Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,157 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test (18122 Views)

Diseases That Can Make You Fail Pre-employment Medicals / Pre-employment Medical / Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) Pre-employment Test. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by Girltee1(f): 2:04am On Dec 09, 2021
Hi, everyone.

I am supposed to go for medicals for a bank job. I do not take alcohol at all, but for some reason, I took red wine (12% alcohol content) last night and the test is supposed to take place today.

Please I would like to know if this would affect my chances.
Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by Akalia(m): 3:33am On Dec 09, 2021
Girltee1:
Hi, everyone.

I am supposed to go for medicals for a bank job. I do not take alcohol at all, but for some reason, I took red wine (12% alcohol content) last night and the test is supposed to take place today.

You are good. Nothing to worry about.

36 Likes

Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by AJohnnasa(m): 6:46am On Dec 09, 2021
You have nothing to worry about because by the time you go for medicals, it would have been more than 6 hours after consumption, so it won't be detected in your system.

21 Likes

Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by edobalo: 7:20am On Dec 09, 2021
Simple.

1_Chew Garlic.
2_Drink plenty of Water.

Even Hangover will disappear.
No trace of alcohol will be in your system.

43 Likes

Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by Girltee1(f): 7:47am On Dec 09, 2021
Akalia:
You are good. Nothing to worry about.
Hi, thanks for your response. I actually had a lot of it and I'm worried that they'll find out and think it's the usual practice with me.

I hope they don't.

3 Likes

Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by Girltee1(f): 7:48am On Dec 09, 2021
AJohnnasa:
You have nothing to worry about because by the time you go for medicals, it would have been more than 6 hours after consumption, so it won't be detected in your system.
Yh, but I read that it may still be detected up to 48 hours after consumption.
Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by Girltee1(f): 7:49am On Dec 09, 2021
edobalo:
Simple.

1_Chew Garlic.
2_Drink plenty of Water.

Thanks a lot for this. I made sure to drink a lot of water overnight. I'll be there at 3pm so I hope the garlic still helps.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by TheGreatIYANU: 8:53am On Dec 09, 2021
You knew you had medicals, YOU still went and drank red wine... LOTS OF IT!

Is this not village people?

188 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by izzy4shizzy(m): 9:22am On Dec 09, 2021
Even the people wey do the drug test on top you ma the drink alcohol.

Na drink you drink ,you no kill person

33 Likes

Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by Rowlandjude(m): 9:23am On Dec 09, 2021
Village people strong ooo.

6 Likes

Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 09, 2021
Girltee1:
Hi, everyone.

If the tests include a test for alcohol levels in urine and blood? Probably

If not? No, nothing to worry about.

2 Likes

Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by TheDemola: 9:23am On Dec 09, 2021
Village people are after you

2 Likes

Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by slawormiir: 9:23am On Dec 09, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Baby girl there is nothing to worry about

What is meant to be is meant to be....
If you will get the job you will get it..remember way back in Nipp electrical project....I was interviewed....and I told the admin and the rest interviewer that I smoke but not cigarette...that i smoke the other one....funny enough when the list of employed came out...my name was among

Alcohol stays in the body for about twenty six hours

So for them to detect it depends on the the type of test they are going to carry out on you..
If they use your saliva....you won't be caught
Urine..........you will be caught
Breath......you won't be caught
And moreover I know of one banker....he is also my azaman...the guy drinks alot of alcohol

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by Kingcalls: 9:23am On Dec 09, 2021
Girltee1:
Hi, everyone.

Lol...they dont check that ...u don't hv to worry

The medical check involved wud include ur sugar level, Hiv status , ur weight and height ...they will take ur blood sample ...x-ray , ur organs will be checked... they hv no business with ur alcohol intake

38 Likes

Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by Olam09(m): 9:23am On Dec 09, 2021
Yes
Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by Skyfornia(m): 9:23am On Dec 09, 2021
Ordinary redwine and you dey fear? I will even open another bottle in front of the doctor..

It won't stop you from getting the job.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by malabite3: 9:24am On Dec 09, 2021
Village people thingz..
Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by Mopolchi: 9:24am On Dec 09, 2021
Eat garlic to confuse the system

3 Likes

Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by chloride6: 9:24am On Dec 09, 2021
So?

Doesn't affect...

Half life of alcohol is very short..

What's important is, did you kush?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by money121(m): 9:24am On Dec 09, 2021
Ok
Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by Mko123(m): 9:24am On Dec 09, 2021
Continue, u hear?
Continue
Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by brainpulse: 9:25am On Dec 09, 2021
You definitely have a problem.

You knowingly know you will be going for a Job medical test and you took alcohol no matter how small, this points to unseriousness

11 Likes

Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by izzy4shizzy(m): 9:25am On Dec 09, 2021
*in Joe boys voice*

That's why I sip my alcohol
I don't wanna reason bad things no more
I don't wanna go back to where I dey before
Make nobody stress me no disturb me jo jo jo

2 Likes

Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by dettolgel: 9:25am On Dec 09, 2021
Make una leave stimulant alone una no go gree grin

I would suggest you drink a lot and go for a jog that would make you sweat alot. Hydrate and shower thereafter you will be as clean as new born.

But since you took it last night I am sure it is over 8 hours now, you should be fine unless you mixed it up with something you are not telling us? grin

Aunty talk true now make we help you ooh before it is too late ooh grin
Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:25am On Dec 09, 2021
TheGreatIYANU:
You knew you had medicals, YOU still went and drank red wine... LOTS OF IT!

Is this not village people?

I just taya.

Even if na Liverpool FC medicals, e go still high.

Den get in brain access code for village.
Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by deept(m): 9:25am On Dec 09, 2021
edobalo:
Simple.

1_Chew Garlic.
2_Drink plenty of Water.

You sabi. OP, water and wc are your friends.
Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by TheOldGods: 9:25am On Dec 09, 2021
Girltee1:
Thanks a lot for this. I made sure to drink a lot of water overnight. I'll be there at 3pm so I hope the garlic still helps.
do not eat garlic, I repeat, don't you ever eat garlic unless you want to have body odour that day you will smell so bad, that they may not interview you again

1 Like

Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by HappyPagan: 9:26am On Dec 09, 2021
Girltee1:
Hi, thanks for your response. I actually had a lot of it and I'm worried that they'll find out and think it's the usual practice with me.

I hope they don't.
You are good. Go get that job, and invite me for the next wine drinking. Congrats.

2 Likes

Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by deepwater(f): 9:26am On Dec 09, 2021
Girltee1:
Hi, everyone.

Lol

The devil is a liar
Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by Holluwhakemmy(f): 9:27am On Dec 09, 2021
Village people syndrome
Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by bikefab(m): 9:27am On Dec 09, 2021
They are not testing you for alcohol. Genotype tests, blood group and fitness is the general thing sought for in medical tests with respect to employment. Except the employment outfit specifically abhors alcohol. Just drink plenty water and stay hydrated, you are good to go.
Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by Whyalways: 9:27am On Dec 09, 2021
My people and shayo�
We need to wake up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InePKIhMZhM

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Successful Access Bank Frontliners Applicants Please Get In Here ==> / Careers/jobs People Dont Bother To Attend The Interviews / Sterling Oil And Gas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.