Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,611 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:08 AM

Yaaas! Nairaland Frontpage- SundayNightGist Finally Made It!! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Yaaas! Nairaland Frontpage- SundayNightGist Finally Made It!! (300 Views)

This Is Finally Made Public For The First 10 Action Takers Only! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Yaaas! Nairaland Frontpage- SundayNightGist Finally Made It!! by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 19, 2021
How do you post consistently on Nairaland hoping to one day make it to the front page but never do?

This was my dilemma after posting consistently for 10 straight days until yesterday when suddenly, like magic, I saw my post on Nairaland's front page!

The comments na die lol

This is the post I'm talking about: https://www.nairaland.com/6855877/what-no-employer-tell-learned

Mind you, I am new to this forum. I only just started writing here 10 days ago and have written every single day for the past ten days- except for one post I put up about a month ago.

One interesting thing happened when I wrote my first ever post in the romance section- it trended! This particular post (see it here: https://www.nairaland.com/6838741/hope-im-not-dating-corporate) garnered so much interest that people kept coming back to it, lol.

Here are 5 quick lessons I've learned from writing consistently on Nairaland in the last 10 days:

1. Write what people can easily relate with and they will come rushing towards your post.
We are all humans going through similar life experiences, so endeavour to connect well with others in your writing.

2. Write catchy headlines
Whether anyone will even stop by in the first place to click your post will be determined by how interesting, shocking or exaggerated your topic is. Mine this point by writing very catchy and captivating headlines always. Did you see what I did with the headline of this very post you're reading now?

3. Write with a purpose
Don't just write for the sake of writing. I write most times to provoke critical thinking in others through their comments. It's always fun to sift through heaps of comments here on Nairaland, the insults notwithstanding.

4. Don't be boring
Most readers come here just to have fun and throw banters, so why not give them something to play with? Weave in a little pidgin or slang here and there in your post, share a shocking statistic, shake tables...

I hope you learned a thing or two? smiley

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Writer For Phone/computer Reviews / Abdulrazaq Nafiu Recieves Sharda Univeristy Medal Award / Earn Data And Airtime Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.