Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,385 members, 7,853,721 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:28 PM

! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / ! (731 Views)

Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? / Dear Black Man, It's Okay To Want The Best For Yourself. / Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

! by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 15, 2021
Re: ! by Ammishaddai: 12:23pm On Nov 15, 2021
Bros, many Christians are so heavenly conscious that they are of no earthly value, which is why they are often mocked by unbelievers who say "where is your God in your poverty ?" . Another thing that also hinders these "prayering Christians " is that they don't acknowledge the thin line existing between riches and religion ,which happens to be hardwork and diligence . This is quite unfortunate ,and I pray that God will open their eyes to see things in the light of these revelations. But as for you, don't use your parents as a yardstick to hate prayers ; rather combine prayers with hardwork and see the wonders God will do in your life . And lastly, you should start applying yourself to being independent by creating your own business, because that's the only way you can be financially free to live life on your own terms

1 Like

Re: ! by Sonnobax15(m): 12:25pm On Nov 15, 2021
grin
Poverty na one thing wey I dey pray so hard to escape from for this my life undecided
Re: ! by chatinent: 12:27pm On Nov 15, 2021
It is not.

Poverty is the root of all evil.
Re: ! by nifemi25(m): 12:30pm On Nov 15, 2021
Don't be faster than your shadow. What will be will surely be... Everything in life deserve prayer. Don't hate prayer simply because the result isn't instant ...

1 Like

Re: ! by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 15, 2021
chatinent:
It is not.

Poverty is the root of all evil.
My pastors do say "Money is the root of all evil" I think it's in the bible too. But I get your gist grin
Re: ! by chatinent: 12:36pm On Nov 15, 2021
Depepper:

My pastors do say "Money is the root of all evil" I think it's in the bible too. But I get your gist grin

Umu obiligbo.
Re: ! by Nobody: 1:52pm On Nov 15, 2021
Depepper:

Money isn't the the root of all evil, it's the "love" for money that is the root of all evil...

If money was evil...
Then God wouldn't have given us power to make wealth... His wish in scriptures wouldn't have been for us to be prosperous and be in good health...

Well...
That's by the way...

OP...
First to answer your question, yes, it is bad to be poor!!!
You may have had it bad in life, buh if you work hard and smart, you can still make it...

There are tales of people who were born in a very poor family and yet they changed their story.... I agree that stories like that are few as compared to the majority and some may argue that those stories are mostly applicable to the whites, but the fact still remains that there is a reward for smart work and hardworking and that reward amongst others is WEALTH...

Yes the process maybe a very slow and painful one, buh if you keep pushing, you'll definitely change your story...

Stay focused!!!!

1 Like

Re: ! by Kobojunkie: 4:34pm On Nov 15, 2021
Depepper:

Wrong! The love of money, not money itself, is the root of all evil. undecided
If you reason it though, that ain't factual either. undecided
Re: ! by NarcissistKing(m): 7:12pm On Nov 15, 2021
No, being poor is the most horrible thing that could happen to someone.
Re: ! by yemmit90: 8:11pm On Nov 15, 2021
Yes, it is very bad to be poor. A poor man is a living dead.

Meanwhile, one thing I have realised in the world is that, prayers dont work but only what you do with your God giving time and resources. What I meant by "resources" is not really material possessions but your innate ability. The power to be successful lies solely on you, and nobody can do that for you but yourself. Even if you were born into wealth, there is a limit to how far you could go in life withiout finding your own path.

@op, now that you are still young, you have every chance to be successful, all you need to do is to get lost and rediscover yourself. If your environment is limiting your chances, pick your bag and move to saner environments. Being educated is an added advantage to you, trust me within 5 years( with discipline) of wandering a strange land where you wont be ashamed of doing whatever you want, your success will surely locate you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Global Population Projected To Exceed 8 Billion In 2022; Half Live In Just 7 ... / Congrats to Myself I am getting pregnant before marriage / Tax In A Big Four Or Investment Banking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.