Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,822 members, 7,844,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Should I Resume Work Or Clear my Name (serious Advice only) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Resume Work Or Clear my Name (serious Advice only) (537 Views)

State Government Work Or Bank Job / Bank Work Or Bolt Driver? / Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Resume Work Or Clear my Name (serious Advice only) by OnlineAmebo: 4:44am On Nov 15, 2021
Hello Guys
Its over a week since this incident happened and i have been licking the wounds all by myself, because of shame.

I will try and be as brief as possible

I have been working in a fast food for about 2 months now, and its not been easy. I have endured aggressive behavior from my colleagues who see me as a rival.

Last week i was summoned and confronted wiith allegations from two other employees that i work with on the counter.
I was in awe as they read the letters where the two ladies described how i stole money from the cash point counter.

Now its quite understandable the intention of one of these ladies because we have had several cpashes before, but the allegation from the other lady came as a suprise.

I plead my innocence and it fell in deaf ears, the next day at work i was moved to another department, however i was clearly distraught.

I asked for a break and it wasnt acknowledged, i insisted and got suspended for a week without pay..

I am supposed to resume soon, but nothing has changed. Its like an open sore and i have thought about several ways out of this

Pls i care less about keeping this job, i am more concerned about clearing my name.

Ps. Too broke for a lawyer
Re: Should I Resume Work Or Clear my Name (serious Advice only) by lomprico(m): 4:51am On Nov 15, 2021
how do u intend clearing your name?
Re: Should I Resume Work Or Clear my Name (serious Advice only) by OnlineAmebo: 4:54am On Nov 15, 2021
lomprico:
how do u intend clearing your name?

I dont mind involving police or going traditional.
I have a christain background but i believe very much in potency of oaths
Re: Should I Resume Work Or Clear my Name (serious Advice only) by lomprico(m): 5:02am On Nov 15, 2021
OnlineAmebo:

I dont mind involving police or going traditional.
I have a christain background but i believe very much in potency of oaths

why not meet your boss in person and tell him the ladies conspired against you. suggest to him to install cctv that captures what happens within the counter.

I think the ladies do what they accused u of and want you off that post.

on the contrary, if you really careless about the job, I suggest you quit. going through all that for me it's not worth it. your peace of mind/sanity matters more.
Re: Should I Resume Work Or Clear my Name (serious Advice only) by OnlineAmebo: 5:11am On Nov 15, 2021
lomprico:

why not meet your boss in person and tell him the ladies conspired against you. suggest to him to install cctv that captures what happens within the counter.

I think the ladies do what they accused u of and want you off that post.

Apparently there are cameras but they never bothered reviewing it

I told my boss and he said
"ONLy God knows what happened"

Which gets me more upset
Re: Should I Resume Work Or Clear my Name (serious Advice only) by houseontherock: 5:31am On Nov 15, 2021
How about you have a heart-to-hearttalk twith either of those ladies that accused you of stealing? But before taking any further steps, think deeply, think hard...Did they see something you thought no one saw? Are you sure you didn't 'mistakingly' keep something? Try to know what they hold. Talk to the people in charge of security camera, try and get video evidence of your innocence. If you are really determined to clear your name, visit your boss with all the information at your disposal. Whatever you do, try avoid police my brother...two against one may turn the case against you without any way of proving your innocence
Re: Should I Resume Work Or Clear my Name (serious Advice only) by Nobody: 5:35am On Nov 15, 2021
I would have suggested one bad stuff to you but that will be very Risky grin but first try and make friends with those girls at counter looks like you talk too much or argue with them avoid it and be mean
Re: Should I Resume Work Or Clear my Name (serious Advice only) by bottlewater1(m): 5:38am On Nov 15, 2021
My dear job is like a second house if you can't experience peace of mind try another method entirely or better still get another job but my fear is if you have learnt anything from this present situation so that it won't repeat itself
Perhaps what happened can be a blessing in disguise sha
Re: Should I Resume Work Or Clear my Name (serious Advice only) by Tokskob2008: 5:46am On Nov 15, 2021
Bonesbreaker:
I would have suggested one bad stuff to you but that will be very Risky grin but first try and make friends with those girls at counter looks like you talk too much or argue with them avoid it and be mean
Yeah you maybe right, I'm guessing he talks too much also.

Either that or he turned down those girls request because when girls give a guy green light and he constantly and consistently ignores them, then the next step is to fight and set him up..
Re: Should I Resume Work Or Clear my Name (serious Advice only) by meetme01: 5:46am On Nov 15, 2021
OnlineAmebo:
Apparently there are cameras but they never bothered reviewing it

I told my boss and he said
"ONLy God knows what happened"

Which gets me more upset

When women accuse you and nothing was done despite the CCTV,my brother, be very careful. They don't (the ladies) want you around. They realised, you can't be compromised hence the witty allegation.

The boss not willing to check the evidence shows, the ladies have compromised him and if he dire takes any action,they will nail him to the cross.

No matter how you try exonerating yourself, you might not win because it's like 5 against 1. You can pull through after many steps and convictions but at the latter, you will be sacked. Instead of that, let peace reign.

My brother, quit. ASAP. Better days ahead.
Re: Should I Resume Work Or Clear my Name (serious Advice only) by Boogyman557: 6:07am On Nov 15, 2021
Holly Gram cool amabobi na ur character cus am. na d way u take kip ur self at d 1st place. nobody de do Mr nice guy again oo, unless u no 1 survive or make am. E get waiting Dem de call correct GUY or GUY man, na waiting u de lack b dat. better resume work bcus as cuntree b now, e no easy to get job. I 4 advise u to trace wer Dem de always hang out. den use kala enter der and make Dem fear. I swear down, na Dem go confess d next day. but u no b dat kind pesin. so better jazz in ur work. WTF MAN
Re: Should I Resume Work Or Clear my Name (serious Advice only) by lereinter(m): 7:27am On Nov 15, 2021
What do you mean by "they see you as rival"

Are they the pikin of the company owner

Abi they want to be stealing and you don't want

It seems you too is doing so much coldness

report them to police, that won't cost you much
Re: Should I Resume Work Or Clear my Name (serious Advice only) by OnlineAmebo: 7:42am On Nov 15, 2021
houseontherock:
How about you have a heart-to-hearttalk twith either of those ladies that accused you of stealing? But before taking any further steps, think deeply, think hard...[b]Did they see something you thought no one saw? Are you sure you didn't 'mistakingly' keep something? Try to know what they hold. [/b]Talk to the people in charge of security camera, try and get video evidence of your innocence. If you are really determined to clear your name, visit your boss with all the information at your disposal. Whatever you do, try avoid police my brother...two against one may turn the case against you without any way of proving your innocence
AGAIN NO SUCH INCIDENT Ever happened
Re: Should I Resume Work Or Clear my Name (serious Advice only) by OnlineAmebo: 7:47am On Nov 15, 2021
I have on occasion questioned malpractices at the counter, ive clashed with one of them who has been there long time and trying to boss me
lereinter:

What do you mean by "they see you as rival"

Are they the pikin of the company owner

Abi they want to be stealing and you don't want

It seems you too is doing so much coldness

report them to police, that won't cost you much

(1) (Reply)

Advice Needed / Which Country Can I Relocate To With My Skills / Please Is Heritage Polytechnic In Akwa Ibom State A Good School?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.