Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Re: Antibiotics After Sex - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Re: Antibiotics After Sex (469 Views)

Antibiotics After Sex / Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? / Zimbabwean Man's Testicle Explodes, Dies After Sex Session With Married Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Re: Antibiotics After Sex by Blurpy: 8:41pm On Nov 16, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/6851516/antibiotics-after-sex

Sequel to this thread and the general notion of taking antibiotic tablets after round of sexual intercourse, I deemed it fit as a health worker to do my part to educate the public here on this misinformation.

First of all, there are many sexual transmitted infections ranging from bacterial to viral to protozoal to fungal infections.
If one has unprotected sex, one can either have any of the above classes of infection depending on the status of the partner.

Even for bacterial infections, there are different classes of antibiotics for different infections, So the antibiotic you are taking might not be able to do anything to that particular organism. For example, Gonorrhoea which is caused by the microorganism Neisseria gonnorhea is not susceptible to Ampicillin or Tetracycline, so taking those cocktail of antibiotics, you are just wasting your time and increasing antimicrobial resistance in your body.
What about viral infections, do antibiotics have any effect on them? Or will you start taking all the antivirals and antibiotics?

The best thing is to use protection always with sex.

If you have had unprotected sex, there is nothing you can do to prevent the infection, Go for a test later, Microscopy, culture and Sensitivity Test to know the particular microorganism and antibiotic that is susceptible to it before you take.
Antimicrobial Resistance is on the rise.
Antimicrobial Resistance in layman's terms means when you have abused that drug by taking it anyhow, the time you need it to work, it wouldn't work for you.
Thanks!

Cc: Dominique, sissy3

1 Like

Re: Re: Antibiotics After Sex by YeyeGbami: 8:45pm On Nov 16, 2021
No sane person suppose dey go around having unprotected sex.

Team something must kill a man will not agree.

(1) (Reply)

Iron During Pregnancy / Nairalanders Please Help Me, My Sister Is Mentally Ill / Help!!! Why Are My Eyelashes Or Eyelid Moving Itself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.