Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,544 members, 7,816,324 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Maazi Ogbonna Okoro Comes Under Heavy Fire After Kogi Igbo Research And Exposé - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maazi Ogbonna Okoro Comes Under Heavy Fire After Kogi Igbo Research And Exposé (6325 Views)

Senate To Reinstate Ningi As Akpabio Comes Under Pressure / Drug Lord: Hundeyin's Exposé On Tinubu Gets Hausa, Audio, Video Versions / Breaking: See How Senator Adeleke Consoled Dino Melaye After Kogi Rerun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maazi Ogbonna Okoro Comes Under Heavy Fire After Kogi Igbo Research And Exposé by SlayerForever: 12:54pm On Nov 12, 2021
Please ndị b'anyi as I had guessed correctly the enemies are now coming for our dear brother Ogbonna Okoro for exposing the existence of the Igbo communities of Kogi state which span over 3 LGAs of Ofu, Igalamela-Odolu and Ibaji. We should as a matter of urgency rally round our brother at this time.

Quickly head to his Facebook wall https://www.facebook.com/kamma.uwamgbede and follow everything happening. Onye ọ bụla mụrụanya.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maazi Ogbonna Okoro Comes Under Heavy Fire After Kogi Igbo Research And Exposé by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 12, 2021
The numbers of Igbos in Kogi state is as inconsequential as the number of Igalas in Anambra state

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Maazi Ogbonna Okoro Comes Under Heavy Fire After Kogi Igbo Research And Exposé by Igboid: 1:26pm On Nov 12, 2021
They wouldn't do anything, they can only bark.

This is my issue with Ndiigbo. We are too soft.
The few Igala people in Anambra, we respect them and accord them their independent status. We even have news in Igala in Anambra state radio station to carry them along, despite the fact that these lots came to our land via invasion by the Igala general known in history as General Ajida.
We forgave them and accepted their descendants.

But Igala people don't want the Igbos indigenous to Kogi East to be recognized as independent indigenous ethnicity in the state.
They want them to be forcefully tagged as Igala.
Igala is a minority and not up to 1/20th of Igbo population, but they are this expansionist in nature.
Imagine if they had Igbo numbers and we had theirs?

We are not doing well, I swear.

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Maazi Ogbonna Okoro Comes Under Heavy Fire After Kogi Igbo Research And Exposé by SlayerForever: 1:49pm On Nov 12, 2021
Igboid:

The few Igala people in Anambra, we respect them and accord them their independent status. We even have news in Igala in Anambra state radio station to carry them along, despite the fact that these lots came to our land via invasion by the Igala general known in history as General Ajida.

But Igala people don't want the Igbos indigenous to Kogi East to be recognized as independent indigenous ethnicity in the state.
Igala is a minority and not up to 1/20th of Igbo population, but they are this expansionist in nature.

We will meet them head-on don't worry.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Maazi Ogbonna Okoro Comes Under Heavy Fire After Kogi Igbo Research And Exposé by Danjikanbauchi: 3:15pm On Nov 12, 2021
God bless MNK, he was the first to bring the world to notice of Igbos in kogi, Benue and Edo state.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Maazi Ogbonna Okoro Comes Under Heavy Fire After Kogi Igbo Research And Exposé by Igboid: 3:25pm On Nov 12, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
God bless MNK, he was the first to bring the world to notice of Igbos in kogi, Benue and Edo state.

MNK didn't do any thing.
He was busy telling you that Igbo and Igala are one, because their women tie two pieces of cloth.
While MnK was busy claiming Igala are Biafrans, Igalas were busy working hard to snuff out any Igbo claim to indigenous existence in Kogi State.
Your MnK did nothing about it, because he was more interested in licking minorities ass to have them accept his misguided Multiethnic BIAFRA.

You people should leave MNK out of this.

We are talking about uniting Igbo speaking groups to form one indivisible Republic of Igboland, and this means we must battle hard with Igalas, Binis and Ijaws, all of who have laid claim to parts of Igbo speaking realm at the periphery of Igbo hinterland with ambitious intents of de-Igbonizing the people, turning them against us in SE and claiming them and their lands for themselves

Our mission is not same with those of your MNK who was more interested in pampering these expansionist minorities while they appropriate parts of Igbo speaking groups for themselves.
Our war is both psychological and tactical.

Don't get things twisted.
MNK efforts are not to be ignored, but he wasn't without faults, and what we are treating in this thread is his major fault, he left key issues and was chasing shadows.

Charity must begin at home.
Republic of Igboland must be first and foremost well established and all Invaders nullified before we can speak of reaching out to friendly minorities for alliance.

A man whose house is on fire cannot be chasing rats.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maazi Ogbonna Okoro Comes Under Heavy Fire After Kogi Igbo Research And Exposé by Danjikanbauchi: 3:30pm On Nov 12, 2021
Igboid:

MNK didn't do any thing.
He was busy telling you that Igbo and Igala are one, because their women tie two pieces of cloth.
While MnK was busy claiming Igala are Biafrans, Igalas were busy working hard to snuff out any Igbo claim to indigenous existence in Kogi State.
Your MnK did nothing about it, because he was more interested in licking minorities ass to have them accept his misguided Multiethnic BIAFRA.

You people should leave MNK out of this.

We are talking about uniting Igbo speaking groups to form one indivisible Republic of Igboland, and this means we must battle hard with Igalas, Binis and Ijaws, all of who have laid claim to parts of Igbo speaking realm at the periphery of Igbo hinterland with ambitious intents of de-Igbonizing the people, turning them against us in SE and claiming them and their lands for themselves

Our mission is not same with those of your MNK who was more interested in pampering these expansionist minorities while their appropriate parts of Igbo speaking groups for themselves.
Our war is both psychological and tactical.

Don't get things twisted.
MNK efforts are not to be ignored, but he wasn't without faults, and what we are treating in this thread is his major fault, he left key issues and was chasing shadows.

Charity must begin at home.
Republic of Igboland must be first and foremost well established and all Invaders nullified before we can speak of reaching out to friendly minorities for alliance.

A man whose house is on fire cannot be chasing rats.
is that why you ar crying lipsrsealed embarassed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maazi Ogbonna Okoro Comes Under Heavy Fire After Kogi Igbo Research And Exposé by Igboid: 3:33pm On Nov 12, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
is that why you ar crying lipsrsealed embarassed

You IPOB are part of the problem.
You complicate issues with your brainless multi ethnic BIAFRA postulations.

It must be stated.
The Truth pill is bitter, but is very necessary for healing.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maazi Ogbonna Okoro Comes Under Heavy Fire After Kogi Igbo Research And Exposé by Danjikanbauchi: 3:38pm On Nov 12, 2021
Igboid:

You IPOB are part of the problem.
You complicate issues with your brainless multi ethnic BIAFRA postulations.

It must be stated.
The Truth pill is bitter, but is very necessary for healing.
see me see wahala oooo, oya sorry stop crying, clean your tires,

Just retyped this your message without crying I guarantee you of this evening tuwon shinkafa da Miyan taushe, with a good kilishi.

3 Likes

Re: Maazi Ogbonna Okoro Comes Under Heavy Fire After Kogi Igbo Research And Exposé by Danjikanbauchi: 3:46pm On Nov 12, 2021
No forget to say God bless MNK.

3 Likes

Re: Maazi Ogbonna Okoro Comes Under Heavy Fire After Kogi Igbo Research And Exposé by SlayerForever: 4:20pm On Nov 12, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:

No forget to say God bless MNK.

God bless MNK grin

5 Likes

Re: Maazi Ogbonna Okoro Comes Under Heavy Fire After Kogi Igbo Research And Exposé by BKayy: 4:42pm On Nov 12, 2021
Igboid:

First of all, there is nobody known as General Ajida. The few Igala people that came into Omambala areas came as farmers not warriors. The same can be said about Nsukka. They came and many never left.
Our ancestors accommodated those that stayed because of some stupid reasons known to them.

In modern age, the Igala people in their Igala land made up those stories to make themselves look though but in reality there was no invasion whatsoever into Igboland. That aside, what Ndigbo need to think of is the future instead of fooling themselves of one stupid peaceful nature status.

Technically, there is no single Igala land in Anambra. What we have is few Igala cluster in the farmlands of few communities in Northern most part of Anambra bordering Kogi. They have no village belonging to them. All they rely is to drag igbo aborigines of those communities into their tales who are trapped into it because they want to be seen as the mighty invaders that took a land instead of a meek powerless aborigines.
Most of those that say their ancestor is Igala in those communities are actually Igbo that want to partake in the fake brave stories.

I think the old age of being reasonable have passed. Modern Ndigbo need to think ahead. "Biri ka m biri" is Simply weakness. It is either you are taking or someone is taking from you.

I appreciate people like Ogbonnaya that are making the move to correct many things. It takes alot.
Having said that, we need to reconsider the stance of the Ọhaneze ndị whatever they call themselves on Igbo affairs. It is either they change their name or step aside for a more serious organisation that understands the game to take over. I don't know for some but Ọhaneze Ndigbo does not represent anything Igbo.

If one may ask, can anybody point out one thing Ọhaneze Ndigbo have achieved that will maintain the integrity of Igboland or ensure the future of the Igbo nation is safe since its inception?
Your guess is as good as mine. Absolutely Nothing

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maazi Ogbonna Okoro Comes Under Heavy Fire After Kogi Igbo Research And Exposé by Igboid: 4:50pm On Nov 12, 2021
BKayy:

First of all, there is nobody known as General Ajida. The few Igala people that came into Omambala areas came as farmers not warriors. The same can be said about Nsukka. They came and many never left.
Our ancestors accommodated those that stayed because of some stupid reasons known to them.

In modern age, the Igala people in their Igala land made up those stories to make themselves look though but in reality there was no invasion whatsoever into Igboland. That aside, what Ndigbo need to think of is the future instead of fooling themselves of one stupid peaceful nature status.

Technically, there is no single Igala land in Anambra. What we have is few Igala cluster in the farmlands of few communities in Northern most part of Anambra bordering Kogi. They have no village belonging to them. All they rely is to drag igbo aborigines of those communities into their tales who are trapped into it because they want to be seen as the mighty invaders that took a land instead of a meek powerless aborigines.
Most of those that say their ancestor is Igala in those communities are actually Igbo that want to partake in the fake brave stories.

I think the old age of being reasonable have passed. Modern Ndigbo need to think ahead. "Biri ka m biri" is Simply weakness. It is either you are taking or someone is taking from you.

I appreciate people like Ogbonnaya that is making the move to correct many things. It takes alot.
Having said that, we need to reconsider the stance of the Ọhaneze ndị whatever they call themselves on Igbo affairs. It is either they change their name or step aside for a more serious organisation that understands the game to take over. I don't know for some but Ọhaneze Ndigbo does not represent anything Igbo.

If one may ask, can anybody point out one thing Ọhaneze Ndigbo have achieved that will maintain the integrity of Igboland or ensure the future of the Igbo nation is safe since its inception?
Your guess is as good as mine. Absolutely Nothing

Well Nzam history spoke of a militant General Ajida who invaded the Igbo community of Nzam from Idah causing the Igbo villages to scatter
However they later regrouped and conquered the Igala Invaders.
Those who refused to surrender were killed and those who surrendered were assimilated as Indigenes of Nzam till today.

I wouldn't know how true the story is, but the current King of Nzam is from the blood line of those who retook the town from Igala and this was their official story.

It could be false or true, but it's plausible and rational.

Yes I understand many Igala refugees trooped into Northern Igboland following their wars with Jukuns and Binis and were accommodated by indigenous Igbos those places.

7 Likes

Re: Maazi Ogbonna Okoro Comes Under Heavy Fire After Kogi Igbo Research And Exposé by SlayerForever: 4:54pm On Nov 12, 2021
I'm not too bothered about the Igala in Anambra because they are too tiny, they are being assimilated gradually and they have been generally law abiding most of the time.

2 Likes

Re: Maazi Ogbonna Okoro Comes Under Heavy Fire After Kogi Igbo Research And Exposé by BKayy: 4:55pm On Nov 12, 2021
Igboid:

Well Nzam history spoke of a militant General Ajida who invaded the Igbo community of Nzam from Idah causing the Igbo villages to scatter
However they later regrouped and conquered the Igala Invaders.
Those who refused to surrender were killed and those who surrendered were assimilated as Indigenes of Nzam till today.

I wouldn't know how true the story is, but the current King of Nzam is from the blood line of those who retook the town from Igala and this was their official story.

It could be false or true, but it's plausible and rational.

Yes I understand many Igala refugees trooped into Northern Igboland following their wars with Jukuns and Binis and were accommodated by indigenous Igbos those places.
And today they are claiming the same Nzam.
Honestly I've told people here before and will do it again. There is no single Igala village or community in Anambra.
None.
The whole land in Anambra belongs to Ndigbo.

We kept on entertaining lies and with time, they started passing as truth.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maazi Ogbonna Okoro Comes Under Heavy Fire After Kogi Igbo Research And Exposé by Igboid: 5:06pm On Nov 12, 2021
BKayy:

And today they are claiming the same Nzam.
Honestly I've told people here before and will do it again. There is no single Igala village or community in Anambra.
None.
The whole land in Anambra belongs to Ndigbo.

We kept on entertaining lies and with time, they started passing as truth.

Yes!
Igalas in Anambra came in as either weaponized Invaders ie Igala militants who lost wars to Jukun Invaders and Binis, but trooped down to Northern Igboland with their superior weaponry, taking Igbo communities at that border by surprise.
The Igalas were not stronger, they were just more battle ready and took these Igbo communities by surprise.

Ask the Northern Igbos. Their folklores speak of such Igala invasions.
There was the one of Onoli Oboli and the one of General Ajida.
These were the major Igala Warlords that disturbed Igbo communities in this part of Igboland causing massive migration downsouth for those who got tired of the constant wars and battles.

Notice how sparsely populated those parts of Igboland (Northern Anambra and Northern Enugu) is.
It isn't by coincidence. War cost lives.

From my rational deduction, I deduce that not all those Igbo communities were able to successfully stage a comeback like the Aboriginal Igbos of Nzam did.
I think many of them had to accept the Igalas as their superiors who in time ended up making the history of these places to be history of Igala Invaders and not history of Aboriginal Igbos who had to deal with Igala aggression.

12 Likes

Re: Maazi Ogbonna Okoro Comes Under Heavy Fire After Kogi Igbo Research And Exposé by BKayy: 5:10pm On Nov 12, 2021
Igboid:

Yes!
Igalas in Anambra came in as either weaponized Invaders ie Igala militants who lost wars to Jukun Invaders and Binis, but trooped down to Northern Igboland with their superior weaponry, taking Igbo communities at that border by surprise.
The Igalas were not stronger, they were just more battle ready and took these Igbo communities by surprise.

Ask the Northern Igbos. Their folklores speak of such Igala invasions.
There was the one of Onoli Oboli and the one of General Ajida.
These were the major Igala Warlords that disturbed Igbo communities in this part of Igboland causing massive migration downsouth for those who got tired of the constant wars and battles.

Notice how sparsely populated those parts of Igboland (Northern Anambra and Northern Enugu) is.
It isn't by coincidence. War cost lives.

From my rational deduction, I deduce that not all those Igbo communities were able to successfully stage a comeback like the Aboriginal Igbos of Nzam did.
I think many of them had to accept the Igalas as their superiors who in time ended making the history of these places to be history of Igala Invaders and not history of Aboriginal Igbos who had to deal with Igala aggression.
Those things are lies that started passing as truth.
No Igala invasion into Northern Igboland. They came as farmers. I have one as neighbour. If there was a war of skirmish of such, I would have known. Stories would have gone round Igboland.

And there was never a time Igala had more weaponry than Northern Igboland that are living close to Awka (the home of the blacksmiths). All those things are made up stories.

Do you know the origin of the insult "onuku?" the full is "onuku Igala" do you?

10 Likes

Re: Maazi Ogbonna Okoro Comes Under Heavy Fire After Kogi Igbo Research And Exposé by Igboid: 5:15pm On Nov 12, 2021
BKayy:

Those things are lies that started passing as truth.
No Igala invasion into Northern Igboland. They came as farmers. I have one as neighbour. If there was a war of skirmish of such, I would have known. Stories would have gone round Igboland.

And there was never a time Igala had more weaponry than Northern Igboland that are living close to Awka (the home of the blacksmiths) all those are made up stories.

Do you know the origin of the insult "onuku?" the full is "onuku Igala" do you?

Yes!
The Igbos considered them as being mentally inferior, which is wrong.
Hence "Onuku/Oluku Igala" came to mean in Igbo parlance, a derogatory term for a stupid someone.

I understand where you are coming from.
And this term was coined by Agulueri and other Northern Igbos.

If they considered Igalas of lower mental capacity to them, where then is all these Oboli Onoli and General Ajida stories coming from?

Somethings are not adding up.
We need to spend big on archeology in Igboland.
Too bad we are trapped in a retrogressive country and are hence still in survival stage of existence.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maazi Ogbonna Okoro Comes Under Heavy Fire After Kogi Igbo Research And Exposé by BKayy: 5:21pm On Nov 12, 2021
Igboid:

Yes!
The Igbos considered them as being mentally inferior, which is wrong.
Hence "Onuku/Oluku Igala" came to mean in Igbo parlance, a derogatory term for a stupid someone.

I understand where you are coming from.
And this term was coined by Agulueri and other Northern Igbos.

If they considered Igalas of lower mental capacity to them, where then is all these Oboli Onoli and General Ajida stories coming from?

Somethings are not adding up.
We need to spend big on archeology in Igboland.
Too bad we are trapped in a retrogressive country and are hence still in survival stage of existence.
You have the idea. Infact you are close but let me give you the full gist.
"onuku" came about as the way the Igala migrants, who are farmers at that time were calling themselves while romancing.
It is a corruption of the word "Oleku" which means "my love" in Igala language.

Like the old men explained to me. Such stupid way of expressing love or behaviour where the man will be behaving like someone lacking basic reasoning and be calling the other Oleku was totally strange to Ndigbo so they use the word to describe stupidity or someone with low reasoning.

Ndigbo never considered Igala as equal, even today. So all those spartan invasion stories are lies. Total fallacy. They never happened.

14 Likes

Re: Maazi Ogbonna Okoro Comes Under Heavy Fire After Kogi Igbo Research And Exposé by DOTian: 5:31pm On Nov 12, 2021
When you chicken out from every confrontation and accept fake boundaries as were issued by foreigners, these sort of things happen.... It's not rocket science..

The igbos have all it takes to force tranquility around her borders. But the problem is with some crazy igbos, who in their very small minded thinking, believe that the best thing for the Igbo to do, is to run deeper inside. That is not how you build a state. States are not built by some naive bunch of pacifist characters. You have to be expansionist in your thinking.. Push your luck as far as you can... Lagos is Yoruba today basically because of this. They speak Hausa in Jos today because of this. Nigeria speaks English today because of this. But you ethnic purists from igboland don't get it! You will never get it! States are built through force and consensus! The bigger power forces the smaller powers to mellow down violently or peacefully. The choice is theirs...

But because you guys want a village country of Babangidas 5 states or so, we now have to contend with very irritating bunch of smaller tribes heckling at us at every juncture as they go for the jugular. They know what to say to turn you off, so they always say that. You have an opportunity to get these smaller units to your side, but because you're small minded, you think in the now and not of tomorrow, you worry about the hecklings... They should be the ones begging us not to subdue and subsume them. That's the way it works. The smaller begs the bigger.. Close your ears to their protestations and follow through with your objectives. Is that not what Buhari is doing for the Fulani today? Always understand this: In the muddled base politics of backward nations, the most ruthless wins. Not the most egalitarian or the most pacifist... Support pro Biafran characters within these neighboring minorities and use them to fight Nigerias devide and rule ...

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maazi Ogbonna Okoro Comes Under Heavy Fire After Kogi Igbo Research And Exposé by SaintBishop: 5:44pm On Nov 12, 2021
What about the Igbos in Akwa ibom? grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maazi Ogbonna Okoro Comes Under Heavy Fire After Kogi Igbo Research And Exposé by Igboid: 5:46pm On Nov 12, 2021
BKayy:

You have the idea. Infact you are close but let me give you the full gist.
"onuku" came about as the way the Igala migrants, who are farmers at that time were calling themselves while romancing.
It is a corruption of the word "Oleku" which means "my love" in Igala language.

Like the old men explained to me. Such stupid way of expressing love or behaviour where the man will be behaving like someone lacking basic reasoning and be calling the other Oleku was totally strange to Ndigbo so they use the word to describe stupidity or someone with low reasoning.

Ndigbo never considered Igala as equal, even today. So all those spartan invasion stories are lies. Total fallacy. They never happened.

Interesting.
I just remembered the song "Oleku" by Ice prince.
Lol!
Thanks for the history lesson on evolution of Oluku/Onuku from Oleku.
Funny thing is that it is used as far as Abia and Imo state. Being parts of Igboland who had no interactions with Igala, yet Oluku/Onuku is used to refere to someone behaving in a stupid manner.
Very interesting.
More interesting is that in Anambra dialects where there is a replacement of L for N in words, as seen in Ana for Ala, Enu for Elu, the L in Oleku quickly changed to Onuku, while the Igbos in southern part who use L for N, despite having no contact with Igalas, ended up rechanging the Onuku they heard from Ndi ANAMBRA to Oluku, and by so doing ended up with a word closer to the original Oleku word than the Anambra people closer to Igala.

Language evolution is very interesting.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maazi Ogbonna Okoro Comes Under Heavy Fire After Kogi Igbo Research And Exposé by Igboid: 5:51pm On Nov 12, 2021
DOTian:
When you chicken out from every confrontation and accept fake boundaries as were issued by foreigners, these sort of things happen.... It's not rocket science..

The igbos have all it takes to force tranquility around her borders. But the problem is with some crazy igbos, who in their very small minded thinking, believe that the best thing for the Igbo to do, is to run deeper inside. That is not how you build a state. States are not built by some naive bunch of pacifist characters. You have to be expansionist in your thinking.. Push your luck as far as you can... Lagos is Yoruba today basically because of this. They speak Hausa in Jos today because of this. Nigeria speaks English today because of this. But you ethnic purists from igboland don't get it! You will never get it! States are built through force and consensus! The bigger power forces the smaller powers to mellow down violently or peacefully. The choice is theirs...

But because you guys want a village country of Babangidas 5 states or so, we now have to contend with very irritating bunch of smaller tribes heckling at us at every juncture as they go for the jugular. They know what to say to turn you off, so they always say that. You have an opportunity to get these smaller units to your side, but because you're small minded, you think in the now and not of tomorrow, you worry about the hecklings... They should be the ones begging us not to subdue and subsume them. That's the way it works. The smaller begs the bigger.. Close your ears to their protestations and follow through with your objectives. Is that not what Buhari is doing for the Fulani today? Always understand this: In the muddled base politics of backward nations, the most ruthless wins. Not the most egalitarian or the most pacifist... Support pro Biafran characters within these neighboring minorities and use themto fight Nigerias devide and rule ...

What is your point nwokem? I hope you are not an IPOB member with your funny Multiethnic BIAFRA agenda with expansionist minorities surrounding us?

7 Likes

Re: Maazi Ogbonna Okoro Comes Under Heavy Fire After Kogi Igbo Research And Exposé by BKayy: 5:52pm On Nov 12, 2021
Igboid:

Interesting.
Lol!
Funny thing is that it is used as far as Abia and Imo state. Being parts of Igboland who had no interactions with Igala, yet Oluku/Onuku is used to refere to someone behaving in a stupid manner.
Very interesting.
You are welcome.

The oleku in brymo's track is Yoruba that means different thing entirely.

Now on the bolded, if Ndigbo in far away Abia and Imo can hear the Oluku/onuku that started in Northern Igboland, they could have heard about the series of mysterious invasions that contemporary Igala half baked historians are trying to make us believe.

All those things are lies. Like I said, if there was an invasion, I, you and other Igbo people would have known. The same goes to Bini that are also making theirs up where as in reality their influence stopped at Agbor.

7 Likes

Re: Maazi Ogbonna Okoro Comes Under Heavy Fire After Kogi Igbo Research And Exposé by SlayerForever: 5:53pm On Nov 12, 2021
Igboid:

Interesting.
Lol!
Very interesting.
More interesting is that in Anambra dialects where there is a replacement of L for N in words, as seen in Ana for Ala, Enu for Elu, the L in Oleku quickly changed to Onuku, while the Igbos in southern part who use L for N, despite having no contact with Igalas, ended up rechanging the Onuku they heard from Ndi ANAMBRA to Oluku, and by so doing ended up with a word closer to the original Oleku word than the Anambra people closer to Igala.

Language evolution is very interesting.

Esentially the word went in a circle
Re: Maazi Ogbonna Okoro Comes Under Heavy Fire After Kogi Igbo Research And Exposé by SlayerForever: 5:54pm On Nov 12, 2021
SaintBishop:
What about the Igbos in Akwa ibom? grin grin

Ohaobu Ndoki. We are well aware of their presence. You can close your teeth now cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maazi Ogbonna Okoro Comes Under Heavy Fire After Kogi Igbo Research And Exposé by Igboid: 5:55pm On Nov 12, 2021
SlayerForever:

Esentially the word went in a circle

Like eh.
grin
Re: Maazi Ogbonna Okoro Comes Under Heavy Fire After Kogi Igbo Research And Exposé by Igboid: 6:01pm On Nov 12, 2021
BKayy:

You are welcome.

The oleku in brymo's track is Yoruba that means different thing entirely.

Now on the bolded, if Ndigbo in far away Abia and Imo can hear the Oluku/onuku that started in Northern Igboland, they could have heard about the series of mysterious invasions that contemporary Igala half baked historians are trying to make us believe.

All those things are lies. Like I said, if there was an invasion, I, you and other Igbo people would have known. The same goes to Bini that are also making theirs up where as in reality their influence stopped at Agbor.

Okay.
We need to do more to reteach our people there.
I don't understand this strong affinity by Igbos to claim exotic origin stories from kingdoms outside Igboland.
If it's not Igala, it's Bini, or it's far away Israel.

Someone needs to conduct a study on this mass induced self hate and need to get attached to perceived places of power (Monarchical societies in case of Bini and Igala) and modern power in terms of Israel.

It's very disturbing.
Imagine even Zik himself was inflicted with this same mental illness.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maazi Ogbonna Okoro Comes Under Heavy Fire After Kogi Igbo Research And Exposé by BKayy: 6:08pm On Nov 12, 2021
Igboid:

Okay.
We need to do more to reteach our people there.
I don't understand this strong affinity by Igbos to claim exotic origin stories from kingdoms outside Igboland.
If it's not Igala, it's Bini, or it's far away Israel.

Someone needs to conduct a study on this mass induced self hate and need to get attached to perceived places of power (Monarchical societies in case of Bini and Igala) and modern power in terms of Israel.

It's very disturbing.
Imagine even Zik himself was inflicted with this same mental illness.
It is because they don't have stories to rely on so they sought something outside to fill the vacuum.

Zik was the one that started Onitsha-Bini story and now people are adding meaning to it. Prior to Azikiwe, Bini have no reason to say their influence passed Agbor.

Half Baked Igbo historians like the one from Ohafia (I've forgotten his name) started the Ohafia, Abiriba,Ngwá and ohuhu Bini migration story.

When people wanted to rely on Nri to displace the foreign stories, one man from Aguleri changed the narrative of Nri from Agukwu Nri to suit himself and his place Aguleri and said that he is the first son of Eri and championed the Israel/Jewish story that is driving our ignorant brothers insane today.

Some even believe that Aguleri is that Important in Nri civilization forgetting that AGUKWU NRI still exists today. Some waste their pilgrimages that is supposed to be at Agukwu Nri to Aguleri.
Well, I blame it on the first Igbo historians that collected bribe from some warrant chiefs to push a clan narrative over the truth.

5 Likes

Re: Maazi Ogbonna Okoro Comes Under Heavy Fire After Kogi Igbo Research And Exposé by ChangedMan1999(m): 6:17pm On Nov 12, 2021
So what are going to do now.

Will all this knowledge end here in Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Maazi Ogbonna Okoro Comes Under Heavy Fire After Kogi Igbo Research And Exposé by SaintBishop: 6:33pm On Nov 12, 2021
SlayerForever:

Ohaobu Ndoki. We are well aware of their presence. You can close your teeth now cheesy
Why are you not claiming them on Nairaland? undecided

1 Like

Re: Maazi Ogbonna Okoro Comes Under Heavy Fire After Kogi Igbo Research And Exposé by SlayerForever: 6:36pm On Nov 12, 2021
SaintBishop:
Why are you not claiming them on Nairaland? undecided

We are on it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Terrorism: IG Puts Two Senators, Ex-gov Under Watch / Africa’s Fastest Train!!!! (pics) / 2018 Budget: Works Ministry To Spend N341bn On Projects – Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.