Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears (2579 Views)

POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) / Angry Lady Drives Her Car Into A Bank Hall After Waiting For Hours For Service / What Happens To My Money If I'm Robbed In A Bank While Waiting To Deposit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by youngblaq: 3:04am On Nov 20, 2021
padi94:
And you left the reference number exposed, so you don't know that the bank can use that to trace the teller guy and sack him. You people just use someone lovely good to play Nd catch cruise.
I guess he didn't think about that...even me. Thanks man...brain sharp.
Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by KanoFirstSon: 5:33am On Nov 20, 2021
Change begins from you and me. Allah reward u
Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by fr3do(m): 5:45am On Nov 20, 2021
With the screenshot you posted his bank can identify and sanction him if they please
Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by 22o62021: 6:02am On Nov 20, 2021
padi94:
And you left the reference number exposed, so you don't know that the bank can use that to trace the teller guy and sack him. You people just use someone lovely good to play Nd catch cruise.

Thanks for the observation

Corrected

This for you

Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by Gee64: 6:16am On Nov 20, 2021
Congrats Nigeria!!!

A beautiful one is born to Nigeria today!

But wait oh,

If it were N40m would this 'honest Nigerian' return it?

Methinks, the answer could be negative, or what do you think?
Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 20, 2021
22o62021:
I went to the bank to deposit money this morning, I was having 14,100 to deposit into my account. I mistakenly wrote 40,100 on the deposit slip. I gave him 14,100 with the deposit slip, He went ahead to credit me 40,100 written on the deposit slip.

I was already in the office when I saw an alert of 40,100 credited into my account. I stood for some seconds to think, it was then I realized that I wrote 40,100 on the deposit slip. The bank is just two houses away from my office, after like 30 minutes, I went to meet him to explain to him about the error, it was then that he cross checked and saw the error. .He just looked straight into my eyes and said Bros thank you oo, he was just repeating it. He then gave me a withdrawal slip to fill in 26,000 and I did He got his money back.

I can’t imagine the money all these cashiers go dey loose from these kind of mistakes.

Well done. I used to be a cash teller. I once paid someone GBP 10,000 instead of EUR 10,000. That day my daughter was having some surgery and I was not in the right frame of mind. I almost ran mad. I called the customer and he was gracious enough to return it without much fracas. As a bank teller especially in busy locations the pressure is enormous.

I have paid 60k from my little salary to hide the fact that I have overpaid some before. This person did not return the money, mind you my salary is 74k, my wife just had a baby and my mum needed surgery. I had a loan I paid 10k monthly for. I was just left with 4k for the month. Then, while going to work, I sometimes wished that I will be hit by a car and just die instead of committing suicide. My mental state was in a mess. If not for my daughter, i would have killed myself. I wished I could just die without suicide. Things were just terrible. I wouldn't eat at home for days to conserve food. You did the right thing. You might have saved someone's career and happiness and life by that little act.

1 Like

Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by isaiah4life(m): 8:06am On Nov 20, 2021
I don't know you, but my God will bless you.
Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by Engrisaac(m): 8:30am On Nov 20, 2021
Needed a Business and Cooperate Website
At an affordable rate, get yours with this link
08034972217(WhatsApp)
Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by Rajahbite(m): 8:45am On Nov 20, 2021
Op I don't understand the fact that you MISTAKENLY wrote 40,100 in figures and still went ahead to MISTAKENLY write FORTY THOUSAND, ONE HUNDRED in words?
Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by rotile247(m): 9:03am On Nov 20, 2021
That's not the case as there is no way the Teller could have got back the cash if the op denies. That same day the bank must debit the Teller if not he might lose his job for not safeguarding the bank's asset and other jargons grammar they'll use.

That's more than 50% of his salary!

Thanks OP!

Kastonkastroll:
Talk true bros, na because you know say the cashier know you that's why you went back to the bank.
Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by rotile247(m): 9:07am On Nov 20, 2021
It happens. The op could also have written 4,100 and the Teller credit 40,100. Its trick the mind plays sometimes. Sometimes you feel something is wrong with a transaction, check carefully and see nothing even involving supervisors only for the error to stare you at the face the next day.

Rajahbite:
Op I don't understand the fact that you MISTAKENLY wrote 40,100 in figures and still went ahead to MISTAKENLY write FORTY THOUSAND, ONE HUNDRED in words?

1 Like

Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by isaiah4life(m): 9:07am On Nov 20, 2021
Bro, some banks don't make provision for writing the amount you want to deposit in word again. For instance, ACCESS BANK. This I am sure of.

Rajahbite:

1 Like

Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by samwash(m): 10:52am On Nov 20, 2021
Which type of teller is that?
Does it mean he did not re- count the money handed to him & also cross check the amount in figure & in words before stamping & posting.
That is a serious incompetent staff.
Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by seanwilliam(m): 11:19am On Nov 20, 2021
KingSatan:
May the heavens reward you for this.

You are a good man.

Hmm. Sign of end time.
When satan talks about heaven cheesy grin
Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by Kobicove(m): 11:42am On Nov 20, 2021
22o62021:
I went to the bank to deposit money this morning, I was having 14,100 to deposit into my account. I mistakenly wrote 40,100 on the deposit slip. I gave him 14,100 with the deposit slip, He went ahead to credit me 40,100 written on the deposit slip.

I was already in the office when I saw an alert of 40,100 credited into my account. I stood for some seconds to think, it was then I realized that I wrote 40,100 on the deposit slip. The bank is just two houses away from my office, after like 30 minutes, I went to meet him to explain to him about the error, it was then that he cross checked and saw the error. .He just looked straight into my eyes and said Bros thank you oo, he was just repeating it. He then gave me a withdrawal slip to fill in 26,000 and I did He got his money back.

I can’t imagine the money all these cashiers go dey loose from these kind of mistakes.

Bravo!

You did well! smiley
Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by Kobicove(m): 11:45am On Nov 20, 2021
samwash:
Which type of teller is that?
Does it mean he did not re- count the money handed to him & also cross check the amount in figure & in words before stamping & posting.
That is a serious incompetent staff.

Pressure of work and unforseen distractions can cause even the most diligent staff to make this type of mistake
Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by samwash(m): 11:49am On Nov 20, 2021
Kobicove:

Pressure of work and unforseen distractions can cause even the most diligent staff to make this type of mistake

We all are not above mistakes, but this type of mistake is too costly.
Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by Odide009: 12:42pm On Nov 20, 2021
Me and the Op have something in common
Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 20, 2021
Wema bank marketing style
Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by Rajahbite(m): 1:21pm On Nov 23, 2021
[quote author=isaiah4life post=107789722]Bro, some banks don't make provision for writing the amount you want to deposit in word again. For instance, ACCESS BANK. This I am sure of

Alright bro, I never knew because my banks still do it
Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by nizelgirl(f): 3:35pm On Nov 24, 2021
Op. God bless you.
Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by IbadeHQ: 4:32pm On Nov 24, 2021
Benwallt:
Some lowlifes here would go and try there luck with this revelation

U crack me up

1 Like

Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by IamDavid(m): 6:33am On Nov 26, 2021
22o62021:

I just prayed for you, God bless you!
Re: I Just Saved A Bank Cashier From Premium Tears by IamDavid(m): 6:35am On Nov 26, 2021
chiefobdk2:

Rare as in how... People do stuffs like this everyday... I return people's money. Wen they overpay...
Be like say na Cameroon you dey

(1) (2) (Reply)

A China Company Is Currently Looking For Agencies In Nigeria / Cargo Vans For Hire, Volkswagen LT Buses And Ford E250 Buses / Its Official MTN Recharge Card Pins Now Have 16 Digits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.