Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,814 members, 7,956,078 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:40 AM

Stop Loan Companies In Nigeria From Harassing And Messaging. Vote - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Loan Companies In Nigeria From Harassing And Messaging. Vote (1184 Views)

Commission Freezes Over 30 Accounts Of Illegal Loan Companies / Buhari Returns To Nigeria From UK (Photos) / Security Agents Harassing Oby Ezekwesili During Lone Protest In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Loan Companies In Nigeria From Harassing And Messaging. Vote by blazesam(m): 7:18pm On Nov 12, 2021
Stop Loan Companies in Nigeria from Harassing and Messaging Non-borrowers

Let vote for or against.. ijf they should be Harassing us...

Am against it
Re: Stop Loan Companies In Nigeria From Harassing And Messaging. Vote by helinues: 7:20pm On Nov 12, 2021
Debtors should also pay their debts.

Loan companies are meant for profit purpose

7 Likes

Re: Stop Loan Companies In Nigeria From Harassing And Messaging. Vote by MITCHELL96: 7:20pm On Nov 12, 2021
All Na business na! grin so why against someone else's business ? grin

1 Like

Re: Stop Loan Companies In Nigeria From Harassing And Messaging. Vote by Anyahuruagu: 7:40pm On Nov 12, 2021
The poster above me has sense.

I didn't like how Alabi guy fronted that bill.. So people should borrow and not repay and it ends like that.

Atleast when you remember that you will be embarrassed you will try all in your best to repay.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Loan Companies In Nigeria From Harassing And Messaging. Vote by Romanoff(f): 7:41pm On Nov 12, 2021
Association of awon oni gbese that take loans they can't pay or have the means to pay.

1 Like

Re: Stop Loan Companies In Nigeria From Harassing And Messaging. Vote by FreeStuffsNG: 7:55pm On Nov 12, 2021
helinues:
Debtors should also pay their debts.

Loan companies are meant for profit purpose
God bless you sir. The brazen way they want to cheat others and walk away free is appalling. CBN should wade in and get all the details of the debtors from the fintechs and help these poor fintechs recover the debts using the global standing instructions.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Loan Companies In Nigeria From Harassing And Messaging. Vote by Kilotat: 8:03pm On Nov 12, 2021
blazesam:
Stop Loan Companies in Nigeria from Harassing and Messaging Non-borrowers

Let vote for or against.. ijf they should be Harassing us...

Am against it
I Object.
Re: Stop Loan Companies In Nigeria From Harassing And Messaging. Vote by inoki247: 8:05pm On Nov 12, 2021
You people will cry tire you people didn't tell us to vote them to stop giving you people loan..

an app came to your rescue when you don't have money instead of you to play your part by returning the money you collected after agreeing to their terms nd conditions are doz Loan company NGO dat u guys keep crying up nd down...

For say na me b the CEO of doz Loan app I go dey ask for u People Kidney before I can even lend anybody ordinary 2k cos it seems you guys don see every Avenue as free money.....

You people want to turn Loan to Grant....

2 Likes

Re: Stop Loan Companies In Nigeria From Harassing And Messaging. Vote by JavaScript90: 8:06pm On Nov 12, 2021
pained op. learn how to payback what you borrowed. if you payback nobody will talk about embarrassing you

1 Like

Re: Stop Loan Companies In Nigeria From Harassing And Messaging. Vote by helinues: 8:35pm On Nov 12, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
God bless you sir. The brazen way they want to cheat others and walk away free is appalling. CBN should wade in and get all the details of the debtors from the fintechs and help these poor fintechs recover the debts using the global standing instructions.

CBN should start blacklisting the debtors

1 Like

Re: Stop Loan Companies In Nigeria From Harassing And Messaging. Vote by Allsouls: 8:41pm On Nov 12, 2021
To borrow & refuse to pay is evil but for the companies to start calling someone who is not part of the transactions to help them get their money is evil too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Loan Companies In Nigeria From Harassing And Messaging. Vote by samuel051: 3:11am On Nov 13, 2021
Shey all of una die d day someone complained about not owing them and they texted her contacts,una deadbody avoid the thread.

The day another person still complain of money debited from her account after paying off a debt long ago,una die that day too,but if person object to these loan people,una smelly deadbody go dey active like zombie sharperly.hypocratic morons..
Re: Stop Loan Companies In Nigeria From Harassing And Messaging. Vote by kayusely70(m): 3:30am On Nov 13, 2021
Allsouls:
To borrow & refuse to pay is evil but for the companies to start calling someone who is not part of the transactions to help them get their money is evil too.
You've spoken very well and reasonably too.
Re: Stop Loan Companies In Nigeria From Harassing And Messaging. Vote by streetsoldier1(m): 3:46am On Nov 13, 2021
JavaScript90:
pained op. learn how to payback what you borrowed. if you payback nobody will talk about embarrassing you

Is anyone talking about how these loan app charge ineterst? a brazen 54% in 7 days, how come no one is saying anything about that and other attrocities comitted by those apps? Why bother me if anyone in my contact list is owing you?
Its a two way thing, both sides should be considered and govt should look for ways the help the loan apps too but not in the uncivilized way they go about it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Loan Companies In Nigeria From Harassing And Messaging. Vote by blazesam(m): 5:14am On Nov 13, 2021
Now let get this clear.

When you need a debt and someone want to help you curtail some of ur pressing needs, that person appears to be your helper and not a killer.

I was in the courtroom the other day when Sokoloan appeared before them base on NITDA submissions to the court on harassment and over charges.

I now discovered how this fintecs steal rather from customers at higher rate of interest and at short range. Government issued them certificate with description of public borrowing at an interest rate of not more than 12% that is, if a person is to take a loan of 5000 in a week, 14days he/she is to pay back a sum of 5600, meaning 600 is the interest.

Most fintecs like carbon, fairmoney are complying to this government rules and have zero worries with customers and honestly I have not heard or little complains about customer's complaining about this two mentioned companies above.

This fintecs charge upto 30% and not in two weeks but 7days. Think about it, someone who is in need of 5k borrowed from you and u want him or her to return 8k in 7 days, where do you think he will get it from even if you should kill him?

After tarnishing that person's image that he is fraudulent,if you are the one, will you have the heart to be nice even?

1 Like

Re: Stop Loan Companies In Nigeria From Harassing And Messaging. Vote by Uwanah15(f): 7:43am On Nov 13, 2021
blazesam:
Now let get this clear.

When you need a debt and someone want to help you curtail some of ur pressing needs, that person appears to be your helper and not a killer.

I was in the courtroom the other day when Sokoloan appeared before them base on NITDA submissions to the court on harassment and over charges.

I now discovered how this fintecs steal rather from customers at higher rate of interest and at short range. Government issued them certificate with description of public borrowing at an interest rate of not more than 12% that is, if a person is to take a loan of 5000 in a week, 14days he/she is to pay back a sum of 5600, meaning 600 is the interest.

Most fintecs like carbon, fairmoney are complying to this government rules and have zero worries with customers and honestly I have not heard or little complains about customer's complaining about this two mentioned companies above.

This fintecs charge upto 30% and not in two weeks but 7days. Think about it, someone who is in need of 5k borrowed from you and u want him or her to return 8k in 7 days, where do you think he will get it from even if you should kill him?

After tarnishing that person's image that he is fraudulent,if you are the one, will you have the heart to be nice even?

Those loan apps are devilish end of discussion. I needed money to pay my fees and I downloaded one app the name is “borrownow". What they showed me was 24k but what was disbursed into my account was 14k to pay back 24k in 7 days. I sent an email to them that I don't want that kind of devilish loan, how will I pay 10k as interest on a 14k loan in seven days?

Thankfully, I was able to pay back 2 days before the due date because my mind was not even at rest at all. Only for me to get an alert of 20k on my phone a few minutes after I paid back and a message from them that my loan application was successful and my loan has been disbursed into my account.

I went to the app and I saw that I am owing them 33k, I started calling them, they did not answer, sent them emails, no reply. I just put the money aside and I did not touch it. A day before the loan got due, not even on the due date they started threatening me and I told them that I can send their money to them because I never asked for it and I did not touch it.

These people then sent messages to almost everyone on my contact list that I'm a criminal on the run with their money and I'm wanted, people should stay away from me and if I don't pay, those people they sent the messages to will be in trouble. I cried eh, even missed my exam in school because of the embarrassment. I had to go and pay back a stupid loan I did not ask for immediately.

Please just stay away from these online loans if you want peace of mind. If there is any way to bring them down, I'm in full support.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Loan Companies In Nigeria From Harassing And Messaging. Vote by Rictech: 7:50am On Nov 13, 2021
JavaScript90:
Re: Stop Loan Companies In Nigeria From Harassing And Messaging. Vote by Rictech: 8:14am On Nov 13, 2021
Uwanah15:

Those loan apps are devilish end of discussion. I needed money to pay my fees and I downloaded one app the name is “borrownow". What they showed me was 24k but what was disbursed into my account was 14k to pay back 24k in 7 days. I sent an email to them that I don't want that kind of devilish loan, how will I pay 10k as interest on a 14k loan in seven days?

Thankfully, I was able to pay back 2 days before the due date because my mind was not even at rest at all. Only for me to get an alert of 20k on my phone a few minutes after I paid back and a message from them that my loan application was successful and my loan has been disbursed into my account.

I went to the app and I saw that I am owing them 33k, I started calling them, they did not answer, sent them emails, no reply. I just put the money aside and I did not touch it. A day before the loan got due, not even on the due date they started threatening me and I told them that I can send their money to them because I never asked for it and I did not touch it.

These people then sent messages to almost everyone on my contact list that I'm a criminal on the run with their money and I'm wanted, people should stay away from me and if I don't pay, those people they sent the messages to will be in trouble. I cried eh, even missed my exam in school because of the embarrassment. I had to go and pay back a stupid loan I did not ask for immediately.

Please just stay away from these online loans if you want peace of mind. If there is any way to bring them down, I'm in full support.
That is a dubios model from them & it is quite shameful & pathetic. I really value my peace of mind, one of the reason i detest borrowing not even from close friends or family talk more of loan apps, no matter how e be, I go manage myself & readjust.
That's how they've been sending me message to damage the image of those borrowees that I am on their contact list

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Loan Companies In Nigeria From Harassing And Messaging. Vote by sammy329(m): 8:19am On Nov 13, 2021
undecided undecided undecided

Tell Nigerians too to pay on time. I know someone that borrowed from these companies for years and decided not to pay back.

How would they survive if majority of people are behaving like that?
Re: Stop Loan Companies In Nigeria From Harassing And Messaging. Vote by Mossadd: 8:40am On Nov 13, 2021
God know any day one useless loan company call me and start yabbing rubbish the way I go curse them them no go ever call me again even if they end the call I will stil call them back to summarise more curse on them and even message them join

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Beans For 2023 President Is Out (video) / Insurgency& War In Nigeria - All Regions Except SW Have Fought Against Nigeria / Retiring Tinubu is Buhari's greatest achievement!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.