Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,729 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Speaking In Tongues In Present Day Churches - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Speaking In Tongues In Present Day Churches (7080 Views)

Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? / Speaking In Tongues Medical Study Proves Holy Spirit Praying / Speaking In Tongues: What's That All About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Speaking In Tongues In Present Day Churches by Refugee1: 12:53pm On Jun 07, 2011
I become greatly confused when people start speaking in tongues in our churches these days. You go to an all-speaking English church and during prayer time some people start speaking in tongues and no one interpreting. I remember the disciples spoke in other tongues (languages) to spread the word of God to these people. A friend of mine said it is biblical to speak in tongue at least once a day and I asked him in which tongue - Yoruba, Idoma, Chinese or which. Which languages are the tongues that some of these churches speak?
Re: Speaking In Tongues In Present Day Churches by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 07, 2011
[size=13pt]
1 Corinthians 14:19
19 But in the church I would rather speak five intelligible words to instruct others than ten thousand words in a tongue.
[/size]

[size=15pt] When will these penterascals grow up and stop acting like babies with this their speaking in tongues or may be they are speaking in tongs.[/size]
Re: Speaking In Tongues In Present Day Churches by Joagbaje(m): 10:58pm On Jun 07, 2011
Refugee 1:

I become greatly confused when people start speaking in tongues in our churches these days. You go to an all-speaking English church and during prayer time some people start speaking in tongues and no one interpreting. I remember the disciples spoke in other tongues (languages) to spread the word of God to these people. A friend of mine said it is biblical to speak in tongue at least once a day and I asked him in which tongue - Yoruba, Idoma, Chinese or which. Which languages are the tongues that some of these churches speak?

There is a difference between praying in tongues and speaking with tongues. When you speak with tongues ,you don't need interpretation. When you pray in tongues it's between you and God ,you don't need interpretation.
Re: Speaking In Tongues In Present Day Churches by Sweetnecta: 11:15pm On Jun 07, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ If there is no need for interpretation, in either speaking nor praying in tongue, considering that even the one in tongue does not even know what he is saying, and definitely not him/herself because he/she is in a trance,

how can anyone including the one who is in a state of euphoria who which is which since there is a difference?

the strange words which the person is uttering is not a language spoken by people around this person experiencing it. it may not be a language on this planet.

since God Almighty made sure in every revelation, the tongue of the prophet is always what his revelation came in.

if anyone was to speak in strange 'tongue', it should have been the prophets, a sign of miracle it would have been. yet this did not happen.
Re: Speaking In Tongues In Present Day Churches by mabell: 11:23am On Jun 08, 2011
@Mr Bible,
when i'm praying in tongues, why would someone else need to hear what i'm discussing with God
Re: Speaking In Tongues In Present Day Churches by Nobody: 11:25am On Jun 08, 2011
@mabell
[size=15pt]1 Corinthians 14:19
19 But in the church I would rather speak five intelligible words to instruct others than ten thousand words in a tongue.
[/size]

[size=15pt]If you are in the church how will others not hear you?[/size]
Re: Speaking In Tongues In Present Day Churches by azeezengr(m): 12:05pm On Jun 08, 2011
EVEN TRADITIONALIST YORUBA PEOPLE DURING TWINS FESTIVAL(ODUN/ORO IBEJI) DO SPEAK IN TONGUE AFTER SOME HOLY(OR MAYBE UNHOLY) SPIRITS DESCEND ON THEM, SO WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL!
Re: Speaking In Tongues In Present Day Churches by brainpulse: 12:10pm On Jun 08, 2011
When you are in any Christian Gathering, and children of God are speaking in tongues, rather than Get confuse or intimidated, pls pray for the gift of the Holy spirit and continue to pray. When people are in Communion with God through prayer you don't have to listen or understand but to communicate with your creator in any language you believe He alone will understand.
Re: Speaking In Tongues In Present Day Churches by marabout(m): 12:15pm On Jun 08, 2011
why is it that they all always say:

holamama  sabbarakata, or something similar. If they truly speak in tongue, then it should be different tongues.

It is all imitation. I like their preaching but their spectacle just put me off.

In those days at school, I stopped going to scripture union when the most useless boys at school started speaking in tongues.

One of them who spoke in tongue the most, took my answer sheet during WASC practical exam to copy when I turned away for a minute to set up an experiment. They could easily have cancelled both our papers if invigilators had seen it before I grabbed the paper from him in anger.
Of course he failed physics when results came out. Clowns. grin grin
Re: Speaking In Tongues In Present Day Churches by marabout(m): 12:17pm On Jun 08, 2011
Brain pulse,

which kind communion? Let people stop deceiving themselves.

People like Alams, Ibori and OBJ will also be speaking in tongues, chei. Naija people don suffer.

In Naija we just like to bastardise everything.
In reality in Naija today, I doubt if you can have more than 100 who can really speak in tongues. Certainly not those money-worshiping pastors, General overseer, president-general and all what not.

They should instead speak in jet-language.
Re: Speaking In Tongues In Present Day Churches by toks2009: 12:29pm On Jun 08, 2011
Let me explain in a lame man's understanding.

Speaking in togues in the real sense means speaking in different languages but the perculiar strange utterances heard in churches or uttered by christians who have this gift is basically a language that GOD only understands and ofcourse the devil does'nt.

So its like you speaking to your guard in a strange language that your enemy does not understand,you leave him/her confused.

So when we pray to GOD in a language the devil understand,he could play with our emotions but when we pray in an unknown language(tongue),he just gets confused thereby making our prayers more effective.

Secondly, we as christians don't really know wat to pray about but the tongue speaking usually helps us to pray right thereby going straight to the exact point.

Hope this explanations helps.
Re: Speaking In Tongues In Present Day Churches by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 08, 2011
where is the scripture that says the devil doesn't understand tongues?
Re: Speaking In Tongues In Present Day Churches by Azibalua(f): 1:27pm On Jun 08, 2011
Where is the scripture that says he does?
Re: Speaking In Tongues In Present Day Churches by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 08, 2011
Lol, the absence of evidence is the evidence of presence, abi?

Someone said "the devil understands tongues", simple question, where was the info gotten from?
Re: Speaking In Tongues In Present Day Churches by multibabe(f): 1:33pm On Jun 08, 2011
toks2009:

Let me explain in a lame man's understanding.

Speaking in togues in the real sense means speaking in different languages but the perculiar strange utterances heard in churches or uttered by christians who have this gift is basically a language that GOD only understands and ofcourse the devil does'nt.

So its like you speaking to your guard in a strange language that your enemy does not understand,you leave him/her confused.

So when we pray to GOD in a language the devil understand,he could play with our emotions but when we pray in an unknown language(tongue),he just gets confused thereby making our prayers more effective.

so wen you pray in tongues it helps you to known  what to pray about right? pls stop decieving your self and pray for other useful and fruitful gifts of the holy spirit that will help you to make heaven.

Secondly, we as christians don't really know wat to pray about but the tongue speaking usually helps us to pray right thereby going straight to the exact point.

Hope this explanations helps.
Re: Speaking In Tongues In Present Day Churches by Azibalua(f): 1:34pm On Jun 08, 2011
Re: Speaking In Tongues In Present Day Churches by Grassroot: 1:37pm On Jun 08, 2011
In the bible, when the disciples spoke in tongues (especially on Pentecost day), they spoke in languages that ordinarily they cant speak but persons around them could understand; and the purpose of this was to upbuild/preach to a person that understands a foreign tongue/language. For example, if an Igbo preacher has to preach to an hausa man and he doesn't speak Hausa ordinarily, the spirit of God can make him speak hausa to upbuild the Hausa man.

PS. that's why speaking in tongue is called a gift. I think it is misunderstood/faked by some Christians these days
Re: Speaking In Tongues In Present Day Churches by ogbori(m): 1:46pm On Jun 08, 2011
the perculiar strange utterances heard in churches or uttered by christians who have this gift is basically a language that GOD only understands and ofcourse the devil does'nt.
  shocked

A LANGUAGE THAT ONLY GOD UNDERSTAND?  A language; means, one language.  Even when you don't understand Igbo,Yoruba, Hausa, French, somehow, you know what it sounds like. The sound follow a particular partern.  But the issue is, the speaking in tongue follow different partern with different churches. Is a particular tongue language allocated to a particular church. You find out that the member of a church tend to (speak in tongue) the same way the church leader do.
The common answer to this is ; THERE IS A TRANSFER OF A SPIRIT OF THE CHURCH LEADER TO THE FOLLOWER , like you have with Elijah to Elisha. The question is, IS IT A TRANSFER OF THE SPIRIT OF THE PASTOR OR THE SPIRIT OF GOD(HOLY SPIRIT).

Your explanation seem too elementary. The Devil don't need your discussion with God to get you. If that is an issue, ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS PRAY IN YOUR MIND.
Again, that might not be good enough because the devil might as well know what you thinking.  God made us FREE WILLED. Its up to you to decide who you want to follow.
There is no place in the bible where it was said that the devil does not understand HEAVENLY LANGUAGE.
There was an instance where the devil came around where God was with other angels. God challenged him concerning Job.  He knows our weakness and that is what he uses to try to get us down, same he tried with Job. Whether you talk o or not, your data is available, its up to you to get yourself strengthen with the power of God. undecided
Re: Speaking In Tongues In Present Day Churches by Mrmik(m): 1:58pm On Jun 08, 2011
Quite interesting that this rubbish you call speaking in tongues or 'spitting' in tongues only exist in the black or mostly African churches where you stumble over the most hypocrisy in the world. No wonder you have smart thieves flying with private jets to carry your hard earned money to God or whoever he needs those jets to go and meet. Anyway the same bible said it all already; that it shall be taken from the poor an d given to the rich. Go on keep deceiving yourself and be 'spitting' in tongues.

Ewu speaking in tongues.
Re: Speaking In Tongues In Present Day Churches by Pafuri(m): 2:05pm On Jun 08, 2011
Lies. Lies. Lies!
Speaking in toungue ko, speaking with tongue in kitten ni. grin grin grin
Re: Speaking In Tongues In Present Day Churches by OmoTier1(m): 2:13pm On Jun 08, 2011
Simply put, TONGUES have nothing to do with the Pentecostals or any denomination, rather, it is the 'gifted language' of the recreated man in Christ Jesus as in,(2Cor 5vs17) when a man does what is written in (Ro 10 vs 9-10); and this is the evidence »» MARK 16 vs 17 "And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; THEY WILL SPEAK IN NEW TONGUES, " This is how my Jesus said (in a statement of fact)those who believe in him will be identified!

If you really want to get charged up then boy, you got to bust out in those tongues why you may ask , see 1Cor 14 vs 4-5.

Then,let me take you to 1Cor 14 vs 14-15 where Apostle Paul clearly shows you which is greater i.e praying/speaking in your understanding vs praying/speaking in Tongues. »Speaking/Praying are one and same!

Further, I will show you the secret of Apostle Paul's ministry success; 1Cor 14 vs 18 "I thank God that I speak in Tongues MORE than ALL of you" -WOW- He sure knew something is in it as We too have come to discover!

And in verse 19,He gives guidance on how not to get the babes in christ scared out in church when we come together.

In 1Cor vs22 it shows you this and I quote;
   "Tongues, then, are a SIGN, not for believers but for unbelievers; PROPHECY, however is for believers, NOT FOR UNBELIEVERS" , So where do you belong?

Then please take this home for yourself; 1Cor 14 vs 39.

However, there is even one much better; PROPHECY! But how then can a man prophesy if he is not charged up in the Holy ghost? When you release those tongues, you are speaking words not made for the understanding of the flesh-your sensual audibles-, you are giving instructions to angels in thier own languages, you are speaking the same language as the Spirit of the Father! Surely, something is bound to happen when you release those tongues with the WORD in Faith!

Please do not let the devil deceive you,Tongues are a very vital part of the successful christian living in today's world. I humbly recommend STUDYING the whole of 1Cor 14 and please humbly but aside whatever you might have heard or have been told about speaking in tongues and let the Holy Ghost minister to your spirit as you study that 1Cor chapter 14.
Re: Speaking In Tongues In Present Day Churches by andypash(m): 2:19pm On Jun 08, 2011
@poster
1cor 3vs1-2
U are a babe in spirit realm
1cor 13vs11
Put away childish talk
1cor 14vs 1-40
Dont read it; study it and pray for understanding so that u can boldly declare like paul in verse 18
Jude vs 20
Tongues build u
Romans 8 vs 26-27
Another way of praying that looks so foolish to human understanding
Re: Speaking In Tongues In Present Day Churches by OmoTier1(m): 2:43pm On Jun 08, 2011
I think the church has moved beyond Speaking Tongues now! Like Heb 12:1-3 rightly puts it, let us focus on those things that WE the body of christ should focus on, not babes talk like fasting, tithes, offering, speaking in tongues, homosexuality, lesbianism,etc

Lets move on to such things like the foreknowledge of God's love dimension!
Re: Speaking In Tongues In Present Day Churches by omega25red(m): 2:45pm On Jun 08, 2011
Grassroot:

In the bible, when the disciples spoke in tongues (especially on Pentecost day), they spoke in languages that ordinarily they cant speak but persons around them could understand; and the purpose of this was to upbuild/preach to a person that understands a foreign tongue/language. For example, if an Igbo preacher has to preach to an hausa man and he doesn't speak Hausa ordinarily, the spirit of God can make him speak hausa to upbuild the Hausa man.

PS. that's why speaking in tongue is called a gift. I think it is misunderstood/faked by some Christians these days
Thank you for this explanation
Re: Speaking In Tongues In Present Day Churches by darqly(m): 3:10pm On Jun 08, 2011
But if a christian NEVER speaks in tongues, does that make him less a christian? Does it mean he's not properly Born again?
Re: Speaking In Tongues In Present Day Churches by Olaisrich(m): 3:15pm On Jun 08, 2011
First, i will like to say  that speaking in tongues is a new testament gift that was packaged along with the salvation of all belivers,'this signs shall follow them that believe', that is why even after your salvation if you didn't believe it you won't receive it.God gave all believers for EDIFICATION to strenghten our spiritman,having an understanding of how weak and vunerable our cannal man can be.
Prepared and yeilded believers can receive this anytime the Holy Spirit came down either during personal prayers,worships and praises or congregational and it is called BAPTISM OF THE HOLY GHOST!
My advice to believers that had been baptized is to speak this tongues frequently as he\she receives the urges to speak it which is usually ushered in by worships,praise,praying,reading and meditation  of the word of God. And i will like to say that it will be a spiritual sucide to attend a church where they speak in tongues once in a while or where you are the only one that speaks it.Speaking in tongues is not preached to the unbelievers it is the salvation we are told to preach to them,anyone that want to know that mysery have to born again first.

secondly, there is another gift of tongues and interpretation which is a ministry gift of the Holy Spirit, God decorated the Corinthians church with divers ministry gifts to the extent that majority of them have the gift of speaking and interpretations of tongues,here comes the need for orderliness to eradicate confussions.
there is difference btw the first and second, but first is a prequisite for the second,not everybody can have the second,but first is common to all!
Re: Speaking In Tongues In Present Day Churches by Olaisrich(m): 3:24pm On Jun 08, 2011
But if a christian NEVER speaks in tongues, does that make him less a christian? Does it mean he's not properly Born again?

i will answer your question buy this illustration!
if somebody buy a blackberry phone for his\her 90yrs old grandma,the woman will still
make use of the phone to call and receive call, but there are some other facilities such as browsing the internet,entertainment,digital tv name them, that she will not be able to utilised.
Re: Speaking In Tongues In Present Day Churches by JAZES(m): 3:31pm On Jun 08, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

Simply put, TONGUES have nothing to do with the Pentecostals or any denomination, rather, it is the 'gifted language' of the recreated man in Christ Jesus as in,(2Cor 5vs17) when a man does what is written in (Ro 10 vs 9-10); and this is the evidence »» MARK 16 vs 17 "And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; THEY WILL SPEAK IN NEW TONGUES, " This is how my Jesus said (in a statement of fact)those who believe in him will be identified!

If you really want to get charged up then boy, you got to bust out in those tongues why you may ask , see 1Cor 14 vs 4-5.

Then,let me take you to 1Cor 14 vs 14-15 where Apostle Paul clearly shows you which is greater i.e praying/speaking in your understanding vs praying/speaking in Tongues. »Speaking/Praying are one and same!

Further, I will show you the secret of Apostle Paul's ministry success; 1Cor 14 vs 18 "I thank God that I speak in Tongues MORE than ALL of you" -WOW- He sure knew something is in it as We too have come to discover!

And in verse 19,He gives guidance on how not to get the babes in christ scared out in church when we come together.

"Tongues, then, are a SIGN, not for believers but for unbelievers; PROPHECY, however is for believers, NOT FOR UNBELIEVERS" , So where do you belong?

However, there is even one much better; PROPHECY! But how then can a man prophesy if he is not charged up in the Holy ghost? When you release those tongues, you are speaking words not made for the understanding of the flesh-your sensual audibles-, you are giving instructions to angels in thier own languages, you are speaking the same language as the Spirit of the Father! Surely, something is bound to happen when you release those tongues with the WORD in Faith!

Please do not let the devil deceive you,Tongues are a very vital part of the successful christian living in today's world. I humbly recommend STUDYING the whole of 1Cor 14 and please humbly but aside whatever you might have heard or have been told about speaking in tongues and let the Holy Ghost minister to your spirit as you study that 1Cor chapter 14.

I love the way you lay it out in simple terms.

@Poster,
Not speaking in tongues as a xtian is like
not speaking your Language as a Yoruba,Igbo or an Hausa person
cos tongues or praying in  the Spirit is our heritage(Mark16:15-17)
The church that Christ died for is a spiritual church that needs
to communicate with God who is Spiritual being(John4:24).
Tongues does not only build you up(jude20) but it also allows
you to communicate with God in a language no one understands
even the devil(1Cor14:2).
When we speak in/with tongues we are speaking a language no one
understands even the devil(1Cor14:2) cos we are speaking mystery
even in the spirit.
I love to speak with tongues every day cos i know it builds me up
and allows to communicate with the Father of Spirits.
PRAISE GOD. WE WIN
Re: Speaking In Tongues In Present Day Churches by JAZES(m): 3:41pm On Jun 08, 2011
darqly:

A big NO, it doesnt make him/her less a xtian but it
does make him/her less effective in the things of the
spirit.
Philemon6 makes it very clear that the only way
to make our xtian work effective is by acknowledging
every good things that is in us in Christ Jesus or
that Christ has accomplished for us.
Tongues is one of the things Christ has accomplished for
us and thats why it is very important that we acknowledge it
by practicing it.
Re: Speaking In Tongues In Present Day Churches by Anvaller: 4:01pm On Jun 08, 2011
Upon all your speaking in tongues, You people can not still solve simple problems. More people are dieing, more road accidents, more thieves, more poverty, more hypocrites, more bad leaders and instead of calculating a realistic approach, I guess you will all go to the corner of your room or some will go to bar beach, speak in tongue for several hours and God will whisper to them that things will be better. To compound the problem, you will go to church in new year night and your pastor will tell you that this year is your year of ascension. So the problem is solvd at least "God whispered to me and the pastor said the same thing". I wonder if they dont evaluate. The previous year, your pastor might have told u that it is your year of break through and probably the year before that was Year of good news but in reality, in most cases things dont usually get better in all thes years tagged different names except a very few which is normal. But your smart pastor will keep you in the hoping game by citing examples of a brother amongst the brethren who did not have a car last year but now he has, so continue to pray. Speak more in tongue.

You will never hear a hardline speaking in tongue xtian say that "I meditated thoroughly over that complex issue yesterday and arrived at a convincing conclusion, I strongly hope it is gonna work" Instead the will say "I told daddy (referring to God) about that issue yesterday and daddy said you will make it my son/daughter so I believe I will make it in Jesus name" How would you enjoy relating with people like that who will never make sense than telling fictions which is a product in tongue.

Most times when I pray to God, I am concerned about my eternal life, I dont bother God on simple things that I can easily calculate my way out. At least I appreciate my God who has given me the brain to think so I wont bother him all the time. But I know that God is not partial he gave brain to everyone but some are just lazy.
Re: Speaking In Tongues In Present Day Churches by vislabraye(m): 4:41pm On Jun 08, 2011
musKeeto:

where is the scripture that says the devil doesn't understand tongues?

Cor 14 says he who speaks in tongues, speaks mystery to God. The word mystery emphasized. . .

darqly:

No. But it is better he does. Things of the spirit are of great importance. Tongues enhances our prayers and worship
Re: Speaking In Tongues In Present Day Churches by PastorAIO: 5:33pm On Jun 08, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

Okay, Let me take this bit by bit.

Simply put, TONGUES have nothing to do with the Pentecostals or any denomination, rather, it is the 'gifted language' of the recreated man in Christ Jesus
Speaking in 'Tongues' that we are talking about here has everything to do with pentecostals.  This babbling is a pentecostal phenomenon.  The Tongues spoken of in the bible are languages foreign to the person speaking it.  

If you really want to get charged up then boy,
you got to bust out in those tongues why you may ask , see 1Cor 14 vs 4-5.

I have often wondered about the arrogance of pentecostals.  Recently it has occurred to me that it is sourced from the leading pastors themselves.  Straight from American pulpits to african pulpits to the congregation, they learn the preening, strutting, bluffing manner of conducting themselves.  
First let's look at 1Cor 14 v. 4and 5

4He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church. 5I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.

Actually first, I want to point out that the entire passage of chapter 14 far from encouraging people to speak in tongues is actually a slight discouragement.  
I maintain that the tongues that are spoken of are human languages that are foreign to the speaker.  How can you read that verse and conclude that babbling is charging yourself up spiritually?  ( for the purposes of this post I shall call Tongues just human languages and I shall call the pentecostal tongues babbling -  This is just to make a distinction and it should not be taken as an offense).  

The point of that verse is that because nobody understands what the speaker is saying (cos it is a foreign language) it does not edify (build up) them though it edifies the person speaking.  It is not saying that this is the special way to edify yourself as a christian by speaking in a foreign language.

14For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. 15What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

In this one the delusion is even clearer.  No where in the passage does he say that praying in the spirit is greater than praying with you understanding.  In fact the entire chapter says the diametric opposite.  Paul is discouraging people speaking in tongues in favour of people prophesying.  Let me use myself as an example of what Paul is saying.  I don't speak Hausa.  If I start to pray in Hausa due to the spirit even I myself don't understand what I am saying.  What then?  Is it not better to Pray with the spirit that prayer that my intellect can also understand.  If I will sing with the spirit let the song be a song that my intellect can also understand.  It is the one that combines both Intellect and spirit that is best.  Not the one that even the person speaking does not know what he is saying.  

The self satisfied preener now shows us a deep 'secret'.   Nothing less than the secret of his ministries success.  

18I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all: 19Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.

What Paul is actually saying is quite contrary to the 'secret'.  In his ministry Paul would rather only say 5 words that everybody can understand than speak a thousand words in a foreign language.  This is quite different from Paul saying 'yes I can babble more than all of you and that is the secret of my success cos that is how I conduct myself in my ministry'.  
Actually what he is saying is that he is more gifted at speaking foreign human languages.  

*shakes head*  Actually verse 19 says he doesn't speak in tongues so that he can teach constructively and not because he wants to scare any babies.  You guys shouldn't let your fantasies totally becloud your ability to read basic english.  

And this is where your conceits unravel about you.  The same babbling that you shouldn't do to protect 'baby teeth' christians!  That is what is a sign for unbelievers!!  And only prophecy is for believers.  Does that make sense to you?  Surely if anyone is going to be put off by babbling it is the unbelievers.  How is that a sign to them?  Think about it.  What would be a sign to unbelievers?
How about if you went up to an unbeliever and started speaking to him in his mother tongue?  Would that be an impressive sign for him?  

What?!! Are you saying that one needs to be able to babble before one can prophesy?  Are you sure it is the same Corinthians 14 that we are reading?  The Cor 14 that I am reading puts prophesy and speaking in tongues in contrast with each other, not that you need one to do the other.  You are just getting creative with the gospel at the expense of the Truth.  

Okay let us study Corinthians chapter 14.  Coming in the next post  . . . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jesus Devine Revelation To Samuel Oghenetega ,a 14 Years Old Boy / Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? / Bishop David Benenoch Has Divorced His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.