Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Graphic Designers How Long Do You Take To Complete A Project? - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Graphic Designers How Long Do You Take To Complete A Project? (12770 Views)

Graphics Designers: How To Download Stock Photos For Free Without Watermark / List Of The Best Cost Effective Laptops For Graphic Designers And Developers / Whatsapp Group For Professional, Mobile Photographers And Graphic Designers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graphic Designers How Long Do You Take To Complete A Project? by SkgeeBoss(m): 2:52pm On Nov 19, 2021
It depends on the type of job
Re: Graphic Designers How Long Do You Take To Complete A Project? by Oyin2212(m): 2:52pm On Nov 19, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
It depends on the kind of job, but approximately 6hrs, I used to be a graphic designer back then, but I stopped designing 2017 or thereabouts just to focus on cryptocurrency, forex and digital marketing.
Why did you stop bro?
Re: Graphic Designers How Long Do You Take To Complete A Project? by iPresh4s(m): 2:53pm On Nov 19, 2021
Depends on the project and resources available
Re: Graphic Designers How Long Do You Take To Complete A Project? by Johntoye: 2:55pm On Nov 19, 2021
Logo...say 2days
Flyer, banner ...hours

Whitepaper design: 3days

Calendar: 2 days
Re: Graphic Designers How Long Do You Take To Complete A Project? by Bustincole(m): 3:01pm On Nov 19, 2021
@ Op.... Anytin is possible if huge money is involved

Like me now i can finish a book work project of 500 pages under 10hrs

In the world of Graphics speed determines if the money is huge or not

Re: Graphic Designers How Long Do You Take To Complete A Project? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Nov 19, 2021
If you are good and can perform little design like POS, E flyers and invitation card under 24hours,quote me with your whatsapp number let me giving out jobs i can't handle because of time,

Note your price shouldn't be high o,

1 Like

Re: Graphic Designers How Long Do You Take To Complete A Project? by Olam09(m): 3:04pm On Nov 19, 2021
Goodlyhrt:
Designers in the house I want to know how long on the average do you take to complete your projects. As a newbie designer that I am, I want to know how long I can take to deliver projects.

Can you complete a hectic project in a day? If yes, what are the resources that you use that makes possible for you.

Help a bro.

Hectic project should be finished in 2 to 3 days.. that's how i deliver my work i also print them self
Re: Graphic Designers How Long Do You Take To Complete A Project? by Olam09(m): 3:04pm On Nov 19, 2021
dancok:
If you are good and can perform little design like POS, E flyers and invitation card under 24hours,quote me with your whatsapp number let me giving out jobs i can't handle because of time,

Would you give me that
Re: Graphic Designers How Long Do You Take To Complete A Project? by Damminix: 3:06pm On Nov 19, 2021
Just like people have been saying, it completely depends on the project and level of expertise. The more you do it the lesser time it takes to get a job done. Imagine you've created 1000flyers in total in your lifetime, no matter how complex the brief of the next flyer may be you will still get it figured out faster. Same goes for all aspects of design. It also depends on how filled up is your creative juice. Sometimes an amazing flyer comes out in 1hr sometimes it doesn't come out until you sleep and wake up to continue. So the three factors, project complexity, level of expertise and creativity energy level.

1 Like

Re: Graphic Designers How Long Do You Take To Complete A Project? by excell0001: 3:07pm On Nov 19, 2021
I am lazy oh so I give deadlines to make me sit up full branding jobs take longer basic flyers 2 days if they have drop part pay
Re: Graphic Designers How Long Do You Take To Complete A Project? by lkillbrokehoes: 3:09pm On Nov 19, 2021
Oyin2212:

Why did you stop bro?
It wasn't paying much like when I hit it big around 2014, so I had to put it aside and focus on other things.

1 Like

Re: Graphic Designers How Long Do You Take To Complete A Project? by Oyin2212(m): 3:11pm On Nov 19, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
It wasn't paying much like when I hit it big around 2014, so I had to put it aside and focus on other things.
Alright thanks
Re: Graphic Designers How Long Do You Take To Complete A Project? by lkillbrokehoes: 3:15pm On Nov 19, 2021
Oyin2212:

Alright thanks
You are welcome smiley
Re: Graphic Designers How Long Do You Take To Complete A Project? by timmyedit(m): 3:22pm On Nov 19, 2021
It depends on the job.
For instance if I want to convert a black and white picture to colored....I spend a whole day.
Re: Graphic Designers How Long Do You Take To Complete A Project? by Tenshades(m): 3:25pm On Nov 19, 2021
adeiza4u:
I like to acquire this skill for freelance purpose. But I don't know if I can get jobs on freelance websites such as Fiverr and upwork, considerng the calibre of designers already there. What do you think sir?

Getting consistent jobs on freelancing sites depends on how good you are at what you do to make clients come for more and how well optimized your profile is.

Try as much as possible to;

- Get yourself well trained (paid or free resources)

- Practice, Practice, and Practice.

- Build your portfolio (you can do this by working for free for friends and work on the feedbacks you receive)

- Optimize your freelance profile to rank well (Fiverr/Upwork)

- Bid for jobs

- Execute the jobs well and ask for good reviews without asking for reviews wink

- Negative feedbacks shouldn't be taken as being a failure.

- Don't relent.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graphic Designers How Long Do You Take To Complete A Project? by tunapawizzy: 3:41pm On Nov 19, 2021
Goodlyhrt:
Designers in the house I want to know how long on the average do you take to complete your projects. As a newbie designer that I am, I want to know how long I can take to deliver projects.

Can you complete a hectic project in a day? If yes, what are the resources that you use that makes possible for you.

Help a bro.

40 days and 40 nights
Re: Graphic Designers How Long Do You Take To Complete A Project? by frankputer: 3:56pm On Nov 19, 2021
i need a graphic design work.
Re: Graphic Designers How Long Do You Take To Complete A Project? by Sheriman(m): 4:06pm On Nov 19, 2021
All these hungry 2K Nairaland graphics designers go dey put mouth for this matter now ooooo..
Re: Graphic Designers How Long Do You Take To Complete A Project? by Crucialgem(m): 4:23pm On Nov 19, 2021
I love this thread I also want to become a graphic designer plssss help me out anybody
Re: Graphic Designers How Long Do You Take To Complete A Project? by Arizonaz: 5:17pm On Nov 19, 2021
If I'm not happy I don't design.
But the jobs that take weeks or days for me is magazines and programmes.
Re: Graphic Designers How Long Do You Take To Complete A Project? by robosky02(m): 5:30pm On Nov 19, 2021
Am a graphic designer contact me

Re: Graphic Designers How Long Do You Take To Complete A Project? by goodman55: 5:46pm On Nov 19, 2021
It actually depend on the kind of job. I do structural design for building within two days highest.
Re: Graphic Designers How Long Do You Take To Complete A Project? by demzey(m): 6:04pm On Nov 19, 2021
As it's been said, hours or week, depending on the work. But e get one wey one of my church member gimme, ordinary funfair flyer on a 1:1 format don take me close to two months grin grin, e no gree motivate me, and if I see am, I go jus tell am say system don crash

1 Like

Re: Graphic Designers How Long Do You Take To Complete A Project? by Arizonaz: 6:28pm On Nov 19, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
It depends on the kind of job, but approximately 6hrs, I used to be a graphic designer back then, but I stopped designing 2017 or thereabouts just to focus on cryptocurrency, forex and digital marketing.

Senior man. I am in this process of quitting graphics and focusing more or crypto trading. I want to be a full-time trader but my customer base is getting bigger as day passes by.
Graphics is too demanding and cost of running the business here in Nigeria is very high because of lack of electricity. Can you give me a head way, I noticed that I can't combine both sides because graphics design needs lots of concentration and is time-consuming and lots of consumables.

Please can you tell me or help me on how you where able to drop graphics and focus more on crypto trading?

I started working as a graphic designer in year 2014 in a printing press and later became a freelancer in 2016/17 up till now.

2 Likes

Re: Graphic Designers How Long Do You Take To Complete A Project? by Kimadamawa: 6:36pm On Nov 19, 2021
dancok:

Re: Graphic Designers How Long Do You Take To Complete A Project? by walexsho(m): 6:45pm On Nov 19, 2021
PENNYSWAP:
Never you give out a job in Nigeria online , they are all scammers ... if you need job just go to fiverr and find sharp oyibo there that will deliver your job with uttermost honesty ...

I have tried naija web designers and graphics designers and I can 100% say naija is gone ... no honesty , every body lies like it’s drinking water and they can waste your time and frustrate you badly

No wonder dangote opted for Indians and Pakistanis for his refinery when we have many Nigerian engineers out there ..

In this country every body is a serious liar and a low key scammer
Hold it there Sir/ma...
How much do you offer on fiver for just a flyer design? 5dollars or more but you chose to offer Nigerians less than that.
Less strike a deal for 3k per design without failure.
Re: Graphic Designers How Long Do You Take To Complete A Project? by sixtus3606(m): 6:53pm On Nov 19, 2021
Goodlyhrt:

Help a bro.

GOOD QUESTION!

Now it all depends on these two(2) factors:

1. The complexity of the job
2. If it is an Aesthetic or Conceptual design request.

Aestethic designs are more easier to execute (and the brainstorm/ideation process are quite comprehensive) and could take few minutes to a week(max), compared to Conceptual designs, which are quite complex and requires longer time (which could take days or weeks), before interpreting (bringing to life) on computer.

So...it all depends.

You can reach out to me for all your Graphic Design, Video Editing, 2D Animation request...
Re: Graphic Designers How Long Do You Take To Complete A Project? by firestar(f): 6:55pm On Nov 19, 2021
Goodlyhrt:

Help a bro.

Depends on the complexity.

A simple graphic design should not take an hour.

Unless there are corrections.

Yet delays occur when the brief (description) isn’t specific enough.
All that pre-production ought to be explicitly clear and in writing ✍� before the project commences.

Hope it helps.

1 Like

Re: Graphic Designers How Long Do You Take To Complete A Project? by sixtus3606(m): 7:00pm On Nov 19, 2021
PENNYSWAP:
Never you give out a job in Nigeria online , they are all scammers ... if you need job just go to fiverr and find sharp oyibo there that will deliver your job with uttermost honesty ...

I have tried naija web designers and graphics designers and I can 100% say naija is gone ... no honesty , every body lies like it’s drinking water and they can waste your time and frustrate you badly

No wonder dangote opted for Indians and Pakistanis for his refinery when we have many Nigerian engineers out there ..

In this country every body is a serious liar and a low key scammer

I will share a photograph of invoices and cheques running into millions of jobs I have gotten online. I never meet with clients in person.

Whist there a good number of self-acclaimed designers who are scammers and portraying themselves as Graphic Designers, I can categorically tell you that ONLINE is the best deal to engage a Graphic Designer (be it Fiverr, Facebook or whatever platform). Just scrutinize, and be sure of you are engaging. DO a background check before letting out a penny/kobo.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Thread For Charcoal Portrait Artists / A Fine Art Photography Journal / Beautiful Graphical 3D wallpapers For Your Home & Office Walls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.