Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

"Japan Honda Crv Vs American Honda Crv" Which Is Stronger? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / "Japan Honda Crv Vs American Honda Crv" Which Is Stronger? (1880 Views)

2007 CRV Vs. 2007 Camry / Advise- 2007 Honda CRV Vs 2007 Toyota Rav4 / Toyota Matrix Or Honda Crv,which Is Pocket Friendly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Japan Honda Crv Vs American Honda Crv" Which Is Stronger? by chevy: 6:16pm On Nov 16, 2021
Hello everyone, please I'm torn in between buying an honda crv made / assembled in japan and the one made in USA, I want to know which is stronger, I also noticed the crv of japan tend to be more expensive than that of USA in the market, my last vehicle is honda crv 2001 made in japan, and have used it for ten years, i just want to have an idea of American honda crv 's durability as compared to that of japan, thank you.
Please anyone used the honda from the two countries should please share their experience, thanks
Re: "Japan Honda Crv Vs American Honda Crv" Which Is Stronger? by Conner44: 7:57pm On Nov 16, 2021
Honda is a Japanese brand isn’t it? undecided of course the motherland version would be stronger but the American version might have more ‘buttons’ than it’s Japanese counterparts

5 Likes

Re: "Japan Honda Crv Vs American Honda Crv" Which Is Stronger? by sultaan(m): 8:31pm On Nov 16, 2021
They should be the same, but some believe the quality of assembly is better in Japan.
When you are a manufacturer, your product should be the same no matter the factory they come from.

Your moniker is Chevy, have you looked into the Equinox?

1 Like

Re: "Japan Honda Crv Vs American Honda Crv" Which Is Stronger? by nurey(m): 11:48am On Nov 17, 2021
chevy:
Hello everyone, please I'm torn in between buying an honda crv made / assembled in japan and the one made in USA, I want to know which is stronger, I also noticed the crv of japan tend to be more expensive than that of USA in the market, my last vehicle is honda crv 2001 made in japan, and have used it for ten years, i just want to have an idea of American honda crv 's durability as compared to that of japan, thank you.
Please anyone used the honda from the two countries should please share their experience, thanks

They should technically be the same thing

Japanese manufactured should only have minor outward look like bonnet mirror, sport tail and minor interior decor.

Japanese own would be more expensive because of distance of Asia to Africa and we dont ship things on a regular from there

2 Likes

Re: "Japan Honda Crv Vs American Honda Crv" Which Is Stronger? by chiefbuchiV12(m): 8:40am On Nov 18, 2021
nurey:

They should technically be the same thing

Japanese manufactured should only have minor outward look like bonnet mirror, sport tail and minor interior decor.

Japanese own would be more expensive because of distance of Asia to Africa and we dont ship things on a regular from there
I'd have to disagree with your last line, shipping from Asia is a regular thing. Just like we have people bringing in vehicles from NA and Europe. Where do you think kei vans (korope bus) are imported from ? Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore same goes for used Hiace buses and Coaster buses

4 Likes

Re: "Japan Honda Crv Vs American Honda Crv" Which Is Stronger? by PAQ(m): 12:57pm On Nov 18, 2021
I would go for Japanese spec over American spec. Japans quality standards is very high and they are fond of adding more stuff to their made-in Japan products over others.

A friend of mine once shipped a 2010 Corolla from Japan and it was like no other Corolla i have ever seen; 2.0 engine, leather heated seats and with some exterior mods, everything oem not custom.

Even in electronics, a made in japan Sony xperia DoCoMo is always different from other regions; better screens sometimes even better SOC.

I will go for a made-in Japan & Made-in Korea any day.

3 Likes

Re: "Japan Honda Crv Vs American Honda Crv" Which Is Stronger? by nurey(m): 3:45pm On Nov 18, 2021
chiefbuchiV12:

I'd have to disagree with your last line, shipping from Asia is a regular thing. Just like we have people bringing in vehicles from NA and Europe. Where do you think kei vans (korope bus) are imported from ? Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore same goes for used Hiace buses and Coaster buses

How many regular cars do you see shipped from Asia? Look at all the Corolla, civic, hyundai accent, kia Rio benz driven on the street, how many are from Asia?

Just as we ship less trucks from NA rather trucks come more from European nations.

You ship RHD vehicles and convert to LHD here and customer go dey price am peanuts
Re: "Japan Honda Crv Vs American Honda Crv" Which Is Stronger? by chiefbuchiV12(m): 8:19am On Nov 19, 2021
nurey:

How many regular cars do you see shipped from Asia? Look at all the Corolla, civic, hyundai accent, kia Rio benz driven on the street, how many are from Asia?

Just as we ship less trucks from NA rather trucks come more from European nations.

You ship RHD vehicles and convert to LHD here and customer go dey price am peanuts
Boss if you don't know then you don't know, if you're buying a foreign used Hiace bus(hummer) bus and it wasn't used in GCC market then you're left with no other option than buying a RHD from Asia that has been converted to a LHD, go to ladipo and confirm.
Same goes for 95% of korope buses in Nigeria, they all come from Asia as they're not for sale in any other region.
Re: "Japan Honda Crv Vs American Honda Crv" Which Is Stronger? by nurey(m): 1:32pm On Nov 19, 2021
chiefbuchiV12:

Boss if you don't know then you don't know, if you're buying a foreign used Hiace bus(hummer) bus and it wasn't used in GCC market then you're left with no other option than buying a RHD from Asia that has been converted to a LHD, go to ladipo and confirm.
Same goes for 95% of korope buses in Nigeria, they all come from Asia as they're not for sale in any other region.

You keep talking about korope, I am not on about that. Besides Hiace, hilux full UAE and Dubai and them plenty for south Africa and available in LHD.

I am talking of regular cars, if it was that easy we should be seeing more of Corolla Altis, Asia camry, Toyota crown which are far better than their NA counterparts in terms of luxury, accessories and build quality.

3 Likes

Re: "Japan Honda Crv Vs American Honda Crv" Which Is Stronger? by Kassiny(m): 5:25pm On Nov 19, 2021
Same difference cry cry cry

(1) (Reply)

Clearing Of Car At Port / The Abc Of Getting Tinted Glass Permit In Nigeria / Meet The Most Luxurious & Safest Keke Napep You Will Ever Find In Nigeria.photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.