Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,549 members, 7,812,756 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

Should A 30year Old Still Go Into Tech? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Should A 30year Old Still Go Into Tech? (1297 Views)

Quiting My Job To Venture Into Tech At 28 - Advice Needed. / I Want To Go Into Tech; What Field Should I Choose? / Must Everybody Go Into Tech Or Learn Coding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A 30year Old Still Go Into Tech? by babasolution: 9:01am On Nov 18, 2021
I have a friend who is confused on his career path,he is 30year old.He is a graphic designer, he is doing relatively well,with the hype around the tech industry of recent and that they are paid very well.He is thinking of going into tech,precisely web development. What he wants to know now is that would it be a fruitful or fruitless venture,considering his age,also that many going into tech are mostly younger people in their 20s who are even already professionals while he at 30 is just a beginner,he has some knowledge on HTML,CSS. Will it be a waste of time considering the time he will use to learn,he will be older than 30,will there still be opportunities for him at that age? Or should he go for something else?.pls he needs tech pros honest advice.thanks
Re: Should A 30year Old Still Go Into Tech? by Dreadshy: 9:06am On Nov 18, 2021
A friend once said if you dont start now four years will still come and pass.
What ever you want to do, do now

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A 30year Old Still Go Into Tech? by house10s: 9:38am On Nov 18, 2021
let him start with python n andriod app training.
even if he is 50
Re: Should A 30year Old Still Go Into Tech? by stanliwise(m): 9:44am On Nov 18, 2021
babasolution:
I have a friend who is confused on his career path,he is 30year old.He is a graphic designer, he is doing relatively well,with the hype around the tech industry of recent and that they are paid very well.He is thinking of going into tech,precisely web development. What he wants to know now is that would it be a fruitful or fruitless venture,considering his age,also that many going into tech are mostly younger people in their 20s who are even already professionals while he at 30 is just a beginner,he has some knowledge on HTML,CSS. Will it be a waste of time considering the time he will use to learn,he will be older than 30,will there still be opportunities for him at that age? Or should he go for something else?.pls he needs tech pros honest advice.thanks
Graphic design is also part of the tech world, except he does not understand what tech means.

That friend is sounding like you.
Meanwhile, going into tech with the aim of just cashing out is a recipe for disaster.
It is a process, one has to pick up awareness, get informed and acquire knowledge, then practical application, to applied theory and then mastery.

This timeline for this process are based on the dedication and the approach you use towards it.

Can your friends get into tech at 30?
Very likely and yes.

Would he earn big and cash out?
if he patiently pass through the process then yes!

would everyone who go to tech make money?
well not likely, they can only gain the aware to leverage on in future endeavors

is tech better than other fields?
It depends on the context but most not likely(for the next decade) though the potentials are huge.
Re: Should A 30year Old Still Go Into Tech? by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:08am On Nov 18, 2021
Yeah he can but instead of web development he should transition to UI UX design or product design. There's very few good designers in Nigeria that know what they are doing.
Re: Should A 30year Old Still Go Into Tech? by LikeAking: 2:11pm On Nov 18, 2021
babasolution:

NO! NO!
Re: Should A 30year Old Still Go Into Tech? by akus6060(m): 3:59pm On Nov 18, 2021
Why most of us like using words like " a friend of mine is asking for help/ direction" when in the right sense we are the ones asking for direction ? Op graphic design is also part of tech ecosystem and if your friend is good in it , he can make money from it . No time is too late to learn programming if that is what he desires , proficiency is the key thing .
babasolution:

2 Likes

Re: Should A 30year Old Still Go Into Tech? by afuye(m): 4:07pm On Nov 18, 2021
I started coding with HTML, CSS and Javascript at age 30+ in 2018. now I am 33 years old with two jobs. I do javascript and PHP. Dont limit yourself bro . The demand for devlopers is MAD !
babasolution:

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A 30year Old Still Go Into Tech? by babasolution: 5:41pm On Nov 18, 2021
afuye:
I started coding with HTML, CSS and Javascript at age 30+ in 2018. now I am 33 years old with two jobs. I do javascript and PHP. Dont limit yourself bro . The demand for devlopers is MAD !

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Should A 30year Old Still Go Into Tech? by babasolution: 5:44pm On Nov 18, 2021
LikeAking:

NO! NO!

What do you mean?
Re: Should A 30year Old Still Go Into Tech? by babasolution: 5:46pm On Nov 18, 2021
akus6060:
Why most of us like using words like " a friend of mine is asking for help/ direction" when in the right sense we are the ones asking for direction ? Op graphic design is also part of tech ecosystem and if your friend is good in it , he can make money from it . No time is too late to learn programming if that is what he desires , proficiency is the key thing .
Thanks
Re: Should A 30year Old Still Go Into Tech? by babasolution: 5:48pm On Nov 18, 2021
stanliwise:

Graphic design is also part of the tech world, except he does not understand what tech means.

That friend is sounding like you.
Meanwhile, going into tech with the aim of just cashing out is a recipe for disaster.
It is a process, one has to pick up awareness, get informed and acquire knowledge, then practical application, to applied theory and then mastery.

This timeline for this process are based on the dedication and the approach you use towards it.

Can your friends get into tech at 30?
Very likely and yes.

Would he earn big and cash out?
if he patiently pass through the process then yes!

would everyone who go to tech make money?
well not likely, they can only gain the aware to leverage on in future endeavors

is tech better than other fields?
It depends on the context but most not likely(for the next decade) though the potentials are huge.

Thanks
Re: Should A 30year Old Still Go Into Tech? by qtguru(m): 9:27pm On Nov 18, 2021
UI/UX jare Code is suffer-head else you will find yourself staring at screen day and night, while your friends are having fun. cry

1 Like

Re: Should A 30year Old Still Go Into Tech? by Emeraldfynest(m): 10:46pm On Nov 18, 2021
grin grin but it comes with the money and not as saturated like UI/UX, or maybe I'm wrong.
qtguru:
UI/UX jare Code is suffer-head else you will find yourself staring at screen day and night, while your friends are having fun. cry
Re: Should A 30year Old Still Go Into Tech? by qtguru(m): 11:22pm On Nov 18, 2021
Emeraldfynest:
grin grin but it comes with the money and not as saturated like UI/UX, or maybe I'm wrong.

UI/UX get paid good money too, and unlike them, they can make much more from Design agencies, Theme Developers and selling their own designs. My friend sells on ThemeForest and has done projects worth like 300k which is on the side, if you are a good designer u will make cash much quicker than a programmer.but Programmers are paid more sha but Designers can easily over-take with Side-hustles and sales.
Re: Should A 30year Old Still Go Into Tech? by Emeraldfynest(m): 11:25pm On Nov 18, 2021
Interesting, thanks for the enlightenment!
qtguru:

UI/UX get paid good money too, and unlike them, they can make much more from Design agencies, Theme Developers and selling their own designs. My friend sells on ThemeForest and has done projects worth like 300k which is on the side, if you are a good designer u will make cash much quicker than a programmer.but Programmers are paid more sha but Designers can easily over-take with Side-hustles and sales.
Re: Should A 30year Old Still Go Into Tech? by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:15am On Nov 19, 2021
Emeraldfynest:

Saturated ke. Its very hard to find a good designer presently.
Re: Should A 30year Old Still Go Into Tech? by Emeraldfynest(m): 1:55am On Nov 19, 2021
The best thing is just be the best at whichever area one choses.
tensazangetsu20:

Saturated ke. Its very hard to find a good designer presently.
Re: Should A 30year Old Still Go Into Tech? by Theunderman: 7:07am On Nov 19, 2021
qtguru:
Pls does UI/ux require no coding, because am interested in it, but people say it requires cofing
Re: Should A 30year Old Still Go Into Tech? by SKhanmi: 2:35pm On Nov 19, 2021
Theunderman:

Pls does UI/ux require no coding, because am interested in it, but people say it requires cofing

No, It does not. But just to be on the same page as the developers on your team during meetings, it is recommended to know how html,css & JS works. Don't go too deep into it though. Leave that to the front-end devs
Re: Should A 30year Old Still Go Into Tech? by Theunderman: 10:08pm On Nov 19, 2021
SKhanmi:

No, It does not. But just to be on the same page as the developers on your team during meetings, it is recommended to know how html,css & JS works. Don't go too deep into it though. Leave that to the front-end devs
Ok, thanks
Re: Should A 30year Old Still Go Into Tech? by efembaba(m): 4:22am On Nov 20, 2021
I'm a 30 year old, and I am going into tech. It didn't even cross my mind that I might be too old for it

1 Like

Re: Should A 30year Old Still Go Into Tech? by ChasinGood(m): 12:53pm On Nov 22, 2021
There's no lateness to success,bro.
Re: Should A 30year Old Still Go Into Tech? by digitite: 1:03pm On Nov 22, 2021
Ofcourse. But to differentiate himself from the younger folks, let him go into more Technical field like Blockchain Technology and Cloud Computing.

(1) (Reply)

Please Help On Program That Can Interpret Ves / Learn How To Build An Online Community With Drupal Here / What Is The Relationship Between Processor And I/o Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.