Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,359 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

Tordue Salem: Omo-Agege Tells Security Agencies To Unmask The Real Killers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tordue Salem: Omo-Agege Tells Security Agencies To Unmask The Real Killers (19557 Views)

Tordue Salem: Man Confesses To Killing Vanguard Reporter In Hit-and-run Incident / Expand Your Scope Of Influence, Omo-agege Tells Delta APC Members / Mace Theft: I Won’t Answer Your Questions, Omo-agege Tells Investigative Panel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tordue Salem: Omo-Agege Tells Security Agencies To Unmask The Real Killers by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 12, 2021
The Deputy President of the Senate, Senator Ovie Omo-Agege, has asked the Nigerian Police and other security agencies to unravel the mysterious circumstances leading to the killing of Vanguard Newspaper reporter, Tordue Henry Salem.

Tordue, who was last seen on October 13, 2021, was reportedly found dead in Abuja in the late hours of Thursday, November 11, 2021 after allegedly being knocked down by a hit-and-run driver.

Before the unfortunate incident, he was a reporter with Vanguard Newspaper covering the House of Representatives.

Reacting to the development, Senator Omo-Agege expressed regret over the unfortunate incident and emphasised the need for conclusive investigations that will unmask all those involved in Tordue’s death.

A statement issued by the media adviser to the Deputy Senate President, Yomi Odunuga, on Friday, quoted Omo-Agege as saying that the parade of Itoro Clement – a commercial driver who allegedly knocked down and killed the journalist – has raised further questions on the circumstances leading to the journalist’s demise.

The Delta Central lawmaker noted that providing the missing puzzle was the only way to bring closure on the matter, adding that anything short of this would add to the list of unresolved murders of journalists carrying out their constitutional duties.

“The news of the killing of Mr. Tordue Henry Salem came to me as a rude shock, especially as it came barely 48-hours after the Senate and House of Representatives passed separate resolutions tasking security agencies to intensify efforts to find him and reunite him with his family.

“I am particularly worried that this is happening at the heart of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). Reports abound of kidnappings and other security breaches in the nation’s capital.

“While we await further briefing from the police on who deposited Tordue’s corpse in the morgue and when it was deposited, the sad development has added to the list of unresolved killings of journalists like Dele Giwa, founding Editor-in-Chief of Newswatch magazine; Godwin Agbroko of ThisDay; Bagauda Kaltho of (The News); Bayo Ohu (The Guardian); Edo Sule Ugbagwu (The Nation) and Abayomi Ogundeji (ThisDay), who were all murdered in the course of discharging their constitutional duties.

“I extend my condolences to the family, friends and associates of the deceased, the government and people of Benue State, the Vanguard family, House of Representatives Press Corps, Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) and pray God to give them the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss,” Omo-Agege stated.

LEADERSHIP

4 Likes

Re: Tordue Salem: Omo-Agege Tells Security Agencies To Unmask The Real Killers by PlayMaker14: 4:01pm On Nov 12, 2021
One useless driver came out to say that he was the one who hit the Vanguard Newspaper Reporter thinking the late Tordue Henry Salem was an armed robber.....

I know someone paid the fool to bear false witness....

God is alive and He will expose the true killers of Tordue Henry Salem.

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tordue Salem: Omo-Agege Tells Security Agencies To Unmask The Real Killers by Tomahawk99(m): 4:08pm On Nov 12, 2021
Rest in peace Tordue. May your killers never know peace.
The police is already trying to cover up with the presentation of the alleged hit and run driver who accordingly to them killed him.
Question is someone is killed in a hit and run and the corpse deposited at the hospital morgue yet it took over 3 weeks for the alleged driver and Wuse hospital to come out even though the story has been in the public and the IG, NUJ and the National assembly leadership even issued public declarations on this case.
Someone is trying to hide the real story of what really happened to Tordue.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tordue Salem: Omo-Agege Tells Security Agencies To Unmask The Real Killers by Moferere: 4:10pm On Nov 12, 2021
The driver that has been found or Ọmọ Agege is talking about another one

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tordue Salem: Omo-Agege Tells Security Agencies To Unmask The Real Killers by Gotmeplaii(m): 4:10pm On Nov 12, 2021
We can't just let this slide

2 Likes

Re: Tordue Salem: Omo-Agege Tells Security Agencies To Unmask The Real Killers by babaRUNtinz(m): 4:11pm On Nov 12, 2021
Omo- Iyanapaja nko?

2 Likes

Re: Tordue Salem: Omo-Agege Tells Security Agencies To Unmask The Real Killers by WibusJaga: 4:12pm On Nov 12, 2021

That parading of a hit-&-run driver as the killer of the journalist was obviously a sham.
How can such an important person be a victim of hit&run driver and yet remain missing for almost a month. Abeg make dem tell us another story.
Someone somewhere is desperately trying to cover up something.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tordue Salem: Omo-Agege Tells Security Agencies To Unmask The Real Killers by tutudesz: 4:12pm On Nov 12, 2021
You knocked someone down and you thought he was a robber undecided
Mr Driver how did you come to the conclusion that it's was Mr Salem you knocked down

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tordue Salem: Omo-Agege Tells Security Agencies To Unmask The Real Killers by FarahAideed: 4:12pm On Nov 12, 2021
The current police story is not adding up

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tordue Salem: Omo-Agege Tells Security Agencies To Unmask The Real Killers by Numerouno94(m): 4:12pm On Nov 12, 2021
Even Omo-Agege is not buying the cock nd bull story.

28 Likes

Re: Tordue Salem: Omo-Agege Tells Security Agencies To Unmask The Real Killers by Racoon(m): 4:13pm On Nov 12, 2021
Forget all the abracadabra the alleged hit-and-road cab driver was performing as the real killers of the Vanguard reporter are still lurking around.

10 Likes

Re: Tordue Salem: Omo-Agege Tells Security Agencies To Unmask The Real Killers by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 12, 2021
PlayMaker14:
One useless driver came out to say that he was the one who hit the Vanguard Newspaper Reporter thinking the late Tordue Henry Salem was an armed robber.....

My thoughts too..

4 Likes

Re: Tordue Salem: Omo-Agege Tells Security Agencies To Unmask The Real Killers by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 12, 2021
1wefaf0:

Hey Fellow Nairalander's;
Whats-app Me On;
0 9 1 3 2 2 4 8 4 5 5

IF YOU PLAY FOOTBALL BETTING,
Let's Win Together With Single TWO-ODD# KICKOFF TONIGHT!!!

Pls why do you keep spamming and derailing this place with your "business idea"
This is quite wrong man..i think there are other sections for this..

11 Likes

Re: Tordue Salem: Omo-Agege Tells Security Agencies To Unmask The Real Killers by inoki247: 4:16pm On Nov 12, 2021
ok
Re: Tordue Salem: Omo-Agege Tells Security Agencies To Unmask The Real Killers by tragergeorge(m): 4:17pm On Nov 12, 2021
This country Sha. .
Imagine we complaining on the beneficiaries of the transport allowance like that's the problem..
Shey na only transportation we de use fuel for...
Wahala de come o
Re: Tordue Salem: Omo-Agege Tells Security Agencies To Unmask The Real Killers by mamaafrik(m): 4:17pm On Nov 12, 2021
Moferere:
so the police tori sounds true to you.
People can be a mucuna head Sha

10 Likes

Re: Tordue Salem: Omo-Agege Tells Security Agencies To Unmask The Real Killers by tragergeorge(m): 4:19pm On Nov 12, 2021
Rydermaverick:

Pls why do you keep spamming and derailing this place with your "business idea"
This is quite wrong man..i think there are other sections for this..
If e believe the game make e go sell land take play am na...
No need finding who go pay for he games
Shuo

7 Likes

Re: Tordue Salem: Omo-Agege Tells Security Agencies To Unmask The Real Killers by lexy2014: 4:19pm On Nov 12, 2021
Tomahawk99:
Rest in peace Tordue. May your killers never know peace.
The police is already trying to cover up with the presentation of the alleged hit and run driver who accordingly to them killed him.
Question is someone is killed in a hit and run and the corpse deposited at the hospital morgue yet it took over 3 weeks for the alleged driver and Wuse hospital to come out even though the story has been in the public and the IG, NUJ and the National assembly leadership even issued public declarations on this case.
Someone is trying to hide the real story of what really happened to Tordue.

i dont think the corpse was deposited at the morgue. i havent read where the police said so. the corpse was "found". so it still leaves questions as to where the corpse was found and in what state was it found?

8 Likes

Re: Tordue Salem: Omo-Agege Tells Security Agencies To Unmask The Real Killers by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 12, 2021
tragergeorge:

If e believe the game make e go sell land take play am na...
No need finding who go pay for he games
Shuo
You gat a point man..it's quite sick..

1 Like

Re: Tordue Salem: Omo-Agege Tells Security Agencies To Unmask The Real Killers by oxygeng: 4:20pm On Nov 12, 2021
The confidence and audacity of the driver is very suspicious.

4 Likes

Re: Tordue Salem: Omo-Agege Tells Security Agencies To Unmask The Real Killers by RZArecta(m): 4:21pm On Nov 12, 2021
Even the mace gangster knows we don't believe that búllshît confession we witnessed cool

2 Likes

Re: Tordue Salem: Omo-Agege Tells Security Agencies To Unmask The Real Killers by ScamExpose: 4:22pm On Nov 12, 2021
PlayMaker14:

for inside your village you take know say them pay am to fabricate the story?
The way you reason sef

1 Like

Re: Tordue Salem: Omo-Agege Tells Security Agencies To Unmask The Real Killers by Cosmatikka: 4:22pm On Nov 12, 2021
He was a one Nigerianist. Yet Nigeria failed him.
Just 13days after showing how proud a Nigerian he is, he went missing.

Let hear wat Omenkalives and the vulture griller has to say to their unity beggar brother. Nigeria will happen to all.

Divide this corntree to save lives

9 Likes

Re: Tordue Salem: Omo-Agege Tells Security Agencies To Unmask The Real Killers by sojayy(m): 4:23pm On Nov 12, 2021
Conspiracy theory by the FG......God dey
Re: Tordue Salem: Omo-Agege Tells Security Agencies To Unmask The Real Killers by Tallesty1(m): 4:23pm On Nov 12, 2021
Moferere:
So you actually believed that a hit and run driver killed someone and his corpse disappeared for a week?

How was the driver caught?

5 Likes

Re: Tordue Salem: Omo-Agege Tells Security Agencies To Unmask The Real Killers by Sleekfingers: 4:23pm On Nov 12, 2021
fergie0o1:

LEADERSHIP

Someone killed that dude, and dump him on the road.......I am darn sure , that's what happened......the hit and run na some cooked up stories, to cover the truth.......

1 Like

Re: Tordue Salem: Omo-Agege Tells Security Agencies To Unmask The Real Killers by PlayMaker14: 4:24pm On Nov 12, 2021
ScamExpose:
for inside your village you take know say them pay am to fabricate the story?
The way you reason sef
My brother, most of us in this forum are not daft and unitelligent to believe everything they throw at us....

You maybe daft and unitelligent, it doesn't mean most of us are like you.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tordue Salem: Omo-Agege Tells Security Agencies To Unmask The Real Killers by Iamfavored: 4:26pm On Nov 12, 2021
So sad!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: President Buhari In Close Door Meeting With Buni (Photos) / Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 / Reveal The Real Reason Buhari Is Travelling To London – PDP Dares Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.