Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,563 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

What Is Agwù In Igbo Tradition? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is Agwù In Igbo Tradition? (9330 Views)

Igbo Priest Teaching Americans How To Sing In Igbo Language / Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition / Groomsmen In Igbo Traditional Attire Will Make Ladies Drool (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Agwù In Igbo Tradition? by jerflakes(m): 3:36pm On Nov 17, 2021
MiracleMe7:

You make sense, correct!
Those white people have slaved Africans for centuries, even till now.
I wish African leaders will unite and cut off from them with their borrowed money.
Someone told me that when you come to the church abroad you will not see white people there, the majority of people you will see in the church are blacks and few asians

The whites don't go to church, it's weird to them. That's why I'm always in support when royalboutique calls Jesus a dead white man and prophet Muhammad a dead white paedoplile. It sounds insulting but it's a fact.

1 Like

Re: What Is Agwù In Igbo Tradition? by MiracleMe7: 5:05pm On Nov 17, 2021
jerflakes:

The whites don't go to church, it's weird to them. That's why I'm always in support when royalboutique calls Jesus a dead white man and prophet Muhammad a dead white paedoplile. It sounds insulting but it's a fact.
Sir, i am not doubting you. But how do we know that Jesus is a white man? Who has seen Jesus?

Or have you fallen for the white man's deceit ideology that paints Jesus white and paints Satan black?

I don't believe whether Jesus is a white or a black man because nobody 1500 yrs ago has seen him while he was on the earth
Re: What Is Agwù In Igbo Tradition? by jerflakes(m): 6:46pm On Nov 17, 2021
MiracleMe7:

Sir, i am not doubting you. But how do we know that Jesus is a white man? Who has seen Jesus?

Or have you fallen for the white man's deceit ideology that paints Jesus white and paints Satan black?

I don't believe whether Jesus is a white or a black man because nobody 1500 yrs ago has seen him while he was on the earth

Well, the Christian bible storybook portrays Jesus as a white man. And besides, Jesus is not a native Nigerian name. So, I don't care about his race. I'd rather focus on my ancestors path. It worked well for them. So it must work well for me too.
Re: What Is Agwù In Igbo Tradition? by MRSAWEDOFF: 10:15pm On Nov 17, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgO886F5piU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8XyG-aVT1s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ds5_sk_iy4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGeWAOklF-E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex__6LcJr8E

Dance, décor, drumming, music, song, and costumes are essential components of any Igbo dramatic, religious, or secular performance, such as the Mmanwu/Masquerade festival.

When utilized together, these actions can be used as a medium, for the actors and or performers to communicate with their ancestors and summon spiritual energy.

Through dance and music, Igbo communities have passed on their traditions and heritage, as well as the narratives and metaphors that have bound their society together for centuries.

Masks are commonly utilized in dance and song performances, such as the Mmanwu festival festivities, to re-create and symbolize the spirit dancers' impersonation characters.

Masquerades and the acts that accompany them so reflect the community's history as well as the political, social, and economic forces that create its existence.

Almost all ancestral dances are masked/masquerade dances because they specify or depict the functions of ancestors that are not visible to people.
Re: What Is Agwù In Igbo Tradition? by MiracleMe7: 6:30pm On Nov 18, 2021
RoyalBoutique:

Typo.

I've corrected it.

I meant to say you "own" your Agwu, it's in you already.

Installing it is just recognizing it's presence in you.

If you give it a goat now, it doesn't mean you will always give it a goat.

Like I said befor, it depends on how happy you are with your progress in life.

The main things Agwu eats are : chicken, goats, cows and horses.

So it depends on your financial capacity at any given time.

It's pretty straightforward.
Hello Sir,
You have not reply my email for also for us to exchange contacts.

Again, I want to ask, is it in the village that agwu is installed or in the city where you live?

Thank you brother

My regards
Re: What Is Agwù In Igbo Tradition? by MiracleMe7: 11:22am On Nov 19, 2021
Good morning sir,

Sir I'm really missing you already, please answer me.
I want to discuss something to you privately.
I am planning to go see the man in Nnobi that installed agwu to you.

Please, tell me how will I reach you privately?
I have DM you, I guess you have not checked your email. Please check it abeg sir
Re: What Is Agwù In Igbo Tradition? by Truvelisback(m): 5:02pm On Nov 19, 2021
I'm still wondering abt this Agwu of a thing. Although, i am not an Igbo person, I thought Agwu is related to an animal like tiger or Lion. It's my first time hearing this.
Re: What Is Agwù In Igbo Tradition? by Truvelisback(m): 5:48pm On Nov 19, 2021
MiracleMe7:
What is Agwù in Igbo tradition? How can someone install his/her Agwù in their father's house?
Please I need to know this tradition it's very urgent.

Thank you!

Lalastical pls help me push this on the front page
Unfortunately, Nairaland MODERATORS most times brings post to front page based on POLITICS AND FAVOURITISM. If u are among their favourite members , ur post will come to Front Page, no matter how senseless ur post may be.
Re: What Is Agwù In Igbo Tradition? by MiracleMe7: 6:21pm On Nov 19, 2021
Truvelisback:
Unfortunately, Nairaland MODERATORS most times brings post to front page based on POLITICS AND FAVOURITISM. If u are among their favourite members , ur post will come to Front Page, no matter how senseless ur post may be.
But that is very unfair!
Look at a topic like this that suppose to be on the front page is being neglected.

That is the problem with Nigerians, any small position they will bring in favoritism and bribe before you could help.

A topic like this that many people could have learned a lot is being relegated because I am not their friends or tribe.

May God continue to bless all the moderators here especially lalasticala

1 Like

Re: What Is Agwù In Igbo Tradition? by Truvelisback(m): 6:35pm On Nov 19, 2021
MiracleMe7:

But that is very unfair!
Look at a topic like this that suppose to be on the front page is being neglected.

That is the problem with Nigerians, any small position they will bring in favoritism and bribe before you could help.

A topic like this that many people could have learned a lot is being relegated because I am not their friends or tribe.

May God continue to bless all the moderators here especially lalasticala
That's Nairaland MODS for u.
Re: What Is Agwù In Igbo Tradition? by Simonokeh7(m): 8:41pm On Nov 19, 2021
Lalasticlala please when was the last time a culture thread made front page. Thank you in advance.
Re: What Is Agwù In Igbo Tradition? by RoyalBoutique(m): 3:51am On Nov 20, 2021
MiracleMe7:
Good morning sir,

Sir I'm really missing you already, please answer me.
I want to discuss something to you privately.
I am planning to go see the man in Nnobi that installed agwu to you.

Please, tell me how will I reach you privately?
I have DM you, I guess you have not checked your email. Please check it abeg sir

I haven't checked my email, I'll get back to you this afternoon.
Re: What Is Agwù In Igbo Tradition? by OfficialAPCNig: 9:42am On Nov 21, 2021
MiracleMe7:

Bros if it is by hardworking, by 2013 I could have been Dangote.
But I have heard what you said, my priority now is to install the agwù.

Someone told me that to install agwu is expensive, some dibia will collect 50k from you to do that.

I will inquire to know who will do it cheap for me.

Don't install Agwu, Chi ikenga if you are not an Igboman.

Don't go and kill yourself.

Again, don't install Agwu if you don't have your own place. You can't remove an agwu once installed.

But you can have an Agwu without installing it until you have your place. I don't know the right word to use so I use "install."

If you know you no fit do Agwu things, better install your chi and feed it appropriately. Your chi is your spirit guide and intercedes on your behalf.

Installing an Agwu without setting up your chi first is risky. No true odinala dibia will install your agwu without advising you to make peace with your chi.

Again, you can install your chi yourself but you can't install your agwu. Your chi should always be with you. You have to carry it around.

Lest I forget, also ensure you are at peace with your oha muo, ndi mmiri gi (if you are nwa mmiri) before installing agwu or carrying any offor. It requires knowing the Igbo stream or river you reincarnated from.

Like I said, if you are not Igbo, don't try to experiment with our odinala.

You'll kill yourself.

A word is a enough for the wise.

We rise!!!

Be advised, it'll cost you up to 50k to install an Agwu whether you feed it fowl or goat.

The cost of getting the ritual materials might not be much but the dibia doing it for you is not doing charity.

Again if you install any of this, just know church or mosque is over for you.

If you are not ready for odinala no put your head or ya eri isi gi.
Re: What Is Agwù In Igbo Tradition? by MiracleMe7: 10:18am On Nov 22, 2021
OfficialAPCNig:

Don't install Agwu, Chi ikenga if you are not an Igboman.

Don't go and kill yourself.

Again, don't install Agwu if you don't have your own place. You can't remove an agwu once installed.

But you can have an Agwu without installing it until you have your place. I don't know the right word to use so I use "install."

If you know you no fit do Agwu things, better install your chi and feed it appropriately. Your chi is your spirit guide and intercedes on your behalf.

Installing an Agwu without setting up your chi first is risky. No true odinala dibia will install your agwu without advising you to make peace with your chi.

Again, you can install your chi yourself but you can't install your agwu. Your chi should always be with you. You have to carry it around.

Lest I forget, also ensure you are at peace with your oha muo, ndi mmiri gi (if you are nwa mmiri) before installing agwu or carrying any offor. It requires knowing the Igbo stream or river you reincarnated from.

Like I said, if you are not Igbo, don't try to experiment with our odinala.

You'll kill yourself.

A word is a enough for the wise.

We rise!!!

Be advised, it'll cost you up to 50k to install an Agwu whether you feed it fowl or goat.

The cost of getting the ritual materials might not be much but the dibia doing it for you is not doing charity.

Again if you install any of this, just know church or mosque is over for you.

If you are not ready for odinala no put your head or ya eri isi gi.
Thank you sir!
I really appreciate your input.

Please I will appreciate it if you answer the following questions;

1. Can someone that inherited his father's obi (House) as the first son install Agwu in the house?
Though the person has bought land outside his father's house, but not yet put a structure in the land. Or will the person go to install the Agwu at the new land?

2. According to you and I quote " But you can have an agwu without installing it until you have your place. How does somebody achieve this?

3. How does someone install his Chi and feed it?

4. Does it mean that if I install Agwu or Chi that I can not go to church or mosque? Why? How? Does Agwu prohibit someone not to go to church?

Please I will appreciate it if you answer me to avoid mistakes.

Thank you dear
Re: What Is Agwù In Igbo Tradition? by RoyalBoutique(m): 11:23am On Nov 22, 2021
MiracleMe7:

Thank you sir!

1. Can someone that inherited his father's obi (House) as the first son install Agwu in the house?
Though the person has bought land outside his father's house, but not yet put a structure in the land. Or will the person go to install the Agwu at the new land?

2. According to you and I quote " But you can have an agwu without installing it until you have your place. How does somebody achieve this?

4. Does it mean that if I install Agwu or Chi that I can not go to church or mosque? Why? How? Does Agwu prohibit someone not to go to church?

Thank you dear

You're not Igbo ? ? ? ?
Re: What Is Agwù In Igbo Tradition? by OfficialAPCNig: 12:23pm On Nov 22, 2021
OfficialAPCNig:

Install your Agwu where you're sure it will not be removed. An Agwu needs a permanent resting place unless Chi ikenga you carry to anywhere.

The explanation is in igbo but I'll try in English.

When you don't have a permanent abode for your Agwu but want to have an Agwu, the dibia will set up one for you, but it's not Agwu Ezumezu. I don't know how to explain it please. Most Agwu are in a tree, but when you don't have a place "a ga aru gi Agwu," they'll install it in a calabash and you can carry it around.

This is deeper but this is the only way I can explain it in English.

To install your Chi you'll need to know your chi by name and the market day they born him or her. But if you don't know, then do it on Eke market day. Get a wooden image to serve as a physical point of contact (ikenga na okposi). It's where you'll install the spirit. Tie white cloth around the image. Get four yam, orishi leaves, oke nsu na nwunye nsu, edo, igbo kola, fowl and others.

There's a way to arrange the items which I'll not mention here. Call down your chi into the image, there are things you'll say which I'll not mention here also. Kill the fowl and sprinkle the blood, make sure it touches the orishi leave.

Cook the yam and eat with your chi from the same plate, before giving to others.

I missed out a lot of things so that you won't try it yourself. Installing spirits into images is dangerous if you have not perfected it.

if you're a woman, make sure a male is beside you when installing your chi.

They'll not do you anything so far as you don't undermine them. But there's no way you'll been in church nd mosque without undermining them. But if you can give Ceasar his own, then no wahala.

Don't proceed if you are not an Igbo man. Our deities love being spoken to with Igbo proverbs.

Again, don't try to install a chi into ikenga na okposi if you're not Igbo, so that you don't install the wrong spirit. There's a huge chance you'll invoke a spirit into that image the moment you spill that animal blood.

in my place, some children mistakenly invoke spirits into an Ikenga by just killing rats. They were playing and decided to recreate what they saw the elders do, but they don't understand the spiritual implications and they didn't tell anyone.

Whatever they installed into the image killed two out of the three because they don't know how to feed and control it. The third person was lucky because afa revealed the cause. They did the ritual for sending away a deity.

Our deities are not wicked. They will give you signs through hardships and it's left for you to find out through afa why you are suffering. So, third person understood his suffering was unnatural, so "ya agba afa" and the afa (Ifa for yorubas) revealed the caused.

He did the necessary things and was free.

So don't install a chi yourself.

WE RISE!!!
MiracleMe7:

Thank you sir!

Install your Agwu where you're sure it will not be removed. An Agwu needs a permanent resting place unless Chi ikenga you carry to anywhere.

MiracleMe7:

When you don't have a permanent abode for your Agwu but want to have an Agwu, the dibia will set up one for you, but it's not Agwu Ezumezu. I don't know how to explain it please. Most Agwu are in a tree, but when you don't have a place "a ga aru gi Agwu," they'll install it in a calabash and you can carry it around.

MiracleMe7:

To install your Chi you'll need to know your chi by name and the market day they born him or her. But if you don't know, then do it on Eke market day. Get a wooden image to serve as a physical point of contact (ikenga na okposi). It's where you'll install the spirit. Tie white cloth around the image. Get four yam, orishi leaves, oke nsu na nwunye nsu, edo, igbo kola, fowl and others.

There's a way to arrange the items which I'll not mention here. Call down your chi into the image, there are things you'll say which I'll not mention here also. Kill the fowl and sprinkle the blood, make sure it touches the orishi leave.

Cook the yam and eat with your chi from the same plate, before giving to others.

I missed out a lot of things so that you won't try it yourself. Installing spirits into images is dangerous if you have not perfected it.

MiracleMe7:

They'll not do you anything so far as you don't undermine them. But there's no way you'll been in church nd mosque without undermining them. But if you can give Ceasar his own, then no wahala.

MiracleMe7:

Thank you dear
Don't proceed if you are not an Igbo man. Our deities love being spoken to with Igbo proverbs.

Again, don't try to install a chi into ikenga na okposi if you're not Igbo, so that you don't install the wrong spirit. There's a huge chance you'll invoke a spirit into that image the moment you spill that animal blood.

in my place, some children mistakenly invoke spirits into an Ikenga by just killing rats. They were playing and decided to recreate what they saw the elders do, but they don't understand the spiritual implications and they didn't tell anyone.

Whatever they installed into the image killed two out of the three because they don't know how to feed and control it. The third person was lucky because afa revealed the cause. They did the ritual for sending away a deity.

Our deities are not wicked. They will give you signs through hardships and it's left for you to find out through afa why you are suffering. So, third person understood his suffering was unnatural, so "ya agba afa" and the afa (Ifa for yorubas) revealed the caused.

Leave odinala Igbo for Ndi Igbo, make our deities no use your destiny and life catch cruise.

No go install Agwu if you're not at peace with your chi. Don't set up Chi if you're not ready for the things it requires. Don't spill blood for any of our deities if you're not at peace with your chi, oha muo gi na di mmiri gi.

Don't proceed if you don't have any ancestral link with igbo land. Our ndi ichie don't know your ndi ichie and there's no way you can connect with our deities without ndi ichie. So, don't invite our deities into a party you don't know how to dance their dance.

Surugede bu egwu ndi muo. Agbara ala yi na egbu nwata mgbe ndu ya kachasiya uto.

WE RISE!!!

1 Like

Re: What Is Agwù In Igbo Tradition? by MiracleMe7: 2:48pm On Nov 22, 2021
RoyalBoutique:

You're not Igbo ? ? ? ?
Of course I am omo Igbo
Re: What Is Agwù In Igbo Tradition? by RoyalBoutique(m): 2:53pm On Nov 22, 2021
MiracleMe7:

Of course I am omo Igbo

Ha ok, that's better

OfficialAPCNig explained better than me, I concur with the processes he said.

First you have to do your Chi (Onye Uwa), that's the very first thing.

It's your Chi that will tell you when to do your Agwu.

If you don't have your permanent house, you can join your Awgu with someone's own.

When you build your own house (not rented), then you install your Awgu there.

Once you've setup your Agwu, just cancel other religions.

One thing I don't concur with OfficialAPCNig is the N50k price.

That's probably the price when you want to set it up in your own house.

But like I said before, I joined mine with someone that's already set his own up, so i only paid N15k.

I've almost completed my own house, so I'll install it ASAP.
Re: What Is Agwù In Igbo Tradition? by MiracleMe7: 3:01pm On Nov 22, 2021
OfficialAPCNig:

Leave odinala Igbo for Ndi Igbo, make our deities no use your destiny and life catch cruise.

No go install Agwu if you're not at peace with your chi. Don't set up Chi if you're not ready for the things it requires. Don't spill blood for any of our deities if you're not at peace with your chi, oha muo gi na di mmiri gi.

Don't proceed if you don't have any ancestral link with igbo land. Our ndi ichie don't know your ndi ichie and there's no way you can connect with our deities without ndi ichie. So, don't invite our deities into a party you don't know how to dance their dance.

Surugede bu egwu ndi muo. Agbara ala yi na egbu nwata mgbe ndu ya kachasiya uto.

WE RISE!!!
Thank you sir, I appreciate your wise counsel and educative analysis concerning omenala.
Honestly, this kind of thing are we Igbos that we're not close to our ancestral traditional religion supposed to know.

Many Igbos like me don't know our left and right in terms of our tradition because of the white religion we have embraced for such a long time now.

But, I am happy that I am heading in the right direction now.

God bless you more brother for this beautiful help.

You and @RoyalBoutique are the best. People that have the interest of his kinsmen at heart.

I have another question for you Sir;

As you have narrated all this things. I did not see where you mentioned the benefit of installing Agwu. What am I stand to gain when I install this agwu?

Once more I appreciate from down my deep heart
Re: What Is Agwù In Igbo Tradition? by OfficialAPCNig: 3:03pm On Nov 22, 2021
sad
RoyalBoutique:

Ha ok, that's better

If you don't have your permanent house, you can join your Awgu with someone's own.

But like I said before, I joined mine with someone that's already set his own up, so i only paid N15k.

The price he'll pay depends on the dibia and dibias don't often negotiate prices.

And I don't know why.

I wish him luck.
Re: What Is Agwù In Igbo Tradition? by RoyalBoutique(m): 3:07pm On Nov 22, 2021
OfficialAPCNig:
sad
The price he'll pay depends on the dibia and dibias don't often negotiate prices.

And I don't know why.

I wish him luck.

You're a true son of Igbo land

The bolded statement is a fact.

My own Dibia doesn't have a static price.

Anytime he heeds to do a work, he will gba afa first and the mmuo will tell him how much to charge.

The things of world are bigger than anyone can imagine.

It's good to know you OfficialAPCNig
Re: What Is Agwù In Igbo Tradition? by MiracleMe7: 3:12pm On Nov 22, 2021
RoyalBoutique:

Ha ok, that's better

Bros, thank you very much!

1. Do you mean I should install my chi or I should feed my chi before I install agwu?

2. I don't know anyone that I can join my agwu with.

3. I'm confused on this part. Does it mean that my agwu will not work for me if I go to church or is there negative consequences if I install agwu and go to church?
But what I am certain is that there is some certain prayers that I will not participate to pray. Just like APCOfficial says that I should not undermine the agwu if I go to church. Give ceaser what belongs to ceazer
Re: What Is Agwù In Igbo Tradition? by MiracleMe7: 3:18pm On Nov 22, 2021
It's good to know you OfficialAPCNig[/quote]
Just as I wanted to know you because I feel it's good. But you have not answered my email since last week brother.
Re: What Is Agwù In Igbo Tradition? by RoyalBoutique(m): 3:23pm On Nov 22, 2021
MiracleMe7:

Bros, thank you very much!

1. Do you mean I should install my chi or I should feed my chi before I install agwu?

2. I don't know anyone that I can join my agwu with.

3. I'm confused on this part. Does it mean that my agwu will not work for me if I go to church or is there negative consequences if I install agwu and go to church?
But what I am certain is that there is some certain prayers that I will not participate to pray. Just like APCOfficial says that I should not undermine the agwu if I go to church. Give ceaser what belongs to ceazer

You install and feed your Chi first.

Chi is easier, it's installed in an okposi, you don't need any permanent place to keep it.

Keep feeding your Chi and you will make a lot of progress in life.

Your Chi will tell you when you're ready for Agwu.

Like I said before, Agwu Is very very very complicated.

As for church, it's better you channel all your energy into traditional worshipping so that you'll benefit immensely.

Dividing your religion between traditional and western is very tricky.

For example, if Agwu or Chi brings money for you (which happens constantly), you cannot donate the money to the church.

It will bring a lot of irreversible damages to you and your family.

Traditional religion is very easy to follow, and also very complicated to follow.

It's easy only if you focus on it alone.

It's complicated only if you mix it with other religions.
Re: What Is Agwù In Igbo Tradition? by RoyalBoutique(m): 3:26pm On Nov 22, 2021
MiracleMe7:

Just as I wanted to know you because I feel it's good. But you have not answered my email since last week brother.

I've forgotten the password to the email I used to register on nairaland.
Re: What Is Agwù In Igbo Tradition? by OfficialAPCNig: 3:26pm On Nov 22, 2021
[sub][/sub] grin
RoyalBoutique:

Anytime he heeds to do a work, he will gba afa first and the mmuo will tell him how much to charge.

grin

Thanks
Re: What Is Agwù In Igbo Tradition? by MiracleMe7: 3:26pm On Nov 22, 2021
RoyalBoutique:

Just as I wanted to know you, but you haven't reply my email brother.

Anyone that has a spiritual eye will know that you and APCOfficial are a blessing to any Igbo man you are in contact with.

Both of you are the kind of people I need now in my life. I want you guys as mentor.
Pls reply my email I sent since last week.

APCOfficial plz I sent you an email today, I need your contact. I don't want to put the personal phone number online.
Re: What Is Agwù In Igbo Tradition? by RoyalBoutique(m): 3:28pm On Nov 22, 2021
Oh, an one important thing.

God is God.

The number one in everything we do.

So if you learn how to goo orji, always thank God first, then thank your Chi second, before you thank any other spirit you have.

Remember, God is God ... God is not Jesus.

People always confuse Jesus and God to be the same thing.

Jesus had a beginning and an end.

God has no beginning and no end.

So they are not the same.
Re: What Is Agwù In Igbo Tradition? by MiracleMe7: 3:34pm On Nov 22, 2021
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
RoyalBoutique:

I've forgotten the password to the email I used to register on nairaland.

My WhatsApp number is .

I'll delete this number from here soon.
Thank you, I will send you messages on WhatsApp.

@OfficialAPCNg, pls your contact
Re: What Is Agwù In Igbo Tradition? by OfficialAPCNig: 3:34pm On Nov 22, 2021
RoyalBoutique:

Chi is easier, it's installed in an okposi, you don't need any permanent place to keep it.

As for church, it's better you channel all your energy into traditional worshipping so that you'll benefit immensely.

For example, if Agwu or Chi brings money for you (which happens constantly), you cannot donate the money to the church.

Traditional religion is very easy to follow, and also very complicated to follow.

That's exactly what I told him. If he wants to enter odinala, he should avoid mixing it with those foreign religion.

E fit take his head.

Chi na Ikenga are merciful but Agwu Nshi is stubborn.

E go nack am front and back if he gives him and he acknowledges other god.
Re: What Is Agwù In Igbo Tradition? by RoyalBoutique(m): 3:39pm On Nov 22, 2021
OfficialAPCNig:

That's exactly what I told him. If he wants to enter odinala, he should avoid mixing it with those foreign religion.

E fit take his head.

Chi na Ikenga are merciful but Agwu Nshi is stubborn.

E go nack am front and back if he gives him and he acknowledges other god.

@the bolded, you are really a true son of igboland.

You will never lack anything, as long as you keep your hands clean.

I did my chi and ikenga together, they share the same okposi.

As for MiracleMe7, I just wish he can forget about this western religions and face the traditional religion.

He will see the difference.

Some Chi's are not merciful o, my own Chi no dey hear word o.

Awgus mercilessness is on another level.
Re: What Is Agwù In Igbo Tradition? by MiracleMe7: 3:43pm On Nov 22, 2021
RoyalBoutique:

Please what is Okposi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anambra Is Ancestral Home Of The Igalas / *~ Ifyalways Voted Culture Section Poster Of 2012*~ Congratulations! / Shehu Of Dikwa, Mohammed El-Kanemi Dies At 79

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.