Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

2023: It’s Lame To Deny S-east President ‘cos Of Ipob’s Agitation — Ohanaeze - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: It’s Lame To Deny S-east President ‘cos Of Ipob’s Agitation — Ohanaeze (9421 Views)

IPOB Agitation, Terrorism Require Kinetic, Non-kinetic Approaches – Shettima / Wike: I Support IPOB Agitation But Not Violence, Nnamdi Kanu Once Sang My Praise / Zambarmari Massacre: Senate President, COS, Others Pay Condolence To Borno (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: It’s Lame To Deny S-east President ‘cos Of Ipob’s Agitation — Ohanaeze by Deadlytruth(m): 4:49am On Nov 17, 2021
kettykin:

Ethiopia and Eritrea are very good African examples of how people who were skeptical about each other resolved their skepticism. Malaysia and Singapore are another example from Asia awhile the former Soviet union decide to part ways . The question is why is Nigeria case any different. If you feel the problem is Igbo then a plebiscite will solve it . But if the remaining Nigerians are not open to plebiscite and still don't want fair play, equity and real unity ,then the issue os Nigerians. Kenyans did not have anu sizeable population in the united states'before an Obama was produced
But it was the same Igbos that successfully laboured to kill every motion to have such plebiscite in our constitution. Those who had the foresight that there was the need to put in place structures that would help resolve the mutual skepticism exactly the way you suggest were insulted and labeled enemies of Nigeria and agents of sectional agenda by Igbos who even instigated the British to threaten them with treason charges.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: It’s Lame To Deny S-east President ‘cos Of Ipob’s Agitation — Ohanaeze by Deadlytruth(m): 5:09am On Nov 17, 2021
barragan:
APC fielding an Igbo man for presidency is a political suicide.
I have been hammering on this too. If APC tries it, the party will go extinct within 4 years. If the PDP they have so much worshipped, slaved for, sacrificed blindly for and insulted all other tribes in defense of in the last 22 years is hesitant to reward them with their 2023 ticket, then APC would be too naive to hand them its own in pursuit of the so-called justice, national unity and fair play. Does PDP forbid working for national unity, justice and fair play too?

2 Likes

Re: 2023: It’s Lame To Deny S-east President ‘cos Of Ipob’s Agitation — Ohanaeze by Deadlytruth(m): 5:20am On Nov 17, 2021
jrusky:
Will these fools
shut da f u c k You bloody Ohanashit opened book of Lamentation now isn't?

I will say it over and over the structure to concensus pick regional candidate for presidency had been destroyed by this current administration and Ipob whatever buried it completely. If any region want presidencythey should work for it or let's the break up agitation carry on but for anyone thinking in his silly senses that presidency will be given to him like convid palliative its a big joke.

Didn't I said it then that the approach Kanu and ipob shit took on this succession struggle has further blacken the chance for any SE to rule this country And the useless, hitler kids, misguided online juvenile demented a s s holes e-warriors came upon me to called me Afonja Aboki etc but here we are.

They want presidency in a country they claimed they do not belong. They want presidency but not ready to play national politics. They want presidency but hate every other tribes in Nigeria. They want president but love grabbing peoples land and called themselves bloody developer shit. They want presidency but overlly arrogant and chest beat. They want president everybody is nobody except them. They want presidency they locked their region against other Nigeria tribes if you are not from SE only cow and Suya you can sell every other business no way, their land they will never sell to you but can buy land in Kaduna, Lagos, Nassarawa, Benin, Lokoja but will never sell to Edi man or Yoruba man or Hausa man in their area.

Go and grab the presidency nah.

Be a true Nigerian devoid of hate and play national politics first then talk presidency or hold your peace.

If my post upset you snipper still less than N700 s it's still affordable.

Good day.

Your comment is very true and factual but per the bolded, that structure was destroyed by Jonathan when he decided to contest in 2011 against the fact that according to the PDP zoning agreement a Northerner was supposed to have been allowed to complete Yaradua's tenure. Recall that such was the honest position of Ogbulafor the PDP national chairman back then but Jonathan quietened him by throwing up fictitious corruption charges against him.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: It’s Lame To Deny S-east President ‘cos Of Ipob’s Agitation — Ohanaeze by Deadlytruth(m): 5:30am On Nov 17, 2021
Burruchaga71:
God knows that there will be nothing like Nigeria if South East is denied presidency in 2023
When your historical political alliance partners, The Northern Oligarchy, denied your Ekweme the presidency in 1999 for a less qualified Obasanjo, what did you do other than to even go ahead and vote massively for Obasanjo? You would make a lot of money if you look the way of fiction writing.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: It’s Lame To Deny S-east President ‘cos Of Ipob’s Agitation — Ohanaeze by Nobody: 5:34am On Nov 17, 2021
Was and Is Boko Haram a secessionist movement? What faction of Boko Haram referred to our dear country as a ZOO?

Why compare Ipob to BokoHaram?

Why do you keep begging for power instead of nominating your people for your party’s card and competing fair and square with other ethnic groups? Why should the igbos be treated with special treatment?

Keep wailing! grin

2 Likes

Re: 2023: It’s Lame To Deny S-east President ‘cos Of Ipob’s Agitation — Ohanaeze by Deadlytruth(m): 6:03am On Nov 17, 2021
LLiKYekoba:
Don't mind the evil idiots looking for silly excuses to continue to promote their injustice.

Were the yorubas denied presidency when they agitated violently with their Odua people's Congress in 1999?

Were the fulanis denied presidency in 2015 when they formed Boko haram, ISWAP, fulani herdsmen terrorists killing people everywhere.

2023 will determine how you want you want your 'One nigeria'. If you wont do the right thing for justice and equity sake, then starve your almajiris and buy more ammunitions because you'll need it in your foolish quest to keep nigeria one with will the injustices therein.

After wasting all that money, your nigeria will still capitulate by the Grace of God because of your wickedness.

What Yorubas agitated for was not presidency but that a sovereign National Conference be convened to renegotiate Nigeria. Agitation for MKO presidency was more of a pan-Nigerian thing than a Yoruba thing. The Niger Deltans too didn't agitate for presidency but for resource control which was almost same in meaning and purpose as the SNC which Yorubas asked for. Fulanis didn't use Boko Haram and Fulani Herdsmen menace to agitate for presidency else these two groups would have stopped their activities since 2015 when their brother, Buhari, got into power.
But let us even take it hypothetically with you that these militia groups of these regions agitated for presidency with their actions. But the question you have to answer is whether they insulted every other tribe in their agitations or only directed their grouse against the federal government?
Did OPC ever insult other regions and blame them for the predicaments they were protesting against? Did Niger Delta Militants ever insult Northerners as a region or Yorubas as a whole for the biodegradation problem they were protesting agains or even the Igbos who actually caused their problem by way of Aguiyi Ironsi's Unification Decreet? Did Boko Haram or even Fulani herdsmen ever insult any tribe in the process of their agitation against the FG? But Ipobians have insulted other tribes and even focused less on the FG in their agitations and that exactly is why other tribes won't support Igbo presidency like they have done to the presidential bids of Niger Deltans, Yorubas and Fulanis. Igbos should first go and learn how to carry out violent or peaceful agitation with decorum and respect for other tribes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: It’s Lame To Deny S-east President ‘cos Of Ipob’s Agitation — Ohanaeze by mrvitalis(m): 7:12am On Nov 17, 2021
Deadlytruth:

What Yorubas agitated for was not presidency but that a sovereign National Conference be convened to renegotiate Nigeria. Agitation for MKO presidency was more of a pan-Nigerian thing than a Yoruba thing. The Niger Deltans too didn't agitate for presidency but for resource control which was almost same in meaning and purpose as the SNC which Yorubas asked for. Fulanis didn't use Boko Haram and Fulani Herdsmen menace to agitate for presidency else these two groups would have stopped their activities since 2015 when their brother, Buhari, got into power.
But let us even take it hypothetically with you that these militia groups of these regions agitated for presidency with their actions. But the question you have to answer is whether they insulted every other tribe in their agitations or only directed their grouse against the federal government?
Did OPC ever insult other regions and blame them for the predicaments they were protesting against? Did Niger Delta Militants ever insult Northerners as a region or Yorubas as a whole for the biodegradation problem they were protesting agains or even the Igbos who actually caused their problem by way of Aguiyi Ironsi's Unification Decreet? Did Boko Haram or even Fulani herdsmen ever insult any tribe in the process of their agitation against the FG? But Ipobians have insulted other tribes and even focused less on the FG in their agitations and that exactly is why other tribes won't support Igbo presidency like they have done to the presidential bids of Niger Deltans, Yorubas and Fulanis. Igbos should first go and learn how to carry out violent or peaceful agitation with decorum and respect for other tribes.
LMAO I blame Igbos who still believe in one Nigeria

On one hand u want presidency handed to the south on a platter but don't want to zone it to south east

Why I laugh is simple ... without zoning it's numerically impossible for a southerner to become president in the present Nigeria structure ...but hatred for igbos that even u don't know the reason for ( but I can tell u Sha ) is preventing you from seeing this lmao
Re: 2023: It’s Lame To Deny S-east President ‘cos Of Ipob’s Agitation — Ohanaeze by jrusky(m): 10:14am On Nov 17, 2021
Deadlytruth:

Your comment is very true and factual but per the bolded, that structure was destroyed by Jonathan when he decided to contest in 2011 against the fact that according to the PDP zoning agreement a Northerner was supposed to have been allowed to complete Yaradua's tenure. Recall that such was the honest position of Ogbulafor the PDP national chairman back then but Jonathan quietened him by throwing up fictitious corruption charges against him.

Thanks for correcting me on that part, haven't said these as at the time of Yardua/Jonathan it would difficult to surpassed Gej after the death of Yardua and bring in someone else to be the president it would be unconstitutional and lead to political fracas I believed that was what played out then if I'm correct.

And as per the way SE are going about the presidency I'm in total disagreement with them despite I'm from that region. If you believe in a dream fight and ready to die for it but sitting in their comfort zone and want to grab and enjoy dream they never want in the first place talkless fighting for it is unacceptable and unfair to others. That is my stand.

If they want presidency they should play national politics and open their doors to everyone.

God bless bro.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: It’s Lame To Deny S-east President ‘cos Of Ipob’s Agitation — Ohanaeze by Deadlytruth(m): 7:59pm On Nov 17, 2021
mrvitalis:

LMAO I blame Igbos who still believe in one Nigeria

On one hand u want presidency handed to the south on a platter but don't want to zone it to south east

Why I laugh is simple ... without zoning it's numerically impossible for a southerner to become president in the present Nigeria structure ...but hatred for igbos that even u don't know the reason for ( but I can tell u Sha ) is preventing you from seeing this lmao
MKO, a Southerner, won the 1993 election by a landslide without zoning.
If at all zoning now really has Influence on the road to presidency, then even Northerners are affected. Recall that as a Southerner, Jonathan won the 2011 election just after he destroyed zoning. You know why it worked for him?
Answer: his tribe and region were not known for insulting other tribes hence he got sympathy from the entire South and most middle Belt areas. Likewise, Yorubas are not known for insulting every other tribe and that explains why Tinubu is currently finding sympathy across five regions already except the SE for obvious reasons.
The day Igbos unlearn the culture of baseless bitterness and political insolence is the day Igbo presidency will become attractive to all other tribes. No one hates Igbos for the mere fact that they are Igbos, but because of their irritating attitude.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: It’s Lame To Deny S-east President ‘cos Of Ipob’s Agitation — Ohanaeze by mrvitalis(m): 8:09pm On Nov 17, 2021
Deadlytruth:

MKO, a Southerner, won the 1993 election by a landslide without zoning.
If at all zoning now really has Influence on the road to presidency, then even Northerners are affected. Recall that as a Southerner, Jonathan won the 2011 election just after he destroyed zoning. You know why it worked for him?
Answer: his tribe and region were not known for insulting other tribes hence he got sympathy from the entire South and most middle Belt areas. Likewise, Yorubas are not known for insulting every other tribe and that explains why Tinubu is currently finding sympathy across five regions already except the SE for obvious reasons.
The day Igbos unlearn the culture of baseless bitterness and political insolence is the day Igbo presidency will become attractive to all other tribes. No one hates Igbos for the mere fact that they are Igbos, but because of their irritating attitude.

When people like u talk I laugh ...when has the opinion of the masses ever mattered ?

With all Yoruba retorics didn't obj become president even against wish of Yorubas ?

Who has insulted Nigerian political elite more than Yoruba leaders ffk and fayose ? Name any Igbo politically leaders than have done that ?

Igbos are not hated they are envied n feared because of their own success...it's not easy seeing outsiders living in the best area of your city ,driving big cars n yet not humble about it ...

If u hate igbos u should be pushing to leave Nigeria because igbos are biggest beneficiary of Nigeria
Re: 2023: It’s Lame To Deny S-east President ‘cos Of Ipob’s Agitation — Ohanaeze by Deadlytruth(m): 9:12pm On Nov 17, 2021
mrvitalis:

When people like u talk I laugh ...when has the opinion of the masses ever mattered ?

With all Yoruba retorics didn't obj become president even against wish of Yorubas ?

Who has insulted Nigerian political elite more than Yoruba leaders ffk and fayose ? Name any Igbo politically leaders than have done that ?

Igbos are not hated they are envied n feared because of their own success...it's not easy seeing outsiders living in the best area of your city ,driving big cars n yet not humble about it ...

If u hate igbos u should be pushing to leave Nigeria because igbos are biggest beneficiary of Nigeria

If the opinion of the masses don't matter, then why do politicians buy their votes for as much as $50 on the average in all election seasons?
Only Yorubas can't determine who becomes president, likewise only the North can't else Buhari wouldn't have needed to seek alliance with the SW in 2015 but just relied on his solid hold on the North. Obasanjo became president in 1999 because Igbos and the SS colluded with theit usual allies, the North, whose candidate he obviously was. So it was a matter of some section of the South choosing to please their Northern masters once again at the detriment of the Southern interest. But when the whole South united behind Jonathan without any section selling out, Jonathan won straight and that is why I still maintain that a united South is all that is needed for a Southerner to become president. At independence, both the popular votes and MP seats of the Southern parties combined dwarfed that of the North but because Igbos chose to sell out, the South couldn't produce the Prime minister and that seved as the foundation of all that the South came to suffer till today in the Nigeria project. .
Per the aspect of insults, you are just trying to deliberately deviate from my point which is that Igbos have insulted tribes in the collective sense unlike other tribes. I am not talking of individual politicians who are even more insulted by their own tribesmen. The singular politian whom Fayose insults most is his very kinsman Obasanjo. FFK has insulted Tinubu more than he has done to any other non-Yoruba. But you won't hear FFK or Fayose insult Igbos, Hausas, Edos, Ijaws, Fulanis collectively as Kanu does to the applause of his fellow Igbos. Reno Omokri may chide and throw veiled insults at Tinubu, Buhari, etc but he will never target the entire Yorubas as a tribe. But Kanu and lot other Igbo public figures have severally insulted the Edos as a tribe, the Ijaws in the collective sense, the Yorubas as a tribe, the Hausas and Fulanis as tribes, etc. There lies the difference.

There is really nothing to envy about the Igbos. This theory of envy was invented to play down on the fact that the distrust and hatred for Igbos stems from the fact that they carried out a coup which at the conception stage had the objective of eliminating all the allegedly corrupt politicians only for them to, at the execution stage, griuesomely kill the politicians of all other regions while they helped theirs escape to safety. This is the basis for the hatred and mistrust for Igbos. Forget all the concocted stories of envy of their actually unattractive and inconsequential success which they only know of in monetary terms.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: It’s Lame To Deny S-east President ‘cos Of Ipob’s Agitation — Ohanaeze by christistruth01: 9:18pm On Nov 17, 2021
Aufbauh:
Ohaneze and their too much talk.

Meanwhile even if an Igbo candidate emerges unopposed across board he won't still win cus he will not get the required winning percentage.

There will be serious Voters apathy in different parts of the country except the SE.
The candidate won't secure 25% in any of the Northern States and they'll have to beg people with money in the southern States to come out & vote.
This is how bad Ipob unpatriotic behavior has put the igboman to the sword, but it is the bitter reality.

That is if IPOB will even allow SE people to Vote without Murdering them

2 Likes

Re: 2023: It’s Lame To Deny S-east President ‘cos Of Ipob’s Agitation — Ohanaeze by MasterofNL: 9:28pm On Nov 17, 2021
LLiKYekoba:
Don't mind the evil idiots looking for silly excuses to continue to promote their injustice.

Were the yorubas denied presidency when they agitated violently with their Odua people's Congress in 1999?

Were the fulanis denied presidency in 2015 when they formed Boko haram, ISWAP, fulani herdsmen terrorists killing people everywhere.

2023 will determine how you want you want your 'One nigeria'. If you wont do the right thing for justice and equity sake, then starve your almajiris and buy more ammunitions because you'll need it in your foolish quest to keep nigeria one with will the injustices therein.

After wasting all that money, your nigeria will still capitulate by the Grace of God because of your wickedness.

God bless you.

This is the best comment here and summarises everything.
Re: 2023: It’s Lame To Deny S-east President ‘cos Of Ipob’s Agitation — Ohanaeze by mrvitalis(m): 9:35pm On Nov 17, 2021
Deadlytruth:

If the opinion of the masses don't matter, then why do politicians buy their votes for as much as $50 on the average in all election seasons?
Only Yorubas can't determine who becomes president, likewise only the North can't hence Buhari wouldn't have needed to seek alliance with the SW in 2015 but just relied on his solid hold on the North. Obasanjo became president in 1999 because Igbos and the SS colluded with theit usual allies, the North, whose candidate he obviously was. So it was a matter of some section of the South choosing to please their Northern masters once again at the detriment of the Southern interest. But when the whole South united behind Jonathan without any section selling out, Jonathan won straight and that is why I still maintain that a united South is all that is needed for a Southerner to become president. At independence, both the popular votes and MP seats of the Southern parties combined dwarfed that of the North but because Igbos chose to sell out, the South couldn't produce the Prime minister and that seved as the foundation of all that the South came to suffer till today in the Nigeria project. .
Per the aspect of insults, you are just trying to deliberately deviate from my point which is that Igbos have insulted tribes in the collective sense unlike other tribes. I am not talking of individual politicians who are even more insulted by their own tribesmen. The singular politian whom Faypse insults most is his very kinsman Obasanjo. FFK has insulted Tinubu more than he has done to any other non-Yoruba. But you won't hear FFK or Fayose insult Igbos, Hausas, Edos, Ijaws, Fulanis collectively as Kanu does to the applause of his fellow Igbos. Reno Omokri may chide and throw veiled insults at Tinubu, Buhari, etc but he will never target the entire Yorubas as a tribe. But Kanu and lot other Igbo public figures have severally insulted the Edos as a tribe, the Ijaws in the collective sense, the Yorubas as a tribe, the Hausas and Fulanis as tribes, etc. There lies the difference.

There is really nothing to envy about the Igbos. This theory of envy was invented to play down on the fact that the distrust and hatred for Igbos stems from the fact that they carried out a coup which at the conception stage had the objective of eliminating all the allegedly corrupt politicians only for them to, at the execution stage, griuesomely kill the politicians of all other regions while they helped theirs escape to safety. This is the basis for the hatred and mistrust for Igbos. Forget all the concoted stories of envy of their actually unattractive and inconsequential success which they only know of in monetary terms.
So kanu is now Igbo political leader ? LMAO
Re: 2023: It’s Lame To Deny S-east President ‘cos Of Ipob’s Agitation — Ohanaeze by bn2murphy(m): 9:03am On Dec 23, 2021
LLiKYekoba:

If you were not up to 15 years in 1999, you are still a kid as regards nigerian political matters. OPC promoted mayhem and anarchy.
Against the state? But hoodlums, like becoming unordained sheriff, jungle justice, go to places security officers dare not, harass and criticuse the government midemenour, yes.
Tell me one or two against the Nigeria state.
Re: 2023: It’s Lame To Deny S-east President ‘cos Of Ipob’s Agitation — Ohanaeze by bn2murphy(m): 1:13pm On Apr 16, 2022
LLiKYekoba:

If you were not up to 15 years in 1999, you are still a kid as regards nigerian political matters. OPC promoted mayhem and anarchy.
Really, that's why GEJ gave them security contract due to their track records?
That shows OPC was positive not negative
Re: 2023: It’s Lame To Deny S-east President ‘cos Of Ipob’s Agitation — Ohanaeze by Akponmfet: 1:37pm On Apr 16, 2022
Who's stopping these fools from contesting for the office of president ?
There's over 15 political parties in Nigeria,please buy forms and contest. The only problem is that we as Nigerians have the right to vote whoever we like and in this case we also have the right not to vote whoever we don't like.
Most of us will never vote for a Biafra
man,if you like cry from now till thy kingdom come.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kano APC Crisis: Supreme Court To Deliver Judgement On Friday / 2023: APC Campaign Council Dismisses Poll Giving Obi Lead / Anambra Traders Decry Monumental Economic Losses During Monday Sit-at-home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.