Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,786 members, 7,827,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Genort Rohr Wanted Enyimba Job But I Turn Him Down- Kalu - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Genort Rohr Wanted Enyimba Job But I Turn Him Down- Kalu (216 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr / Genort Rohr Turns To Sebastian Osigwe, Swiss-born Goalkeeper / 'Genort Rohr Should Live In Nigeria' - Etim Esin, Former Super Eagles Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Genort Rohr Wanted Enyimba Job But I Turn Him Down- Kalu by kenzysmith: 1:04pm On Nov 18, 2021
Rejected Gernot Rohr When He Applied To coach Enyimba - Orji Uzor Kalu

By Amaechi Agbo

Former Abia State Governor and the current Chief Whip of the Nigeria Senate, Senator Orji Uzor has disclosed that he rejected employing Gernot Rohr as Enyimba International Football Club coach while he was Abia State Governor, www.bestchoicesports.com.ng can report.

The Africa's Pillars of Sports stated this on Wednesday amidst calls for the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF to sack Gernot Rohr following underwhelming performances by the Super Eagles.

Rohr came under severe criticisms on Tuesday after the team laboured to a 1-1 draw against Cape Verde in Lagos. A result that qualified the team for the final play-off of the 2022 World Cup but many Nigerians were dissatisfied with the performance of the team and called for Rohr's head.

Reacting to the call, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu wondered why the German still remain as Super Eagles coach despite evidences of his technica deficiencies and inability to bring out the best in the players.

“When I Was Governor, he (Gernot Rohr) applied to become employed as Enyimba coach. He was brought to Nigeria by Oscar Udoji but I refused to employ him," Kalu said.

There are unconfirmed reports that Gernot Rohr was sacked on Wednesday but the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF has not issued a statement.

https://lm.?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bestchoicesports.com.ng%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR32u_fQRGLxLmCSwqyRoZenEmNWmPHeT7m2KGThrQkqs4jGYBfXYN6_Fh4&h=AT14mYvxpAEWWYkQqsjmbmm5bRVqK91L2twpOp_-d9_lCdKjXTnkUHOPP12JLd8mYWx79wmCr1_CDAOyz5jA7RUe439Fl1Erd24NcFGplHlnoDvOqHuJ0-UsGGIM6aFV-SrDMT79jQL7opVD8qsiJEeW9aEe_IVKZDZDfg-r2jY8S0j7tVVLeYMUOw82OZgmkVxoMvciqqKh3YSzQL6m3up_zfbkft4GLC7o2Hfhu7C4L2K0C5VNIbKiHSRXzm-H0jju-dmrEBWLJ0flz3fFI1DGmpGyA2J19wILunm38Nha0rA69H5yvWPCC2XmB29UdbptSlkgVDCkHnJOCTg6HQ_sSV7K4iXIqbc6mrZKM0WIXzmwYWAWmLlbWsQJxJFWe2xLZz844UzvEVjXbSOKanupbqnpbEbfohkNGDQxTtdKF1vmfLo7IwKygH2_Az_RgNG7kI2JUy8W4B_QPhSYBOk_E0cwwnQcoeWvcq_iojXV8EBPpa3jV4DI38rC8yUASlomhXKM98eeeIBQ-yjoC2_nZBAzwMLJMl91i8CIMHM

Re: Genort Rohr Wanted Enyimba Job But I Turn Him Down- Kalu by redcliff: 1:06pm On Nov 18, 2021
lol. the downgrade..
Re: Genort Rohr Wanted Enyimba Job But I Turn Him Down- Kalu by thesicilian: 1:35pm On Nov 18, 2021
The only reason he's still the coach is because he's as corrupt as the politicians who employed him.

(1) (Reply)

AFCON: Klopp Clarifies 'little Tournament' Comment As Reporter Demands Apology / Man Contests For Post Of President, Chelsea FC Fan Club In Benue / CAFCC: CAF Appoints Nigerien Officials For Rivers United, Al Masry Tie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.