each Masters
■ the storing of New Wine in Old Wine Skin , essentially you are not to mix the Old and the New in any way or form. The Old Covenant is a moral standard whereas the New Covenant is a standard much higher since it is for a Kingdom not of this world
■ the adding or removing of commandments even through the doctrines and traditions of men(lies Jesus Christ called them all) to God's Law. These tithing laws that people submit themselves to have nothing with that which God even instituted as part of His Old Covenant. So those who follow it in essence bow to laws that violate God's very Law.

So, no, the OP and I are in no way or form saying the same thing since Jesus Christ never taught anyone to Tithe or follow men's doctrines in His name. undecided
Re: Compulsory Giving or Tithing is of Men, Not Jesus by Kobojunkie: 6:28pm On Nov 14, 2021
anu3:

May God help us all...
You are right that we don't have the same since the Spirit of Truth would never spew lies in God's Name. undecided
Re: Compulsory Giving or Tithing is of Men, Not Jesus by Nobody: 5:04am On Nov 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
No, we are not! In the New Covenant, Tithing, a commandment from the Old Covenant is a sin. Recall that Jesus Christ warned against

■the serving of two masters where the Law. Old and New are each Masters
■ the storing of New Wine in Old Wine Skin , e seessentially you are not to mix the Old and the New in any way or form. The Old Covenant is a moral standard whereas the New Covenant is a standard much higher since it is for a Kingdom not of this world
■ the adding or removing of commandments even through the doctrines and traditions of men(lies Jesus Christ called them all) to God's Law. These tithing laws that people submit themselves to have nothing with that which God even instituted as part of His Old Covenant. So those who follow it in essence bow to laws that violate God's very Law.

So, no, the OP and I are in no way or form saying the same thing since Jesus Christ never taught anyone to Tithe or follow men's doctrines in His name. undecided

That was exactly the op's point. He was saying Christian's are not supposed to tithe as it wasn't part of Christ's commandment to Christians.
Re: Compulsory Giving or Tithing is of Men, Not Jesus by Kobojunkie: 5:44am On Nov 15, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:
That was exactly the op's point. He was saying Christian's are not supposed to tithe as it wasn't part of Christ's commandment to Christians.
My mistake then. undecided
I took his claim suggesting men required it to mean it was somehow allowed in those cases. undecided
First, Jesus and His apostles preached Cheerful Giving, NOT the old covenant Tithing nor any type of compulsive payments or donations as common today. In other words, Men: Pastors/Group leaders may require compulsive Giving or Tithing, not God.
Add to that his statement about putting thise he considers great pastors and their churches doctrines to one side, where Jesus Christ outrightly condemned pastors along with the doctrines and traditions of men, led me to conclude that indeed the OP isn't willing to abandon all that which Jesus Christ declared as sins against the Truth of God. undecided
To know the truth, we've got to Humble ourselves; put great pastors and church doctrines on one side, then take the Bible (particularly Matthew through Revelation) and read: asking God grace for revelation. Just like the Berean christians dealt with even the great Paul the apostle. Acts 17:11
I have developed tunnel vision where Jesus Christ is concerned is what. If it does not seem exactly as He said it should be, it is not of Him is my conclusion. undecided
Re: Compulsory Giving or Tithing is of Men, Not Jesus by anu3: 10:06pm On Nov 15, 2021
[quote author=Kobojunkie post=107628816]
My mistake then. undecided
I took his claim suggesting men required it to mean it was somehow allowed in those cases.

Hello... It's nice to hear you admit your mistake. I even had to recheck the post to see if there's any misuse of words. Don't think I'm angry that's why I didn't reply your last quote. I stop talking when I realize that I would only be arguing endlessly and fruitlessly: arguing is useless. It's a sin of self justification (a person that's sure won't argue).

However, I am a little concerned about you. You seem to have lots of knowledge, but it hasn't changed your heart for Christ. To start with, I'll encourage you to start seeking grace to practice what's written in Matthew chapters 5, 6, and 7, and other part of the new testament thereafter.

Matt.18.3 - And he said: "I tell you the truth, UNLESS YOU CHANGE and become like little children, you will NEVER enter the kingdom of heaven.
Matt.18.4 - Therefore, whoever HUMBLES himself like THIS CHILD is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Let's remember the devil knows the Bible much more...

Now, if the above sounds like a piece of garbage to you, please kindly ignore. Few others and I myself may need to pick one or two things from it.

May God help us to be real Doers of the Word, not just good Hearers and Speakers of it.
Re: Compulsory Giving or Tithing is of Men, Not Jesus by Kobojunkie: 10:14pm On Nov 15, 2021
anu3:

Hello... It's nice to hear you admit your mistake. I even had to recheck the post to see if there's any misuse of words. Don't think I'm angry that's why I didn't reply your last quote. I stop talking when I realize that I would only be arguing endlessly and fruitlessly: arguing is useless. It's a sin of self justification (a person that's sure won't argue).

However, I am a little concerned about you. You seem to have lots of knowledge, but it hasn't changed your heart for Christ. To start with, I'll encourage you to start seeking grace to practice what's written in Matthew chapters 5, 6, and 7, and other part of the new testament thereafter.

Matt.18.3 - And he said: "I tell you the truth, UNLESS YOU CHANGE and become like little children, you will NEVER enter the kingdom of heaven.
Matt.18.4 - Therefore, whoever HUMBLES himself like THIS CHILD is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Let's remember the devil knows the Bible much more...

Now, if the above sounds like a piece of garbage to you, please kindly ignore. Few others and I myself may need to pick one or two things from it.

May God help us to be real Doers of the Word, not just good Hearers and Speakers of it.
You seem to be confused about where Jesus Christ said your humility as one of His own should lie. He made it clear it is meant for God and God alone. When your become like a child, it is so you can be trained by Him. When you humble yourself, it is before God, and not before men. undecided

Try not go go around thinking people are to bend towards you in any of this. Jesus Christ did not come to teach us to be humble or nice to men. Instead, He called His followers to Trust in and Obey Him and Him alone... this regardless of what men chose to think of them. undecided
Re: Compulsory Giving or Tithing is of Men, Not Jesus by anu3: 10:41pm On Nov 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You seem to be confused about where Jesus Christ said your humility as one of His own should lie. He made it clear it is meant for God and God alone. When your become like a child, it is so you can be trained by Him. When you humble yourself, it is before God, and not before men. undecided

Try not go go around thinking people are to bend towards you in any of this. Jesus Christ did not come to teach us to be humble or nice to men. Instead, He called His followers to Trust in and Obey Him and Him alone... this regardless of what men chose to think of them. undecided

If you wish to know about Humbling oneself before God and Men (people), see Philippians chapter 2 and Romans chapter 12; that's if you want.

All right...

Take care.
Re: Compulsory Giving or Tithing is of Men, Not Jesus by Kobojunkie: 10:43pm On Nov 15, 2021
anu3:
If you wish to know about Humbling oneself before God and Men (people), see Philippians chapter 2 and Romans chapter 12; that's if you want.

All right...

Take care.
Again, You seem to be confused about where Jesus Christ said your humility as one of His own should lie. He made it clear it is meant for God and God alone. When your become like a child, it is so you can be trained by Him. When you humble yourself, it is before God, and not before men. undecided

God declared cursed is a man who puts his trust in another man.. Jeremiah 17vs 5. You are not called by God to humble yourself before men. Instead God calls you to humble yourself before Him and Him alone. undecided
Re: Compulsory Giving or Tithing is of Men, Not Jesus by anu3: 10:45pm On Nov 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again, You seem to be confused about where Jesus Christ said your humility as one of His own should lie. He made it clear it is meant for God and God alone. When your become like a child, it is so you can be trained by Him. When you humble yourself, it is before God, and not before men. undecided

God declared cursed is a man who puts his trust in another man.. Jeremiah 17vs 5. You are not called by God to humble yourself before men. Instead God calls you to humble yourself before Him and Him alone. undecided

Ok...

Take care
Re: Compulsory Giving or Tithing is of Men, Not Jesus by Kobojunkie: 10:48pm On Nov 15, 2021
anu3:
Ok...Take care
As far as God is concerned, your humility, your trust and submission, your obedience, reverence, honesty, etc. Is meant for Him and only Him alone. He is meant to be your all and all... what men think and say should really matter for nothing. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor In Video Marries 4 Ladies Who Are All Virgins At Once, Says Bible Support / Church Members Seen Tapping Grace From Chairs Used By Pastor Adeboye & Wife(Vid) / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.