Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,542 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Minding Your Own Business: - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Minding Your Own Business: (753 Views)

Minding The Neighbour’s Business / Minding The Neighbour’s Business / Minding Your Own Business: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Minding Your Own Business: by marvelck: 4:28pm On Jun 07, 2011
"Minding Your Own Business", this reminds me of the incident that happened the other day, when an innocent woman was tongue lashed and almost beaten up by some ladies clad in suggestive attires, for voicing her displeasure and also daring to correct and advise them on how to dress decently in public. They even went as far as threatening to naked her and teach her the lesson of her life for questioning their way of dressing in this "modern time and age" You can imagine how the woman must have felt afterwards, simply because she was only trying to say what is right and what is wrong. Had it been she knew, she'd have just minded her business and looked the other way, just like the way most people in this part of the world, normally do whenever they see others doing bad things (minding their own business, I suppose). And that's why so many things are going wrong in our nation today, when vices are being promoted, appreciated and rewarded in some cases, more than virtues. as more and more people are getting corrupt and going scot- free or treated with kid gloves whenever they are apprehended, when perpetrators of evil, walk the streets free, daring you and I to point them out or apprehend them, and with our politicians, law makers and Government officials feeding fat on our treasury, while the masses wallop in object poverty. Simply because, nobody is doing anything to stop this rot and do the right thing. when bad things are allowed to continue, it will definitely become a normal thing, Please lets speak out and stop the rot in our society, before we all are consumed by it!
Re: Minding Your Own Business: by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 07, 2011
What people do, (people I don't know) and how they lead their life is non of my business.
Re: Minding Your Own Business: by Blazay(m): 6:15am On Jun 13, 2011
Haba!
Na today!

Like Nigeria, like Nairaland!

Never stop saying ya mind. . . if dem neeked you. . .piss for them mouths!

Abi dem nefa see toto bifor? wink

Who dey fear the riff-raffs! cheesy

Shikena! kiss
Re: Minding Your Own Business: by Outstrip(f): 8:25pm On Jun 13, 2011
The woman is simply as oversabi. What is her business in the way another human being decides to dress. She might not like it but cannot waalk up to a total stranger and speak to them about their choice of outfits. On the other hand I agree that there are some things that people should speak up about. You cannot see that a child is being abused and you turn a blind eye and say it is her mother and she will not kill her child. You see a man beating his wife half to death and you turn a blind eye because it is her cross to bear.

(1) (Reply)

How Will You Advice Him? / A Wasted Generation / How Many Kids Do Desire To Get And Sex??????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.