Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

I Wish I Wrote Essence, Respect Wizkid – Ne-yo - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Wish I Wrote Essence, Respect Wizkid – Ne-yo (26022 Views)

I Respect Wizkid, Davido, I’m Not Threatened By Them – Pablo Vicky D / Lilian Afegbai Begins Celibacy Journey: 'I Wish I Were Still A Virgin' / "I Respect Wizkid's Music" - Jeezy Praises Wizkid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Wish I Wrote Essence, Respect Wizkid – Ne-yo by IbileIfe: 1:08pm On Nov 18, 2021
I love Ne-Yo and he is my #1 R&B singer for his choreography.
He should not worry, I can compose a song as good as "ESSENCE" and even hotter too.
Listening to "ESSENCE" in the club is best First time I heard it in Shiro Lagos at the Landmark Centre on Victoria Island rejuvenated me by making me dance 20 years younger than my age.
Tems' sensous falsetto voice can make any potent guy have an erection.
Most likely it is what turned Drake on to ask for collabo with her.
Drake just wan bang this girl sha.
Her boyfriend if she has any will lose her to stardom.

1 Like

Re: I Wish I Wrote Essence, Respect Wizkid – Ne-yo by Badb0y4lyf(m): 1:16pm On Nov 18, 2021
Tems made essence what it is not Wizkid. But the glory goes to wizkid.

2 Likes

Re: I Wish I Wrote Essence, Respect Wizkid – Ne-yo by Basic123: 1:18pm On Nov 18, 2021
Carchoice:

I had to quote you because I was checking if someone will correct that idiot on what he thinks about wiz.

The moment davido stops his social media show offs and tries to be like wizkid, he’ll go extinct. Dude is doing all that to remain relevant while wiz is the real definition of silent but big moves. He doesn’t need anyone to hype him nor does he need anyone’s validation.
You get brain!
Re: I Wish I Wrote Essence, Respect Wizkid – Ne-yo by Basic123: 1:22pm On Nov 18, 2021
Badb0y4lyf:
Well if she sang the song as a solo artist it might not have being a hit

How are you soo sure its not wizzy that provided the melody and TEM just voiced it?

Because you hate Wizzy

That was how they were shouting wizzy wrote one dance for drake! Because they like Wizz more than drake

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Wish I Wrote Essence, Respect Wizkid – Ne-yo by Basic123: 1:27pm On Nov 18, 2021
Badb0y4lyf:
But those who knows better than you like NE YO just praised wizzy not TEM.

TEM really did well on the song though,but this about wizzy not TEMS

1 Like

Re: I Wish I Wrote Essence, Respect Wizkid – Ne-yo by Ruthymoon(f): 1:31pm On Nov 18, 2021
Only you fil hold my body , my boo still asking who is the you tongue tongue tongue
Re: I Wish I Wrote Essence, Respect Wizkid – Ne-yo by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:34pm On Nov 18, 2021
I just went to listen to the song now
Re: I Wish I Wrote Essence, Respect Wizkid – Ne-yo by Femeto: 1:37pm On Nov 18, 2021
Re: I Wish I Wrote Essence, Respect Wizkid – Ne-yo by frugal(m): 1:38pm On Nov 18, 2021
Sabadon:
Just a Nigerian respecting a fellow compatriot, but really that essence is calm n dope
grin Ne-Yo is an igboman. I didn't even know.

1 Like

Re: I Wish I Wrote Essence, Respect Wizkid – Ne-yo by OLRAYS(m): 1:39pm On Nov 18, 2021
EyezofGod120:
grin if wizkid post him account like davido did,he no fit see 500k grin people wey he don help for him life never reach 6,, he's stingy, selfish and self centered
koloman...how you take know.... grin
Re: I Wish I Wrote Essence, Respect Wizkid – Ne-yo by GEEBITE: 1:40pm On Nov 18, 2021
The lady Tems wrote it.You could see meaningful words and lyrics in her own verse or when singing the refrain. The established star sang with the normal pedestrian lyrics as usual.
obicoolnino:
WizKid to the world but I believe someone else wrote that song on his behalf,hw many artist in Nigeria write their own songs

1 Like

Re: I Wish I Wrote Essence, Respect Wizkid – Ne-yo by Stevyne: 1:40pm On Nov 18, 2021
EyezofGod120:
grin if wizkid post him account like davido did,he no fit see 500k grin people wey he don help for him life never reach 6,, he's stingy, selfish and self centered
If olamide post account nko?
Re: I Wish I Wrote Essence, Respect Wizkid – Ne-yo by seanjy4konji: 1:51pm On Nov 18, 2021
Omo ologo 6 G
Re: I Wish I Wrote Essence, Respect Wizkid – Ne-yo by Folafikemii: 1:52pm On Nov 18, 2021
MrGistGuy:
I no Sabi wetin sweet for this essence

Honestly nothing. I watch the video for the first time. That lady made WIZZY looks like an amateur. She's so heavy and rigid. Her voice and the key she sang on was so low making it sound like she just finished 6wraps of fufu. The standard of the video is just too shabby but WIZZY delivered his part well.
Re: I Wish I Wrote Essence, Respect Wizkid – Ne-yo by yetunsbay(m): 1:59pm On Nov 18, 2021
EyezofGod120:
Your thoughts is incorrect. On
Re: I Wish I Wrote Essence, Respect Wizkid – Ne-yo by jaiyeorie: 2:01pm On Nov 18, 2021
Zoe Kravitz MelissaMcCarthy luxury lawconnie britton and jurnee smollett Miranda Kerr fiji water Amanda Gorman Elle Fanning and Samantha Mc Millen Rachael Zoe #InStyleAwards #InStyleElevator Instyle Awards 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS9T5oZjqXQ
Re: I Wish I Wrote Essence, Respect Wizkid – Ne-yo by DonnyE(m): 2:10pm On Nov 18, 2021
MrGistGuy:
I no Sabi wetin sweet for this essence
Then stick to your "Zlatan". grin
Re: I Wish I Wrote Essence, Respect Wizkid – Ne-yo by bahdpersona(m): 2:11pm On Nov 18, 2021
God1000:
Good, WizKid is a great vocalist in Nigeria and beyond, he sings with so much ease.
HE SINGS WITH SO MUCH EASE

1 Like

Re: I Wish I Wrote Essence, Respect Wizkid – Ne-yo by Deserea: 2:12pm On Nov 18, 2021
EyezofGod120:
Nigerians and entitlement mentality. Double your hustle and stop been a nuisance.

1 Like

Re: I Wish I Wrote Essence, Respect Wizkid – Ne-yo by Buckeyemedia1: 2:23pm On Nov 18, 2021
obicoolnino:
WizKid to the world but I believe someone else wrote that song on his behalf,hw many artist in Nigeria write their own songs
It is a business, I give you the millions of Naira, you sign over the complete rights to the lyrics, if it was a completed tune, the whole copyright to the song.
Re: I Wish I Wrote Essence, Respect Wizkid – Ne-yo by NoFucksToGive: 2:26pm On Nov 18, 2021
obicoolnino:

Tems wrote the song
Re: I Wish I Wrote Essence, Respect Wizkid – Ne-yo by Buckeyemedia1: 2:27pm On Nov 18, 2021
EyezofGod120:
Davido’s father is worth $600 million by Bloomberg? the kid was born into wealth, don’t compare apples With oranges. Wizzy still has a Family he has to get out of obscurity before he starts sharing his money for ungrateful people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Wish I Wrote Essence, Respect Wizkid – Ne-yo by Buckeyemedia1: 2:30pm On Nov 18, 2021
NoFucksToGive:

Tems wrote the song
She wrote her own verse, did she write Wizkid’s verse for him? Go back and check the credit if you don’t see Ayodeji Balogun
Re: I Wish I Wrote Essence, Respect Wizkid – Ne-yo by Froshloaded: 2:43pm On Nov 18, 2021
EyezofGod120:
How did you make this up?
Wizkid has helped a lot of people outside social media.
Re: I Wish I Wrote Essence, Respect Wizkid – Ne-yo by olagbola45(m): 2:48pm On Nov 18, 2021
obicoolnino:

Akuri bi ti e lo pe Ayo ni??
Re: I Wish I Wrote Essence, Respect Wizkid – Ne-yo by Benprass(m): 2:50pm On Nov 18, 2021
EyezofGod120:

Although I dot really follow those people, but I think wizard is a very shy person, I think he help in silence just like Olamide.

Dot be surprise if he post his account information na dollars they go send give am.

Wizkid is a silent archiver.

3 Likes

Re: I Wish I Wrote Essence, Respect Wizkid – Ne-yo by EmmyCC: 2:53pm On Nov 18, 2021
obicoolnino:
I think Tems did.
Re: I Wish I Wrote Essence, Respect Wizkid – Ne-yo by EmmyCC: 2:55pm On Nov 18, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
She wrote her own verse, did she write Wizkid’s verse for him? Go back and check the credit if you don’t see Ayodeji Balogun
She Sha wrote most of it because she sang more than Wiz.
Re: I Wish I Wrote Essence, Respect Wizkid – Ne-yo by Abagworo(m): 3:05pm On Nov 18, 2021
Badb0y4lyf:

When I first listened to the album I was wowed by Tems in "Essence". The first verse is amazing and is forever classic.

Say I wanna leave you in the mornin'
But I need you now, yeah, yeah
I find you, I give you all you needin'
I know you what you like
I feel it comin'
Time is of the essence
I tried to teach you
But I might need some lessons
I need to give it all
I tried to leave but I can't
I don't know why, you're the one
Turn me out of my mind
You don't need no other body
Only you fi hold my body
Only you fi hold my body
Re: I Wish I Wrote Essence, Respect Wizkid – Ne-yo by EyezofGod120: 3:08pm On Nov 18, 2021
Myer:

Your ignorance is too loud. Let me help you reduce the volume with small knowledge.

Wizkid and Davido have different personalities.
Both personalities are great in their own unique ways.

Wiz is noticeably not the SM type.
As big as he is, he hardly posts on SM except to promote his singles, albums, shows and major awards.
By easy deduction, he doesn't post his philanthropy on SM even though he has touched many lives.

Davido on the other hand is more social and SM oriented and posts a lot of his activities on SM.
Davido also posts his philanthropy on SM.

There you go, glad I could help your IQ leave the negative range.
you talk too much
Re: I Wish I Wrote Essence, Respect Wizkid – Ne-yo by nairamaniac: 3:15pm On Nov 18, 2021
jclassiq:

There is no hype in the world that will change my perception of that song: it is an average song. I don't get this herd mentality -- everybody, essence essence as if the song is one genius song like that. Damn.

To me it's really overated. Even wizkid has better songs than it.

Or maybe it just has a nice international/European appeal though.

Their ears are different from ours.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Waje Snubs Stingy Women, Pledges Loyalty To ‘Cheerful Givers Association’ / Lizzy Anjorin: "I Remain The Most Standard Nigerian Hardworking Actress'' / Linda Ikeji & Covenant University Students (tweet Fight)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.