Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Governor Sanwo-olu Delivers Another Iconic Project In Lagos Island. Pics. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Sanwo-olu Delivers Another Iconic Project In Lagos Island. Pics. (2172 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Delivers 16th Housing Project In 3 Years / Sanwo-Olu Delivers 480-Home Ibeshe LAGOSHOMS Project / Sanwo-Olu Delivers 14 Housing Schemes In Two Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Sanwo-olu Delivers Another Iconic Project In Lagos Island. Pics. by plaindealer: 8:11pm On Nov 16, 2021
Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu delivers another iconic project in Lagos Island, a multi-level car park with 5 car parking floors and a capacity for 384 vehicles with offices for tickets and rest rooms on each floor.
- The 6th floor is designated as multi-purpose mixed use consisting of
▪ A Club House (410sqm Capacity).
▪ 2 banquet rooms, with sitting capacity of 800 and 600 persons each.
▪ Water treatment Plant.
▪ Elevators and staircases for smooth pedestrian movement.
▪ Fire alarm systems, CCTV, data network and power

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Sanwo-olu Delivers Another Iconic Project In Lagos Island. Pics. by plaindealer: 8:16pm On Nov 16, 2021
The Lagos State Of My Dream........

God Bless Lagos State

God Bless Governor Sanwo Olu.

grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-olu Delivers Another Iconic Project In Lagos Island. Pics. by Amotolongbo(f): 8:17pm On Nov 16, 2021
See what Nigerians are celebrating as iconic project grin

5 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-olu Delivers Another Iconic Project In Lagos Island. Pics. by BigSarah(f): 8:20pm On Nov 16, 2021
Amotolongbo:

For a country like Nigeria its indeed something..
But I doubt iconic is the word
Re: Governor Sanwo-olu Delivers Another Iconic Project In Lagos Island. Pics. by tnerro1(m): 8:22pm On Nov 16, 2021
Please give Lagos their VAT, they need it for important things not giving it to Gombe or Jigawa to use .

2 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-olu Delivers Another Iconic Project In Lagos Island. Pics. by Leverage2021: 8:22pm On Nov 16, 2021
We see these things in movies

It's commendable for Nigeria standard but too minute for a whole Lagos governor
Re: Governor Sanwo-olu Delivers Another Iconic Project In Lagos Island. Pics. by NwaNimo1(m): 8:23pm On Nov 16, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-olu Delivers Another Iconic Project In Lagos Island. Pics. by michlins(m): 8:24pm On Nov 16, 2021
There's a big problem in Nigeria. Instead of creating policies that will facilitate businesses, these people are celebrating the construction of car park.

It's a space for parking cars goodness grace.
Re: Governor Sanwo-olu Delivers Another Iconic Project In Lagos Island. Pics. by IgweOfNnewi: 8:24pm On Nov 16, 2021
Amazing
Re: Governor Sanwo-olu Delivers Another Iconic Project In Lagos Island. Pics. by FIFApresident1(m): 8:26pm On Nov 16, 2021
Lagos is a great state, the population is just the problem.

I think the government should start deporting some people back to their home state.

Last week, the traffic jam from Ojota--Maryland was the worst I've ever seen despite the highway (Ikorodu road) being a multi lane highway.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-olu Delivers Another Iconic Project In Lagos Island. Pics. by Finnese001: 8:29pm On Nov 16, 2021
Lubbish
Re: Governor Sanwo-olu Delivers Another Iconic Project In Lagos Island. Pics. by VaselineCrew: 8:29pm On Nov 16, 2021
Amotolongbo:

Logically, that should tell you how backwards we are.

As in, very very backwards.

No, you don’t understand, WE ARE BACKWARDS in naija.

You don’t gerrit abeg

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-olu Delivers Another Iconic Project In Lagos Island. Pics. by VaselineCrew: 8:34pm On Nov 16, 2021
FIFApresident1:
Lagos is a great state, the population is just the problem.

I think the government should start deporting some people back to their home state.

Last week, the traffic jam from Ojota--Maryland was the worst I've ever seen despite the highway (Ikorodu road) being a multi lane highway.

Why won’t there be traffic when you don’t have law and order.

Abi have you in your life ever seen police car pull people over before? Like they put sirens on and start chasing?

So if you don’t have any law, why won’t there be chaos?

I’ve never seen a lawless country like this before, true.

Do you doubt that we are lawless? Go to middle of third mainland bridge and take a poo, and no one will disturb you, not even police.

Ask yourself, why is it that you can’t do that abroad, but you can do it in Nigeria?
Re: Governor Sanwo-olu Delivers Another Iconic Project In Lagos Island. Pics. by plaindealer: 8:38pm On Nov 16, 2021
VaselineCrew:

Logically, that should tell you how backwards we are.

As in, very very backwards.

No, you don’t understand, WE ARE BACKWARDS in naija.

You don’t gerrit abeg

VaselineCrew:

igbo kwenu

Never fails, same bitter, hateful and anti progress and development characters, always sad and depressed at progress, but always happy and comfortable with lack of progress and development in their own states and villages.

You people act as if we expect anything from you beyond bad bele, hatred and bitterness from you.

When was the last time your leaders commission anything beyond borehole and wheelbarrow..

God Bless Lagos State..

grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-olu Delivers Another Iconic Project In Lagos Island. Pics. by slimfit1(m): 8:50pm On Nov 16, 2021
tnerro1:
Please give Lagos their VAT, they need it for important things not giving it to Gombe or Jigawa to use .

I hope uncle Tinu and his supporters can read this, if I had typed it they will say I talk too much. I hope his family pack there soon.
Re: Governor Sanwo-olu Delivers Another Iconic Project In Lagos Island. Pics. by kettykin: 8:53pm On Nov 16, 2021
This is nice but pales out when compared to governors building new landmark projects like airport and airline . But it is better than nothing
Re: Governor Sanwo-olu Delivers Another Iconic Project In Lagos Island. Pics. by alanto: 8:56pm On Nov 16, 2021
BigSarah:

For a country like Nigeria its indeed something..
But I doubt iconic is the word
It’s a good project anywhere in the world. It’s there to serve a purpose.
Lagos is blessed with good leaders.
I love the type of foundation AKA blueprint Tinubu left in Lagos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Sanwo-olu Delivers Another Iconic Project In Lagos Island. Pics. by henrygold100: 8:58pm On Nov 16, 2021
This is commendable.

Contact us for your P.O.P materials and accessories for your homes and offices ��� at a promo price now!!!! ���Contact/WhatsApp 08036038433.

Re: Governor Sanwo-olu Delivers Another Iconic Project In Lagos Island. Pics. by alanto: 9:00pm On Nov 16, 2021
michlins:
There's a big problem in Nigeria. Instead of creating policies that will facilitate businesses, these people are celebrating the construction of car park.

It's a space for parking cars goodness grace.

Do you know that absence of a parking space is one good reason for the constant gridlock in Lagos? Lagos is small in landmass trust me that project is very well needed especially in that Lagos Island. Plus this is going to reduce agbero wahala to an extent.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-olu Delivers Another Iconic Project In Lagos Island. Pics. by gateleo(m): 9:22pm On Nov 16, 2021
Good work Mr Governor, Kindly look into various state properties that need urgent maintenance.

We lack Maintenance culture here in Africa. To build isn't our problem but to maintain is a very serious issue.
Re: Governor Sanwo-olu Delivers Another Iconic Project In Lagos Island. Pics. by GodIsBiafran: 11:04pm On Nov 16, 2021
Igbo money developing Yoruba land since 3333 bc
Re: Governor Sanwo-olu Delivers Another Iconic Project In Lagos Island. Pics. by michlins(m): 1:26am On Nov 17, 2021
alanto:

Do you know that absence of a parking space is one good reason for the constant gridlock in Lagos? Lagos is small in landmass trust me that project is very well needed especially in that Lagos Island. Plus this is going to reduce agbero wahala to an extent.
that's where government policies come in.

Lagos State need rails. A train can take five thousand cars out of the road daily.

Secondly, why does a big city like Lagos need agberos? A serious government should be able to take them out of the roads and find an effective way for revenue generation. Many investors can't deal with the agberos menace
Re: Governor Sanwo-olu Delivers Another Iconic Project In Lagos Island. Pics. by Gadafii: 3:46am On Nov 17, 2021
This place will rot within two years and hoodlums will take over

Go to the oshodi interchange, the parts are already falling off, and some areas look abandoned. Same as the ikeja bus terminal buhari came to commission in 2019, I don't even know if that one is operational sef

We simply lack maintenance culture.
Re: Governor Sanwo-olu Delivers Another Iconic Project In Lagos Island. Pics. by alanto: 7:33am On Nov 17, 2021
michlins:
that's where government policies come in.

Lagos State need rails. A train can take five thousand cars out of the road daily.

Secondly, why does a big city like Lagos need agberos? A serious government should be able to take them out of the roads and find an effective way for revenue generation. Many investors can't deal with the agberos menace
Na so money the country? If Lagos start building railway with hers or federal governments money what will other states eat? In life you take one step at a time based on available resources.
Concerning agbero. I don’t know any other way to generate money from commercial bus drivers if there’s no agbero or else they are going to build tolls in every nook and cranny of Lagos and don’t forget or pretend not to know that there’s no state in Nigeria that doesn’t have agbero.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-olu Delivers Another Iconic Project In Lagos Island. Pics. by alanto: 7:35am On Nov 17, 2021
Gadafii:

Go to the oshodi interchange, the parts are already falling off, and some areas look abandoned. Same as the ikeja bus terminal buhari came to commission in 2019, I don't even know if that one is operational sef

By this your comment you have never been to the ikeja bus terminal or you haven’t been there recently so why comment on something you don’t have certainty over?
Never gone inside the oshodi interchange but I’ve used the ikeja terminal that’s where I discovered the cowry card. Please don’t always criticize something just appreciate a good policy.
If you don’t think oshodi need an interchange or that ikeja needs a bus terminal I don’t know what to tel you sir.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-olu Delivers Another Iconic Project In Lagos Island. Pics. by alanto: 7:41am On Nov 17, 2021
GodIsBiafran:
Go and sleep. Yoruba can never and will never be your mate. Do you even know how many countries Yorubas are as indigenous people?

3 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-olu Delivers Another Iconic Project In Lagos Island. Pics. by Gadafii: 7:50am On Nov 17, 2021
alanto:

By this your comment you have never been to the ikeja bus terminal or you haven’t been there recently so why comment on something you don’t have certainty over?
Never gone inside the oshodi interchange but I’ve used the ikeja terminal that’s where I discovered the cowry card. Please don’t always criticize something just appreciate a good policy.
If you don’t think oshodi need an interchange or that ikeja needs a bus terminal I don’t know what to tel you sir.
it's either you have comprehension problem or you don't know what you are saying

My point is we don't have maintenance culture, these things will rot within years because of lack of proper maintenance, the oshodi interchange is going to be an eyesore in two years time if it continues in this form, because it lacks proper maintenance.

The ikeja bus terminal, did you know how many months it laid useless or under repair after buhari commissioned it

I appreciate this facilities, that doesn't change the fact that we lack maintenance culture

The same goes for the ebut metta train station that was commissioned last two months, go back there in two years time and see what it would have become
Re: Governor Sanwo-olu Delivers Another Iconic Project In Lagos Island. Pics. by alanto: 8:10am On Nov 17, 2021
Gadafii:
it's either you have comprehension problem or you don't know what you are saying

My point is we don't have maintenance culture, these things will rot within years because of lack of proper maintenance, the oshodi interchange is going to be an eyesore in two years time if it continues in this form, because it lacks proper maintenance.

The ikeja bus terminal, did you know how many months it laid useless or under repair after buhari commissioned it

I appreciate this facilities, that doesn't change the fact that we lack maintenance culture

The same goes for the ebut metta train station that was commissioned last two months, go back there in two years time and see what it would have become
My own point is that Nigerians or Lagosians or Africans like you or some else mentioned above lack maintenance culture does not mean the government wouldn’t or shouldn’t provide infrastructure don’t you think?
I believe that sometimes it’s over usage that kill these things because we don’t have them in abundance. Little by little we as people too we get used to seeing things like that.
I enter Ebute Ikorodu ferry terminal the other day and I was surprised we have something like that in that place. The government is trying. I hope we as people will cherish this facilities because we appreciate them.
The government has done its part.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-olu Delivers Another Iconic Project In Lagos Island. Pics. by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 17, 2021
plaindealer:

Never fails, same bitter, hateful and anti progress and development characters, always sad and depressed at progress, but always happy and comfortable with lack of progress and development in their own states and villages.

You people act as if we expect anything from you beyond bad bele, hatred and bitterness from you.

When was the last time your leaders commission anything beyond borehole and wheelbarrow..

God Bless Lagos State..

grin grin

They automatically condemn and attack everything good coming from others but over-celebrate their own mediocrity. What a people.

@Topic. Nice project. Lagos needs many efficient car parks like this with events and conference halls the public can rent.

Revenue for the State, space saving efficiency and an arena to host events whose parking demand will then not turn into into traffic go-slow headache for other Lagosians.

On the real though, as someone mentioned earlier, the 21m plus population of Lagos is too much.

It has created unmanageable urban density which prevents good projects in the State having the transformational impact they would if population was optimal at circa 10 million.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-olu Delivers Another Iconic Project In Lagos Island. Pics. by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 17, 2021
GodIsBiafran:

Lol. Same Igbo viewed universally as the biggest tax dodgers in the world who cart all their earning from the land of others (be it Accra, Lagos or Nairobi) back to their village to build mansions and buy multiple cars they then use once a year?

Everything is wrong with you lot but you will never give yourself time to think about your grave situations, and remedy them, because you're too busy being nuisances to others. What a people.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-olu Delivers Another Iconic Project In Lagos Island. Pics. by AlphaTaikun: 4:48pm On Apr 06, 2022
Amotolongbo:
@Amotolongbo,
Uh-oh... Your sarcasm is "iconic."
Lol

I'm reading this thread for the
first time. The OP has the latitude to use the term iconic here. I would rather call this a "LEGACY" project.

Lagos Island has a small landmass
so it's very important to have many mega multi-level car parks because of the traffic gridlocks caused by space constraints in the Central Business Districts of Lagos Island,
Ikoyi Island, Victoria Island, Lekki Peninsula, and Lagos Mainland.

The MMA2 in Ikeja has a multi-level
Airport car park built and managed by Wale Babalakin's Bi-Courtney as
part of the space-saving strategy in the larger domestic Airport wing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Three Feared Killed In Hoodlums, Hausa Clash In Ede(photos) / See The Crying Senator With Governor Sanwo-olu Yesterday At SUN Awards (pics) / Why 2023 Election Would Be Hard For Tinubu To Win.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.