Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,115 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial (56973 Views)

Funny! Man Turn Fufu To Human Head Before Eating. Photos / Abia Corper Wraps Her Spoon With A Nylon Before Eating With It / CPC Reveals What Nigerians Must Do Now Before Eating Beans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by tutudesz: 4:58pm On Mar 09, 2022
undecided
Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by Jmichael1(m): 4:58pm On Mar 09, 2022
My 9ja brothers no need all dis teaching b4 they eat anytin eatable.......

1 Like

Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by Medianna(f): 4:59pm On Mar 09, 2022
This mods and snake..I don't know the connection sha

I hate the sight of snake. It gives me goose balls

1 Like

Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by wonder233: 4:59pm On Mar 09, 2022
I will never eat a snake, so I don't need to know how to skin nothing
Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by Roger3D(m): 5:00pm On Mar 09, 2022
Only savages and sub humans feed on the flesh of this accursed creature angry

1 Like

Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by WarriAproko: 5:00pm On Mar 09, 2022
See viewers. Me nah Dog i wan dey chop nah cheesy
Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by Kobojunkie: 5:00pm On Mar 09, 2022
inoki247:
lol with the way things are going we go soon start to see Snake for where dem dey sell Frozen foods dey sell am lik normal Frozen foods undecided undecided undecided
Person wey wide go even dey consider him own snake farm sef. People eat these things and the hide is used for making bags, belts, shoes ,etc. So why not? undecided
Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 09, 2022
Not all snakes are edible, the one used could be edible unless you re trying to harvest the skin.

1 Like

Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by Sleekfingers: 5:01pm On Mar 09, 2022
Nairaland and snakes.......Is like buhari and cows, jonathan and Ogogoro, tinubu and brown teeth, lai Mohammed and lies, sanwo olu and pointing......all inseparable.....

4 Likes

Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 09, 2022
GOOD TOPIC.
Since Nairalanders now eat every component part of snakes without recourse to merits.
This is for them.
In FACT, I once saw one boiling snake eggs.
They should create another Topic for them, teaching them how to boil & fry serpentine eggs.

CIVET CATS are now endangered too. They should come up with such Topics. Including Pigeon & mosquito preparations

1 Like

Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by EmmaLege: 5:03pm On Mar 09, 2022
la snake grin
Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by Danmboss(m): 5:03pm On Mar 09, 2022
In naija we eat everything join even the scale intestine n as far as the egg, ask lala if you think am lying.
Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by lastmanstandn(m): 5:05pm On Mar 09, 2022
Hey please tell me why you should eat a snake? I really don’t understand, amongst all the type of meat, fish, plant, grains and whatever, so why would you want to eat a snake? Dang.

1 Like

Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by drezzyx(m): 5:22pm On Mar 09, 2022
How does a snake taste like?
Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by MrHighSea: 5:24pm On Mar 09, 2022
This Lala guy never disappoints.

Simeon of Natgeo Wild go like op die
Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by tnerro1(m): 5:31pm On Mar 09, 2022
Really, wtf
Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by Teespice(f): 5:31pm On Mar 09, 2022
daddytime:
Yucky

I was shocked when I was watching "chopped" a cooking contest on food network, and saw the concontestantsven skinned snake to cook with.

I respect those chefs that compete on chopped. They give them weird and tough ingredients to cook with and to plate within 20 to 30 minutes.
Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by Kobojunkie: 5:31pm On Mar 09, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:
GOOD TOPIC.
Since Nairalanders now eat every component part of snakes without recourse to merits.
This is for them.
In FACT, I once saw one boiling snake eggs.
They should create another Topic for them, teaching them how to boil & fry serpentine eggs.

CIVET CATS are now endangered too. They should come up with such Topics. Including Pigeon & mosquito preparations
I don't know of civet cats but are you suggesting pigeons are endangered because they are in our plates? undecided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol4-Hhe6KoM

1 Like

Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by AngelicBeing: 5:31pm On Mar 09, 2022
Hian, snake skinning ke shocked
Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by Kobojunkie: 5:32pm On Mar 09, 2022
lastmanstandn:
Hey please tell me why you should eat a snake? I really don’t understand, amongst all the type of meat, fish, plant, grains and whatever, so why would you want to eat a snake? Dang.
Simple... because you can. undecided

2 Likes

Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by detagabriel(m): 5:33pm On Mar 09, 2022
Oshey....lala..come oo
Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by Kobojunkie: 5:33pm On Mar 09, 2022
AngelicBeing:
Hian, snake skinning ke shocked
If dem give you snake skin shoe, belt or bag, you go throway am? undecided

1 Like

Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by Perfectbeing(m): 5:34pm On Mar 09, 2022
I feel like eating any animal that eats meat makes me a cannibal.. sad
Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by oilmane(m): 5:35pm On Mar 09, 2022
illicit:
It tastes good

How u take know?
Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by Kobojunkie: 5:35pm On Mar 09, 2022
tnerro1:
Really, wtf
You think snakes walk into your shoe companies to hand their skin in to be made into bags. Belts, wallets etc., for you? undecided

Someone has to take that skin off the animals and this here shows you how to do it on your own in case you catch one of those critters crawling around in your space or area. undecided

1 Like

Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by Kobojunkie: 5:36pm On Mar 09, 2022
Perfectbeing:
I feel like eating any animal that eats meat makes me a cannibal.. sad
You never arrive then! undecided

FYI: Chicken also eats meat - they munch on insects and critters. So, you should stay away from chicken too. grin

3 Likes

Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by oilmane(m): 5:37pm On Mar 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So you've got a dead snake- now what?
STEP 2: CUT OFF WITH ITS HEAD!: You can use a nice sharp knife, or a pair of kitchen/poultry shears. Just stay away from serrated knives, as they don't do very well with snakeskin.

This is also the time to make sure you've properly prepped your area- I put a large cutting board on top of several layers of newspapers in the driveway, and put a wad of paper towels and a plastic bag for trash nearby.

STEP 3: FIND THE VENT : Find the snake's anal vent. This is an opening a couple of inches away from the tail, on the ventral (belly) side of the snake.
STEP 4: CUT OPEN FROM THE ANAL VENT : Insert your poultry shears (or knife, or hefty scissors) into the snake's anal vent, and cut along the middle of the stomach towards the head.

If you want to keep the stomach skin intact, choose the site of your cut accordingly. You can even start cutting from the head; the vent just makes a great entry point.
STEP 5: OBSERVE TIRE TRACKS : I was using a (presumed) road-kill snake, so wanted to verify the cause of death. Thankfully, this was easy.

Check out the pictures below. You can clearly see where the tire ran over the snake's body- there's a massive hematoma slightly wider than a car tire. None of the ribs are broken, though; there's enough give in a tire (and flexibility in the snake's ribs) that they survived intact.

STEP 6: TRIM CONNECTIVE TISSUE: Next step: preparing to peel the snake skin off the body.

There's quite a bit of connective tissue working against you, as snakes generally like their muscles to stay tightly attached to their skins. We want to remedy that situation.

Grab a small sharp knife, again non-serrated, and carefully work under the skin near the head. Cut through the threads connecting the muscles and skin, being sure not to puncture the gorgeous skin. Work from the stomach around towards the back, tugging the skin away as you go to expose more fascia. Continue until you've got a good couple of inches clear near the head.

You can use a pocket knife; a paring knife would work just as well.
STEP 7: PEEL AWAY : Once you've freed enough skin to act as a handle, put away the knife and do this the easy way.

Grip the snake body with one hand, the skin in the other, and pull gently but firmly until the skin separates. Use a paper towel if necessary to maintain a firm hold, and adjust your grip as you move down the body.

If the skin seems too delicate for this operation you can trim the whole thing off with your pocket knife, but it should work with most snakes.

You may need to make an additional slit to get the tail off, but try to leave it as intact as possible.
STEP 8: SAVE SKIN FOR LATER USE : Now you've got a great snake skin! Use it now, or store for later.

A great tutorial on how to skin a dead snake
[url=https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.instructables.com/How-to-Skin-and-Clean-a-Dead-Snake/%3famp_page=true]How to skin a dead snake [/url]

Please o, someone should help me call the house committee chairman on snake to confirm this report.
Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by Kobojunkie: 5:46pm On Mar 09, 2022
daddytime:
Yucky
I was shocked when I was watching "chopped" a cooking contest on food network, and saw the concontestantsven skinned snake to cook with.
Rattlesnake that has been SKINNED and beheaded begins writhing around https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3477057/Snakes-alive-Rattlesnake-SKINNED-beheaded-cooking-starts-writhing-kitchen-counter.html
Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by Rexymania(m): 5:52pm On Mar 09, 2022
Snake eaters, are you taking note? grin grin
Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by Newboss(m): 5:56pm On Mar 09, 2022
So this one don marry. Wahala
Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by wizonlyson: 6:02pm On Mar 09, 2022
Beremx:
Lalasticlala is coming......4....3....2....1...
..make una just dey give lala, joy..always..

Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by Rawhumper(m): 6:27pm On Mar 09, 2022
I wanted to say a big thank u for the info and i
read ur quote....which minority are u talking about?

Point of correction Igbo population is bigger
than that of yoruba even Hausa population is not just manipulation.

Do fulani and hausa travel out to stay but
upon millions of Igbos that are outside dont
ever think Igbos to be minority. Just
enlightening you and sorry i derailed.

uote author=Kobojunkie post=107784027] This na proper information I dey provide so wey go help people wey dey kill the snakes so dem fit make money by killing more snakes.... see what I mean? grin[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Agbado (Roasted Corn) In Brazil (Pictures) / 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again / What Type Of Peppersoup Is Your Favourite? (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.