Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

Ibom Air Signs An Agreement With Air Bus For The Supply Of 10 New Aircrafts - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ibom Air Signs An Agreement With Air Bus For The Supply Of 10 New Aircrafts (32027 Views)

The 10 Greatest Commercial Passenger Aircrafts( Planes) Of All Time / Ibomair To Welcome 2 New Aircrafts By March 2021 - Governor Udom / Flight Resumption: Air Peace Flies All Its Aircrafts Across Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibom Air Signs An Agreement With Air Bus For The Supply Of 10 New Aircrafts by Nelgenius4me(m): 5:41am On Nov 17, 2021
MadamVanessa:
Abasi diong Akwa Ibom nnyin, yak mkpo ofon afid owo, Amen.
please interpret I need to understand this prayer
Re: Ibom Air Signs An Agreement With Air Bus For The Supply Of 10 New Aircrafts by Amodi470(m): 6:30am On Nov 17, 2021
So Akwa Ibom has a lot of money, i think Mr. President should borrow from them.
Re: Ibom Air Signs An Agreement With Air Bus For The Supply Of 10 New Aircrafts by Ilaumoh(m): 7:28am On Nov 17, 2021
Nelgenius4me:
please interpret I need to understand this prayer
may God bless Akwa ibom and may we continue to prosper . Amen
Re: Ibom Air Signs An Agreement With Air Bus For The Supply Of 10 New Aircrafts by Ilaumoh(m): 7:29am On Nov 17, 2021
Amodi470:
So Akwa Ibom has a lot of money, i think Mr. President should borrow from them.
He should borrow from sub national abi
Re: Ibom Air Signs An Agreement With Air Bus For The Supply Of 10 New Aircrafts by Newboss(m): 8:27am On Nov 17, 2021
Ilaumoh:

What’s the difference between your present and your past?
No be same mumu talk e dey be

I never said it won't last a year.
Re: Ibom Air Signs An Agreement With Air Bus For The Supply Of 10 New Aircrafts by Nelgenius4me(m): 8:38am On Nov 17, 2021
Ilaumoh:
may God bless Akwa ibom and may we continue to prosper . Amen
Thanks.
Re: Ibom Air Signs An Agreement With Air Bus For The Supply Of 10 New Aircrafts by madridsta007(m): 2:38pm On Nov 17, 2021
frankson1:

How about "this man" competing with Atiku....who will win?

Atiku will.

Nigerians still largely vote on ethnic and religiuous sentiments.
Re: Ibom Air Signs An Agreement With Air Bus For The Supply Of 10 New Aircrafts by Cognitivereason: 3:48pm On Nov 17, 2021
They are not meant for ignoramuses
Ilaumoh:
Gather all these trash u wrote and sent it to your village people, cos we don’t need the trash here ok
Re: Ibom Air Signs An Agreement With Air Bus For The Supply Of 10 New Aircrafts by tshtsh: 4:02pm On Nov 17, 2021
perambulator:

My friend stop trying to sound knowledgeable by spouting irrelevancies you just picked up on google, you dont know more about aviation than I do, it is an industry I have a keen interest in and have followed for decades, I dont need an ABC lesson or an idiot's guide to planes. My issue (if you cared to read my posts clearly) was domestic flights, these planes are not viable for domestic routes...that is all I said. It has since been posted that these planes are meant for medium haul continental flights. Focus first on your understanding of English.

As for your nonsense about prized jewel and settling for less (again showing how little you know)...that is why Nigerian airlines have failed in the past, they all want to get flashy planes whose economics are not suited for the domestic routes they are deployed on. I can tell you for a fact than any airline in Nigeria deploying Airbus or Boeing on domestic routes will eventually lose money. You dont sustain an airline on ego but economics. Again I have since been corrected that these A220 planes are meant for continental routes.

Before English fails you again, see below:

domestic: e.g kano, Lagos, Abuja etc
continental: e.g Accra, Banjul etc
inter-continental: e.g London, New-York, Dubai etc

I just stumbled on your post. I also have a flare for aviation and looked up the internet to see if I could find one or two details about the order . So it looks like they ordered for 7 A220-100s and 3 A220-300s but since I haven't seen there business plan I dont want to be too critical of these orders.
Nevertheless if I was asked to comment I'll say that Nigeria of today has very little petro-dollars compared to 30-40 years ago thus the idea of buying A220s for domestic operation is a bit of a luxury to me. A unit cost between $80-$100 million and Nigerians today cannot easily afford $100 (NGN55,000 )for a one way ticket. Somebody criticized airpeace for buying E195 E2 instead of A220 & I said the cost of 2 A220 will buy you 3 E195-E2. The E195 E2 is more fuel efficient than the A220 and air peace does not need the extra range of the A220 for their domestic operations. Infact the cheaper E195 E2 can fly from Lagos to almost any african city except cape town & johannesburg. Super eagles flew on it non-stop to cape verde, douala & morrocco. So my guess is that akwa ibom tax payers will end up funding this luxury for the sake of their pride.

1 Like

Re: Ibom Air Signs An Agreement With Air Bus For The Supply Of 10 New Aircrafts by tshtsh: 4:05pm On Nov 17, 2021
Focusmind:
I need to see the financials of this company to give my commendation. I am not a fan of Nigerian Politicians. A project cannot be accumulating huge debt and costs without commiserate return on investment.

Ibom Air should publish its books, stating appropriation of profits so that we see the financial contribution of the airline to the State coffers.
Nigerian politicians can do anything for hype and camera. For those that will come for me, you are on your own. If you want, continue to be excited about little things that these politicians dish to you.

Oga there is no profit (at least for now). The government is pumping in money into it from their FAAC allocation and IGR.
Re: Ibom Air Signs An Agreement With Air Bus For The Supply Of 10 New Aircrafts by tshtsh: 4:09pm On Nov 17, 2021
perambulator:

You can tell an airline that will/will not succeed in Nigeria by the type of planes they are buying for local routes. it shows they lack understanding of their industry. Anybody buying airbus/Boeing for local routes wont be in business very long. What you need in Nigeria are regional jets Bombardier CRJs and Embraer ERJs

You spoke my mind. The airlines that survived for long have one thing in common - The operated narrow body aircrafts. Boeing and airbus only manufacture mid-body and wide-body aircrafts but I don't know where to place A220 as it looks more mid-body than narrow body

1 Like

Re: Ibom Air Signs An Agreement With Air Bus For The Supply Of 10 New Aircrafts by Myself2(m): 4:20pm On Nov 17, 2021
Ilaumoh:

Dumbo next time stay off thread that is above your mental digestion ok

Disused ass wipe, how can you say the brain is used for digestion ? What manner of idiocy runs in your lineage ?
Re: Ibom Air Signs An Agreement With Air Bus For The Supply Of 10 New Aircrafts by tshtsh: 4:33pm On Nov 17, 2021
Atouke:

Ibom air already owns 5 CRJ 900 and 2 A220. They have been in business for more than 2years, and so far the preferred airline in Nigeria domestic route.
You want to tell us you know more about the choice of aircraft for their routes. Than their actual practical experience.
Ibom air wants to be a regional carrier meaning they will soon be going everywhere in Africa. Those regional jets don't have the range to travel from Uyo to say south Africa or Ethiopia. But a220 will and can go from uyo to London if they choose that route.
Dont cry more than the grieved.
His point is also valid sir however I can tell you that Ibom air is becoming more like what the governor wants to project as his legacy. When a politician speaks most times they tell us what we want to hear. In Nigeria's constitution Aviation is one of the items on the exclusive list. Which means that there is a limit to what the governor can achieve with ibom air. Today the FG has allowed for only 4 or 5 gateway airports into/out of Nigeria (kano for NW/NE, abuja for NC, Enugu for SE, PHC for SS and LOS for SW). People and strong aviation pressure groups have been lobbying the FG to reduce the number of gateway airports to two to enable domestic airlines grow thus in light of this I don't see FG opening Uyo airport for regional operations to south africa, cameroon, Gabon.. as you've mentioned.

Secondly, as we all know aircrafts generate money while flying and not while parked on the tarmac. Ibom air currently operates two A220s which they wet-leased from air sinai (they dont own the aircraft and their staff are not allowed to pilot it). These planes only operate 6 flights (sectors) a day. You can verify this information on flightradar24. An aircraft like this should be flying 16 hours or more daily .6 domestic flights amounts to about 5 hours of flying time after which it is parked till the next day. If you look at airpeace they operate each of their new embraer aircrafts on at least 8 flights daily but most days they run 10 flights a day. On some days they operate 8 flights in the day time and fly to dakar and banjul over the night time and return shortly before day break for the next day's operations. That way they are able to earn more revenue from each aircraft.

Thirdly , Nigeria became a popular destination for boeing and airbus jets during the oil boom. With the current economic realities boeing and airbus products are a sort of luxury to nigerian operators as they cant begin to charge 70k for one way ticket when the vast majority of the population earn below a certain threshold. Lagos and abuja will continue to control most air passenger traffic for a long time to come and they'll have to shut down those gateway airports for people to consider flying in and out of nigeria through uyo airport.
Re: Ibom Air Signs An Agreement With Air Bus For The Supply Of 10 New Aircrafts by Mrtaye: 6:54pm On Nov 17, 2021
MadamVanessa:

Idioke eyeneka mmi
Lolz am actually Yoruba but I love Akwa Ibom for it's penchant for pretty and fair ladies
Re: Ibom Air Signs An Agreement With Air Bus For The Supply Of 10 New Aircrafts by Ilaumoh(m): 9:11pm On Nov 17, 2021
Myself2:

Disused ass wipe, how can you say the brain is used for digestion ? What manner of idiocy runs in your lineage ?
just like stupidity duels in your family
Re: Ibom Air Signs An Agreement With Air Bus For The Supply Of 10 New Aircrafts by bdon123(m): 9:27pm On Nov 17, 2021
Ilaumoh:
so you want us to go and buy a fat a380 abi
Not wat m saying bro.A380 is for intercontinental trips not local trips.Was jst trying to educate u...peace

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Few Pics From Jamaica / Name Top Ten Countries In Africa With The Most Beautiful Women: Please Rank Them / Governor Sanwo-Olu Has Started Fixing Roads In Lagos State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.