Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,154 members, 7,811,314 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

Ever Missed Your Flight Before? How Did It Happen? See My Own Experience: - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ever Missed Your Flight Before? How Did It Happen? See My Own Experience: (460 Views)

Have you Ever Missed Your Flight Due To Lagos Traffic? Share Your Experience / You Board Your Flight & Discover Your Seat Is Taken, How Will You React? / Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Missed Your Flight Before? How Did It Happen? See My Own Experience: by okoriejeremiah(m): 9:07pm On Nov 11, 2021
First Time To Miss A Flight ✈️

My Personal Experience ��......

At Abu Dhabi Airport, UAE, #qatarairways claimed federal government of Nigeria ~ #nigeriagovernment forced them to ensure passengers traveling to Nigeria from UAE pay #39,000 (thirty-nine thousand naira) for post-arrival Covid-19 tests.

Being fully vaccinated in Abu Dhabi, with a valid Covid-19 vaccination certificate, and a negative PCR test results, I questioned the legality of such payment ~ which, to me, is an extortion.

As an activist, I needed to let them know what they were doing was a "sharp practice". The Qatar airways officials admitted such payment was not in line with their airline policies ~ but they had to play the scripts to sustain their business in Nigeria -- "blame your government, not us", the director said.

I spoke all the "good English" in my vocabulary. While the altercations lasted, I was unable to check-in. Knowing that I was right in my claims, they arranged for me to board next available flight ~ not without paying additional charges, though. Worst still, I had to pay the 39k in contention.

While in Doha, Qatar, I filed a petition to Qatar airways. As I arrived Nigeria, I wrote another petition to FGN through Federal Ministry of Health. I am happy to be informed such payment has stopped.

� on a lighter note, they served me chilled Cans of #budweiser_beer on board to calm my nerves.

� Fighting corruption and effecting a positive change come with SACRIFICES. We must keep talking until things are done right.
Re: Ever Missed Your Flight Before? How Did It Happen? See My Own Experience: by okoriejeremiah(m): 9:09pm On Nov 11, 2021
okoriejeremiah:
First Time To Miss A Flight ✈️

My Personal Experience ��......

At Abu Dhabi Airport, UAE, #qatarairways claimed federal government of Nigeria ~ #nigeriagovernment forced them to ensure passengers traveling to Nigeria from UAE pay #39,000 (thirty-nine thousand naira) for post-arrival Covid-19 tests.

Being fully vaccinated in Abu Dhabi, with a valid Covid-19 vaccination certificate, and a negative PCR test results, I questioned the legality of such payment ~ which, to me, is an extortion.

As an activist, I needed to let them know what they were doing was a "sharp practice". The Qatar airways officials admitted such payment was not in line with their airline policies ~ but they had to play the scripts to sustain their business in Nigeria -- "blame your government, not us", the director said.

I spoke all the "good English" in my vocabulary. While the altercations lasted, I was unable to check-in. Knowing that I was right in my claims, they arranged for me to board next available flight ~ not without paying additional charges, though. Worst still, I had to pay the 39k in contention.

While in Doha, Qatar, I filed a petition to Qatar airways. As I arrived Nigeria, I wrote another petition to FGN through Federal Ministry of Health. I am happy to be informed such payment has stopped.

� on a lighter note, they served me chilled Cans of #budweiser_beer on board to calm my nerves.

� Fighting corruption and effecting a positive change come with SACRIFICES. We must keep talking until things are done right.
Re: Ever Missed Your Flight Before? How Did It Happen? See My Own Experience: by Afamsi: 9:30pm On Nov 11, 2021
Is it including those that missed their flight in the dream
Re: Ever Missed Your Flight Before? How Did It Happen? See My Own Experience: by Amotolongbo(f): 9:38pm On Nov 11, 2021
Ya

(1) (Reply)

UK Bans Travellers From Nigeria Over Omicron Concerns / Working In Canada; Workplace Harrasment Real Life Story (video) / Help : Student Visa Information

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.