Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Na Questions I No Fit Solve I Wan Dey Set: Usman Danfodio University Lecturer - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Na Questions I No Fit Solve I Wan Dey Set: Usman Danfodio University Lecturer (58269 Views)

SODOMY: I Left Usman Danfodio University To Avoid Professor Jabaka's Homosexual / Usman Danfodio University Students Reading Under The Moonlight / Sex Scandal: Dr. Aduwo, Ekiti State University Lecturer Caught With Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Na Questions I No Fit Solve I Wan Dey Set: Usman Danfodio University Lecturer by efighter: 11:12pm On Nov 19, 2021
Guontey:
They are actually pretty easy questions which just needs the application of Kirchhoff's law

Mbadiwe
Azikiwe
Orakiwe

I sight you sir.

1 Like

Re: Na Questions I No Fit Solve I Wan Dey Set: Usman Danfodio University Lecturer by Omobizzle7: 11:16pm On Nov 19, 2021
The questions are quite cheap though. He is just catching cruise

1 Like

Re: Na Questions I No Fit Solve I Wan Dey Set: Usman Danfodio University Lecturer by blackslayer: 11:21pm On Nov 19, 2021
thats not a tough question. the first one, apply a test voltage and measure the currents through all the branches. form a matrices and the equivalent resistance is the voltage/Current. will make use of inverse matrices.

1 Like

Re: Na Questions I No Fit Solve I Wan Dey Set: Usman Danfodio University Lecturer by Teejay13(m): 11:30pm On Nov 19, 2021
This one dey catch cruise true true.
Re: Na Questions I No Fit Solve I Wan Dey Set: Usman Danfodio University Lecturer by SPLENDID25(m): 11:32pm On Nov 19, 2021
nextstep:
Funny... the second one is actually trival; just have to redraw the diagram a couple of times, get the parallel and equivalent resistors.
I took one look, and since I'm not busy, solved it. The voltage is approximately 0.64V.
I hope any EE students will take this serious and not let some quack lecturer intimidate you. If any lecturer says this is hard, they are either joking or not bright.

Resistance in the entire network is 10 + (2 // (1 + (2 // 10)))
In other words, 10ohms in series with (2ohms in parallel with (1 in series with (2 parallel with 10)))
then you reduce:
10 + (2 // (1 + 1.667)
10 + ( 2 // 2.667))
10 + 1.142

Observe voltage drop across the first parallel network (cd) is going to be V * (1.142 / 11.142). Call this Vcd
Then observe voltage across the second parallel network (ab) is going to be: Vab = Vcd * (1.667 / 2.667)

So: Vab = 10V * (1.142 / 11.142) * (1.667 / 2.667) = 0.64V

NOTES:
- I'm using // to mean in parallel
- The combined.resistance of two parallel resistors is well known: (R1*R2)/(R1+R2) or (2*10)/(2+10) = 1.667ohms.
- Parallel networks always have the same voltage across the networks.

I'll leave the rest of the math to the curious.
Alaye! your circuit wrong. The way to solve the second problem is to either transform form star to delta or use Maxwell's loop analysis.

1 Like

Re: Na Questions I No Fit Solve I Wan Dey Set: Usman Danfodio University Lecturer by BabangidaHamza(m): 11:32pm On Nov 19, 2021
drizslim:
Me thinking FG should create a separate 2 days every semester so students & lecturers get to fight
widows for Dem plenty. I swear I fit kill three
Re: Na Questions I No Fit Solve I Wan Dey Set: Usman Danfodio University Lecturer by nextstep(m): 11:36pm On Nov 19, 2021
SPLENDID25:
Alaye! your circuit wrong. The way to solve the second problem is to either transform form star to delta or use Maxwell's loop analysis.

Dude what? Look at the the original circuit... it's quite simple, no need to bring in the big guns like star to delta:
- there's a 10 ohm in series with the rest of the network.
- in this network, there's a 2ohm that goes directly to ground, in parallel with the rest of the network
- in the smaller network, there's a 1ohm in series with a subset
- in the subset there's a 2ohm in parallel with a 10ohm, both going to ground.

From here it's the first week of circuits: reduce each network to its equivalent resistance, figure out the voltage drop as you go.
How is this wrong?

Intuitively, you know that 2//10 would be less than 2, and that the first series 10ohm will drop the majority of the voltage.

2 Likes

Re: Na Questions I No Fit Solve I Wan Dey Set: Usman Danfodio University Lecturer by Goalnaldo(m): 11:43pm On Nov 19, 2021
Na land wey dem write "military zone keep off" I wan dey sell now. Since we all wants to be mad.

1 Like

Re: Na Questions I No Fit Solve I Wan Dey Set: Usman Danfodio University Lecturer by SPLENDID25(m): 11:45pm On Nov 19, 2021
nextstep:

Dude what? Look at the the original circuit... it's quite simple, no need to bring in the big guns like star to delta:
- there's a 10 ohm in series with the rest of the network.
- in this network, there's a 2ohm that goes directly to ground, in parallel with the rest of the network
- in the smaller network, there's a 1ohm in series with a subset
- in the subset there's a 2ohm in parallel with a 10ohm, both going to ground.

From here it's the first week of circuits: reduce each network to its equivalent resistance, figure out the voltage drop as you go.
How is this wrong?

Intuitively, you know that 2//10 would be less than 2, and that the first series 10ohm will drop the majority of the voltage.
this is what the circuit looks like
Re: Na Questions I No Fit Solve I Wan Dey Set: Usman Danfodio University Lecturer by nextstep(m): 11:48pm On Nov 19, 2021
SPLENDID25:
this is what the circuit looks like

Good, now keep rearranging and you'll likely arrive at my diagram:

Bring in the 2ohm that's currently all the way to the right so it's next after the first 10ohm; then pull the point where the 1ohm, 2ohm, and 10ohm meet to the top right of that square; finally pull the bottom of that diagonal 2ohm to the right. You can almost visualize it.

1 Like

Re: Na Questions I No Fit Solve I Wan Dey Set: Usman Danfodio University Lecturer by SPLENDID25(m): 11:50pm On Nov 19, 2021
nextstep:

Good, now keep rearranging and you'll likely arrive at my diagram.
oh,Kay! D and B are common terminals, you're right.
Re: Na Questions I No Fit Solve I Wan Dey Set: Usman Danfodio University Lecturer by nextstep(m): 11:54pm On Nov 19, 2021
SPLENDID25:
oh,Kay! D and B are common terminals, you're right.

Glad you see it. Perhaps double check the math...?

And you can do the same with the first circuit too. Starting from the right... I can't see the numbers too clearly, but you can visualize:

((((10 + 2) // 6) + 5) // 6) + 4) // 8 ) + 6 and so on

then keep reducing till you get Req. The rest of the question is plug and chug. I knew some students in first year EE Ilorin who could finish this exam in under 5 minutes.

What's truly sad is that all these brilliant minds have to deal with lousy lecturers who will bill them, or be frustrated into being cab drivers and akara fryers, are persecuted by police for being smart, and in some cases killed, and often just leave the country as soon as they can. Makes me shake my head to think of how Nigeria squanders its youth.
Re: Na Questions I No Fit Solve I Wan Dey Set: Usman Danfodio University Lecturer by Powerexpert: 11:58pm On Nov 19, 2021
Matrix to the rescue.
Thevenin and Kirchhoff join.
Casio calculator on the cruise.
Re: Na Questions I No Fit Solve I Wan Dey Set: Usman Danfodio University Lecturer by Ghostmode2two(m): 12:01am On Nov 20, 2021
Let the lecture catch his cruise

1 Like

Re: Na Questions I No Fit Solve I Wan Dey Set: Usman Danfodio University Lecturer by EmpressOVD: 12:14am On Nov 20, 2021
Bbqekpa:
Those are very simple questions na
He must be a 2.2 fresh GA with mad connections.

Smiles! For the fact that he ended the question with that hilarious crack, doesn’t mean in reality he can’t solve it. You should know that not much persons are normal in this country anymore, everything don turn cruise ���
Re: Na Questions I No Fit Solve I Wan Dey Set: Usman Danfodio University Lecturer by SPLENDID25(m): 12:19am On Nov 20, 2021
nextstep:
Funny... the second one is actually trival; just have to redraw the diagram a couple of times, get the parallel and equivalent resistors.
I took one look, and since I'm not busy, solved it. The voltage is approximately 0.64V.
I hope any EE students will take this serious and not let some quack lecturer intimidate you. If any lecturer says this is hard, they are either joking or not bright.

Resistance in the entire network is 10 + (2 // (1 + (2 // 10)))
In other words, 10ohms in series with (2ohms in parallel with (1 in series with (2 parallel with 10)))
then you reduce:
10 + (2 // (1 + 1.667)
10 + ( 2 // 2.667))
10 + 1.142

Observe voltage drop across the first parallel network (cd) is going to be V * (1.142 / 11.142). Call this Vcd
Given two resistor networks (10 ohm, and the parallel combo 1.142ohm), the voltage over the one you want is simply the ratio of the resistor you want the drop over, divided by their sum: 1.142 / (10 + 1.142).
Then observe voltage across the second parallel network (ab) is going to be: Vab = Vcd * (1.667 / 2.667)

So: Vab = 10V * (1.142 / 11.142) * (1.667 / 2.667) = 0.64V

NOTES:
- I'm using // to mean in parallel
- The combined.resistance of two parallel resistors is well known: (R1*R2)/(R1+R2) or (2*10)/(2+10) = 1.667ohms.
- Parallel networks always have the same voltage across the networks.

I'll leave the rest of the math to the curious.
Total current=V/Rtotal= 10/11.142=0.897A
2ohm resistor between cd is parallel to 1ohm + 1.667ohms.
Hence, current through 2ohm resistor is = (0.897/(2+1+1.667))*2.667=0.574A(using current division). Hence, voltage drop across 2ohm Vcd = 2*0.574=1.148V.
Since current across Rab = 0.574, current flowing through the 1 ohm resistor will be 0.897-0.574=0.323A.
Using current division again, Current flowing through the 10ohm resistor = (0.323/12)*2=0.054A. Hence, voltage drop across Vab= 10*0.054=0.54V.
Re: Na Questions I No Fit Solve I Wan Dey Set: Usman Danfodio University Lecturer by Mason360(m): 12:21am On Nov 20, 2021
This is Kirchoffs law na. These ones never jam Mowete for unilag elect elect. You go just dey see your F for the paper.

1 Like

Re: Na Questions I No Fit Solve I Wan Dey Set: Usman Danfodio University Lecturer by mekuso89(m): 12:37am On Nov 20, 2021
drizslim:
Me thinking FG should create a separate 2 days every semester so students & lecturers get to fight
Like serious fist fight
Re: Na Questions I No Fit Solve I Wan Dey Set: Usman Danfodio University Lecturer by dominion001(m): 12:39am On Nov 20, 2021
A secondary school student who is good in his Physics can solve that problem.

Nothing special...
Re: Na Questions I No Fit Solve I Wan Dey Set: Usman Danfodio University Lecturer by jrobbins: 12:48am On Nov 20, 2021
On top simple questions?
Re: Na Questions I No Fit Solve I Wan Dey Set: Usman Danfodio University Lecturer by joelsteron: 1:12am On Nov 20, 2021
Bbqekpa:

No idea what's this dude is saying here but whatever it means. he's correct cool
Re: Na Questions I No Fit Solve I Wan Dey Set: Usman Danfodio University Lecturer by Caseless: 1:28am On Nov 20, 2021
Bbqekpa:
You people based everything on grades and you have 2-1 students from your place who paid their way to achieve that, can you compare them to a true second-class lower student in terms of merit?

Another point is, the lecturer must have gotten wind of what students are saying behind his back, so he decided to use their own statement against them. He won't do this without the school knowing why he did that.
Re: Na Questions I No Fit Solve I Wan Dey Set: Usman Danfodio University Lecturer by Mwanamume(m): 1:45am On Nov 20, 2021
Inside life..Omo some lecturers sef...wetin be d gain to spoil students result see d way labour market d hot now and graduates carry red eye d fain job..Make him and d rest Dem stay their lane oo,Biko
Re: Na Questions I No Fit Solve I Wan Dey Set: Usman Danfodio University Lecturer by Codes151(m): 4:07am On Nov 20, 2021
You call that a difficult question

Level of education sha.
Re: Na Questions I No Fit Solve I Wan Dey Set: Usman Danfodio University Lecturer by asmovic(m): 4:50am On Nov 20, 2021
drizslim:
Na questions wey I no fit solve I wan dey set” – Lecturer writes on test paper as he shocks Usman Danfodio varsity students with ‘difficult’ questions

A lecturer at Usman Danfodio University, Sokoto state has used his students to catch cruise by recoining a popular catch phrase during a class test.

The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering lecturer set a test question said to be difficult and hinted that moving forward, he would be setting questions he cannot solve.

In the course with code EEC211 for 200 level students in the Faculty of Engineering and Environmental Design, the instructions were for them to answer all questions.

He gave them two questions to solve and interestingly ended it with ”Na questions wey I no fit solve I wan dey set now. Goodluck”
na slaps wey him no go fit return he wan dey take now.
Re: Na Questions I No Fit Solve I Wan Dey Set: Usman Danfodio University Lecturer by Bbqekpa: 4:59am On Nov 20, 2021
Aharpride1:
Comrade calm down.. 200l, doing engineering courses for the first time, 200l is the hardest in engineering for students

Indeed it is. I had my poorest cgpa in 200l
Re: Na Questions I No Fit Solve I Wan Dey Set: Usman Danfodio University Lecturer by lookingfly: 5:07am On Nov 20, 2021
Bbqekpa:
he's just playing mind games with the students..,that statement alone will make lots of people fail because after solving and getting the correct answer at ease/in time, you will doubt your answer considering the statement the lecture wrote at the end of the question and some may want to solve it another way and finally fail.
Re: Na Questions I No Fit Solve I Wan Dey Set: Usman Danfodio University Lecturer by Jman06(m): 5:09am On Nov 20, 2021
faithfull18:

I reject it in Jesus name, kilode na, I offend you before undecided
lol...ah cheesy
Re: Na Questions I No Fit Solve I Wan Dey Set: Usman Danfodio University Lecturer by Echebaron(m): 5:14am On Nov 20, 2021
I support You..
drizslim:
Re: Na Questions I No Fit Solve I Wan Dey Set: Usman Danfodio University Lecturer by Kingsleyphy(m): 5:24am On Nov 20, 2021
If am not wrong you can solve the question with Kirchoff law
Re: Na Questions I No Fit Solve I Wan Dey Set: Usman Danfodio University Lecturer by wealthyhenry(m): 5:36am On Nov 20, 2021
Bbqekpa:

I dey tell you. Very simple questions.
Re: Na Questions I No Fit Solve I Wan Dey Set: Usman Danfodio University Lecturer by Prettyclown: 5:59am On Nov 20, 2021
I swear cheesy...those lecturers are something else
drizslim:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

7 Most Prominent Public Secondary Schools In Nigeria And Their Famous Alumni PIX / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School / Beautiful Pictures Of Babcock University Students In Styles (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.