Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,184 members, 7,957,430 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:23 PM

Monkey Pox: Traveller From Nigeria To The US Tests Positive, CDC On Alert - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Monkey Pox: Traveller From Nigeria To The US Tests Positive, CDC On Alert (10728 Views)

Abia Confirms First Monkey Pox Case / Federal Government Denies Report Of Deliberate Injection Of Monkey Pox Virus / Monkey Pox Outbreak: Important Things You Should Know About Monkeypox (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Monkey Pox: Traveller From Nigeria To The US Tests Positive, CDC On Alert by Le2money(m): 7:36am On Nov 18, 2021
I disagree with you.....Make google your friend bro ( HIV first began to spread along the historic trade routes of the Congo basin in the 1920s. KEY POINTS: HIV crossed from chimps to humans in the 1920s in what is now the Democratic Republic of Congo. )

baby124:

HIV came from UK. From a gay orgy house. Patient 0 was identified there.

1 Like

Re: Monkey Pox: Traveller From Nigeria To The US Tests Positive, CDC On Alert by West2019(m): 8:07am On Nov 18, 2021
APC
Another
problem
coming .
Re: Monkey Pox: Traveller From Nigeria To The US Tests Positive, CDC On Alert by Malory: 8:07am On Nov 18, 2021
Golan007:

In 2018, a total of 76 cases have been reported, 37 are confirmed, one probable and two deaths. These cases were reported in 14 states and one territory (Abia, Akwa-Ibom, Anambra, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Edo, Enugu, Imo, Lagos, Nasarawa, Oyo, Plateau and Rivers and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT)).

Safe to say it is concentrated in SS/SE.

Even as one from SS, I see no reason to hide this.

It is mostly via zoonotic transmission.

Wacking any animal you come across, especially when not adequately cooked has consequences.
Re: Monkey Pox: Traveller From Nigeria To The US Tests Positive, CDC On Alert by muheeb01(m): 9:48am On Nov 18, 2021
People should watch what they consume.if God's protecting us we should take precautionary measures about our lives too.
Take good care of yourself,prevention is better than cure. And if there's any infection or diseases at all treat yourself completely on time.

Please check,consult and patronize my signature thanks .
Re: Monkey Pox: Traveller From Nigeria To The US Tests Positive, CDC On Alert by Pimine: 10:33am On Nov 18, 2021
dettolgel:
Not surprised when you guys eat anything and everything in the name of bush meat.

If snakes have such deadly and infectious disease by now half of this country would have caught it. grin

Stop eating anything you guys lay hands on you won't listen.
Aswearugaaad

what you said woulda made sense if people were eating those animals raw or undercooked.

Cooking kills all bacteria and viruses. The only thing you should be worried about is the toxins few of those bacteria leave behind. But generally, you're safe and should eat any meat that doesn't gross you out.

For instance I would never eat a monkey, not cos of fear, but because it's yucky so I might puke.

1 Like

Re: Monkey Pox: Traveller From Nigeria To The US Tests Positive, CDC On Alert by NaBanga: 10:45am On Nov 18, 2021
How many times have Nigerians been posted eating monkeys on the front page of Nairaland? You hear "na meat". It just makes me sick to know black people are still in the wilderness. The black man in Nigeria is still eating monkeys and exposing themselves to all manner of disease. lipsrsealed
Re: Monkey Pox: Traveller From Nigeria To The US Tests Positive, CDC On Alert by dettolgel: 11:02am On Nov 18, 2021
Pimine:

Aswearugaaad

what you said woulda made sense if people were eating those animals raw or undercooked.

Cooking kills all bacteria and viruses. The only thing you should be worried about is the toxins few of those bacteria leave behind. But generally, you're safe and should eat any meat that doesn't gross you out.

For instance I would never eat a monkey, not cos of fear, but because it's yucky so I might puke.

Heat does not kill every bacteria and virus ooh. There are heat resistant bacteria but what I don't know for sure is whether those heat resistant bacteria are the type that can be passed to human.
Re: Monkey Pox: Traveller From Nigeria To The US Tests Positive, CDC On Alert by bepositive11: 4:04pm On Nov 18, 2021
baby124:

HIV came from UK. From a gay orgy house. Patient 0 was identified there.

No. It spread from a laboratory right? HIV is from monkeys. It didn't just appear in humans

Gays contributed to the fast spread though
Re: Monkey Pox: Traveller From Nigeria To The US Tests Positive, CDC On Alert by baby124: 5:13pm On Nov 18, 2021
bepositive11:

No. It spread from a laboratory right? HIV is from monkeys. It didn't just appear in humans

Gays contributed to the fast spread though
HIV came from the west. They just wanted to avoid the stigma. They blame all useless things on Africa because we don’t have the resources to prove different. First cases reported were from the West and that virus is not new to the West. It did not come from a lab. Just an old virus that got reawakened somehow.
Re: Monkey Pox: Traveller From Nigeria To The US Tests Positive, CDC On Alert by bepositive11: 5:58pm On Nov 18, 2021
baby124:

HIV came from the west. They just wanted to avoid the stigma. They blame all useless things on Africa because we don’t have the resources to prove different. First cases reported were from the West and that virus is not new to the West. It did not come from a lab. Just an old virus that got reawakened somehow.

In the documentary I can recall, the monkeys were from Africa.

I think you should change your mentality. The West is very strict when it comes to accountability. There's no way they can lie about something like the origin of HIV

Africa has a lot of diseases because of how close they are to wild animals

Even when you think of covid, it came from a wild animal. Either from the open market or the lab

Since the West is developed, they have lesser contact with wild animals in general, that's why we don't hear of many diseases from there
Re: Monkey Pox: Traveller From Nigeria To The US Tests Positive, CDC On Alert by baby124: 6:26pm On Nov 18, 2021
bepositive11:

In the documentary I can recall, the monkeys were from Africa.

I think you should change your mentality. The West is very strict when it comes to accountability. There's no way they can lie about something like the origin of HIV

Africa has a lot of diseases because of how close they are to wild animals

Even when you think of covid, it came from a wild animal. Either from the open market or the lab

Since the West is developed, they have lesser contact with wild animals in general, that's why we don't hear of many diseases from there
That disease is not new to the West but new to Africa. You are quite ignorant and you do not know how the West manages PR disasters. Case in point COVID. A western experiment in China is now a Chinese disease. You are too ignorant to argue this with me.
Re: Monkey Pox: Traveller From Nigeria To The US Tests Positive, CDC On Alert by bepositive11: 8:00pm On Nov 18, 2021
baby124:

That disease is not new to the West but new to Africa. You are quite ignorant and you do not know how the West manages PR disasters. Case in point COVID. A western experiment in China is now a Chinese disease. You are too ignorant to argue this with me.

Are you perhaps the ignorant one?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Maxman Coffee (#1,000) / 2000 Medical Workers Leaving Nigeria Annually – Nma / If A Girl Has Sex With Two Guys In The Same Week 5days Apart Who Is The DAD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.