Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,693 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Ie Margin Wahala: - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Ie Margin Wahala: (722 Views)

Content Is Showing On The Right Margin Of The Site / Ie Margin Wahala: / The Margin Top/bottom Css Quiz : Reminds me of quantitative aptitude! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ie Margin Wahala: by feelme3(m): 10:41pm On Jun 07, 2011
Abeg, am having problem with my little boxes displaying correctly in IE. Please preview the page on http://on.nigautoguide.com/

the HTML
<div id="boxHolder">
<div class="box1"></div>
<div class="box1"></div>
<div class="box1"></div>
<div class="box1"></div>
</div>

the CSS
.box1
{
width: 205px;
height: 150px;
margin-left:5px;
float: left;
display: inline;
background-color:#FF0000;
border:1px solid #ccc;
}

#boxHolder {
height: auto;
background: #FFF;
margin: 5px 0;
}

Am not yet a whiz in CSS so I'll appreciate solution from professionals to help fix this.
Thanks.
Re: Ie Margin Wahala: by feelme3(m): 5:05am On Jun 08, 2011
ok. Was able to figure it out. grin.
floated the last box to right with no margin. but I noticed that in my banner, the margin on the slideshow renders well  on chrome and FF but not in IE. Any idea pls? I've tried floating them differently but still no luck.
Re: Ie Margin Wahala: by DualCore1: 6:53am On Jun 08, 2011
Supply the codes for the second problem as you did for the first.
Re: Ie Margin Wahala: by gozzilla(m): 8:21am On Jun 08, 2011
Just an advice, using height: auto is not necessary in css since it is the default value when none is specified. That said, the better way to write it would be 100% if you intend it to be the same height with the parent container. Some how auto and 100% will not produce the same result.
Re: Ie Margin Wahala: by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 08, 2011
passes by (for the second time). . .smh
Re: Ie Margin Wahala: by dellnet: 4:37pm On Jun 09, 2011
just to begin with, what version of IE are you using?
Re: Ie Margin Wahala: by yawatide(f): 5:07pm On Jun 09, 2011
OP: for some odd reason, I can't pull up your site, based on the url above. Is it possible to post a screenshot?

(1) (Reply)

Plz Help / Good Webhosting Service Provider Urgently Needed: / What Could Be The Cause Of This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.