Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,246 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

FG Proposed Meter Price Takes Effect From Tomorrow - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Proposed Meter Price Takes Effect From Tomorrow (23353 Views)

Gas, Meter Price Hike: FG, NERC Pushing Nigerians To The Wall – Gani Adams / FG Proposed ₦15 Trillion Infrastructure Fund / Ebonyi Rejects FG's Proposed Cattle Ranching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Proposed Meter Price Takes Effect From Tomorrow by postbox: 7:25pm On Nov 14, 2021
The new prices of Prepaid Meter, according to the circular, will take effect from tomorrow, November 15.

The federal government has increased the prices of both single-phase and three-phase prepaid electricity meters as announced by the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission in a circular seen by Brandspur.

The circular titled ‘Review of the unit price of end-use meters under the Meter Asset Provider and National Mass Metering Regulations’ was addressed to managing directors, all electricity distribution companies and all meter asset providers.

The commission said the upward review of meter prices is due to “the recent changes in macro-economic parameters.”

In the document, the regulator raised the price of a single-phase meter from the current cost of N44,896.17 to a revised price of N58,661.69.

It also increased the price of a three-phase meter from the current cost of N82,855.19 to a revised rate of N109,684.36.

“In arriving at the approved unit price, the Commission had, in particular, only considered changes in foreign exchange and inflation since the last review of June 2020,” the circular reads.

“This price review is subject to change upon the conclusion of the procurement process under phase 1 of the National Mass Metering Program. This price review is effective from 15th November 2021.”

The NERC noted that all costs are exclusive of value-added tax (VAT).

This implies that consumers will pay more than the stipulated prices to procure the meters from electricity distribution companies (DisCos).

At the current VAT rate of 7.5 percent, a single meter will cost an additional N4,400 to sell at N63,061.69, while a three-phase meter will cost an extra VAT of N8,227 to sell for N117,911.36.
https://brandspurng.com/2021/11/14/fg-proposed-meter-price-takes-effect-from-tomorrow/

1 Like

Re: FG Proposed Meter Price Takes Effect From Tomorrow by Moferere: 7:34pm On Nov 14, 2021
APC
All
Promises
Cancelled

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Proposed Meter Price Takes Effect From Tomorrow by Jostoman: 7:35pm On Nov 14, 2021
I just don't know why God decided to send APC and this present government to come and punish Nigerians. I hope all Nigerians both Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba are now enjoying their change and next Level?

40 Likes

Re: FG Proposed Meter Price Takes Effect From Tomorrow by Ammishaddai: 7:38pm On Nov 14, 2021
I've never seen a country like Nigeria that intentionally frustrates its citizens through cruel policies and unnecessary tariffs

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Proposed Meter Price Takes Effect From Tomorrow by sammybest889(m): 7:41pm On Nov 14, 2021
*****TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN*****

abeg op if dis story is true

I want to say e no getter 4 dis our leaders
haba we never settle d rise in food stuff and other commodities especially gas

now na electricity

na Ogun go kill this our wicked leader in the name of Allah and Jesus christ

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Proposed Meter Price Takes Effect From Tomorrow by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:44pm On Nov 14, 2021
I hope Buharists are not included in this price hike of prepaid meters??

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Proposed Meter Price Takes Effect From Tomorrow by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 14, 2021
Chai..

I blame Buhari for this.

It is well oo...
Sai Baba till eternity
#Zoogeria
Re: FG Proposed Meter Price Takes Effect From Tomorrow by DICKstractor: 1:07am On Nov 15, 2021
undecided

BMC are very lucky people. I heard they will be paying lower in every thing

They are given a special identity card. When the go to buy gas, the flash it on the face of the operator like when an FBI agent shows you his barge. The gas operator immediately sell for them on a special price

Same goes for when they go to buy foodstuff, or when nepa come for their bill

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Proposed Meter Price Takes Effect From Tomorrow by inoki247: 6:03am On Nov 15, 2021
Anything sufferness takes effect immediately...

it seems this Government want to make sure sufferness goes round laik rollercoaster..

8 Likes

Re: FG Proposed Meter Price Takes Effect From Tomorrow by ignis: 6:04am On Nov 15, 2021
This country is just finished.

3 Likes

Re: FG Proposed Meter Price Takes Effect From Tomorrow by Thunderfayayou: 6:04am On Nov 15, 2021

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Proposed Meter Price Takes Effect From Tomorrow by tony0806: 6:04am On Nov 15, 2021
I hear
Re: FG Proposed Meter Price Takes Effect From Tomorrow by condralbedez: 6:06am On Nov 15, 2021
DICKstractor:
undecided

BMC are very lucky people. I heard they will be paying lower in every thing
Don't mind them.bunch of Zone Bs,am happy that they are feeling the hit too.You won't see that suya man comment on this kind post oh

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Proposed Meter Price Takes Effect From Tomorrow by ayenale1(m): 6:06am On Nov 15, 2021
Nigeria's punishments signed and sealed...

2 Likes

Re: FG Proposed Meter Price Takes Effect From Tomorrow by mactoni91(m): 6:06am On Nov 15, 2021
Inflation here and there...

Salary still remains constant.

Any biz Ideas 1m can execute in this present Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: FG Proposed Meter Price Takes Effect From Tomorrow by GlorifiedTunde(m): 6:07am On Nov 15, 2021
And nothing is going to happen?

Just like that?

Walahi I predict an #Endsars2 and this time it's going to be bloody for FG!

When you push people to the wall, you better be ready for what comes next!!?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Proposed Meter Price Takes Effect From Tomorrow by OssyMalik: 6:07am On Nov 15, 2021
Buhari is synonymous to disaster. 2023 is still far to endure this wicked man.

God who did we offend?

7 Likes

Re: FG Proposed Meter Price Takes Effect From Tomorrow by ayenale1(m): 6:07am On Nov 15, 2021
New fuel regime in 2022...walahi this is too much o...God why?

1 Like

Re: FG Proposed Meter Price Takes Effect From Tomorrow by openmine(m): 6:08am On Nov 15, 2021
You are increasing the meter price when the power supply is not available!
Shey FG said the meter was free!

4 Likes

Re: FG Proposed Meter Price Takes Effect From Tomorrow by gaetano: 6:08am On Nov 15, 2021
Jostoman:
I just don't know why God decided to send APC and this present government to come and punish Nigerians. I hope all Nigerians both Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba are now enjoying their change and next Level?

God didn't do shị́t, Nigerians and their tribal politics did. People from a particular section � the country said any other option at that point was was better than Jona.

6 Likes

Re: FG Proposed Meter Price Takes Effect From Tomorrow by StagethemTVee: 6:08am On Nov 15, 2021
Last time the government said it was free.

6 Likes

Re: FG Proposed Meter Price Takes Effect From Tomorrow by condralbedez: 6:10am On Nov 15, 2021
cry
And one stupid Zone B was asking me what has my State Governor done to allivate the poor masses,are you to blame the state Governors now?when the FG keep making things hard for her people.

3 Likes

Re: FG Proposed Meter Price Takes Effect From Tomorrow by Brushstrokes20: 6:16am On Nov 15, 2021
It's their way!

Satanic govt of self serving THIEVES AND BLOODTHIRSTY TERRORISTS! undecided

What Buhari cannot destroy does not exist!

2 Likes

Re: FG Proposed Meter Price Takes Effect From Tomorrow by rokoto1986(m): 6:17am On Nov 15, 2021
I don't think that there is anything on earth that is of more wickedness than this government. God must reward all those involve in packaging for us this evil
They must be rewarded in their own cup

2 Likes

Re: FG Proposed Meter Price Takes Effect From Tomorrow by Cj4charles(m): 6:17am On Nov 15, 2021
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Proposed Meter Price Takes Effect From Tomorrow by sammyj: 6:17am On Nov 15, 2021
I am expecting FG to increase power, GAS, and petroleum by 1000% in order to wake the people up!! sad sad

1 Like

Re: FG Proposed Meter Price Takes Effect From Tomorrow by odaniel1(m): 6:18am On Nov 15, 2021
[/b]“In arriving at the approved unit price, the Commission had, in particular, only considered changes in foreign exchange and inflation since the last review of June 2020,” [b]

Clowns!

How far off is the inflation rate of 2020 to 2021 that they have to make such a change soonest?
We are so greedy & selfish in this country that if you leave some of us, we’d prefer to continue experiencing inflation with the resolve to scale prices higher and rake in more profit forgetting it affects us in the long run.
“The perfect economy is one that supports the wealth of a varied majority over a given few..” -Aesop
Re: FG Proposed Meter Price Takes Effect From Tomorrow by paskal16: 6:20am On Nov 15, 2021
The country we live in

1 Like

Re: FG Proposed Meter Price Takes Effect From Tomorrow by Prenonjebose: 6:24am On Nov 15, 2021
Most of the DISCOs are not interested in this new development. They prefer the existing regime of estimated bills. They are really cashing out on the people
Re: FG Proposed Meter Price Takes Effect From Tomorrow by Isobug: 6:28am On Nov 15, 2021
And some people are still brazing up to vote these set of cruel characters once again, I pity them. Today Tinubu, Tomorrow Osinbajo, next Tomorrow Malami. It can only get worse in Nigeria except they do something drastic by looking for a young modern brain

1 Like

Re: FG Proposed Meter Price Takes Effect From Tomorrow by sylve11: 6:36am On Nov 15, 2021
Very funny country.... grin cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pa Fasoranti: Afenifere Has Endorsed Bola Tinubu (Video) / Ajuji Waziri Is Dead (Farida Waziri's Husband) / Tinubu: If My VP Steps Down Within INEC Timeframe, It Is Legal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.