Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

Solution To A Nagging Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Solution To A Nagging Wife (1436 Views)

How Do I Handle A Nagging, Disrespective And Poor Sex Life Wife / How Do I Keep On Pushing With Nagging Relatives? / Nigerian Lady Advises Married Men To Have Regular Sex With Wives To Stop Nagging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solution To A Nagging Wife by larrybabanla(m): 7:32pm On Nov 15, 2021
Hi nairalanders, just want to drop this, my wife always brings up issues whenever we are on a good term to the extent that that my neighbors will hear our voice which I don't like, but whenever we are not on talking terms(keeping malice)which she is expert in doing, I always have peace, most times, our neighbors won't know I'm around unless I'm outside,,,
Re: Solution To A Nagging Wife by wunmi590(m): 7:34pm On Nov 15, 2021
larrybabanla:
Hi nairalanders, just want to drop this, my wife always brings up issues whenever we are on a good term to the extent that that [b]my neighbors will hear our voice [/b]which I don't like, but whenever we are not on talking terms(keeping malice)which she is expert in doing, I always have peace, most times, our neighbors won't know I'm around unless I'm outside,,,

This is what I hate most in a relationship....

Talk to her about it and let her know about the implication, because tomorrow your neighbour would start laughing at you

1 Like

Re: Solution To A Nagging Wife by Bombastically00(m): 7:37pm On Nov 15, 2021
The same way u should stop bringing ur family issues on nairaland...Solve ur problems with wife behind closed doors.. wink

1 Like

Re: Solution To A Nagging Wife by Kobojunkie: 7:37pm On Nov 15, 2021
larrybabanla:
Hi nairalanders, just want to drop this, my wife always brings up issues whenever we are on a good term to the extent that that my neighbors will hear our voice which I don't like, but whenever we are not on talking terms(keeping malice)which she is expert in doing, I always have peace, most times, our neighbors won't know I'm around unless I'm outside,,,
Have you ever wondered what would happen if, rather than avoid her on such days, you actually grew a backbone and both, like adults should, ironed out each issue she brings to the table once and for all?, undecided

I would recommend you make a list of all you claim she nags you about - get a dedicated notebook if you must. Then you both can sit and go slowly through the list, hashing out each detail, closing out each case as a resolution is reached between you two. undecided

Ignoring her hasn't helped at all. So why not give attention to what it is you claim she nags you on, so you both can reach an acceptable resolution. Marriage is a contract agreement between a man and a woman and so long as you are both not in agreement on issues... so long as issues remain 'unsettled', peace cannot reign. undecided

If you cannot do this then you should seek professional marriage counseling for your relationship. undecided

6 Likes

Re: Solution To A Nagging Wife by Timekeeper: 7:39pm On Nov 15, 2021
larrybabanla:

Boss..... Just keep quiet and make peace with her... Keep your cool....

Women are troublesome yet beautiful creatures......... Sit her down and talk to her, if she refuses to hear you out, just act dumb and do your thing...

1 Like

Re: Solution To A Nagging Wife by chatinent: 7:39pm On Nov 15, 2021
Ok.

Take her out for dinner.

You both should learn to understand each other...that should be the dinner discussion.

Learn to settle things without shouting
.I mean you.

1 Like

Re: Solution To A Nagging Wife by Timekeeper: 7:40pm On Nov 15, 2021
Bombastically00:
The same way u should stop bringing ur family issues on nairaland...Solve ur problems with wife behind closed doors.. wink

Fvck off bros.... Do you know him or his wife?

Seeking advise on a family forum is not bad...... What is bad is making it a habit

5 Likes

Re: Solution To A Nagging Wife by chatinent: 7:43pm On Nov 15, 2021
Timekeeper:

Seeking advise on a family forum is not bad...... What is bad is making it a habit

Even making it a habit no bad gan

2 Likes

Re: Solution To A Nagging Wife by PointZerom: 7:43pm On Nov 15, 2021
grin
Re: Solution To A Nagging Wife by Polynek(m): 7:44pm On Nov 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Have you ever wondered what would happen if, rather than avoid her on such days, you actually grew a backbone and both, like adults should, ironed out each issue she brings to the table once and for all?, undecided

I would recommend you make a list of all you claim she nags you about - get a dedicated notebook if you must. Then you both can sit and go slowly through the list, hashing out each detail, closing out each case as a resolution is reached between you two. undecided

Ignoring her hasn't helped at all. So why not give attention to what it is she nags so you both reach a resolution that both can accept. Marriage is a contract agreement between a man and a woman and so long as you are both not in agreement on issues... so long as issues remain 'unsettled', peace cannot reign. undecided

If you cannot do this then you should seek professional marriage counseling for your relationship. undecided
Nice suggestion

1 Like

Re: Solution To A Nagging Wife by Kucoin: 7:52pm On Nov 15, 2021
the only weapon best know to women since time immemorial cool
Re: Solution To A Nagging Wife by Kobojunkie: 8:04pm On Nov 15, 2021
Kucoin:
the only weapon best know to women since time immemorial cool
It isn't a weapon but instead a cry that eventually turns to an echo over time. undecided

No man or woman who nags does so out of enjoyment. The tear it deals each time oh their own psyche is testimony to this. Everyone longs for and enjoys peace and the sooner you your partner get back to that place of peace, the better for you too. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Solution To A Nagging Wife by Bola146(f): 8:06pm On Nov 15, 2021
It's wrong! That is not a family you are just neighbours sad Why would you have peace when you are not communicating with your wife, I don't understand It's better you know your differences and settle it.
Re: Solution To A Nagging Wife by Kucoin: 8:15pm On Nov 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
It isn't a weapon but instead a cry that eventually turns to an echo over time. undecided

No man or woman who nags does so out of enjoyment. The tear it deals each time oh their own psyche is testimony to this. Everyone longs for and enjoys peace and the sooner you your partner get back to that place of peace, the better for you too. undecided

you're right... what am trying to say is that. just as men goes physical most time to 'cry' out their frustration/annoyance/angers, same way women goes mentally(through nagging) to carry out theirs.

2 Likes

Re: Solution To A Nagging Wife by Olarsview: 8:31pm On Nov 15, 2021
The solution to nagging is to remain unmarried
Re: Solution To A Nagging Wife by Kobojunkie: 8:35pm On Nov 15, 2021
Kucoin:
you're right... what am trying to say is that. just as men goes physical most time to 'cry' out their frustration/annoyance/angers, same way women goes mentally(through nagging) to carry out theirs.
1. There is no such thing as men alone going "physical" to 'cry' out,
... that is a stereotype that is not based on fact. Instead individuals(male and female alike) choose a mode of letting off steam, and the decision as to how can be influenced by environment, upbringing etc.

In Nigeria for example, where individuals are exposed to violence from child hood, some men take out their emotional stress on their wives and girlfrends or even siblings whereas women typically take theirs out on their children, maids, and sometimes husbands. undecided

2. The notion that women alone nag is another stereotype. Both men and women nag and it isn't really an effective way of letting off steam so it shouldn't even be considered such. undecided

In a place like Nigeria where women are typically marked by stereotype as being the naggers, you rarely find women complain of their men nagging because they have mostly been programmed to believe the fault is theirs. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Solution To A Nagging Wife by NarcissistKing(m): 8:37pm On Nov 15, 2021
grin grin grin

Why did you marry at first?
Re: Solution To A Nagging Wife by Kobojunkie: 8:38pm On Nov 15, 2021
Olarsview:
The solution to nagging is to remain unmarried
Nagging can happen in any kind of relationship, so unless you are planning to live on an island away from humans, I suggest you instead educate yourself on what nagging is really about and how you can tackle it in your relationships. undecided

There are people out there who have bosses that are naggers and they are not always victims in it. undecided

1 Like

Re: Solution To A Nagging Wife by Olarsview: 8:44pm On Nov 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Nagging can happen in any kind of relationship, so unless you are planning to live on an island away from humans, I suggest you instead educate yourself on what nagging is really about and how you can tackle it in your relationships. undecided

There are people out there who have bosses that are naggers and they are not always victims in it. undecided

So? Your choice ain't mine.....it's their nature to nag. If you don't want it stay away. I'm not talking of people that conform with anything at expense of their peace
Re: Solution To A Nagging Wife by Kobojunkie: 8:46pm On Nov 15, 2021
Olarsview:
So?
Rather than avoid relationships altogether, learn conflict resolution skills. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Solution To A Nagging Wife by Olarsview: 8:49pm On Nov 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Rather than avoid relationship skills, learn conflict resolution skills. undecided

My time my life for mundane things. No

Even if you learn everything in the world on conflicts resolution you wouldn't beat their reach. Trying to take bullets for negative traits from women will hurt for a life time.

1 Like

Re: Solution To A Nagging Wife by Opeyemiextra(f): 8:55pm On Nov 15, 2021
The place of communication should never be ignored or taken for granted in a relationship. You should be able to discuss things like this with your partner with the assurance that she will understand to some extent if not fully. Don't marry someone you cannot communicate well with.

1 Like

Re: Solution To A Nagging Wife by Kobojunkie: 8:56pm On Nov 15, 2021
Olarsview:
My time my life for mundane things. No

Even if you learn everything in the world on conflicts resolution you wouldn't beat their reach. Trying to take bullets for negative traits from women will hurt for a life time.
Nagging is gender-neutral - men also nag just as much as women do. undecided

These are skills we are meant to have learned as skills but because of upbringing, many grow up deprived of such vital skills. Learning these conflict resolution skills in one's adult years has been shown to be of equally great benefit so it is not a waste to invest time in such things. undecided
Re: Solution To A Nagging Wife by Olarsview: 8:59pm On Nov 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Nagging is gender-neutral - men also nag just as much as women do. undecided

These are skills we are meant to have learned as skills but because of upbringing, many grow up deprived of such vital skills. Learning these conflict resolution skills in one's adult years has been shown to be of
similar benefit so it is not a waste to invest time in such things. undecided

Like learning how to tame a snake. If not biblical NO
Re: Solution To A Nagging Wife by Kobojunkie: 9:02pm On Nov 15, 2021
Olarsview:
Like learning how to tame a snake. If not biblical NO
Conflict resolution has absolutely nothing to do with "taming" anyone , not even you consider a snake. If anything, it helps you learn how to better relate to others and where they are coming from. undecided

Anyways, like you said, your life, your pot of gruel! undecided
Re: Solution To A Nagging Wife by Olarsview: 9:04pm On Nov 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Conflict resolution has absolutely nothing to do with "taming" anyone , not even you consider a snake. If anything, it helps you learn how to better relate to others and where they are coming from. undecided

Anyways, like you said, your life, your pot of gruel! undecided

Life is what you make of it. You can't beat the reach of a woman. Nagging or not.
Re: Solution To A Nagging Wife by Mikeeytools: 9:06pm On Nov 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Ignoring her hasn't helped at all. So why not give attention to what it is you claim she nags you on, so you both can reach an acceptable resolution. Marriage is a contract agreement between a man and a woman and so long as you are both not in agreement on issues... so long as issues remain 'unsettled', peace cannot reign. undecided

you sound as if you don't know some women are naturally problematic. The issue is once you missed it and enter marriage with one it takes grace of God to get you out in one piece.

1 Like

Re: Solution To A Nagging Wife by Kobojunkie: 9:31pm On Nov 15, 2021
Mikeeytools:
you sound as if you don't know some women are naturally problematic. The issue is once you missed it and enter marriage with one it takes grace of God to get you out in one piece.
It doesn't take the grace of God , instead it takes common sense, what you know also as wisdom, to properly and maturedly tackle relationship issues, including marriage in and of itself. undecided

So rather than continue to shift responsibility to God, take ownership of your own marriage and learn from even the professional marriage counselors, how to probably resolve the conflicts between you and your spouse. undecided

God already informed you that you marriage is of this world and not of His Kingdom. - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36. The sooner you wiseup to the meaning in that teaching, the sooner you can begin seeing that the solution you seek in your relationship begins only when you start to act on wisdom already available here to even you. undecided

1 Like

Re: Solution To A Nagging Wife by ststyreal(f): 8:05pm On Nov 17, 2021
Timekeeper:

don't mind him, as if he knows the guy. If everybody keeps their problem to themselves, the rate of depression and suicide will skyrocket to an unprecedented level. People will just open their mouth and be talking anyhow....

1 Like

Re: Solution To A Nagging Wife by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 17, 2021
larrybabanla:

You're keeping malice with your wife, and you still eat her food

Kikikikikiki grin
Bros OP, otapiapia no too cost liadat o...

1 Like

Re: Solution To A Nagging Wife by RightToReject(m): 10:10pm On Nov 17, 2021
A person nags either because of the continual thoughtlessness of the person hir nags or because of hir own insatiableness. So, the first step towards finding a solution to the issue is by being truthful to yourself on whether you've always been thoughtful towards her or not; if the answer is no, then the problem lies with you and the onus is on you to turn over a new leaf, but if yes, then the problem lies with her and a good-no nonsense-carefree attitude from you will make her turn over a new leaf by force.

2 Likes

Re: Solution To A Nagging Wife by larrybabanla(m): 3:22am On Nov 18, 2021
Funny you, we Don sort am out, better people for the platform don lecture me
Favfables1:

You're keeping malice with your wife, and you still eat her food

Kikikikikiki grin
Bros OP, otapiapia no too cost liadat o...

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Best Son In Law Ever: A Tribute To My Amazing Son-in-law / Please, Is There Any Body Here Willing To Accept A Female Into Their Si..... / The Most Insensitive Couple On Earth ?..... Or Should The Dead Bury The Dead ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.