Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,936 members, 7,814,171 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo (31159 Views)

A Case Of Serial Double Debits/attemtp Of Theft From My Account By Zenith Bank P / Nigerian Man Returns N98M Mistakenly Credited Into His Bank Account (Photo) / Zenith, GTBank, Access, UBA Generate N24.3bn From Account Maintenance Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by muheeb01(m): 11:13am On Nov 16, 2021
adonainana:
Even if you dont have an ATM card
apparently, they can still clone your sim card and register you for USSD

And also USSD sometimes doesnt work unless you have an ATM card

But my best advice to anyone is to keep the money or big money that they dont want to ever lose to fraud into a POLARIS BUSINESS ACCOUNT

As the name depicts, its a terrible bank cos the polaris business account does not have USSD, no ATM

The only you can do anything on the acount is to be writing letter on a letter head every time

LIKE THERE is nothing you can do on a polaris business account without writing a letter on your business letter headed paper and going into the branch to give them

As funny as it sounds it means if you have 200 million in your account nobody can ever steal it cos of the extra wahala you have to go to to access money on the account

Also even if they cloned your letter headed paper and your signature and they went to any polaris bank on your behalf to try to withdraw your money, polaris will call your account officer you opened the account with to confirm the withdrawal grin grin if his number doesnt cal through thats it

Fam polaris business account na war
wow I love this one,interesting,this one na due process oo
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by Strongbest(m): 11:13am On Nov 16, 2021
Eagle360:
GTBANK have been deducting money from my account since the beginning of this month.
Imagine I was credited 1000 naira I will only see 987,
Today 700 was sent to me for 2gig MTN data but I can only access 684.
GTBANK have been deducting money from my account since the beginning of this month.

Lols. My own, any amount upto 10k GTBANK bank automatically deduct about 100 -200box from it.

I asked and they said it's stamp duty. So, I have accepted that one as normal but the one I don't get about GTBANK is how they occasionally deduct money without any reason.....like, the transaction details should show what the deduction is for, at least.

How do you just debit me without transaction details?

1 Like

Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by Mosco91: 11:14am On Nov 16, 2021
Had Same experience yesterday, was debited #468 on my FBN for only God knows what for. My access bank ATM got expired since February and I didn't apply for renewal, yet I got an SMS from d bank that my ATM card is ready for pick up at Owerri but I didn't take it seriously cos I didn't apply for it plus I relocated back to Abuja since after my service there, yet the bank keep debiting me every month
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by smithbidy(m): 11:14am On Nov 16, 2021
AYNL:
naija hard
ooin
Bros the same happened to me, when I called my bank they claimed it was because I used USSD codes a lot.
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by Thelife: 11:16am On Nov 16, 2021
It seems Nigeria banks are becoming more useless day by day.
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by Indispensable85(m): 11:17am On Nov 16, 2021
adonainana:
Even if you dont have an ATM card
apparently, they can still clone your sim card and register you for USSD

And also USSD sometimes doesnt work unless you have an ATM card

But my best advice to anyone is to keep the money or big money that they dont want to ever lose to fraud into a POLARIS BUSINESS ACCOUNT

As the name depicts, its a terrible bank cos the polaris business account does not have USSD, no ATM

The only you can do anything on the acount is to be writing letter on a letter head every time

LIKE THERE is nothing you can do on a polaris business account without writing a letter on your business letter headed paper and going into the branch to give them

As funny as it sounds it means if you have 200 million in your account nobody can ever steal it cos of the extra wahala you have to go to to access money on the account

Also even if they cloned your letter headed paper and your signature and they went to any polaris bank on your behalf to try to withdraw your money, polaris will call your account officer you opened the account with to confirm the withdrawal grin grin if his number doesnt cal through thats it

Fam polaris business account na war

Lol.... wahala
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by tuboi: 11:17am On Nov 16, 2021
Seems our banks are no longer safe….Few days ago I got a debit alert of 2100 from GTB by 6:30am. I was still wondering how it happened when they sent another message telling me that it was a payment for smth I bought at a mall in Iju Road on the 5-4-2021(that’s almost 8 months ago). I googled the mall and it’s in Agege and I stay in Ajah.I’ve never been to that mall, neither did i use my card on that said day…Our banking system has a lot of flaws
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by jcflex(m): 11:19am On Nov 16, 2021
Thunderfayayou:

Mine was #149k last September 11th 2020
It still feels like I lost my soul mate.

Access Bank staff was just looking at me like cinema while I complain. All they did was point to a mallam rolling himself on the floor. He just lost 4m

NIGERIA jaga jaga!

The award of most useless bank in nigeria should go to Access Bank,
on 31st Dec 2020, at around 6pm na so I receive debit alert of 30k,
they literally spoil my mood for the new year,
I know my money was moved from within the bank, the debit has no narration at all, on 5th of Jan I went to complain, I use my card to buy fuel for car on my way to the bank, I left the bank not up to 10mins this people have block my card, from Ademola adetokunbo wuse 2 branch I drive down to silverbird gallery, a journey of less than 5mins, my card was blocked, it become clearer to me say na insider work.
i ask the bank who request to give authority for my card to be blocked, no answer till today.

later I was told my previous card with Diamond bank was use to make withdrawal all the way from Luton in United Kingdom, they thot I don't have the card, they request I produce the card, both my present ATM card and the previous one was made available to Access bank,
till today them no dey answer me again.
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by Thelife: 11:20am On Nov 16, 2021
Strongbest:

Lols. My own, any amount upto 10k GTBANK bank automatically deduct about 100 -200box from it.

I asked and they said it's stamp duty. So, I have accepted that one as normal but the one I don't get about GTBANK is how they occasionally deduct money without any reason.....like, the transaction details should show what the deduction is for, at least.

Same here bro.

And the funniest part is that the transax4 details won't be on your statement of account.

I don't understand how I will be charge because my account was credited, anytime my account was credited GT will deduct 200 naira from the money and yet it won't be stated on my statement of account. I wrote a mail to them but my mail was blocked.

2 Likes

Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by nelskals(m): 11:20am On Nov 16, 2021
elpochas:
Really?mine had my own number as the buyer of the recharge card,i neva did such transaction.FBN is my bank,pls if u use FBN pls can i have d customer care number.

Had same experience till date my 1300 got lost
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by Indispensable85(m): 11:21am On Nov 16, 2021
Strongbest:

Bro, I wanted to download the app then I saw the reviews and I cancelled. More than half of the users are complaining of the bank app! Seriously, I never wanted to mention the name of bank but it's Zenith Bank

I have a zenith bank app. I have only used it twice though but I didn't have any issues. What was the nature of the complaints in the review section? I still think the App is better and more convenient than ussd.
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by Munzy14(m): 11:22am On Nov 16, 2021
Josnac:
grin

I think something is wrong with FBN USSD services. About 2weeks ago, I initiated an airtime purchase of ₦2,000..got debited but never credited.

I sent them a mail after more than 24hrs without reversal, they logged the complaint and gave 5workings days to investigate and revert..it's been more than a week..no response.

I was lucky to have had one attempt of ₦400 recharge that was unsuccessful yesterday reversed.
Issue like this are always quickly resolved when you call out these banks on twitter, but alas, Buhari and Lai mhmd don give them breathing space to fully utilise their anyhowness. This is Nigeria where every conceivable thing is rigged against you.
Keep reminding the customer care centre, they will refund...

Had similar issue with FBN via a failed POS transaction..If I relaxed, money for enter one chance....FBN is known for all this coded withdrawal especially when u by airtime..
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by kaplip(m): 11:23am On Nov 16, 2021
Same thing happened to me around 2am #250 was deducted from my FBN account
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by Munzy14(m): 11:26am On Nov 16, 2021
jcflex:

I know my money was moved from within the bank, the debit has no narration at all, on 5th of Jan I went to complain, I use my card to buy fuel for car on my way to the bank, I left the bank not up to 10mins this people have block my card, from Ademola adetokunbo wuse 2 branch I drive down to silverbird gallery, a journey of less than 5mins, my card was blocked, it become clearer to me say na insider work.
i ask the bank who request to give authority for my card to be blocked, no answer till today.

later I was told my previous card with Diamond bank was use to make withdrawal all the way from Luton in United Kingdom, they thot I don't have the card, they request I produce the card, both my present ATM card and the previous one was made available to Access bank,
Let me give you a secret, when next such happens, and you are sure of the coded theft, get a good lawyer...you will cash out..

Make it public and watch them beg you to settle out of court...slam them heavily of damages..

Banks hate court case eeh....Always wanting to wash their images.

1 Like

Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by Thelife: 11:26am On Nov 16, 2021
Strongbest:

Same here bro.

I've stoped using my GT account for now self, imagine the transaction details won't even reflect on your statement of account

1 Like

Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by Odide009: 11:26am On Nov 16, 2021
Good morning. I'm a computer, eletronics, and printer Technician, I live and work in Lagos State. Please, patronise me. I can visit anywhere withing Lagose. I also render one on one computer home training.
Thank you.
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by Strongbest(m): 11:27am On Nov 16, 2021
Indispensable85:

I have a zenith bank app. I have only used it twice though but I didn't have any issues. What was the nature of the complaints in the review section? I still think the App is better and more convenient than ussd.

And lots more. Lol

Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by Spain007(m): 11:27am On Nov 16, 2021
Josnac:
grin

I think something is wrong with FBN USSD services. About 2weeks ago, I initiated an airtime purchase of ₦2,000..got debited but never credited.

I sent them a mail after more than 24hrs without reversal, they logged the complaint and gave 5workings days to investigate and revert..it's been more than a week..no response.

I was lucky to have had one attempt of ₦400 recharge that was unsuccessful yesterday reversed.
Issue like this are always quickly resolved when you call out these banks on twitter, but alas, Buhari and Lai mhmd don give them breathing space to fully utilise their anyhowness. This is Nigeria where every conceivable thing is rigged against you.

Same thing happened to me yesterday....I recharge 2k credit from my gtbank app,was debited immediately but the credit never entered.
I called and was told to wait 24hrs...just imagine
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by Divoc19(f): 11:28am On Nov 16, 2021
If our banks really want to work, nobody will be able to steal from accounts without traces. Welcome to Nigeria, where bankers will trace accounts for theft only when the victim is their relation or a big client.

1 Like

Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by JBoss25(m): 11:30am On Nov 16, 2021
Thunderfayayou:

Access Bank staff was just looking at me like cinema while I complain. All they did was point to a mallam rolling himself on the floor. He just lost 4m

NIGERIA jaga jaga!
jesos I hope this is not true
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by Arizonaz: 11:33am On Nov 16, 2021
KazikageSama:
The transactions are from USSD as shown in the alert narration, I'm not sure changing the ATM card will stop it totally.

It will that was how in stop mine.
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by Indispensable85(m): 11:34am On Nov 16, 2021
jcflex:

You don't get results from these banks if you don't display some level of madness in their banking hall. My younger brother had similar experience. His own was 50k debit no narration. He simply drove to the bank and blocked the entry point with his car. He left the car there and went straight to the hall screaming, services were disrupted and the manager came out and requested to see him privately. After his explanation/discussion, his 50k was returned before he got to his car at the gate. Nigeria banks are seriously compromised.

5 Likes

Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by elpochas: 11:36am On Nov 16, 2021
Kingfragz:
+2347080625000
I (*894#) the more you are charged at the end of the month .....
Mine was just debited yesterday,that amount is much na,if it was done month end it wud hv bn different na.Thanks for the number sha.
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by Jostoman: 11:39am On Nov 16, 2021
I stop using GTB because of unnecessary deduction of my money
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by Indispensable85(m): 11:42am On Nov 16, 2021
Strongbest:

And lots more. Lol

Basically network and operational issues.
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by decasey(m): 11:42am On Nov 16, 2021
781.76 naira was deducted from my bank account, as I day here so , I day vex. I never get thire time yes, by the time I stom That bank, day will refund my money
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by DreamyEyes: 11:43am On Nov 16, 2021
HenryDion:
Mine was 4700 from access bank... Funny aspect, I was still with my ATM card, but the debit alert read POS.
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 16, 2021
jimmynauty:
Some days ago, I read how #200,000+ was stolen via recharge card. Yesterday I discovered #530 was deducted because It was deducted around 1:50am(

Action taken
1. Moved balance to non ATM enabled account.

2. Will change ATM at my bank.
Saw same thing on my first bank account... They deducted #223.36 at 23:59 pm when I was asleep and my phone on airplane mode.
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by Jefferyhi86(m): 11:44am On Nov 16, 2021
OP if ur account balance was mighty 6 figures u would have censored it tongue
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 16, 2021
Nlanalyst:
Airtel/Firstbank did same to me this morning too. It was just #349 sha.
same here #223.36
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by Pofgrace(m): 11:48am On Nov 16, 2021
Thunderfayayou:

NIGERIA jaga jaga!
access bank is their oga pata pata

Same thing happened to me last year.
since then I don't use ATM
Only mobile app
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 16, 2021
DreamyEyes:
bro. Good morning. Abeg You fit Help me with little cash? sad
I know We don get issues on here before but my financial situation don chronic and I have no one to run to.
I still owe those loaners 6k and they haven't stopped harrasing me.
I've dropped my pride.
Help a bro abeg smiley

Your pride is not worth anything oga. Drop it and go and hustle... Drop your pride kor, carry your dignity ni undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BVN Deadline: See The Long Queue At Unity Bank Auchi For Bank Verification NO. / Wedding: Hauwa & Meram Indimi Kamu Ceremonies (Photos) / 5 Ways To Identify Fake Currency Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.