Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,800 members, 7,813,630 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

What Is T.a Orji Doing? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is T.a Orji Doing? (1231 Views)

Ex-Governor T.A Orji Booed In Abia - The Sun / "Crisis Looms In APC": Is T.B. Joshua's Prophecy Already Coming To Fulfilment? / Major Al Mustapha's First Port Of Call Is T.b. Joshua's Church [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is T.a Orji Doing? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 07, 2011
As can be seen in recent weeks just after the inauguration and swearing in of new office holders, a lot of progressive policies are being put forward to advance their various wards. But what exactly is theodore orji of abia state doing? We cant see any new policies on security, infrastructural development, sanitation, job creation, etc being put forward in the state. It seems to be business-as-usual in abia state. It seems abia state isnt going to see any progressive change as is seen in imo, lagos, oyo, osun, and other states in the country. Well, i hope to be out of this state asap.
Re: What Is T.a Orji Doing? by PROUDIGBO(m): 5:30pm On Jun 07, 2011
No right thinking person should be surprised that no new policy initiatives are coming from the Government of Abia state. They've 'WON' the elections and that's about it as far as they're concerned. We just have a bunch of loud-mouthed thugs holding the reins of government in that state.

Does anyone want to wager their mortgage on nothing much being acheived in Abia State 4 years from now? I've said that it would serve Abians right if -as expected- all they get from Orjis' 2nd term administration is 'motion without movement'. You don't get that positive/warm feeling you have about the future of states like Rivers; Lagos; Imo; Edo; Ogun and (recently for me) Anambra.

If after 4 years Abia state is repositioned to be amongst the top 3 economically viable states in Nigeria -as it should be- then i'll eat humble pie and tender an unreserved apology to Orji and his team. But i'm not holding my breath undecided.
Re: What Is T.a Orji Doing? by Mynd44: 8:08pm On Jun 07, 2011
^^^seconded
Re: What Is T.a Orji Doing? by friedrice1: 8:35pm On Jun 07, 2011
i thought TA said he would provide 15million jobs before the end of the year, why dont you guys wait and see him meet this promise.
in his first week he's already provided 150,000 jobs.
Re: What Is T.a Orji Doing? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 07, 2011
fried-rice:

i thought TA said he would provide 15million jobs before the end of the year, why dont you guys wait and see him meet this promise.
in his first week he's already provided 150,000 jobs.

i laff in almajiri. Where r the jobs? I dont think aba residents were in the picture, thats if there were any jobs created in the first place.
Re: What Is T.a Orji Doing? by friedrice1: 8:51pm On Jun 07, 2011
My guy, dey there,
Re: What Is T.a Orji Doing? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 07, 2011
^you sef dey there.
You have not answered my question. I live in aba so i know what im saying.
Re: What Is T.a Orji Doing? by friedrice1: 8:59pm On Jun 07, 2011
You live in Aba?? , sorry, people in Umuahia got the Jobs grin grin grin grin dey there.
Re: What Is T.a Orji Doing? by EzeUche1(m): 9:09pm On Jun 07, 2011
As long as T.A. Orji does not forget about Bende, I will not have a problem with him. He is going to focus on Umuahia, but he would be foolish to forget about Bende. We are not like the people of Aba. angry
Re: What Is T.a Orji Doing? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jun 07, 2011
fried-rice:

You live in Aba?? , sorry, people in Umuahia got the Jobs grin grin grin grin dey there.
that is called selective development and at the end, it turns out to be counter-productive, considering the strategic role aba plays in the state.
Re: What Is T.a Orji Doing? by kasiem(m): 9:22pm On Jun 07, 2011
What any astute business man in abia can do now is to explore the tendency of importing ships cos aba is fast turning into an ocean with deplorable state of roads.
Re: What Is T.a Orji Doing? by friedrice1: 9:24pm On Jun 07, 2011
pDude:

that is called selective development and at the end, it turns out to be counter-productive, considering the strategic role aba plays in the state.
Worry not my brother, he still has 14,850,000 hands to employ even though Abia State population is Just 3.5 million,
Re: What Is T.a Orji Doing? by nnajiobed: 6:50pm On Jul 13, 2011
I am aware that the governor has embarked on numerous life changing projects across Abia, Some Roads are being reconstructed, Houses are being built, revitalization of Golden Guinea is on process. I beg my fellow Abians to support the Governor as he strive to govern Abia well.
Re: What Is T.a Orji Doing? by jookco(m): 2:10am On Jul 14, 2011
EzeUche!:

As long as T.A. Orji does not forget about Bende, I will not have a problem with him. He is going to focus on Umuahia, but he would be foolish to forget about Bende. We are not like the people of Aba. angry

Ezeuche so you are my brother from Bende LGA?, my brother you dey give wahala for forum no be small.
Re: What Is T.a Orji Doing? by qualified(f): 11:43am On Jul 14, 2011
what else, but looting
Abia is yet to have a governor, or experience democracy!
Re: What Is T.a Orji Doing? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 14, 2011
did some1 jst asked wat T.A ORJI is dng? I learnt he is gone back to okija shrine to do his masters which will take him another 4years vn successfully completed his 1st degree there 4yrs ago.
Re: What Is T.a Orji Doing? by nnajiobed: 5:25pm On Aug 11, 2011
WELL DONE!

A QUIINTESSENTIAL LEADER WITH A VISSION, COMMITMENT AND DRIVE FOR RESTORING UNITY GENUINE RECONCILIATION IN ABIA STATE

I am emotionally touched to write this piece in order to congratulate you for your Charismatic quintessential Leadership of Abia State especially in your drive to bring about progress through genuine reconciliation of Abia Stake Holders, a major key to move Abia forward. Sincerely Abia has never had it this way since 1999. When one recalls the running battles that took place throughout the 2 Tenures of Former Governor Orji Uzor Kalu up to the 3 years of your first tenure, a period that was characterized by open feud, character assassination, mutual suspicion and slander of all sorts leading up to the death of some notable Abia Leaders.

It is Marvelous in our eyes to see how you have within a short period destroyed all those divisive tendencies and brought Abia to unity. It takes only a "God fearing man" and sincerity to achieve this, and for this "I SALUTE YOU". A vivid look into Abia State 1999-2010 presents a miserable picture, as it was marked with:
> A divided Executive. Orji Vs. Abaribe
> A divided Legislature, G17 Vs. others
> Ukwa Ngwa Vs. Old Bende
> Legislators Vs. Judiciary (Justice Amah must go) Lawyers Strike
> A divided Traditional Institution (Ndi Eze).
It was against this backdrop that I wrote my article published October 28, 2002 in the National News Leader Newspaper with the Caption:
TO MOVE ABIA FORWARD! PROPER RECONCILIATION BY STAKE HOLDERS IN ABIA.

Unfortunately the then Governor was only gambling with the issue using the electronic and print media to deceive the people. It therefore gladdens my heart to see this proposal of mine come through championed by your benevolent heart as a Destined Leader without radio propaganda you quietly achieved this. It is a truism that Justice is the most essential ingredient of lasting peace and there can be no evil in the search for love, as there can be no evil in a balanced universe, which is all-good.

During your campaign for re-election, you made it possible for men such as, Chief Onyema Ugochukwu, Arch. Chief Dan Nwankwo, Chief Tony Ukasoanya, Chief Vincent Ogbulafor, Senator Adolph Wagbara, Senator Enyi Abaribe Etc. to come together, this is the Lord's doing.
To cement this unity you have assembled them as your Advisors. May the good Lord continue to bless and guide you.
We wish you long life, peace of mind and endless joy as a peacemaker. To ensure that progress will ever follow you.
Congratulations your Excellency

Yours obediently
HON FELIX .C. UKA- IJERI
Re: What Is T.a Orji Doing? by nnajiobed: 5:34pm On Aug 11, 2011
A New Dawn!
ABIA, GOD'S OWN STATE
A SPEECH DELIVERED BY HIS EXCELLENCY, CHIEF T.A.ORJI (OCHENDO), GOVERNOR, ABIA STATE, ON THE OCCASION OF HIS FORMAL DECLARATION TO RUN FOR A SECOND TERM IN OFFICE AS GOVERNOR OF ABIA STATE, IN THE 2011 GENERAL ELECTION, EVENT HOLDING ON THE 21ST DECEMBER, 2010.
PROTOCOLS
MY GOOD PEOPLE OF ABIA STATE, DISTINGUISHED LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! I have the privilege and humility to come to you today, to formally declare my intention to run for a second term in office as the Governor of Abia State, under the banner of the People's Democratic Party (POP), in the coming 2011 General Election.
Our story and the story of Abia State in the past three and a half years of my first tenure in office, is a well-known story to all of you. It was the story of an honest man who joined the wrong gang. It was the story of a potential promising State that was truncated into a privatized Estate. It was the story of a privatized State that held its good rulers and its people in bondage and gagged them with impunity. It was a story that confirmed the truism that Evil only triumphs, when good people kept quiet. After all, it was the encouraging sounds of your voices THE GOOD PEOPLE OF ABIA STATE that finally broke the run of the evil story and the evil jinx. You said 'Never again!’ and I heard you loud and clear!
We all know that Evil rules with fear. For the period that those who privatized Abia State as their personal fiefdom, kept our people in bondage, they instigated terror, violence and insecurity, to keep Abians down and made life intolerable. It was that fear that created easy access to the pulse and purse of the State. Our Government was left to fight both bondage and insecurity in a vicious, endless circle. The result of that wasteful engagement is well known to all of us.
Now, with the Grace of the Almighty God, your wake-up support, and with the belief that all evils are temporary and will eventually succumb to the good will of the people, we have broken from the bondage and we are now free. All the good people of Abia are now free, and a new song is in the air. Abians are saying 'Never Again!’
And everything is suddenly turning around. THE NEW PHASE OF ABIA IS TRULY HERE. We are ready to do good and great things. My good people of Abia, you know I have seen it all. From the bottomless pit of a once privatized State, and now back to the peak of a free people, determined to recapture their fate and take their pride of place as a great State. Now, I too, am stronger and more dedicated to serve Abians, even better. I now ask you to use me as the new face of Abia, and in this new phase of Abia State's renaissance. As I formally announce to you my intention to seek a second term in office, I ask for your blessing. I ask for your full support. I ask for your votes to come back to office to fulfill my zeal to serve you.

In my second term in power, I pledge to run an inclusive government and lay
a solid foundation for a sustainable political, social and economic
development of Abia State. Indeed, we have started that process by
holding an Abia Economic Summit to articulate the sound basis for growth
and wealth creation for all Abians, and by reaching to all the great minds of
Abia origin, and winning their support to be a part of the new dispensation
in Abia State's development.
In my second term in office, we pledge to see Government and Governance as a relay race, where success does not end with one runner, but where each runner's good race, lays the solid block building foundation for the final success of the team. We will focus on moving away from the ad-hoc nature of the past, akin to performance under fear, and begin to lay a sound foundation for the future of Abia State, where every successive Government of the State merely adds it's valid quota.
Our action plan and program will return Abia State to the politics of purpose and focus on people and our environment. We will balance the realism of our people and their aspirations, with pragmatism in providing key development dividends that will touch the lives of the ordinary people. Our key programs for the next four years are already articulated in our 2011 Budget Presented to Abia State House of Assembly, for consideration.

I ask you to give me that rare opportunity of implementing that budget of liberation and restoration to Abia people. The days of the locust are certainly over.

My good people of Abia State, I pray to you to see it in your hearts to support my second term to office and you will experience the real Ochendo in action. We will first sustain the peace and security that has now come back to Abia, so all every Abians can dream and actualize their dreams in peace and freedom. And business, local, inter-state and foreign, can grow and thrive without fear and hindrance.

We will focus on employment creation, and empowerment for our people to get back to work and support themselves. With the liberalization of textile imports, we will support our traders to do the things they know best, and open up new opportunities for our unemployed youth.

My next Government will give priority to Agriculture as a linkage to job creation. We will provide avenues to assist real farmers financially and materially to enable them creates jobs and food sufficiency. We will return to the days of farm settlement policy, and create avenues for large-scale mechanized farmers to thrive.

We will focus on renewing our urban cities by expansion and creation of industrial parks, especially in the city of Aba. This will revive industrialization and create opportunities to tap the ingenuity of our artisans and small-scale industrialists in Aba and other areas
We will continue to focus on Education as a vital aspect of our development and as a key to social engineering of our people in a fast developing technological world. We will create specialized and modeled training for our Abia Polytechnic students to adequately prepare them to support the emerging small scale industries in Aba and other urban areas.

We have already started a policy of planning and building of all- weather dependable roads in both urban and rural areas, and this will be sustained in my second term in office. Our urban renewal drive in Aba and Umuahia will experience massive road network extensions, and desisting of drainages to check flooding of our cities.
We will focus on creating and tapping of the potentials of Abia State as a tourist State. We will encourage a public-private participation in the building of five star hotels in Aba and Umuahia to cater for expected new investors in the State. As a long-term plan, we will seek partnership with foreign concerns and the NDDC to dreg the Azumini- Akwete River to the status of a seaport, to encourage commerce and tourism.
ALL THESE PROGRAMS AND MORE, WE WILL EXECUTE IN MYSECONDTERM.

My good people of Abia State, together we have shamed the nameless and unjustified action of those whose main purpose in life was to privatize the common wealth of all Abians, and spread terror to disunite us. Abia State is now a common heritage for all Abians, and worthy of every single commitment we make there. It is time to
begin to convert the old retreat into advance. I seek your assurances that you will individually meet our liberation and renewed vigor to serve you better, with your understanding and encouragement of the support of Abia people. This is very essential for our victory in the coming General Election. I am convinced that you will see the reason to give support to my leadership for the second term as Governor of Abia State.

I am aware that Abians do not want change, just only for the sake of reclaiming their State patrimony from undemocratic forces and family usurpation, they also want vigorous action in addressing their vital needs in this new phase of our people's liberation. I will provide that vigor, discipline and direction. I only ask you to make me the present instrument of your wishes, by re-electing me as your Governor in 2011.

With your present support and encouragement, I certainly will not fail you.
God Bless Abia State. God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Uk Public Sector To Go On Strike From Wednesday 30th Nov. 2011 / United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities / Double Bomb Blast In Kaduna North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.