Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,197 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

BEDC Graduate Trainee Programme Requires Covid-19 Vaccination As A Pre-condition - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / BEDC Graduate Trainee Programme Requires Covid-19 Vaccination As A Pre-condition (13150 Views)

Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test / BEDC Graduate Trainee Test Invite / Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BEDC Graduate Trainee Programme Requires Covid-19 Vaccination As A Pre-condition by Equity15(m): 1:37pm On Nov 12, 2021
MirthOsas:
Na quarterly BEDC dey recruit?
the thing Taya me. Not quite long, they invited me for assesments abi field trip to Benin or so, I didn't go. I was shocked to see another vacancy again
Re: BEDC Graduate Trainee Programme Requires Covid-19 Vaccination As A Pre-condition by youngelder(m): 1:57pm On Nov 12, 2021
Their work... Their rules.

They no force you naw
Re: BEDC Graduate Trainee Programme Requires Covid-19 Vaccination As A Pre-condition by einsteine(m): 1:57pm On Nov 12, 2021
An employer can decide the sort of employees it wants. If the employer insists that all applicants must have tribal marks, that's their own choice and it is also the choice of the applicant to either get tribal marks or go for other opportunities that do not require such eccentric qualifications.

1 Like

Re: BEDC Graduate Trainee Programme Requires Covid-19 Vaccination As A Pre-condition by edoairways: 2:01pm On Nov 12, 2021
chloride6:
Mumu company instead of you to collect all applications and then sieve application quietly , you have opened yourself for law suits..

Good luck
The caveat in that article was for a reason. They can be sued without it anyway
Re: BEDC Graduate Trainee Programme Requires Covid-19 Vaccination As A Pre-condition by einsteine(m): 2:01pm On Nov 12, 2021
Yankiss:
This doesn't sound right and ought to be challenged. I will sue their arse if denied invitation on the grounds of non-vaccination. They only need to put that in writing to be nailed. Nonsense.

They said applicants must be under 28 years old, can you sue them for that? Any suit against employer screening criteria would likely fail in the courts except if the screening criteria is discriminatory on grounds of sex or ethnicity.

1 Like

Re: BEDC Graduate Trainee Programme Requires Covid-19 Vaccination As A Pre-condition by einsteine(m): 2:04pm On Nov 12, 2021
edoairways:

The caveat in that article was for a reason. They can be sued without it anyway

Suing them is an exercise in frivolity. They also said applicants must be less than 28 years old. Why not sue them for that too?

1 Like

Re: BEDC Graduate Trainee Programme Requires Covid-19 Vaccination As A Pre-condition by lexy2014: 2:08pm On Nov 12, 2021
Zanzibar1:
If you can't follow their simple instructions, you won't be able to adapt to protocols and the corporate world...
.. if you have any intention of working with them, why not follow their rules

What has corporate world got to do with bedc? Are they following their own instructions? How much electricity are they providing to their customers?

1 Like

Re: BEDC Graduate Trainee Programme Requires Covid-19 Vaccination As A Pre-condition by Yankiss(m): 2:28pm On Nov 12, 2021
einsteine:

They said applicants must be under 28 years old, can you sue them for that? Any suit against employer screening criteria would likely fail in the courts except if the screening criteria is discriminatory on grounds of sex or ethnicity.
It will NOT fail. Covid is health related. You can not stop someone from working even if covid positive. It's unethical.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: BEDC Graduate Trainee Programme Requires Covid-19 Vaccination As A Pre-condition by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:47pm On Nov 12, 2021
Yankiss:
It will NOT fail. Covid is health related. You can not stop someone from working even if covid positive. It's unethical.

Which part of the Nigerian constitution or which Nigerian law are you quoting in claiming this nonsense? I can only assume you're not employed cos you obviously don't know what you're rambling about. It's "unethical" to protect the health of your staff from people who make a personal choice to remain unvaccinated? In your village, abi?

2 Likes

Re: BEDC Graduate Trainee Programme Requires Covid-19 Vaccination As A Pre-condition by Yankiss(m): 2:53pm On Nov 12, 2021
Obi1kenobi:

Which part of the Nigerian constitution or which Nigerian law are you quoting in claiming this nonsense? I can only assume you're not employed cos you obviously don't know what you're rambling about. It's "unethical" to protect the health of your staff from people who make a personal choice to remain unvaccinated? In your village, abi?
I work in a reputable multinational. While fitness to work is a must, nobody forces you to vaccinate. And just please mind your language. Tankio

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: BEDC Graduate Trainee Programme Requires Covid-19 Vaccination As A Pre-condition by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 12, 2021
Obi1kenobi:

If you are vaccinated, why are you still scared?
Re: BEDC Graduate Trainee Programme Requires Covid-19 Vaccination As A Pre-condition by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:14pm On Nov 12, 2021
Yankiss:
I work in a reputable multinational. While fitness to work is a must, nobody forces you to vaccinate. And just please mind your language. Tankio

Define "force". If your definition of "force" is requiring prospective staff (not even actual staff) to be protected against a contagious disease to avoid spreading it in the fuccking office, you obviously live in cuckoo land. Nobody forced you to take up employment at any company, so you've not been "forced" into anything.

1 Like

Re: BEDC Graduate Trainee Programme Requires Covid-19 Vaccination As A Pre-condition by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:18pm On Nov 12, 2021
kmcutez:

If you are vaccinated, why are you still scared?

Scared of what? I'm not even vaccinated and freely move around and don't even observe basic precautions on masking and social distancing. I'm a young man with no health problems, so I'm pretty sure having Covid would be no different from catching the flu. I'm pointing out that claims that vaccination requirements by a company are illegal are unfounded garbage. What does that have to do with being "scared"?

1 Like

Re: BEDC Graduate Trainee Programme Requires Covid-19 Vaccination As A Pre-condition by Yankiss(m): 3:23pm On Nov 12, 2021
Obi1kenobi:

Define "force". If your definition of "force" is requiring prospective staff (not even actual staff) to be protected against a contagious disease to avoid spreading it in the fuccking office, you obviously live in cuckoo land. Nobody forced you to take up employment at any company, so you've not been "forced" into anything.
No use arguing with an educated illiterate.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: BEDC Graduate Trainee Programme Requires Covid-19 Vaccination As A Pre-condition by 21stDecember: 3:26pm On Nov 12, 2021
nuel000:
I believe this should be a choice and not an imposition. Share your thoughts please
Contact me if you wish to get the card without getting the covid 19 jab.
Re: BEDC Graduate Trainee Programme Requires Covid-19 Vaccination As A Pre-condition by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:28pm On Nov 12, 2021
Yankiss:
No use arguing with an educated illiterate.

Translation: "I have no argument when asked to substantiate for ignorant claim. I'm just gonna throw around infantile insults".

Great argument with facts and logic.
Re: BEDC Graduate Trainee Programme Requires Covid-19 Vaccination As A Pre-condition by nuel000: 3:41pm On Nov 12, 2021
21stDecember:

Contact me if you wish to get the card without getting the covid 19 jab.
lol...don't need their job
Re: BEDC Graduate Trainee Programme Requires Covid-19 Vaccination As A Pre-condition by gambojimeta: 3:50pm On Nov 12, 2021
nuel000:
I believe this should be a choice and not an imposition. Share your thoughts please
Employers also av choice just like job applicants have choice
Re: BEDC Graduate Trainee Programme Requires Covid-19 Vaccination As A Pre-condition by youngelder(m): 3:51pm On Nov 12, 2021
Equity15:
the thing Taya me. Not quite long, they invited me for assesments abi field trip to Benin or so, I didn't go. I was shocked to see another vacancy again
I know someone who was invited for that field stuff that has resumed work with them last week...
Re: BEDC Graduate Trainee Programme Requires Covid-19 Vaccination As A Pre-condition by gambojimeta: 3:52pm On Nov 12, 2021
Yankiss:
This doesn't sound right and ought to be challenged. I will sue their arse if denied invitation on the grounds of non-vaccination. They only need to put that in writing to be nailed. Nonsense.

Re: BEDC Graduate Trainee Programme Requires Covid-19 Vaccination As A Pre-condition by gambojimeta: 3:52pm On Nov 12, 2021
GboyegaD:
It is an individual's choice to get vaccinated and a company's choice to set their criteria on vaccination. It isn't mandatory for anyone to work with the company if they don't agree to their ideology.
Thanks for ya wisdom
Re: BEDC Graduate Trainee Programme Requires Covid-19 Vaccination As A Pre-condition by femi4: 3:53pm On Nov 12, 2021
purpinkx:

Has your workplace ever asked if you took polio or missiles measles vaccine?

Understanding is zero.
You took those vaccines without thinking of being a lab rat. That's the point
Re: BEDC Graduate Trainee Programme Requires Covid-19 Vaccination As A Pre-condition by gambojimeta: 3:54pm On Nov 12, 2021
planetx:
The America that this idiots are copying have had the courts thrown out Joe Biden vaccine mandate as unconstitutional.
Na. Nat only Amerika..Canada, Germany, Britain, Australia e.t.c. is follow same Vaxx rule by lotta employers
Re: BEDC Graduate Trainee Programme Requires Covid-19 Vaccination As A Pre-condition by gambojimeta: 3:55pm On Nov 12, 2021
Obi1kenobi:

grin grin grin
Re: BEDC Graduate Trainee Programme Requires Covid-19 Vaccination As A Pre-condition by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:03pm On Nov 12, 2021
planetx:
The America that this idiots are copying have had the courts thrown out Joe Biden vaccine mandate as unconstitutional.

In which America did courts throw out vaccine mandates as unconstitutional? The same America where thousands of teachers, nurses, policemen, firefighters and other public servants have already been terminated after failing to meet government vaccination deadlines? That is even for government mandates which are more controversial. Any private business in the US can easily exclude customers or terminate employees who are unvaccinated. Which fake news site have you been reading?
Re: BEDC Graduate Trainee Programme Requires Covid-19 Vaccination As A Pre-condition by Flamemignon1(m): 4:08pm On Nov 12, 2021
NapoleonHill:

Don't drag the corporate world into this. This is how you enslave yourself in the name of working and end up being abused by private organizations. There is no provision anywhere either by law or executive order or anything at all that encourages mandatory vaccination.
Actually, it's now a law for every corporation either in the public or private sector in Edo state for mandatory vaccination for their workers so "yes"..... The guy you quoted is right
Re: BEDC Graduate Trainee Programme Requires Covid-19 Vaccination As A Pre-condition by NapoleonHill: 4:11pm On Nov 12, 2021
Flamemignon1:

Actually, it's now a law for every corporation either in the public or private sector in Edo state for mandatory vaccination for their workers so "yes"..... The guy you quoted is right

It's now a law in Edo state and not Nigeria. Whatever happens in Edo remains in Edo. When it becomes a law in Nigeria, we can have this discussion again.
Re: BEDC Graduate Trainee Programme Requires Covid-19 Vaccination As A Pre-condition by Flamemignon1(m): 4:13pm On Nov 12, 2021
femi4:
Hypocrite
You were not a lab rat when you took immunization vaccine against polio, measles etc
Like I really don't get the way they think
Re: BEDC Graduate Trainee Programme Requires Covid-19 Vaccination As A Pre-condition by Flamemignon1(m): 4:16pm On Nov 12, 2021
Sanchez01:
They'll come out to deny this as soon as possible.
Nah... I was there two weeks ago and everyone working there from the director to the cleaner to the security are all vaccinated so I'm sure they won't deny this
Re: BEDC Graduate Trainee Programme Requires Covid-19 Vaccination As A Pre-condition by youngelder(m): 4:18pm On Nov 12, 2021
NapoleonHill:

It's now a law in Edo state and not Nigeria. Whatever happens in Edo remains in Edo. When it becomes a law in Nigeria, we can have this discussion again.

But.. BEDC is in Edo naw?

1 Like

Re: BEDC Graduate Trainee Programme Requires Covid-19 Vaccination As A Pre-condition by Flamemignon1(m): 4:18pm On Nov 12, 2021
NapoleonHill:

Well I was correcting your assumption
Re: BEDC Graduate Trainee Programme Requires Covid-19 Vaccination As A Pre-condition by gambojimeta: 4:24pm On Nov 12, 2021
youngelder:

But.. BEDC is in Edo naw?
Yup..100%

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Test Invite For Energy Sales Representative @ Ikeja Eletric 2017 / Common Errors Of First Time Applicants. / What Are The Necessary Skills Every Engineering Student Should Have

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.