Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,165 members, 7,811,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

Is It Occultic? Living Faith Church Has Been Accused Of An Occultic Act. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Occultic? Living Faith Church Has Been Accused Of An Occultic Act. (1074 Views)

Port Harcourt Pastor Attempts Suicide, Says His Church Has 15 Members Since 2000 / Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church / Living Faith Church Temporarily Puts N50 Billion Faith Theatre Project On Hold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Occultic? Living Faith Church Has Been Accused Of An Occultic Act. by Obamise(f): 10:58pm On Nov 18, 2021
The Living Faith Church Worldwide (a.k.a. Winners Chapel) led by David Oyedepo, the presiding Bishop, has come under fire after it stated that it buried the bible in 15 different spots of the church’s foundation in Maryland, the United States of America.

Maureen Badejo, a UK-based Nigerian blogger, led the barrage of attacks on the church in her latest YouTube live blog on Tuesday after she played a video of Issac Oyedepo, the Head Pastor of the Winners Chapel, Maryland (USA) branch, who admitted to the act.

According to the video, which was filmed in October 2021, Issac Oyedepo, who is the youngest son of Bishop Oyedepo, told the congregation that the bible replaced pillars initially placed in 15 different spots of the church’s foundation.

He insisted that the church, called the “Faith Dome”, is standing “on the word”.

“We bring to (a) conclusion to our teaching series unveiling the wonders of the world part five. We’ve been looking at the pillar of the word since this month began and you’ll be glad to know that when we were building this glorious dome, we buried the bible in 15 different spots. Everywhere where there was a pillar, when we removed the pillar, we put the word.

“So, this faith dome is standing on the word,” Issac Oyedepo said in the video.

The revelation led to mammoth applause from the congregation.

However, Badejo criticised Bishop Oyedepo and his son over the revelation and described it as unbiblical, saying that she has searched the bible and it was not stated anywhere where such an act was recommended.

According to the controversial blogger, who has had a run-in with the law in the UK, what was buried under the church’s building was not the bible but a mysterious group, calling the act “occultic”.

She said: “When they did the foundation of the new ark, I showed everybody (what they did). And now, they went to America, in America, they were there to go and bury the bible.

“How are we sure that it is the bible that they buried? And I’m asking all of you, I’ve asked you, can you put it here, anywhere in the bible they laid the foundation of a new church and they buried 15 bibles? He said it with his mouth.

“You see, when you see this type of thing, Hosea 4:6 said: ‘My people perish because of lack of knowledge,’ and it said if you lack knowledge or understanding, you should go and seek for it. So, go and pick your bible, study to show yourself approved. My brother, my sister, I’ve searched the bible and I did not see anywhere (it was written).

“Anywhere you see this type of thing, it’s occultic, Illuminati, whatever. When you see them they bury the bible and most of the time, it’s not the bible they bury; it’s a kind of mystery book.”

Badejo also lambasted Issac Oyedepo for equating the church’s annual Siloh programme to the level and power of God via his description: the “God of Shiloh”, instead of mentioning God or Jesus Christ.

She also slammed the younger Oyedepo for claiming that the church had the power to perform miracles and heal people of serious ailments after he narrated the story of one “brother Victor”, who claimed that he tested positive for the Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) in 2020 and his test result suddenly turned negative in October 2021.

The said Victor, the younger Oyedepo said, claimed he was healed after “attending Covenant Hour of prayer every day”, “came for the pre-Shiloh service” and “partook of the communion.”

“What’s the difference between what they do (and others). These are people that abuse the Celestial Church of Christ o, Cherubim and Seraphim, that they perform rituals. But now, they themselves do the same thing,” Badejo added.

The blogger’s video and comments elicited a deluge of reactions on her blog, as many commenters expressed support for the opinions she expressed and questioned the rationale behind the act of the younger Oyedepo.

#cpd

Re: Is It Occultic? Living Faith Church Has Been Accused Of An Occultic Act. by Obamise(f): 10:58pm On Nov 18, 2021
Re: Is It Occultic? Living Faith Church Has Been Accused Of An Occultic Act. by Moloso(m): 11:02pm On Nov 18, 2021
Bh
Re: Is It Occultic? Living Faith Church Has Been Accused Of An Occultic Act. by AJOBI77(m): 11:07pm On Nov 18, 2021
grin grin
Re: Is It Occultic? Living Faith Church Has Been Accused Of An Occultic Act. by Hashabiah: 11:22pm On Nov 18, 2021
There is no level of defamation people wouldn't stoop to just to tag a Christian act as satanic . And besides, I don't see the big deal here . Had it been an animal or ritual was done , then this accusation would have made sense .
Re: Is It Occultic? Living Faith Church Has Been Accused Of An Occultic Act. by yuping(m): 11:30pm On Nov 18, 2021
Rada Rada
Re: Is It Occultic? Living Faith Church Has Been Accused Of An Occultic Act. by tobechi20(m): 11:34pm On Nov 18, 2021
Nothing wrong there. It is his property. He can bury what he wants
Re: Is It Occultic? Living Faith Church Has Been Accused Of An Occultic Act. by Haakeem(m): 11:35pm On Nov 18, 2021
Those who read all that text book.....i raise hand for una.

1 Like

Re: Is It Occultic? Living Faith Church Has Been Accused Of An Occultic Act. by ikorodureporta: 4:20am On Nov 19, 2021
I think say na 15Babies
Re: Is It Occultic? Living Faith Church Has Been Accused Of An Occultic Act. by femi4: 5:40am On Nov 19, 2021
Propaganda..At least na Bible Dem buried no be human

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Jehovah's Witnesses, Come And Answer Oh / Why Do Christian Men Uncover Their Head During Prayer. / To Every JW+vannessa7, Fyi, Jesus Called Himself God, Jesus called Himself YHWH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.