Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Please Someone Should Explain This Bible Verse For Me - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Please Someone Should Explain This Bible Verse For Me (692 Views)

Ideal (18+) [book 4 Of Xav-verse] [completed] / Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] / The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Someone Should Explain This Bible Verse For Me by FahBuLous: 10:43pm On Nov 17, 2021
Matthew 25 vs 29

For to everyone who has shall more be given, and he shall have an abundance; but from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away...

Please pastors, brothers, sisters, evangelist...
Biko explain this verse for me because I don't quite understand..

Righteousness2
Lalatisclala

1 Like

Re: Please Someone Should Explain This Bible Verse For Me by daddytime(m): 10:45pm On Nov 17, 2021
E be like say na wetin Davido dey do today be the best explanation for that Bible verse.

2 Likes

Re: Please Someone Should Explain This Bible Verse For Me by FahBuLous: 10:54pm On Nov 17, 2021
daddytime:
E be like say na wetin Davido dey do today be the best explanation for that Bible verse.
So what happens to the poor??
Re: Please Someone Should Explain This Bible Verse For Me by Dvea(f): 5:00am On Nov 18, 2021
FahBuLous:
Matthew 25 vs 29

For to everyone who has shall more be given, and he shall have an abundance; but from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away...

Please pastors, brothers, sisters, evangelist...
Biko explain this verse for me because I don't quite understand..

Righteousness2
Lalatisclala

Before I go on to explain you must realise that the Bible is a storybook and you cannot take things out of context and conclude. There is a verse leading up to this and one leading away. Until you accept that fact you will keep misreading the Bible.

Prior to this verse the entire chapter 25 was all about parables of people who had opportunities and how they used or misused it. It began with the parable of the Ten Virgins and moved on to the parable of the three servants. The teaching on the parable was simply to use what you have and God will see that effort and give you more. However for those who don't have or who have little and decide that until the have more they won't make an effort they will remain in that same position. The parable was never about money but about gifts and blessings God can give.

It focused on being prepared for opportunities maybe even over prepared like the 5 wise Virgins who may never have guessed the bride groom will arrive late but still had a spare can of oil just in case. It also focuses on those who do not complain that they don't have this or that to make them great but use whatever they have and double it like the servant given 5 or 2 thousand gold coins.

If you read the end of chapter 25 that is verse 31 to 46 you see the point Jesus tries to make. Use what you have for the good of heaven do not wait to be a prophetess before you help people around you. Do not wait till you have millions before you feed those around you. Because what ever you do to the least of your brothers no matter how little out of what you have been given, that you do unto him.

I say this finally to all Christians stop taking the Bible out of context. It is a story a journey, you cannot just go and pluck from the middle and call things black. What led to that passage and what led away from that passage? What is the history behind the reason for that choice? The Bible is a story of God and his people Israel, as Christians we have taken that story as ours and fixed ourselves into it. That does not change that it has a progression. There is always a reason for everything in the Bible and the moment you begin reading from start to finish and understanding the journey the less confusing Christianity will be for you.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Someone Should Explain This Bible Verse For Me by crossfm: 10:49am On Nov 18, 2021
Thanks dear,I was just smiling while reading your write up.

A lot of people just pick a phrase or sentence from the bible and use it as a yardstick, instead of reading the whole piece. Even some preacher are culprits, they just tell you what appeals to their believe and move on.

Once again, thanks for a detailed response.

1 Like

Re: Please Someone Should Explain This Bible Verse For Me by chatinent: 11:34am On Nov 19, 2021
FahBuLous, please resend email at chatinent@gmail.com. Got the notification on Nairaland but none on my email. The Nairaland email feature aren't working.

(1) (Reply)

Do Need An E-book On How To Overcome Your Shyness? / Life Secret That Rich Men Refused To Tell The Poor Men / Where To Buy Relationship Ebooks In Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.