Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Azikiwe Defending 1966 Coup Plotters Because They Are Fellow Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Azikiwe Defending 1966 Coup Plotters Because They Are Fellow Igbos (1596 Views)

Azikiwe Defending Ironsi's Emergence As Head of State / See Full List Of 1966 Coup Plotters And Their Tribe. / Buhari: 1966 Coup, Counter-Coup, I Was All In It, Says PMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Azikiwe Defending 1966 Coup Plotters Because They Are Fellow Igbos by seunolu7: 9:47pm On Nov 15, 2021
See disgraced former ceremonial Nigerian president shamelessly playing an ethnic card, defending a wicked coup because the plotters are his tribemen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCD7uQsSU6U

2 Likes

Re: Azikiwe Defending 1966 Coup Plotters Because They Are Fellow Igbos by Okwyjesus(m): 9:51pm On Nov 15, 2021
So what message do you intend passing on

3 Likes

Re: Azikiwe Defending 1966 Coup Plotters Because They Are Fellow Igbos by gwafaeziokwu: 11:10pm On Nov 15, 2021
Seems he was not the only one that defended the coup plotters. All the Afonja elites including Prof Wole Soyinka defended then and even warned Aguiyi Ironsi against carrying out any action against "national heroes "

But the moment fierce looking Hausa Fulanis soldiers siezed Dodan Barracks, Gen. Ogundipe who was to replace Aguiyi Ironsi ran away and the ever fearful Yorubas pissed their pants and started shouting Igbo coup to please the Jihadists.

Chameleons! !

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Azikiwe Defending 1966 Coup Plotters Because They Are Fellow Igbos by Igboid: 11:20pm On Nov 15, 2021
gwafaeziokwu:
Seems he was not the only one that defended the coup plotters. All the Afonja elites including Prof Wole Soyinka defended then and even warned Aguiyi Ironsi against carrying out any action against "national heroes "

But the moment fierce looking Hausa Fulanis soldiers siezed Dodan Barracks, Gen. Ogundipe who was to replace Aguiyi Ironsi ran away and the ever fearful Yorubas pissed their pants and started shouting Igbo coup to please the Jihadists.

Chameleons! !

That's their way. Umu ekwensu.

17 Likes

Re: Azikiwe Defending 1966 Coup Plotters Because They Are Fellow Igbos by SmartPolician: 11:22pm On Nov 15, 2021
If you say Ojukwu or Aguiyi-Ironsi defending them, it will be more understandable. Azikiwe was more of a Nigerian than Igbo. In fact, Igbos respect Ojukwu more than Zik. He held those thoughts on the issue for reasons best known to him.

10 Likes

Re: Azikiwe Defending 1966 Coup Plotters Because They Are Fellow Igbos by sapientia(m): 11:27pm On Nov 15, 2021
Is OP another oyigboupdate?

Maybe an apprentice

Look at this tribal bigot

4 Likes

Re: Azikiwe Defending 1966 Coup Plotters Because They Are Fellow Igbos by FreeStuffsNG: 11:35pm On Nov 15, 2021
Why do I get the feeling that in this video, the Zik of Africa's voice and the manner he talks with the mannerisms remind me of HE Goodluck.E. Azikiwe Jonathan.
His response when asked if it was a mutiny or a coup was epic GEJ response that will make you doubt if they are actually fit to be President, only that in Zik's case, he is more of a ceremonial President, not the de facto Commander in chief, so one may still understand his lack of clue on what was going on then..
Re: Azikiwe Defending 1966 Coup Plotters Because They Are Fellow Igbos by Aganju849: 11:50pm On Nov 15, 2021
SmartPolician:
If you say Ojukwu or Aguiyi-Ironsi defending them, it will be more understandable. Azikiwe was more of a Nigerian than Igbo. In fact, Igbos respect Ojukwu more than Zik. He held those thoughts on the issue for reasons best known to him.

So far as Ibos are concerned Zik belongs in the same category with Ukpabi Asika, Joe Igbokwe or Ike Nwachukwu

Efulefu

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Azikiwe Defending 1966 Coup Plotters Because They Are Fellow Igbos by SmartPolician: 11:52pm On Nov 15, 2021
Aganju849:

So far as Ibos are concerned Zik belongs in the same category with Ukpabi Asika, Joe Igbokwe or Ike Nwachukwu

Efulefu

I na ko nonsense

The most respected and loved Igbo man is Ojukwu.

Even in death, Igbos still love and respect him.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Azikiwe Defending 1966 Coup Plotters Because They Are Fellow Igbos by Aganju849: 11:59pm On Nov 15, 2021
SmartPolician:

I na ko nonsense

The most respected and loved Igbo man is Ojukwu.

Even in death, Igbos still love and respect him.

Where you see Ojukwu name for my post

Of course you can suck his dìck all you like Mumu
Re: Azikiwe Defending 1966 Coup Plotters Because They Are Fellow Igbos by gidgiddy: 12:09am On Nov 16, 2021
seunolu7:
See disgraced former ceremonial Nigerian president shamelessly playing an ethnic card, defending a wicked coup because the plotters are his tribemen

I think you should watch the video again because at no time did Zik defend the coup. He even called it an insurrection

13 Likes

Re: Azikiwe Defending 1966 Coup Plotters Because They Are Fellow Igbos by Praxis758: 12:13am On Nov 16, 2021
An average nigerian leader is a tribal supremacist who prioritise his ethnic interest above national, posterity and collective interests.

The only detrabilised and pan/nationalistic leader Nigeria ever had was Olusegun Obasanjo. He never tiltled towards his ethnic interest during his days as both head-of-state and president.

1 Like

Re: Azikiwe Defending 1966 Coup Plotters Because They Are Fellow Igbos by Igboland: 12:20am On Nov 16, 2021
Every true Igbo should stone this fool n his entire household for the emnity he orchestrated trying to usurp the leadership of the Lagos assembly from the Yorubas after the fool was accorded more than enough respect by the same Yorubas to step into the leadership position of the NCNC due to the sudden demise of Marculay.

3 Likes

Re: Azikiwe Defending 1966 Coup Plotters Because They Are Fellow Igbos by Igboland: 12:31am On Nov 16, 2021
I am glad someone noticed the clown made me waste the little data I had left. Imagine debating what adjective best describe illegal seizure of power. Spite !

FreeStuffsNG:
Why do I get the feeling that in this video, the Zik of Africa's voice and the manner he talks with the mannerisms remind me of HE Goodluck.E. Azikiwe Jonathan.
His response when asked if it was a mutiny or a coup was epic GEJ response that will make you doubt if they are actually fit to be President, only that in Zik's case, he is more of a ceremonial President, not the de facto Commander in chief, so one may still understand his lack of clue on what was going on then..
Re: Azikiwe Defending 1966 Coup Plotters Because They Are Fellow Igbos by ScamHunter: 1:31am On Nov 16, 2021
Look up at the letter signed by Wole Soyinka and others to understand that that coup actually saved your Yoruba ass, but as treacherous people, instead of appreciation, you'll always behave like the backstabbers that you are. Every day, I learn the reason why Babangida did to Abiola what he did.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Azikiwe Defending 1966 Coup Plotters Because They Are Fellow Igbos by Christistruth00: 1:40am On Nov 16, 2021
seunolu7:

Azikiwe was part of the Coup

2 Likes

Re: Azikiwe Defending 1966 Coup Plotters Because They Are Fellow Igbos by Wokenaija: 1:41am On Nov 16, 2021
Yorubas have always been back stabbers ! See document to even show wow! grin grin

13 Likes

Re: Azikiwe Defending 1966 Coup Plotters Because They Are Fellow Igbos by Christistruth00: 1:41am On Nov 16, 2021
gidgiddy:

I think you should watch the video again because at no time did Zik defend the coup. He even called it an insurrection

He didn’t call the July Coup an insurrection
Re: Azikiwe Defending 1966 Coup Plotters Because They Are Fellow Igbos by Badgers: 4:13am On Nov 16, 2021
Zik was clearly in supports of the coupist

3 Likes

Re: Azikiwe Defending 1966 Coup Plotters Because They Are Fellow Igbos by CaptainMarvel(m): 7:27am On Nov 16, 2021
topic is misleading. At no point in that video did Azikiwe supported the coup plotters because they are Igbo. But one thing is apparent here, Zik was characteristically unpredictable, you can't really tell where he stands wink

4 Likes

Re: Azikiwe Defending 1966 Coup Plotters Because They Are Fellow Igbos by APCNig: 7:35am On Nov 16, 2021
seunolu7:

If we keep replaying the past, we won't never get to the future.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Azikiwe Defending 1966 Coup Plotters Because They Are Fellow Igbos by immortal2: 7:50am On Nov 16, 2021
Igboid:

The thing tire me. Truly, they are the offspring of Oduduwa/Lucifer. I have never seen a people who hate truth to the core.

6 Likes

Re: Azikiwe Defending 1966 Coup Plotters Because They Are Fellow Igbos by gwafaeziokwu: 10:35am On Nov 16, 2021
Igboid:

Truth is a rare commodity in their clime. Grown ass men changing stands and convictions like prostitutes. Look at the mess they made with journalism in Nigeria. Ndi uchu!

7 Likes

Re: Azikiwe Defending 1966 Coup Plotters Because They Are Fellow Igbos by Igboid: 11:07am On Nov 16, 2021
gwafaeziokwu:

Truth is a rare commodity in their clime. Grown ass men changing stands and convictions like prostitutes. Look at the mess they made with journalism in Nigeria. Ndi uchu!

Falsehoods and being dishonest and slimy is what they call "sufferstication" in their land.

6 Likes

Re: Azikiwe Defending 1966 Coup Plotters Because They Are Fellow Igbos by ScamHunter: 2:59pm On Nov 20, 2021
I love Ndi Igbo for one thing: we are the only ethnic group that consistently stand for the truth. 1966 coup practically saved Yoruba and Tiv people, even though they turned around to join Britain and other tribes against Igbo.

5 Likes

Re: Azikiwe Defending 1966 Coup Plotters Because They Are Fellow Igbos by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 20, 2021
gwafaeziokwu:

Chameleons! !

I remember another afonja with full beard that ran to Gabon after throwing his people into a war he knew he would never win. He ran away dressed like a woman and left his people at the mercies of their enemies. Afonja!

5 Likes

Re: Azikiwe Defending 1966 Coup Plotters Because They Are Fellow Igbos by laiperi: 4:24pm On Nov 20, 2021
Does anyone old enough know of any rebellious act young Wole Soyinka did not support or even staged?

The same Soyinka that was almost killed for supporting Biafra curse was labeled a traitor by the same Igbo!

Obasanjo was the detribalized Nigerian because he brought Igbo back from the doghouse and appointed them to powerful positions while ignoring his own people. He even sent "shoot on sight" order to Lagos. What do Igbo call him today?

No need to mention another traitor named Fajuyi.

Yoruba have been warned, you die for Igbo curse, you die for fun.

Yes, Azikiwe was not home during the coup because he knew about it. Do you know of any President, ceremonial or not, that was okay with his own overthrow?

Akinjide and others came out that they never handed power to the Military. It was a lie also repeated by Azikiwe and planted by the so-called Acting President, Nwafor Orizu another Igbo.

We know where they belong.

Praxis758:
An average nigerian leader is a tribal supremacist who prioritise his ethnic interest above national, posterity and collective interests.

The only detrabilised and pan/nationalistic leader Nigeria ever had was Olusegun Obasanjo. He never tiltled towards his ethnic interest during his days as both head-of-state and president.

1 Like

Re: Azikiwe Defending 1966 Coup Plotters Because They Are Fellow Igbos by flokii: 4:41pm On Nov 20, 2021
Any Yoruba that fights Igbo fight or die for them dies for fun.. they will find one excuse to kill you.

See Igboho that allowed an half-breed Koiki remote controlled by Igbos mislead him.. making reckless statements that an attack on Igbos is and attack on Yorubas. Now their shameless leaders have gone to beg Buhari for Kanu alone, not mentioning anything about Igboho but you'd see afenifere and others in SW speaking for Igboho and the IPOB terrorists leader Kanu.

1 Like

Re: Azikiwe Defending 1966 Coup Plotters Because They Are Fellow Igbos by ArewaNorth: 5:02pm On Nov 20, 2021
Praxis758:

You know nothing. OBJ is a silent killer, a fanatics and intelligent bigot who does his things surreptitiously!

1 Like

Re: Azikiwe Defending 1966 Coup Plotters Because They Are Fellow Igbos by day6789(m): 5:02pm On Nov 20, 2021
flokii:
Any Yoruba that fights Igbo fight or die for them dies for fun.. they will find one excuse to kill you.

See Igboho that allowed an half-breed Koiki remote controlled by Igbos mislead him.. making reckless statements that an attack on Igbos is and attack on Yorubas. Now their shameless leaders have gone to beg Buhari for Kanu alone, not mentioning anything about Igboho but you'd see afenifere and others in SW speaking for Igboho and the IPOB terrorists leader Kanu.
bros, ur senses are working. Koiki spoilt everything by aligning with ipob as co-freedom fighter. I believe Igboho will understand better now that the only thing that unite this people is hatred for other tribes. otherwise , they hate even their siblings.
Re: Azikiwe Defending 1966 Coup Plotters Because They Are Fellow Igbos by flokii: 5:04pm On Nov 20, 2021
Badgers:

Zik was clearly in supports of the coupist

Why do you think Nigerians call the 1966 coup an Igbo coup before?.. igbos in the Army carried out ethnic cleansing of other tribes in politics and the Army killing top ranked military officers from North and West leaving the likes of Aguiyi Ironsi and letting Nnamdi Azikiwe escape while they killed leaders of all other tribes in Nigeria.

Do you know that the Igbos in the North were rejoicing on the streets of Kano and core Northern states over the murder of Ahmadu Bello, premier of Northern Nigeria by Nzeogwu.. they even printed pamphlets showing Ahmadu Bello slain by Nzeogwu.

In West nko, they killed the Premier and other Yoruba leaders except Awolowo who incidentally was in prison at the time and wasn't considered a threat to the Igbo coupists.

Igbos can't rule this country again o.. else we'll be inviting the era of blood shed and ethnic cleansing back to our history.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Azikiwe Defending 1966 Coup Plotters Because They Are Fellow Igbos by flokii: 5:14pm On Nov 20, 2021
day6789:
bros, ur senses are working. Koiki spoilt everything by aligning with ipob as co-freedom fighter. I believe Igboho will understand better now that the only thing that unite this people is hatred for other tribes. otherwise , they hate even their siblings.

Don't mind Igboho.. I suspect they used the Koiki to link Yoruba nation struggle with proscribed terrorist group IPOB to nail him and Emeritus Prof. Akintoye..

Prof. Akintoye seeing through their shenanigans quickly dissociated himself and the Yoruba movement from IPOB and biafra but Igboho who couldn't connect the dots fell into their trap.
Now Igbos no dey reason Igboho, it's how Kanu and the other Igbos in detention will regain freedom they are running from pillar to post for.I'm sure Igboho has learnt his lesson.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Njideka Daughter Of Justice Mary Odili's Sworn In As Judge Of The Fed High Court / Why is Ndigbo Not Prepared for The Coming Storm? / Breaking: Suspected Bomb Blast In Kano Primary School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.