Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

5 Ways To Avoid Being Scammed On Nairaland Marketplace/online - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Ways To Avoid Being Scammed On Nairaland Marketplace/online (226 Views)

Make Money Online In Nigeria Without Being Scammed, And Cashout Every Friday / Before You Become A Blogger Read This To Avoid Being A Frustrated Blogger / How To Avoid Being Marked As Spam – Semalt Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Ways To Avoid Being Scammed On Nairaland Marketplace/online by PizzleGold(m): 3:41pm On Nov 17, 2021
Good morning, so I saw a post of someone claiming to get scammed by a so called web developer, even though there are no proof to prove it right.
I can assure you that 60% of the people claiming to be a website dev are REAL and NOT SCAM! We are just trying to earn a living legally but we can’t deny there are still some bad eggs.
But to be sure if you’re dealing with a scammer or a real one, apply these 5 tricks below:

1. WHEN A OFFER IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE: a client once told a story of how he got scammed here, but I blamed him. initially he wants an 100% functioning E-commerce site like Amazon, Jumia e.t.c so I charged my amount but he still went ahead to try other , in summary he paid 20k for it and eventually got scammed. How can you get an e-commerce website, hosting, payment method, UI/UX design for just 20k , it almost impossible.
In summary: If the price is super-cheap, the product promises miracle results, or promos feature limited stock and rapid, bulk sales, it’s probably a scam.

2. To avoid being scammed online, you can request the personal details of the web developer you are dealing with and you make sure it’s legit and you can also request a video and voice call with him/her

3. USE A THIRD PARTY TRANSACTION:
A third-party transaction is a business deal that involves a person or entity other than the main participants. Typically, it would involve a buyer, a seller, and another party—the third party. The involvement of the third party can vary, based on the type of business transaction. So with a third party transaction you can maximise the rate of being scammed online.

4. RECOMMENDATIONS FROM TRUSTED FRIENDS/FAMILY.
It’s best to patronise a person recommended to you by a friend or family than to deal with the ones you met online few minutes ago.

5. ACT FAST IF SCAMMED ONLINE
If you fall victim to online scammers, which can happen to anyone, make sure you act fast.
Do not be embarrassed about what happened and make sure to contact the police, your bank and anyone else who may need to know.
Furthermore, if your banking information was compromised, make sure to contact the bank, have them freeze your account and stop any further transactions from being made until the matter is resolved.

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Being Scammed On Nairaland Marketplace/online by PizzleGold(m): 3:43pm On Nov 17, 2021
Please let know in the comment what you think about this and also add more tips.

Check my Signature
And don’t forget to add this 5 tips wink cheesy grin
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Being Scammed On Nairaland Marketplace/online by Mbee247(m): 6:57pm On Nov 17, 2021
PizzleGold:
Please let know in the comment what you think about this and also add more tips.

Check my Signature
And don’t forget to add this 5 tips wink cheesy grin

Learnt something and thank you for sharing this important tips.
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Being Scammed On Nairaland Marketplace/online by Tenshades(m): 8:02pm On Nov 17, 2021
Helpful post.

(1) (Reply)

Download Shareit Lite Today / 30 Minutes Or I'm Death / What Do You Think About This Interface I Designed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.