Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,452 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Is The Covid Vaccination Card Required To At The Airport When Travelling? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is The Covid Vaccination Card Required To At The Airport When Travelling? (963 Views)

All Travellers Arriving Nigeria Must Provide Evidence Of COVID Vaccination / Where Do I Get Yellow Fever Vaccination Card For Traveling, In Lagos / Costly Mistakes To Avoid When Travelling Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Covid Vaccination Card Required To At The Airport When Travelling? by darsh(m): 10:08am On Nov 13, 2021
Good Morning.! Please I Just Need A Few Information About The Circumstances Surrounding Traveling Out Of The Country Relating To Covid.. Apparently I’m Aware That A Covid Test Result is required but what more bout the usual Covid vaccine card?
Re: Is The Covid Vaccination Card Required To At The Airport When Travelling? by Observer007(m): 10:49am On Nov 13, 2021
Not authoritative info, but just to ginger the correct response from those who know better. From my experience at the airport, I think the Covid-19 Vaccination Card helps but in addition a Covid test done within two weeks (I think?) of your departure would be admissible. The UK for instance would require you to apply online for a Covid test on arrival, as well as download and complete a form (Locator form).

These can be done by oneself or at the business centre at the airport. However, if you choose to get it sorted at the airport pre check-in, I'll advise to:
1/ Arrive at the airport three hours before your international flight to give yourself more than enough time to sort things out.
2/ Get like N50/60k ready to pay for the Covid clearance procedure and forms. This is so you won't have to use your debit card at the biz centre for such transaction.

But if you don't want to leave things until departure day, please read and follow the instructions on the website of the airline at least two weeks pre-departure.

Anyone with a more correct/updated info can correct me if I'm wrong. Here to learn as well.

1 Like

Re: Is The Covid Vaccination Card Required To At The Airport When Travelling? by darsh(m): 2:40pm On Nov 13, 2021
Observer007:
Not authoritative info, but just to ginger the correct response from those who know better. From my experience at the airport, I think the Covid-19 Vaccination Card helps but in addition a Covid test done within two weeks (I think?) of your departure would be admissible. The UK for instance would require you to apply online for a Covid test on arrival, as well as download and complete a form (Locator form).

These can be done by oneself or at the business centre at the airport. However, if you choose to get it sorted at the airport pre check-in, I'll advise to:
1/ Arrive at the airport three hours before your international flight to give yourself more than enough time to sort things out.
2/ Get like N50/60k ready to pay for the Covid clearance procedure and forms. This is so you won't have to use your debit card at the biz centre for such transaction.

But if you don't want to leave things until departure day, please read and follow the instructions on the website of the airline at least two weeks pre-departure.

Anyone with a more correct/updated info can correct me if I'm wrong. Here to learn as well.

Thanks Much. This really did help

1 Like

Re: Is The Covid Vaccination Card Required To At The Airport When Travelling? by Originalsly: 3:59pm On Nov 13, 2021
I think most countries require a negative COVID-19 test no more than 72 hours before flight. If it is more than 72 hours but less than 7 days then other rues apply. It is for you to find out what your destination country require and meet those requirements..... and also find out what your country requires and make sure you can meet those requirements. E.g ..... the US needs the negative COVID-19 test for entry. If your country requires vaccination... and you leave for the US with negative test only ... to return you will need to be vaccinated before you can board the plane to return... or may be required to pay for vaccination on return and in many cases... pay for your stay in an isolation facility. You really need to find out about current requirements at both ends.

1 Like

Re: Is The Covid Vaccination Card Required To At The Airport When Travelling? by dasparrow: 4:49pm On Nov 13, 2021
darsh:
Good Morning.! Please I Just Need A Few Information About The Circumstances Surrounding Traveling Out Of The Country Relating To Covid.. Apparently I’m Aware That A Covid Test Result is required but what more bout the usual Covid vaccine card?

It differs from country to country when it comes to the vaccine mandate. Like for instance, America is requiring that people show proof that they are fully vaccinated in addition to showing a negative Covid test result to be allowed entry into America. Most European countries however especially the schengen countries don't require that you show proof of being vaccinated. They require you take a Covid test 72 hours or so before departure and you have to take another covid test again once you get to your destination. So it varies.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please Any Naira Land In Turkey / Dance In Lagos / Any Janding Corper?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.