Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,467 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

SPOTLIGHT: Lt Colonel Bello, The Man Who Led Lekki Massacre And Shunned Judicial - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SPOTLIGHT: Lt Colonel Bello, The Man Who Led Lekki Massacre And Shunned Judicial (6399 Views)

Lt Colonel Abubakar-Surajo Imam: 1st Nigeria Army Officer To Bag A Professorship / Brigadier General F.O. Omata Led Lekki Killing - Femi Fani-Kayode (Photos) / Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto Playing Cricket In Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

SPOTLIGHT: Lt Colonel Bello, The Man Who Led Lekki Massacre And Shunned Judicial by Adebeeyi: 2:39pm On Nov 16, 2021
SPOTLIGHT: Lt Colonel Bello, the Man Who Led Lekki Massacre and Shunned Judicial Panel | FIJ

In November, Brig-Gen Musa Etsu-Ndagi, the commander, 9 Brigade, Nigerian Army, said he received a phone call from Babajide Sanwo-Olu.
#EndSARS

https://fij.ng/article/spotlight-lt-colonel-bello-the-man-who-led-lekki-massacre-and-shunned-judicial-panel/

Re: SPOTLIGHT: Lt Colonel Bello, The Man Who Led Lekki Massacre And Shunned Judicial by festacman(m): 3:02pm On Nov 16, 2021
The burden of obeying superior's orders.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: SPOTLIGHT: Lt Colonel Bello, The Man Who Led Lekki Massacre And Shunned Judicial by sweetonugbu: 3:14pm On Nov 16, 2021
Following
Re: SPOTLIGHT: Lt Colonel Bello, The Man Who Led Lekki Massacre And Shunned Judicial by Chapii: 3:17pm On Nov 16, 2021
I am not and can never be a Fan of Tinubu, Lai or Buhari and I agree largely with the report of the Panel but the entire reportage is not balanced.

The government of the day LASG and FG (largely IG of Police) did not manage the entire EndSars protest professionally. The brute force that was used to disperse the protest at Lekki toll gate was the only option left for the Government at that point in time and these are my reasons.
1. Why is nobody reporting that the government allowed the protest to last for over 2 weeks in lagos, Abuja and several other cities meaning that the govt. recognizes the right to protest.
2. Why is nobody talking about how the protest at the toll gate gave birth to many other protest sites in several parts of lagos was making normal life unbearable for other citizens due to road blocks and all.
3. Why is nobody talking about how the protest have degenerated into a crisis situation with prison break, burning of Police stations, killing of police men, looting and destruction etc. As at 7pm of 20.10.20, over 30 police stations in Lagos was on fire and several policemen killed.
Last but not the least, the people that were at the lekki toll gate protest venue at the time of arrival of the military cannot be said to be law abiding. They were defying a government imposed curfew which is to take effect by 4pm that day.
Citizens have all right to protest but the government should also be up and doing in managing the overall security situation in the communities. My 2 cents

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SPOTLIGHT: Lt Colonel Bello, The Man Who Led Lekki Massacre And Shunned Judicial by houseontherock: 3:23pm On Nov 16, 2021
Where is the vulture griller? Where is hell's anus? Where are the "no killing at Lekki" crew?

4 Likes

Re: SPOTLIGHT: Lt Colonel Bello, The Man Who Led Lekki Massacre And Shunned Judicial by luizpippo(m): 3:39pm On Nov 16, 2021
Chapii:
I am not and can never be a Fan of Tinubu and I agree largely with the report of the Panel but the entire reportage is not balanced.

The government of the day LASG and FG (largely IG of Police) did not manage the entire EndSars protest professionally. The brute force that was used to disperse the protest at Lekki toll gate was the only option left for the Government at that point in time and these are my reasons.
1. Why is nobody saying that the government allowed the protest to last for over 2 weeks in lagos, Abuja and several other cities meaning that the govt. recognizes the right to protest.
2. Why is nobody talking about how the protest at the toll gate gave birth to many other protest sites in several parts of lagos was making normal life unbearable for other citizens due to road blocks and all.
3. Why is nobody talking about how the protest have degenerated into a crisis situation with prison break, burning of Police stations, killing of police men, looting and destruction etc. As at 7pm of 20.10.20, over 30 police stations in Lagos was on fire and several policemen killed.
Last but not the least, the people that were at the lekki toll gate protest venue at the time of arrival of the military cannot be said to be law abiding. They were defying a government imposed curfew which is to take effect by 4pm that day.
Citizens have all right to protest but the government should also be up and doing in managing the overall security situation in the communities. My 2 cents

Curfew was to start at 9pm

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: SPOTLIGHT: Lt Colonel Bello, The Man Who Led Lekki Massacre And Shunned Judicial by christistruth01: 3:39pm On Nov 16, 2021
the Report is fake

Here is Nathaniel Solomon who was no 46 on that useless fake list and listed as dead at Lekki Toll gate granting Punch Newspaper an Interview on 11 Sep 2021

He was also awarded N25 Million for the only Lekki fatality his brother

There was no Lekki Massacre

https://punchng.com/video-i-fainte

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: SPOTLIGHT: Lt Colonel Bello, The Man Who Led Lekki Massacre And Shunned Judicial by manlawal(m): 3:57pm On Nov 16, 2021
christistruth01:
the Report is fake

Here is Nathaniel Solomon who was no 46 on that useless fake list and listed as dead at Lekki Toll gate granting Punch Newspaper an Interview on 11 Sep 2021

stop exposing your stupidity , his brother was killed there are other pages where it states that he is the deceased brother

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SPOTLIGHT: Lt Colonel Bello, The Man Who Led Lekki Massacre And Shunned Judicial by christistruth01: 4:22pm On Nov 16, 2021
manlawal:
stop exposing your stupidity , his brother was killed there are other pages where it states that he is the deceased brother

No
His brother was Abuta Solomon was number 2 of the same report he was no 46 and both were listed as dead

Yet Nathaniel Solomon was also present at the Tribunal and gave Punch Newspaper an Interview on 11 September 2021

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: SPOTLIGHT: Lt Colonel Bello, The Man Who Led Lekki Massacre And Shunned Judicial by christistruth01: 4:23pm On Nov 16, 2021
Chapii:
I am not and can never be a Fan of Tinubu and I agree largely with the report of the Panel but the entire reportage is not balanced.

1. Why is nobody saying that the government allowed the protest to last for over 2 weeks in lagos, Abuja and several other cities meaning that the govt. recognizes the right to protest.

The Murdered Policemen were not even Listed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: SPOTLIGHT: Lt Colonel Bello, The Man Who Led Lekki Massacre And Shunned Judicial by Chapii: 4:35pm On Nov 16, 2021
luizpippo:

Curfew was to start at 9pm
It was extended for those stuck in traffic to get home not for ppl to keep gyrating at Lekki toll gate

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SPOTLIGHT: Lt Colonel Bello, The Man Who Led Lekki Massacre And Shunned Judicial by Conner44: 4:36pm On Nov 16, 2021
christistruth01:

The Murdered Policemen were not even Listed

All the other mayhem and killings were done after the initial shooting at the tollgate because of the anger of the masses.

Your wailing is dead on arrival

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: SPOTLIGHT: Lt Colonel Bello, The Man Who Led Lekki Massacre And Shunned Judicial by leokid866: 4:42pm On Nov 16, 2021
Conner44:

All the other mayhem and killings were done after the initial shooting at the tollgate because of the anger of the masses.

Not true, the morning of the shooting a police station was burnt and a policeman had been killled.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: SPOTLIGHT: Lt Colonel Bello, The Man Who Led Lekki Massacre And Shunned Judicial by KoshCAD: 4:49pm On Nov 16, 2021
christistruth01:
the Report is fake

Oponu blind man.

What was written on Nathaniel that you posted and what was written on the list.

Buhari slave.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: SPOTLIGHT: Lt Colonel Bello, The Man Who Led Lekki Massacre And Shunned Judicial by Conner44: 4:51pm On Nov 16, 2021
leokid866:
Not true, the morning of the shooting a police station was burnt and a policeman had been killled.

Where exactly did this happen

1 Like

Re: SPOTLIGHT: Lt Colonel Bello, The Man Who Led Lekki Massacre And Shunned Judicial by Conner44: 4:54pm On Nov 16, 2021
KoshCAD:
Oponu blind man.

What was written on Nathaniel that you posted and what was written on the list.

Buhari slave.

Don’t mind all these monikers saying the report is fake

Some belong to helinues thebosstrevor and Mannerbbqgrills. Shame won’t allow them use their usual monikers this week lie lie grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SPOTLIGHT: Lt Colonel Bello, The Man Who Led Lekki Massacre And Shunned Judicial by luizpippo(m): 4:57pm On Nov 16, 2021
Chapii:
It was extended for those stuck in traffic to get home not for ppl to keep gyrating at Lekki toll gate

Curfew was extended till 9pm for everyone, you meant to say those who were at the Toll gate would have been searched and arrested on their way home while those who were never there would be allowed safe passage?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SPOTLIGHT: Lt Colonel Bello, The Man Who Led Lekki Massacre And Shunned Judicial by leokid866: 5:02pm On Nov 16, 2021

1 Like

Re: SPOTLIGHT: Lt Colonel Bello, The Man Who Led Lekki Massacre And Shunned Judicial by Chapii: 5:08pm On Nov 16, 2021
luizpippo:

Curfew was extended till 9pm for everyone, you meant to say those who were at the Toll gate would have been searched and arrested on their way home while those who were never there would be allowed safe passage?
Anyone that wanted to obey the Curfew will not be at the Toll gate at that time. We were evacuated from our company before 1pm that day. I heard about the curfew extension from 4 - 9pm at about 6pm when I had already gotten home and shopped for drinking water and grocery.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SPOTLIGHT: Lt Colonel Bello, The Man Who Led Lekki Massacre And Shunned Judicial by wonder233: 5:09pm On Nov 16, 2021
Spot on! These are my thoughts exactly. By the afternoon of that 20th October, blood curdling videos of policement being hacked to death surfaced online, only for the twitter influencers to quickly pass info round for the youths to stop circulating them. Now, all of them claim amnesia about that.
Who were the people the military engaged at the tollgate that night? Certainly not law abiding citizens who had heeded govt curfew. They were hoodlums happy there was breakdown of law and order so they can attack and rob like they were already doing since the protest degenerated. Do you know how many people hoodlums killed?
Chapii:
I am not and can never be a Fan of Tinubu, Lai or Buhari and I agree largely with the report of the Panel but the entire reportage is not balanced.

1. Why is nobody reporting that the government allowed the protest to last for over 2 weeks in lagos, Abuja and several other cities meaning that the govt. recognizes the right to protest.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SPOTLIGHT: Lt Colonel Bello, The Man Who Led Lekki Massacre And Shunned Judicial by Conner44: 5:10pm On Nov 16, 2021
So you’re justifying the killing of unarmed protesters at Lekki tollgate because of the police station that was attacked somewhere else entirely?

Or you’re trying to discredit the report because they didn’t mention the name of a slain policeman?

Do you even know the amount of deaths and injuries around Lagos that weren’t included in that report due to various reasons out of the control of that panel?

6 Likes

Re: SPOTLIGHT: Lt Colonel Bello, The Man Who Led Lekki Massacre And Shunned Judicial by Tochi3(m): 5:13pm On Nov 16, 2021
It runs in their blood. His father was not different. They are the rascals we have in the terrorist army. I mean the slaves of the caliphate.

When they tell them kill, they obey as slaves even if it involves their family member.

Find out the history of hos rascal father.
Re: SPOTLIGHT: Lt Colonel Bello, The Man Who Led Lekki Massacre And Shunned Judicial by ArticleBeast: 5:18pm On Nov 16, 2021
Chapii:

Dont rub your stupidity on our faces. We know you are

3 Likes

Re: SPOTLIGHT: Lt Colonel Bello, The Man Who Led Lekki Massacre And Shunned Judicial by fourboys: 5:19pm On Nov 16, 2021
The idiots that where defending this evil on Nairaland shld hide their heads in shame... A friend of mine sustained bullet injury on that day,,,

2 Likes

Re: SPOTLIGHT: Lt Colonel Bello, The Man Who Led Lekki Massacre And Shunned Judicial by johnmartus(m): 5:19pm On Nov 16, 2021
Whatever the outcome of the report I still believe that government are not up to their tasks...The same police men has already returned to their vomit.
Re: SPOTLIGHT: Lt Colonel Bello, The Man Who Led Lekki Massacre And Shunned Judicial by wonder233: 5:20pm On Nov 16, 2021
Nope, the killing of policemen and burning of stations happened before, not after. In fact, the final straw that made the govt impose curfew happened that morning all through afternoon of that Oct 20. The videos were briefly online, before influencers told people to stop spreading them so that it won't overshadow the protest. That's why many youths either claim ignorance about the killing of policemen or downplaying it. Even my neighbour whose status I viewed the horrifying murder of policemen is now claiming ignorance that he was never aware of such
Conner44:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SPOTLIGHT: Lt Colonel Bello, The Man Who Led Lekki Massacre And Shunned Judicial by luizpippo(m): 5:22pm On Nov 16, 2021
Chapii:
Anyone that wanted to obey the Curfew will not be at the Toll gate at that time. We were evacuated from our company before 1pm that day. I heard about the curfew extension from 4 - 9pm at about 6pm when I had already gotten home and shopped for drinking water and grocery.

Forget about intentions, was the curfew supposed to start by 9pm?

If yes, your 4pm tale is unnecessary.

1 Like

Re: SPOTLIGHT: Lt Colonel Bello, The Man Who Led Lekki Massacre And Shunned Judicial by DropsMic(m): 5:26pm On Nov 16, 2021
Hmm
Re: SPOTLIGHT: Lt Colonel Bello, The Man Who Led Lekki Massacre And Shunned Judicial by DropsMic(m): 5:28pm On Nov 16, 2021
Chapii:

Be careful baba..
Re: SPOTLIGHT: Lt Colonel Bello, The Man Who Led Lekki Massacre And Shunned Judicial by demolagilbert: 5:43pm On Nov 16, 2021
Reading
Re: SPOTLIGHT: Lt Colonel Bello, The Man Who Led Lekki Massacre And Shunned Judicial by Chapii: 6:08pm On Nov 16, 2021
ArticleBeast:

Dont rub your stupidity on our faces. We know you are
who am I? Lets face the truth. The fact that I am highly anti-APC doesn’t mean I am stupid. We save our country first before politics

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SPOTLIGHT: Lt Colonel Bello, The Man Who Led Lekki Massacre And Shunned Judicial by Nobelwinner: 6:09pm On Nov 16, 2021
Your questions suggest that you are clearly lacking in the knowledge of the rudiments of a Democratic era. The mentality you are exhibiting is reminiscent of the colonial era, an era that our dark days of military rule re-enacted.

Chapii:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo / Okupe Blast Elrufai Again, Says You Are Peddling Falsehood / Ogun Sets Date To Open Four New Fire Stations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.