Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defence? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defence? (590 Views)

Adeboye: Christians Don’t Need Guns For Self-Defence / Bishop Oyedepo: "Self Defence Is Entrenched In The Constitution" / Is It A Sin To Drop Empty Envelope In Offering Box? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defence? by officialmario(m): 4:38pm On Nov 14, 2021
In our Sunday school today, a church member narrated how are thief had come to steal his goat in the midnight, and he was able to attack the guy who came with cutlass, but the guy was opportuned to escape while he was chasing him with stick.
There was this question he ask the pastor that if he had the chance to kill the guy, and that is it a sin against God?

I was the first to answer him and said you can kill in self defence, if someone is trying to take your life, and you have the chance to kill that person, it is never a sin to God.

I had want the whole house to shed more light on this.
Should we kill in self defence
Righteousness2 jesusjnr and others over to you

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defence? by Ammishaddai: 4:55pm On Nov 14, 2021
Killing in self-defense isn't a sin, rather , see it as a way of protecting yourself and your loved ones from assault. Recall that in the old testament ,Esther (under the instructions of Ahaseurus ) charged the children of Israel to bear arms and protect themselves against their enemies in Sushan . In fact, the bible is littered with examples of self-defence . But this is my own perspective sha. So let me throw the floor open to others
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defence? by NarcissistKing(m): 5:07pm On Nov 14, 2021
That's manslaughter for all I care! You gonna end up in prison walls.
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defence? by chigoziri2403(m): 5:29pm On Nov 14, 2021
It is not
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defence? by Samfloxin(m): 5:53pm On Nov 14, 2021
NarcissistKing:
That's manslaughter for all I care! You gonna end up in prison walls.
Story for the gods. He should call Nigeria police for help abi?
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defence? by NarcissistKing(m): 5:55pm On Nov 14, 2021
Samfloxin:

Story for the gods. He should call Nigeria police for help abi?

I'm sure when he's killed someone, you won't be there to hire him an attorney.
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defence? by helinues: 5:58pm On Nov 14, 2021
Kill or be killed

There are some things that required common sense
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defence? by Kobojunkie: 6:17pm On Nov 14, 2021
officialmario:

There was this question he ask the pastor that if he had the chance to kill the guy, and that is it a sin against God?

I was the first to answer him and said you can kill in self defence, if someone is trying to take your life, and you have the chance to kill that person, it is never a sin to God.
Yes! It is a sin to kill in defense of self.. undecided
38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.’[i]
39 But I tell you, don’t fight back against someone who wants to do harm to you. If they hit you on the right cheek, let them hit the other cheek too.
40 If anyone wants to sue you in court and take your shirt, let them have your coat too.
41 If a soldier forces you to walk with him one mile,[j] go with him two.
42 Give to anyone who asks you for something. Don’t refuse to give to anyone who wants to borrow from you.
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[k] and hate your enemy.’
44 But I tell you, love your enemies. Pray for those who treat you badly.
45 If you do this, you will be children who are truly like your Father in heaven. He lets the sun rise for all people, whether they are good or bad. He sends rain to those who do right and to those who do wrong.
46 If you love only those who love you, why should you get a reward for that? Even the tax collectors do that.
47 And if you are nice only to your friends, you are no better than anyone else. Even the people who don’t know God are nice to their friends.
48 What I am saying is that you must be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

Jesus Christ taught this to men 2000 years ago! undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defence? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:39pm On Nov 14, 2021
officialmario:
In our Sunday school today, a church member narrated how are thief had come to steal his goat in the midnight, and he was able to attack the guy who came with cutlass, but the guy was opportuned to escape while he was chasing him with stick.

I had want the whole house to shed more light on this.
Should we kill in self defence
Righteousness2 jesusjnr and others over to you

This is not exactly self defence for he was trying to steal a goat.

However, because he is armed, YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO BE ARMED ALSO.

Then if he acts in a threatening manner, SELF-DEFENCE HAS ARISEN.

SO IF YOU CUT HIM DOWN, THEN STOP AND CALL YOUR NEIGHBOURS.

ALSO, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO DEFEND YOUR PROPERTY AS PROVEN IN THE CASE OF ABRAHAM VS. 5 KINGS!
GOD'S LAW SAID "AT THE HAND OF EVERY MAN'S BROTHER WILL I REQUIRE THE LIFE OF MAN"

THE BAD THING IS THAT EVIL MEN HAVE ILLEGALLY MADE THEIR OWN FAKE UNJUST LAWS WHICH HAS PUT CONFUSION IN THE ORIGINAL GOD BACKED LAW.
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defence? by Hyperchi(m): 9:09pm On Nov 14, 2021
no need to answer u, whatever u do is the best decision

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why You Should Not Be Alive As A christian According To The Bible / Why It Is Mandatory For Every True Christian To Attend Church!! / Sex Outside Marriage Is Very Dangerous

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.