Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,869 members, 7,828,099 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

FIRS’ N228bn Budget Surpasses NASS, Judiciary, Many States - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FIRS’ N228bn Budget Surpasses NASS, Judiciary, Many States (12617 Views)

How Many States Have Peter Obi Gotten 25% / If Not For Corruption, This Is How So Many States In Nigeria Will Look Like / See How Many States PDP Now Controls, Including Zamfara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIRS’ N228bn Budget Surpasses NASS, Judiciary, Many States by Creamz(m): 10:04pm On Nov 14, 2021
This government is just the worst government Nigerians have faced. They are "legitimately" stealing us blind by budgeting for useless things. Budgeting billions for computers like there are non in the agency, budgeting billions for uniforms? Are those gold made uniforms? The more you know what is happening in Nigeria, the angrier you get about the country. Mr President please wake up. NIGERIA is SINKING on your watch!

2 Likes

Re: FIRS’ N228bn Budget Surpasses NASS, Judiciary, Many States by nathyx(m): 10:10pm On Nov 14, 2021
Outrageous! How can 1.3 Billion be budgeted to clean and Fumigate Firs Offices when even Sambisa forests cost less to Fumigate shocked shocked this simply is just a case of indirect robbery I mean tax payers funds end up been used to abundantly facilitate needless Government workers undecided undecided Senate in it's wisdom ought to have scrutinized this outrageous budget and reduce it to the accountable Minimum
Re: FIRS’ N228bn Budget Surpasses NASS, Judiciary, Many States by iLoveYouToo(m): 10:10pm On Nov 14, 2021
gbagyiza:

Good observation. And also imagine the agency is to spend 188k for just a driver uniform. With 25k I will provide a good quality uniform and a shoe for a driver n about 163k saved. We are finished in Nigeria.

It’s truly crazy. Are you Gbagyi?
Re: FIRS’ N228bn Budget Surpasses NASS, Judiciary, Many States by adamsmith914: 10:12pm On Nov 14, 2021
inoki247:
No wonder dem no wan gree for Rivers state free money don sweet dem laik Juice...
This is just a clear example that states don’t have the capacity to collect VAT.
Re: FIRS’ N228bn Budget Surpasses NASS, Judiciary, Many States by yahmohy27: 10:13pm On Nov 14, 2021
Lamasta:
Oil Money for FIRS
Is the body not generating revenue for the federal govt?
If yes, they deserve it what of CBN I am sure their own will be more than this, does CBN generate revenue.
Abeg they deserve it.
It's cos none of you has not been recruited there. Jealousy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS’ N228bn Budget Surpasses NASS, Judiciary, Many States by adamsmith914: 10:16pm On Nov 14, 2021
Creamz:
This government is just the worst government Nigerians have faced. They are "legitimately" stealing us blind by budgeting for useless things. Budgeting billions for computers like there are non in the agency, budgeting billions for uniforms? Are those gold made uniforms? The more you know what is happening in Nigeria, the angrier you get about the country. Mr President please wake up. NIGERIA is SINKING on your watch!
Criminals blaming other people for their own criminality, Maybe the people working @ firs are Ghanaians & Cameroonians? Where your mama & papa dey work?

2 Likes

Re: FIRS’ N228bn Budget Surpasses NASS, Judiciary, Many States by adamsmith914: 10:17pm On Nov 14, 2021
vanbonattel:
Oh!
Niger Delta Oil money
Mumu What does FIRS have to do with oil money? Too many of these children on Nairaland are just daft dummies.
Re: FIRS’ N228bn Budget Surpasses NASS, Judiciary, Many States by kolakolex: 10:18pm On Nov 14, 2021
It's very pathetic.those who are supposed to fight for the masses are benefiting ; they will look the other way and the vicious circle continues

2 Likes

Re: FIRS’ N228bn Budget Surpasses NASS, Judiciary, Many States by adamsmith914: 10:20pm On Nov 14, 2021
kolakolex:
It's very pathetic.those who are supposed to fight for the masses are benefiting ; they will look the other way and the vicious circle continues
States that cannot pay teachers & pensioners, I wonder where they will get the money to pay their new tax collectors, I am quite sure they will come & beg the Federal Government to come & loan them money?

2 Likes

Re: FIRS’ N228bn Budget Surpasses NASS, Judiciary, Many States by J3susFr3ak: 10:26pm On Nov 14, 2021
adamsmith914:
This is just a clear example that states don’t have the capacity to collect VAT.

Your logic is completely backwards and makes no sense! Maybe your dry dusty state has no capacity but definitely NOT states who are willing and are able to start.

Your silly post has swipes of green envy....that is foolish son.

3 Likes

Re: FIRS’ N228bn Budget Surpasses NASS, Judiciary, Many States by poiZon: 10:28pm On Nov 14, 2021
Mindlog:
The agency set aside N1billion for generator fuel and N250 million for maintenance while a separate N550 million was set aside for purchasing more generators...... angry
They still set aside 1.4billion for electricity bills
Re: FIRS’ N228bn Budget Surpasses NASS, Judiciary, Many States by kennyok(m): 10:31pm On Nov 14, 2021
God punish every single legislator that will approve this day light robbery and looting..

What is all this impunities all about with this present administration.. everyone looking at how to cash out big time and we have mr intergrity in this country.

2 Likes

Re: FIRS’ N228bn Budget Surpasses NASS, Judiciary, Many States by bn2murphy(m): 10:38pm On Nov 14, 2021
Re: FIRS’ N228bn Budget Surpasses NASS, Judiciary, Many States by Creamz(m): 10:41pm On Nov 14, 2021
adamsmith914:
Criminals blaming other people for their own criminality, Maybe the people working @ firs are Ghanaians & Cameroonians? Where your mama & papa dey work?

If my Dad or Mum works there, that wouldn't have stopped me from calling them out. However, it is wrong for you to have insinuated that I am a criminal because I am stating the obvious!

4 Likes

Re: FIRS’ N228bn Budget Surpasses NASS, Judiciary, Many States by kayusely70(m): 10:55pm On Nov 14, 2021
Zico5:
Nigeria on the free for all under Mr integrity. I know for sure that posterity will judge this vegetable president. Under his maladministration, to live has become difficult, yet his goons are looting from one angle to another. The price of common commodity is unreachable for common man but yet they lack decency in their daily living. They preach we should bear their hardship yet they are living extravagant lives. They will all die miserably in Jesus name.
AMEN and AMEN!!!
Re: FIRS’ N228bn Budget Surpasses NASS, Judiciary, Many States by mkoabiola: 10:56pm On Nov 14, 2021
This is d agency that generates revenue to d FG and No comment
Re: FIRS’ N228bn Budget Surpasses NASS, Judiciary, Many States by deji17: 11:34pm On Nov 14, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
If you no Sabi person, FIRS no go ever employ you

Funny thing is that those who works for agency like FIRS also joins other Nigerians to complain about govt.
Re: FIRS’ N228bn Budget Surpasses NASS, Judiciary, Many States by adabaraabdul: 12:07am On Nov 15, 2021
As long as the budget defence goes fine, and the expenses balance up in the aftermath, then good, else EFCC should do the needful
Re: FIRS’ N228bn Budget Surpasses NASS, Judiciary, Many States by chukxie(m): 1:00am On Nov 15, 2021
Nuffing go happen because Nigerians are inherently docile! How much was allocated for education, healthcare, infrastructural upgrades, housing..? The mumu in Nigeria never do. Una eyes go see una ears soon! Let the looting continue until Nigerians irrespective of their party affiliations wake up to demand for accountability from their leaders.

4 Likes

Re: FIRS’ N228bn Budget Surpasses NASS, Judiciary, Many States by VanuatuWycombe: 1:41am On Nov 15, 2021
Nigeria! Eni orí yo… ódi’lé.
Re: FIRS’ N228bn Budget Surpasses NASS, Judiciary, Many States by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:00am On Nov 15, 2021
Sonoyom:
Buhari has widened the floodgates of looting.

......and opened the gates of hell!
Re: FIRS’ N228bn Budget Surpasses NASS, Judiciary, Many States by tolufase: 2:07am On Nov 15, 2021
iLoveYouToo:
FIRS has over 5 offices in Abuja metro, I wonder what they even need all those offices for

FIRS in Kano state has over seven offices. I don't know what they do with those offices. Kaduna is not different.

2 Likes

Re: FIRS’ N228bn Budget Surpasses NASS, Judiciary, Many States by ExposingdMatrix: 2:50am On Nov 15, 2021
Re: FIRS’ N228bn Budget Surpasses NASS, Judiciary, Many States by lanre9ja(m): 3:16am On Nov 15, 2021
This country is nothing again...... My wife, friend father was chatting with a senator and he ask what is the future of this country..... he said he won't lie to him that this country has no future that they have spoil things of 30years to time, he doesn't think this country can't balance again..... make everybody just dey plan to Japa
Re: FIRS’ N228bn Budget Surpasses NASS, Judiciary, Many States by plaindealer: 3:48am On Nov 15, 2021
..because the FIRS generated N4.95 trillion in 9 months alone, but NASS and the Judiciary generated ZERO kobo, they are useless, corrupt, incompetent and inefficient, also, the states you listed are almost non-viable states.

They have more workers and scope of responsibilities than NASS and the judiciary combined

The FIRS don't sit around like the useless institutions you listed, they work hard, they collect every Naira and kobo that keeps Nigeria going, including to pay the salaries of the useless over budget NASS and the judiciary and state allocations.

These attention-seeking headlines are mostly ignorant with lack of context and basic common sense

1 Like

Re: FIRS’ N228bn Budget Surpasses NASS, Judiciary, Many States by Ttalk: 3:55am On Nov 15, 2021
KingsleyCEO:
If this will bring about effectiveness, why not?

Useless CEO, Is that how you run your company?
Re: FIRS’ N228bn Budget Surpasses NASS, Judiciary, Many States by Ttalk: 4:25am On Nov 15, 2021
plaindealer:
..because the FIRS generated N4.95 trillion in 9 months alone, but NASS and the Judiciary generated ZERO kobo, they are useless, corrupt, incompetent and inefficient, also, the states you listed are almost non-viable states.

They have more workers and scope of responsibilities than NASS and the judiciary combined

The FIRS don't sit around like the useless institutions you listed, they work hard, they collect every Naira and kobo that keeps Nigeria going, including to pay the salaries of the useless over budget NASS and the judiciary and state allocations.

These attention-seeking headlines are mostly ignorant with lack of context and basic common sense

Your argument is always irrational and surprisingly you always spew then with bold face.

You said FIRS is working hard and I ask how when the tax system is already automated with them using less effort in taskforce operations.

Maybe we should scrap Legislative arms in a democracy so that the presidency you blindly support would add the work of legislator to it's work.

Nass comprises of HoR members, Senate members, Nass Staff, National Assembly Service Commission and NILS, what is the staff strenght in 36states combined with their head quarter?

Many of your likes are nothing but a vampire to this nation

3 Likes

Re: FIRS’ N228bn Budget Surpasses NASS, Judiciary, Many States by plaindealer: 4:38am On Nov 15, 2021
Ttalk:

Your argument is always irrational and surprisingly you always spew then with bold face.

You said FIRS is working hard and I ask how when the tax system is already automated with them using less effort in taskforce operations.

Maybe we should scrap Legislative arms in a democracy so that the presidency you blindly support would add the work of legislator to it's work.

Nass comprises of HoR members, Senate members, Nass Staff, National Assembly Service Commission and NILS, what is the staff strenght in 36states combined with their head quarter?

Many of your likes are nothing but a vampire to this nation

Of course, maybe we should scrap FIRS too and just let machines collect our taxes.

FIRS collected N4.9 Trillion in 9 months last year.

The budget for IRS in the US is N5 Trillion, more than what our own FIRS collected in one year.

IRS workforce is 74,454, that's a massive workforce even with all their technology.

Do you not think the US with all their machines and technology should also get rid of their workers and let machines collect their taxes also?

Always put things in context before you open your mouth, don't just read headlines ad start blabbing and doing follow follow with bandwagon..
Re: FIRS’ N228bn Budget Surpasses NASS, Judiciary, Many States by galaxy2020(m): 6:12am On Nov 15, 2021
Enough to loot....
Re: FIRS’ N228bn Budget Surpasses NASS, Judiciary, Many States by korm2me(m): 6:26am On Nov 15, 2021
gbagyiza:

Good observation. And also imagine the agency is to spend 188k for just a driver uniform. With 25k I will provide a good quality uniform and a shoe for a driver n about 163k saved. We are finished in Nigeria.
Check well 188k ilwas fir 2019 budget. 2022 budget is 3.2 million per driver

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar: I Will Declare My Presidential Ambition In Due Time / Buba Galadima: I Supported Kwankwaso In 201 Because He Is Better Than Buhari / EndSARS: Okowa Creates 8 Man Commitee To Investigate Cases Of Police Brutality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.