Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,661 members, 7,813,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears (2567 Views)

POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) / Angry Lady Drives Her Car Into A Bank Hall After Waiting For Hours For Service / What Happens To My Money If I'm Robbed In A Bank While Waiting To Deposit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by 22o62021: 1:38pm On Nov 19, 2021
I went to the bank to deposit money this morning, I was having 14,100 to deposit into my account. I mistakenly wrote 40,100 on the deposit slip. I gave him 14,100 with the deposit slip, He went ahead to credit me 40,100 written on the deposit slip.

I was already in the office when I saw an alert of 40,100 credited into my account. I stood for some seconds to think, it was then I realized that I wrote 40,100 on the deposit slip. The bank is just two houses away from my office, after like 30 minutes, I went to meet him to explain to him about the error, it was then that he cross checked and saw the error. .He just looked straight into my eyes and said Bros thank you oo, he was just repeating it. He then gave me a withdrawal slip to fill in 26,000 and I did He got his money back.

I can’t imagine the money all these cashiers go dey loose from these kind of mistakes.

22 Likes

Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by Ussycool: 1:39pm On Nov 19, 2021
Bros thank you once again. It is good to be good, in this kind of circumstances you will even proud of ur action.

You type is so rare.

42 Likes

Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by ObiOfOnitcha: 1:43pm On Nov 19, 2021
Well done

2 Likes

Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by bigdammyj: 1:43pm On Nov 19, 2021
Weldone

3 Likes

Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by daddytime(m): 1:44pm On Nov 19, 2021
I celebrate you, brother.

You've done your bit at being a model citizen and human.

God bless you.

Check out my siggy

13 Likes

Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by alanto: 1:50pm On Nov 19, 2021
While you were doing it. Were you thinking of what nairalanders will say when you share your story?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by Kastonkastroll(m): 1:50pm On Nov 19, 2021
Talk true bros, na because you know say the cashier know you that's why you went back to the bank.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by KingSatan: 1:52pm On Nov 19, 2021
May the heavens reward you for this.

You are a good man.

6 Likes

Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by Moferere: 1:56pm On Nov 19, 2021
Your type is scarce.
Some would have mistaken it for manna from heaven.
Some will even give testimony about it.
Useless lots

8 Likes

Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by SportsHD: 2:01pm On Nov 19, 2021
Kastonkastroll:
Talk true bros, na because you know say the cashier know you that's why you went back to the bank.
Even if he doesn't return it,
Money comes, money goes. He'll eventually spend the 26k, especially in this economy that the naira is shit. It's better to do the right thing. How much is the cashier collecting as salary sef wey dem go remove 26k as losses?

9 Likes

Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by PrinceOfLagos: 2:02pm On Nov 19, 2021
I bet the cashier dey think of woman when he committed that mistake
Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by 22o62021: 2:10pm On Nov 19, 2021
alanto:
While you were doing it. Were you thinking of what nairalanders will say when you share your story?

Say like what?

1 Like

Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by 22o62021: 2:10pm On Nov 19, 2021
Kastonkastroll:

Do I work in the bank for him to know me?

He doesn’t even know my office

1 Like

Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by chiefobdk2: 2:11pm On Nov 19, 2021
Ussycool:
Bros thank you once again. It is good to be good, in this kind of circumstances you will even proud of ur action.

You type is so rare.

Rare as in how... People do stuffs like this everyday... I return people's money. Wen they overpay...

1 Like

Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by Bluewitch(f): 2:50pm On Nov 19, 2021
22o62021:
I went to the bank to deposit money this morning, I was having 14,100 to deposit into my account. I mistakenly wrote 40,100 on the deposit slip. I gave him 14,100 with the deposit slip, He went ahead to credit me 40,100 written on the deposit slip.

I was already in the office when I saw an alert of 40,100 credited into my account. I stood for some seconds to think, it was then I realized that I wrote 40,100 on the deposit slip. The bank is just two houses away from my office, after like 30 minutes, I went to meet him to explain to him about the error, it was then that he cross checked and saw the error. .He just looked straight into my eyes and said Bros thank you oo, he was just repeating it. He then gave me a withdrawal slip to fill in 26,000 and I did He got his money back.

I can’t imagine the money all these cashiers go dey loose from these kind of mistakes.

Be good to people..
It pays

2 Likes

Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 19, 2021
22o62021:

bro on behalf of honest people worldwide, a very big thank you

5 Likes

Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 19, 2021
You did a good thing but sooner or later, he will find out and contact you..
What you did is just saving him from the stress of going through all those slips when he is ready to do EOD

2 Likes

Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by 22o62021: 4:52pm On Nov 19, 2021
southniyikaye:
You did a good thing but sooner or later, he will find out and contact you..
What you did is just saving him from the stress of going through all those slips when he is ready to do EOD

In all the slips

I filled 40,100

So it will be hard for him to find out

Even when I told him

He was still confused and I was the one pointing the errors for him

2 Likes

Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 19, 2021
alanto:
u're wicked grin

1 Share

Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by property123: 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2021
OP continue to be good.

1 Like

Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by property123: 5:17pm On Nov 19, 2021
It's a common error amongst bank teller or cashiers.

22o62021:

In all the slips

I filled 40,100

So it will be hard for him to find out

Even when I told him

He was still confused and I was the one pointing the errors for him

1 Like

Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by JaySterling: 5:23pm On Nov 19, 2021
You sef why did you write 40,100 on the slip
Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by alanto: 5:30pm On Nov 19, 2021
Miracood2:
u're wicked grin
I know right.
Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by AoifeNightfall: 5:58pm On Nov 19, 2021
You're a good man kiss
Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 19, 2021
22o62021:

A friend of mine was employed and taken to a cashier position the way baba begin debt it kept accumulating due to errors. Them none advice management dem shift am go operations.
Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by Austra4(m): 7:34pm On Nov 19, 2021
Bros you do well. Only few of us can do this in this bad economy.

IP TV

I P T V is a cloud base services , that will help you save cost on D S T V subscription and other cable tv subscriptions.
With internet service at home , you can get access to all Net flix , V O F and D S T V channels on IP TV.
We have over 6,000 Channels. Live Channels , Premier movies, Net flix V O D and live sports channels and more .

Our service is open for 24 hours trial before you can decide to pay.
With less than #100 k , you can have our one year subscription. Dm for more details. 0.7.0.3.9.1 1 7 . 8.3 5

Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by otomatic(m): 7:50pm On Nov 19, 2021
Chief, you did well. I celebrate you. May God's favour locate you.
Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by Benwallt(m): 9:33pm On Nov 19, 2021
Some lowlifes here would go and try there luck with this revelation

3 Likes

Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by Orire01(m): 10:04pm On Nov 19, 2021
You are a Good Man
Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by Harddiskng(m): 10:12pm On Nov 19, 2021
22o62021:

Chai..at the bolded I felt that.

Some banks are making a career in banking a miserable choice. I recently had a reason to ask a friend about remuneration package in Zenith Bank . I was initially confused when i got his reply, what nonsense remuneration package for a graduate is this in 2021 I thought.

This is that same bank that is always number one in profit year in year out.

Plain wickedness. As an ethical investor i can’t have my money with such an organization.

Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by padi94(m): 10:42pm On Nov 19, 2021
And you left the reference number exposed, so you don't know that the bank can use that to trace the teller guy and sack him. You people just use someone lovely good to play Nd catch cruise.
Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by youngblaq: 3:03am On Nov 20, 2021
Here hero!
You deserve it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Is Naira Investment Club Real? / 25mil: Filling Station? Bottle Water Company? 15 Rooms Hotel ? / I Redeem Itunes Gift Card...instant Cash!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.