Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,137 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Gumi: Bandits Should Be Adequately Compensated With Enough Money & Lands - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gumi: Bandits Should Be Adequately Compensated With Enough Money & Lands (19611 Views)

Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere / Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe / Ekiti Election: Helicopter With Money Lands In Government House -The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gumi: Bandits Should Be Adequately Compensated With Enough Money & Lands by nairalandankrah: 6:20pm On Nov 14, 2021
Islamic cleric Ahmad Gumi says bandits have refused to end hostilities against the Nigerian government because they were not given land and “enough money”.

Mr Gumi said past attempts “to broker peace” with the bandits failed because they were not compensated “with lands or cattle or money big enough to help halt hostilities.”

He added that sometimes the government would “just give them (bandits) a million or two million and get their weapons without even looking at how they survive.”

In a live stream on his Facebook page, the FG-appointed mediator for bandits said only religion can be used to pacify them to embrace peace.

Contrary to Mr Gumi’s stance, Katsina Governor Aminu Masari, openly admitting that Fulanis are the bandits killing and kidnapping Nigerians, said they don’t deserve amnesty.

https://gazettengr.com/bandits-require-money-land-compensation-to-stop-killings-sheikh-gumi/

Re: Gumi: Bandits Should Be Adequately Compensated With Enough Money & Lands by Ammishaddai: 6:24pm On Nov 14, 2021
The spiritual leader of bandits hasn't done much in giving us this revelation. In fact, the bandits had this agreement with the APC government in 2015 .

108 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gumi: Bandits Should Be Adequately Compensated With Enough Money & Lands by Blaqstick: 6:25pm On Nov 14, 2021
Ahh gunmi

3 Likes

Re: Gumi: Bandits Should Be Adequately Compensated With Enough Money & Lands by Eriokanmi: 6:28pm On Nov 14, 2021
They'd never see anything bad in the trash this guy has been spewing for months and his empathy on bandits. Na Sunday Igboho be their wahala. The guy wey no kill ordinary ant.

114 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gumi: Bandits Should Be Adequately Compensated With Enough Money & Lands by DawnStudios(m): 6:29pm On Nov 14, 2021
Wahala
Get an industry standard, custom and eye-catching 3D animation to advertise and promote your business this Xmas.
You have a script that you would love to see as a high quality animation?
You've got the right person for the job.
Hit me up on whatsapp with the number on my signature.
Click on my profile for a nairaland link to my portfolio.

2 Likes

Re: Gumi: Bandits Should Be Adequately Compensated With Enough Money & Lands by nairalander2020(m): 6:35pm On Nov 14, 2021
Sheikh gumi is terrorist sympathizer

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gumi: Bandits Should Be Adequately Compensated With Enough Money & Lands by GreatBoss: 6:43pm On Nov 14, 2021
God bless the Ijaw Republic.
God bless our hero General Ditari.
Ijaw Republic our home.

11 Likes

Re: Gumi: Bandits Should Be Adequately Compensated With Enough Money & Lands by Sammy07: 6:44pm On Nov 14, 2021
[s]
nairalandankrah:
Islamic cleric Ahmad Gumi says bandits have refused to end hostilities against the Nigerian government because they were not given land and “enough money”.

Mr Gumi said past attempts “to broker peace” with the bandits failed because they were not compensated “with lands or cattle or money big enough to help halt hostilities.”

He added that sometimes the government would “just give them (bandits) a million or two million and get their weapons without even looking at how they survive.”

In a live stream on his Facebook page, the FG-appointed mediator for bandits said only religion can be used to pacify them to embrace peace.

Contrary to Mr Gumi’s stance, Katsina Governor Aminu Masari, openly admitting that Fulanis are the bandits killing and kidnapping Nigerians, said they don’t deserve amnesty.

https://gazettengr.com/bandits-require-money-land-compensation-to-stop-killings-sheikh-gumi/
[/s]

THERE ARE ENOUGH LANDS IN NORTHERN NIGERIA

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gumi: Bandits Should Be Adequately Compensated With Enough Money & Lands by Akwamkpuruamu: 6:49pm On Nov 14, 2021
Do they still need to ask for land, FG should give them sambisa naa

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gumi: Bandits Should Be Adequately Compensated With Enough Money & Lands by Segzy22: 6:50pm On Nov 14, 2021
Was Gumi high on Sambisa weeds?

9 Likes

Re: Gumi: Bandits Should Be Adequately Compensated With Enough Money & Lands by Think9ja(m): 6:51pm On Nov 14, 2021
Who is funding this Gumi guy?

24 Likes

Re: Gumi: Bandits Should Be Adequately Compensated With Enough Money & Lands by Segzy22: 6:52pm On Nov 14, 2021
Think9ja:
Who is funding this Gumi guy?

4 Likes

Re: Gumi: Bandits Should Be Adequately Compensated With Enough Money & Lands by vedaxcool(m): 6:54pm On Nov 14, 2021
[s]
Ammishaddai:
The spiritual leader of bandits hasn't done much in giving us this revelation. In fact, the bandits had this agreement with the APC government in 2015 .
[/s]

Lies without basis!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gumi: Bandits Should Be Adequately Compensated With Enough Money & Lands by Golan007: 6:56pm On Nov 14, 2021

1 Like

Re: Gumi: Bandits Should Be Adequately Compensated With Enough Money & Lands by Ammishaddai: 7:03pm On Nov 14, 2021
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Lies without basis!
Gumi is just revealing what the APC concealed from the public since 2015. So if you like , continue deceiving yourself. Sooner or later, the bandits will start kidnapping your family members.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gumi: Bandits Should Be Adequately Compensated With Enough Money & Lands by ba7man(m): 7:07pm On Nov 14, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Gumi is just revealing what the APC concealed from the public since 2015. So if you like , continue deceiving yourself. Sooner or later, the bandits will start kidnapping your family members.
Stop smoking meth.

Your drug induced delusions will never be facts no matter how many times you repeat it.

@Topic; Someone needs to tie this Gumi up and shave his beard before beating the daylight out of him.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gumi: Bandits Should Be Adequately Compensated With Enough Money & Lands by Ammishaddai: 7:09pm On Nov 14, 2021
[s]
ba7man:
Stop smoking meth.

Your drug induced delusions will never be facts no matter how many times you repeat it.

@Topic; Someone needs to tie this Gumi up and shave his beard before beating the daylight out of him.
[/s]I'm not going to parade facts in front of people who see black and call it white . But mark my words, your family members will be victims of banditry very soon .

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gumi: Bandits Should Be Adequately Compensated With Enough Money & Lands by ba7man(m): 7:11pm On Nov 14, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s]I'm not going to parade facts in front of people who see black and call it white . But mark my words, your family members will be victims of banditry very soon .
Come back when the drugs have cleared from your head. undecided

Your own Black and White is effect of the drugs working on your brain.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gumi: Bandits Should Be Adequately Compensated With Enough Money & Lands by Ammishaddai: 7:12pm On Nov 14, 2021
[s]
ba7man:
Come back when the drugs have cleared from your head. undecided

Your own Black and White is effect of the drugs working on your brain.
[/s] Just get ready to pay ransom sha...

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gumi: Bandits Should Be Adequately Compensated With Enough Money & Lands by ba7man(m): 7:13pm On Nov 14, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] Just get ready to pay ransom sha...
meth dey worry your brain.

It's the drugs talking, not you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gumi: Bandits Should Be Adequately Compensated With Enough Money & Lands by xelly: 7:18pm On Nov 14, 2021
Said by the spokes person of APC and Bandit. If FG is not sponsoring terrorist as said by GATE, why is this man not in Jail?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gumi: Bandits Should Be Adequately Compensated With Enough Money & Lands by dalass(f): 5:47am On Nov 15, 2021
nairalandankrah:

yaba left patient

Religious beliefs have skewed his thinking... Anyone that believed in jihad and dividing spoils of war in this age should be hospitalized and treated for brain damage
Re: Gumi: Bandits Should Be Adequately Compensated With Enough Money & Lands by ignis: 5:47am On Nov 15, 2021
Bandits should be moved to Aso Rock, they deserve executive treatment.

2 Likes

Re: Gumi: Bandits Should Be Adequately Compensated With Enough Money & Lands by Kokaine(m): 5:48am On Nov 15, 2021
Lol
Re: Gumi: Bandits Should Be Adequately Compensated With Enough Money & Lands by nairavsdollars(f): 5:48am On Nov 15, 2021
DSS has never invited this man...not even once

5 Likes

Re: Gumi: Bandits Should Be Adequately Compensated With Enough Money & Lands by Kennitrust(m): 5:48am On Nov 15, 2021
Hello
Re: Gumi: Bandits Should Be Adequately Compensated With Enough Money & Lands by illicit(m): 5:48am On Nov 15, 2021
If this is done

I will renounce my Nigerian citizenship and remain a yoruba man

2 Likes

Re: Gumi: Bandits Should Be Adequately Compensated With Enough Money & Lands by mainman7(m): 5:48am On Nov 15, 2021
Now, they are even in South that does not ancenstrally belong to them because Southerners are mostly their own enemies. The Major reason why the Northern Invaders have held Nigeria by the Jugular for so long is because many Southerners have yielded themselves to Satan as his tool to enslave, trap and destroy fellow Southerners. Have you ever seen any Northern Boborisky and others that misdirect their Youths Energy and Focus? For example, many wise NLanders know the guy below pretends to be a female with focused on spinning false but very emotional Stories that subconsciously Programs People to hate Marriage.
obembet:
At 23 I got married immediately after my first degree. Had my first kid at 24, got a master's degree in my area of study, yet without a job. My ex was doing well in his business and he carried all the financial responsibilities of our home while I shoulder all the manual work; ranging from cooking, laundry, cleaning, buying groceries, making sure that every bills are paid, school runs, etc. All he does is to provide the money to carry all of those. I'm all- must -be -tidy kind of person so I made sure to maintain that.

I'll make sure I keep the house clean, prepare his favorite meals which I do by following the meal time table cos he loves three different meals for each day. Most times he will come back with a different meal to be prepared for him after I must have made dinner. This must be accompanied with fruits or nuts to crack, extract, slice and serve. As this continued I became perplex and may complain but he never listened or appreciated all my efforts.

As years come by our population increased and I begged him to buy a washing machine. This is a no go area as he believes it makes one lazy. After much begging and no compliance for about two years I stopped washing his main clothes, but washed only his inner wears. I saved some money and got myself one. He was happy I did so and gave me 25% of the amount I bought it. I later learnt that that was a bribe to start washing his clothes again. All my married life I never had a full house help. His relatives will come, stay for some time and leave. Even while they're still around I prefer to do some things myself for some reasons.

Now this is my round the clock non paid job from from year to year. I'll wake up by 4:00 am to prepare children's snacks or meal for school, wake everyone up by 5:00 am for morning prayers, bath the children and at the same time have clothes rolling in the machine while breakfast sits on fire simultaneously. By 7:15 am I'm with the children on the road to school. Keeps them at school and gets back home to continue the outstanding works. I may come back to meet ex still sleeping or brushing his teeth. I will serve breakfast, help him choose his day wear and most times look for one document or car keys.

I tried to get a teaching job which can help me continue my “rat race” at home. None of them lasted for more than four months, reasons I couldn't figure out till today cos I believe I'm very good at that.

By the time I could say “ehee, time to rest” it's already 3 to 4 pm, time to get the children back from school. Preparing dinner, helping in homework, correcting complains from teachers if there's any, bathing and feeding them. Sometimes I still find time to play and tell stories with the kids. I buy everybody's wears including ex's, especially during festive periods. I guess that's the only time I have to get new things for myself. It never bothered me cos I'm happy putting smiles in the faces of people around me. I'm always preparing home-made groceries cos I'm good at most of them.

I could remember vividly a friend advising me on improving in my outward appearance which I gave little attention to.

By the time I'll retire to bed, it's already 11 or 12:00 midnight. And so it continues.

I never received any form of appreciation; either in kind or in cash. And to worsen it all, he became so abusive; verbally, physically, emotionally and would complain and blame me in every misfortune of his life. Life was so terrible living with him. Yet, I did not complain until he pushed me out and finally left.

Most times we focus all our energy into building our homes, that is wonderful, thereby neglecting ourselves which should come first, it's not being selfish. I celebrate every member of my family every year but I was never celebrated for the thirteen years we lived together. After reading a book, “what kids need most in a mom” by a retired white nurse; Patricia Standforth, I started changing my status but things have started going sour in my marriage and I was kicked out by hubby. He got a nullification note from the church, refused me access to the children, etc. Though I'm working towards getting a civil divorce from the court.

It's been two years now and alot of people could not believe it when they meet me, as a mother of five who's so young looking, energetic and sophisticated. I've got a lot of space and time to travel, learn new things, meet new friends and recently working towards getting an MBA.

And more importantly, I wouldn't want to be seen where I was left.

Edited : Obembet
My Response to the ediot on Saturday:

cool I knew it! All the intelligent Ones still on NL have observed your style too. I only checked the Name after reading and I was like yeah, I knew it! It's Obembet the Satanist again! Ever subtly programming minds of the gullible ones among Nairalanders against Marriage, God and anything godly. I Testify of you that over the years, you have planted seed of demonic deception and hatred for Marriage in the hearts of gullible young ones on Nairaland, you have sold many Souls into Demonic eternal Trap/Bondage by encouraging many to have multiple Sex-partners instead of settling down in Marriage, you have captured many Souls into Homosexuality for Satan your father, etc. You have truly faithfully served the purpose of Satan your father and captured unguarded Souls for him here on Nairaland. Yes, you have enjoyed your earthly rewards from Satan even at the expense of your Eternal Soul! However, I Announce to you on this Day: Saturday 13TH, November 2021 the Sabbath Day of our CREATOR that your End is no more Near, your End is Here already! For it is written that "you that led to Captivity for Satan shall surely become a Captive too!" The CREATOR of Humanity is about to Reward you according to the Destinies that you have slaughtered through subtle demonization of Marriage, popularization of Immortality and deceptive Dignification of Immoral Lifestyle!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gumi: Bandits Should Be Adequately Compensated With Enough Money & Lands by xpressionx(m): 5:49am On Nov 15, 2021
I hereby volunteer myself to go and deck Gumi better uppercut if everyone is afraid to do it.
His madness haf do.

Just imagine if Gumi was from the South,by now DSS must have grilled him like dem mama grilling dead vulture

1 Like

Re: Gumi: Bandits Should Be Adequately Compensated With Enough Money & Lands by ednut1(m): 5:49am On Nov 15, 2021
This man is a bastard

3 Likes

Re: Gumi: Bandits Should Be Adequately Compensated With Enough Money & Lands by odurombi: 5:49am On Nov 15, 2021
nairalandankrah:

I wonder why this self-appointed spokesperson of bandits in the country isn't the guest of NIA and DSS.

2 Likes

Re: Gumi: Bandits Should Be Adequately Compensated With Enough Money & Lands by obembet(f): 5:49am On Nov 15, 2021
Gumi is right, lives of those bandit is more important than army and innocent citizens.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yusuf Obi-Datti: Motives Behind EndSARS Seem Political / How FG Can Stop Killings In Plateau, Others — Atiku / How Justice Ademola, Wife Collected N597m Bribe - FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.