Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical (1329 Views)

It’s Very Illogical To Worship The Christian God. / Do You Think Materialism Is Illogical? / Noah's Ark Rebuilt & Opened For Public In Atlanta US With Its Exact Measurements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by helinues: 8:52am On Nov 14, 2021
I mean Lions, Tigers, Hyena, Crocodiles e.t.c all stay together in the ark without any confrontation.

How did Noah communicate with animals in Arab land to come and board his ark?

If all other race was destroyed because of the flood, how come we are still having different race?

1 Like

Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by AntiChristian: 8:58am On Nov 14, 2021
helinues:
I mean Lions, Tigers, Hyena, Crocodiles e.t.c all stay together in the ark without any confrontation.

If all other race was destroyed because of the flood, how come we are still having different race?

It's a miracle.

1 Like

Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by helinues: 9:02am On Nov 14, 2021
AntiChristian:

It's a miracle.

Miracle or fairy tale story?
Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by godisshit(m): 9:14am On Nov 14, 2021
I'm not surprised that a follower of the illiterate child rapist prophet will display such manifest ignorance about the Flood. After all, even his sex loving prophet didn't understand it, so how can he? No wonder they always look like fools when they're confronted by atheists because atheists don't have any frame of religious reference.
It takes only a sound religion to defeat atheist arguments about existence and rationality, but Islam is crude, vulgar and filthy, so atheists like the guys at Charlie Hebdo just consider Islam to be a joke which is why they're always drawing funny cartoons of Muhammad.

AntiChristian:

It's a miracle.
Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by Opeyemiextra(f): 9:23am On Nov 14, 2021
The workings of God sometimes are illogical

1 Like

Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by CandyOps(m): 9:25am On Nov 14, 2021
AllahIsShit:
I'm No wonder they always look like fools when they're confronted by atheists because atheists don't have any frame of religious reference.
It takes only a sound religion to defeat atheist arguments about existence and rationality,

E be like you done go smoke this early morning?

1 Like

Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by OBALOLA55(m): 9:26am On Nov 14, 2021
helinues:

SAYS A FULANI HERDSMAN grin

1 Like

Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by Amotolongbo(f): 9:29am On Nov 14, 2021
All these things are myth.

All races and ethnicity have myths being passed from generations to generation.
Saying a myth is the fact is the height of ignorance.

Those lambasting the OP have forgotten that this same Noah story is in the Quran cos Quran and Bible have a common source and origin.

Yoruba myth is that Oduduwa descended from heaven with a chain, bringing down cock, calabash et al.
Does that seem logical? No!
Same way Adam and Even were created by God in the Garden of Eden and other stories in the Bible sound illogical.

No myth is better than the other

5 Likes

Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by CandyOps(m): 9:32am On Nov 14, 2021
Researchers have confirmed that It's geographically impossible for the earth to be flooded all over at the same time.

The funny thing with the way religious people think or argue is that.. people have already had all these arguments b4 onna global platform and the answers or conclusions to these talks are published and available online. There's no need going over them again.

It's like arguing with someone that the earth is flat in 2021.

Anyone who is religious at this age with the level of information on the internet is either not ready to explore the truth or just loves being mass-controlled

3 Likes

Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by godisshit(m): 9:36am On Nov 14, 2021
You mean, smoke the same way that prophet Sex Award Winner (SAW) used to smoke?

CandyOps:

E be like you done go smoke this early morning?

2 Likes

Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by Nothingserious: 12:08pm On Nov 14, 2021
CandyOps:
Researchers have confirmed that It's geographically impossible for the earth to be flooded all over at the same time.

The funny thing with the way religious people think or argue is that.. people have already had all these arguments b4 onna global platform and the answers or conclusions to these talks are published and available online. There's no need going over them again.

Anyone who is religious at this age with the level of information on the internet is either not ready to explore the truth or just loves being mass-controlled

Which online or internet platform was this resolution concluded? Same internet in our hands?

You meant to say “they think or suggest “ that it was impossible? Or as some say “they cannot empirically verify “?

No one said it’s not possible. Scientists and archeologists are still searching out the account and will one day come to terms with the Bible account.

No scientist has confirmed the account was not possible. They have all offered suggestions why and why not. That’s different from definite empirical data.

The Noah’s account happened as written in the Bible. All Bible accounts are true and trustworthy.

1 Like

Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by obonujoker(m): 12:09pm On Nov 14, 2021
Read your bible and other literature to study about the great deluge..
Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by RZArecta(m): 12:21pm On Nov 14, 2021
BMC îmbeciles have been commissioned to attack Christianity.. What a wawuuu cool
Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 14, 2021
helinues:

trying to understand the bible is crazy!

like noah's story so is adam&eve tales!! Til 2mao i gat unansawered questions!

the bible is a motivational book! Pick yours and drop the rest!

1 Like

Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by Nothingserious: 12:35pm On Nov 14, 2021
helinues:

How do people keep dogs, lions, crocodiles, reptiles in their houses now? Some even get close to them, touch them , domesticate them, tame them in zoos altogether? How is that possible now but becomes a puzzle when it comes to the Bible?

Noah could communicate with everyone in the then known world in 100-120 years. What can you not do in 100-120 years? That’s a long time enough to achieve any form of communication.

You could ask your grandparents how possible it was to have started your village as a small settlement that spread up to the size you have now.
Noah’s family procreated and continued the civilization process. Have you read the Bible yourself ?

1 Like

Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by Dtruthspeaker: 12:40pm On Nov 14, 2021
Nothingserious:

How do people keep dogs, lions, crocodiles, reptiles in their houses now? Some even get close to them, touch them , domesticate them, tame them in zoos altogether? How is that possible now but becomes a puzzle when it comes to the Bible?

Noah could communicate with everyone in the then known world in 100-120 years. What can you not do in 100-120 years? That’s a long time enough to achieve any form of communication.

You could ask your grandparents how possible it was to have started your village as a small settlement that spread up to the size you have now.
Noah’s family procreated and continued the civilization process. Have you read the Bible yourself ?

We have severally answered all these shits before, they are just trying to find out how many of them are still Satanist.

2 Likes

Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by oluwafeolami(m): 1:31pm On Nov 14, 2021
Amotolongbo:
All these things are myth.

All races and ethnicity have myths being passed from generations to generation.
Saying a myth is the fact is the height of ignorance.

Those lambasting the OP have forgotten that this same Noah story is in the Quran cos Quran and Bible have a common source and origin.

Yoruba myth is that Oduduwa descended from heaven with a chain, bringing down cock, calabash et al.
Does that seem logical? No!
Same way Adam and Even were created by God in the Garden of Eden and other stories in the Bible sound illogical.

No myth is better than the other

Same thing I have always told people.
Religion has eaten deep into us that we accept our own as myth and belief the stories in the Bible and Quran to be real.
We all know oduduwa descending from the sky was all a myth, why can’t we also see the mythology in the Bible stories too?
Africa and religion chaii, SMH

3 Likes

Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by CandyOps(m): 2:06pm On Nov 14, 2021
Nothingserious:

Which online or internet platform was this resolution concluded? Same internet in our hands?

You meant to say “they think or suggest “ that it was impossible? Or as some say “they cannot empirically verify “?

No one said it’s not possible. Scientists and archeologists are still searching out the account and will one day come to terms with the Bible account.

No scientist has confirmed the account was not possible. They have all offered suggestions why and why not. That’s different from definite empirical data.

The Noah’s account happened as written in the Bible. All Bible accounts are true and trustworthy.

Do yourself a favor and get a proper education. I'm not here to go back & forth with you over a topic that has already been discussed and disected by scholars of geography and geology. It's not my fault you lack the knowledge about these things because you've chosen not to read any other thing apart from the Holy Books.

Fr thou, discussing with super-religious folks de dull my IQ. Like I said, it's like arguing over if the Earth is flat or not in this age and time. Or arguing if man truly visited the moon & space... Like, I can't stoop so low to engage in such talks again. I can only listen and nod my head like I agree with you. I'll even echo an 'amen' at the end of your prayer session. No offense I don't waste energy on such talks. ..

It's truly demeaning of all the thousands of hours I spent getting my bachelor's degree in sciences.

So knock yourself out if you truly believe every animal on earth including Dinosaurs and penguins walked across the arid deserts from the poles of the earth to the middle east just to hop on Noah's ark.

https://www.google.com/search?&q=is+it+possible+for+the+all+earth+to+be+flooded

2 Likes

Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by Nothingserious: 2:35pm On Nov 14, 2021
CandyOps:

Do yourself a favor and get a proper education. I'm not here to go back & forth with you over a topic that has already been discussed and disected by scholars of geography and geology. It's not my fault you lack the knowledge about these things because you've chosen not to read any other thing apart from the Holy Books.

Fr thou, discussing with super-religious folks de dull my IQ. Like I said, it's like arguing over if the Earth is flat or not in this age and time. Or arguing if man truly visited the moon & space... Like, I can't stoop so low to engage in such talks again. I can only listen and nod my head like I agree with you. I'll even echo an 'amen' at the end of your prayer session. No offense I don't waste energy on such talks. ..

It's truly demeaning of all the thousands of hours I spent getting my bachelor's degree in sciences.

So knock yourself out if you truly believe every animal on earth including Dinosaurs and penguins walked across the arid deserts from the poles of the earth to the middle east just to hop on Noah's ark.

https://www.google.com/search?&q=is+it+possible+for+the+all+earth+to+be+flooded

For someone who claims to be an intellectual and above me in IQ, your first impression is to boast about a mere degree in sciences? I mean a mere 1st degree ( maybe a 2.2) ? And that’s all to make one not believe in the Bible?

That’s pathetic!

If a PHD holder or a professor of a science field could be a Christian, then your senses should have told you that your holding a 1st degree or his/her holding a professorial chair in sciences are no qualifications for being a Christian or for being godless like you. But no, you won’t think and understand it that way. In your narcissistic folly thinking, you would conclude you alone had high IQ and Christians including the ones that taught you in your degree had low IQ.

Like I said, nobody had concluded empirically that the flood didn’t happen. Most sites would only suggest that it was unlikely because THEY HAVEN’T CONFIRMED IT. And they have continued to investigate. The Bible isn’t going to change for you. You are free to carry your shovel and go anywhere in the universe to confirm each and every claim in the Bible.

You ask foolish questions and when you get your responses, you add more foolish responses.

If anyone could keep animals in the zoo successfully for years, that would be okay for you. But if the Bible says someone gathered animals in an ark, then it sound ridiculous.

It sounds ridiculous not because keeping animals together in a zoo or even domesticating wild animals are ridiculous, rather it sounds ridiculous to you because of your a priori worldview.
Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by kingxsamz(m): 2:36pm On Nov 14, 2021
Opeyemiextra:
The workings of God sometimes are illogical
Lol... It's illogical because it never happened.
Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by Nothingserious: 2:37pm On Nov 14, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

We have severally answered all these shits before, they are just trying to find out how many of them are still Satanist.

Abeg no mind them.

Maybe these ones are new wannabe atheists testing a few rebuttals they read up on Christianity.
Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by Nothingserious: 2:42pm On Nov 14, 2021
kingxsamz:

Lol... It's illogical because it never happened.

Or maybe they are simply above the wavelength and amplitude of your natural mind.
There is a realm called the SUPER-natural.

“For it is written, I will baffle and render useless and destroy the learning of the learned and the philosophy of the philosophers and the cleverness of the clever and the discernment of the discerning; I will frustrate and nullify [them] and bring [them] to nothing. [Isa. 29:14.]

Where is the wise man (the philosopher)? Where is the scribe (the scholar)? Where is the investigator (the logician, the debater) of this present time and age? Has not God shown up the nonsense and the folly of this world's wisdom?

For when the world with all its earthly wisdom failed to perceive and recognize and know God by means of its own philosophy, God in His wisdom was pleased through the foolishness of preaching [salvation, procured by Christ and to be had through Him], to save those who believed (who clung to and trusted in and relied on Him).

For while Jews [demandingly] ask for signs and miracles and Greeks pursue philosophy and wisdom, We preach Christ (the Messiah) crucified, [preaching which] to the Jews is a scandal and an offensive stumbling block [that springs a snare or trap], and to the Gentiles it is absurd and utterly unphilosophical nonsense.

But to those who are called, whether Jew or Greek (Gentile), Christ [is] the Power of God and the Wisdom of God.

[This is] because the foolish thing [that has its source in] God is wiser than men, and the weak thing [that springs] from God is stronger than men.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭1:19-25‬ ‭AMPC‬‬
https://www.bible.com/8/1co.1.19-25.ampc
Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by kingxsamz(m): 2:43pm On Nov 14, 2021
CandyOps:

True, people who believe the Noah story, the Moses dividing the sea story and the story of two people populating the earth are no different from those who believe the earth is flat. Another funny thing is that, most flat earthers are Christians. Tells you a lot. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by kingxsamz(m): 2:46pm On Nov 14, 2021
Nothingserious:

Or maybe they are simply above the wavelength and amplitude of your natural mind.
There is a realm called the SUPER-natural.

“For it is written, I will baffle and render useless and destroy the learning of the learned and the philosophy of the philosophers and the cleverness of the clever and the discernment of the discerning; I will frustrate and nullify [them] and bring [them] to nothing. [Isa. 29:14.]

Where is the wise man (the philosopher)? Where is the scribe (the scholar)? Where is the investigator (the logician, the debater) of this present time and age? Has not God shown up the nonsense and the folly of this world's wisdom?

For when the world with all its earthly wisdom failed to perceive and recognize and know God by means of its own philosophy, God in His wisdom was pleased through the foolishness of preaching [salvation, procured by Christ and to be had through Him], to save those who believed (who clung to and trusted in and relied on Him).

For while Jews [demandingly] ask for signs and miracles and Greeks pursue philosophy and wisdom, We preach Christ (the Messiah) crucified, [preaching which] to the Jews is a scandal and an offensive stumbling block [that springs a snare or trap], and to the Gentiles it is absurd and utterly unphilosophical nonsense.

But to those who are called, whether Jew or Greek (Gentile), Christ [is] the Power of God and the Wisdom of God.

[This is] because the foolish thing [that has its source in] God is wiser than men, and the weak thing [that springs] from God is stronger than men.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭1:19-25‬ ‭AMPC‬‬
https://www.bible.com/8/1co.1.19-25.ampc

No one's gonna read all that bro. Rest!
Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by Nothingserious: 2:52pm On Nov 14, 2021
kingxsamz:

No one's gonna read all that bro. Rest!

Lol!

Please I want you to be reading the real Bible if you are going to present good arguments against Christianity.

If you draw your arguments from the Bible, then you really should listen to what the Bible is saying.
Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by kingxsamz(m): 2:54pm On Nov 14, 2021
Nothingserious:

Biko, tell us how an elderly man with 3 adult sons was able to live for more than 120 years trying to spread a message? grin

1 Like

Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by Nothingserious: 3:00pm On Nov 14, 2021
kingxsamz:

True, people who believe the Noah story, the Moses dividing the sea story and the story of two people populating the earth are no different from those who believe the earth is flat. Another funny thing is that, most flat earthers are Christians. Tells you a lot. cheesy

Summary: you have a problem believing the Bible. Secondly you have a problem with miracle and supernatural phenomena.

We cannot help you solve that problem unless you follow the arguments and leads.

Your references to flat earth is just ridiculous.
Was there a time ALL scientists thought the earth was flat?
Was there a time most scientists think matter was discrete and others thought it was continuous?
How about arguments about wave-particle duality?

Was Einstein and Bohr not awarded Nobels in Physics within same period even after a contentious debate by the scientists panel on matter? Yet both were thought to be right.

Isn’t that what we believe science is all about? That it can be falsified and then life goes on?

Why do you always think a natural method of investigation by men using the 5 senses only in a science that isn’t definite can be used to unsettle the Bible with eternal truths?
That’s an error!
Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by kingxsamz(m): 3:07pm On Nov 14, 2021
Nothingserious:

Summary: you have a problem believing the Bible. Secondly you have a problem with miracle and supernatural phenomena.

We cannot help you solve that problem unless you follow the arguments and leads.

Your references to flat earth is just ridiculous.
Was there a time ALL scientists thought the earth was flat?
Was there a time most scientists think matter was discrete and others thought it was continuous?
How about arguments about wave-particle duality?

Was Einstein and Bohr not awarded Nobels in Physics within same period even after a contentious debate by the scientists panel on matter? Yet both were thought to be right.

Isn’t that what we believe science is all about? That it can be falsified and then life goes on?

Why do you always think a natural method of investigation by men using the 5 senses only in a science that isn’t definite can be used to unsettle the Bible with eternal truths?
That’s an error!

The only error I see here is your bible.

1 Like

Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by Nothingserious: 3:09pm On Nov 14, 2021
kingxsamz:

Biko, tell us how an elderly man with 3 adult sons was able to live for more than 120 years trying to spread a message? grin

If you pick arguments in the Bible, be ready to read the Bible for further arguments. Don’t cherry pick.

The book of Genesis gave details of life span of humans at that time. Go read it up.
120 years was just like a starting point for one who lived 950 years.

People who live 80 years now were active around 40-60 years. Noah living 950 years would have still been active at 500-700 years.
Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by Nothingserious: 3:11pm On Nov 14, 2021
kingxsamz:

The only error I see here is your bible.

It will be crazy of me to expect anything to the contrary from you.

If you don’t come to terms with SUPER-nature, we can’t help you.

And to think you are obsessively obsessed with Christianity despite all your hatred for them is amazing.

You are more like an EVANGELICAL atheist. Lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is There Any Scientific Proof That Females Were Created From Men's Ribs? / Wind & Fire 2008 Campmeeting In Portharcourt / Why Do Nigerians Worship God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.