Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial (56990 Views)

Funny! Man Turn Fufu To Human Head Before Eating. Photos / Abia Corper Wraps Her Spoon With A Nylon Before Eating With It / CPC Reveals What Nigerians Must Do Now Before Eating Beans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by koskilala: 6:45pm On Mar 09, 2022
Abeg leave me out of this, there are many other meats I can eat abeg.
Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by weljewel: 6:45pm On Mar 09, 2022
Praise God
Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by AngelicBeing: 6:55pm On Mar 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
If dem give you snake skin shoe, belt or bag, you go throway am? undecided
Yes, I will throw it away, l detest, dislike and hate anything concerning snakes shocked
Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by Kobojunkie: 6:56pm On Mar 09, 2022
AngelicBeing:
Yes, I will throw it away, l detest, dislike and hate anything concerning snakes shocked
Abeg, forward am to me abeg. I love real animal skin accessories. grin

1 Like

Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by Aaaoo: 7:00pm On Mar 09, 2022
You can eat it alone
Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by AngelicBeing: 7:00pm On Mar 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Hian, OK, l don hear grin

1 Like

Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by FireUpNow(m): 7:34pm On Mar 09, 2022
For a very long time now I have not seen Lala's favour. I am so happy for this coming to the front page
Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by Perfectbeing(m): 8:08pm On Mar 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You never arrive then! undecided

FYI: Chicken also eats meat - they munch on insects and critters. So, you should stay away from chicken too. grin
Goat and cows sometimes eat grasshoppers while eating grass.. Should I also stop eating goat and cow meat?
Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by KingMack(m): 8:15pm On Mar 09, 2022
If you skin the snake..you go miss the snake kpomo cheesy

Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by Kobojunkie: 8:30pm On Mar 09, 2022
Perfectbeing:
Goat and cows sometimes eat grasshoppers while eating grass.. Should I also stop eating goat and cow meat?
You said you don't like animals that eat meat.... insect no be meat? undecided

1 Like

Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by Mariangeles(f): 8:32pm On Mar 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Kobo, your thread made front page.
Congratulations. cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by Kobojunkie: 8:34pm On Mar 09, 2022
Mariangeles:
Kobo, your thread made front page.
Congratulations. cheesy
grin
Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by Perfectbeing(m): 8:52pm On Mar 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You said you don't like animals that eat meat.... insect no be meat? undecided
Insects are not meat.
Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by Kobojunkie: 9:01pm On Mar 09, 2022
Perfectbeing:
Insects are not meat.
undecided
So what are they? undecided
Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by pharmaking: 9:08pm On Mar 09, 2022
O boy, to butcher snake na him u carry us go laparatomy class.

If you wan come butcher cow nko, that one na full anatomy semester.

1 Like

Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by pacespot(m): 9:51pm On Mar 09, 2022
Hmm,

Our people will eat both the skin and the meat together
Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by Perfectbeing(m): 10:12pm On Mar 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
undecided
So what are they? undecided
They are insects
Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by BnBgrillNG(m): 11:12pm On Mar 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
This na proper information I dey provide so wey go help people wey dey kill the snakes so dem fit make money by killing more snakes.... see what I mean? grin

Your head is dia!!!
Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by officialfestus(m): 11:37am On Mar 10, 2022
Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by MrMacinterchi1: 4:29pm On Mar 11, 2022
YoungLionken:
This your level of joblessness is somehow..

Well, Lala lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
you call this educating interesting topic jobless?
nawa for you o
Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by Kobojunkie: 4:51pm On Mar 11, 2022
MrMacinterchi1:

you call this educating interesting topic jobless?
nawa for you o
You dey mind am? undecided

Snake hide is big business for anyone who is serious minded.. undecided
https://www.nairaland.com/7024767/food-snake-neighbours-eat-morning#110948529

2 Likes

Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by wealthtrak: 12:45am On Mar 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You should ask around. Ask a shoe maker or other crafts person in your area for details. undecided

As an aside, in many other countries, you will find snake farms where these reptiles are raised for their skin and poisons which are sold to make profits. There is money to be made from selling these skins if one is willing to work towards it even. undecided
Yeah! Even crocodile farms exist for
croc skin and meat... Lol
Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by wealthtrak: 12:49am On Mar 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So you've got a dead snake- now what?
STEP 2: CUT OFF WITH ITS HEAD!: You can use a nice sharp knife, or a pair of kitchen/poultry shears. Just stay away from serrated knives, as they don't do very well with snakeskin.

This is also the time to make sure you've properly prepped your area- I put a large cutting board on top of several layers of newspapers in the driveway, and put a wad of paper towels and a plastic bag for trash nearby.

STEP 3: FIND THE VENT : Find the snake's anal vent. This is an opening a couple of inches away from the tail, on the ventral (belly) side of the snake.
STEP 4: CUT OPEN FROM THE ANAL VENT : Insert your poultry shears (or knife, or hefty scissors) into the snake's anal vent, and cut along the middle of the stomach towards the head.

If you want to keep the stomach skin intact, choose the site of your cut accordingly. You can even start cutting from the head; the vent just makes a great entry point.
STEP 5: OBSERVE TIRE TRACKS : I was using a (presumed) road-kill snake, so wanted to verify the cause of death. Thankfully, this was easy.

Check out the pictures below. You can clearly see where the tire ran over the snake's body- there's a massive hematoma slightly wider than a car tire. None of the ribs are broken, though; there's enough give in a tire (and flexibility in the snake's ribs) that they survived intact.

STEP 6: TRIM CONNECTIVE TISSUE: Next step: preparing to peel the snake skin off the body.

There's quite a bit of connective tissue working against you, as snakes generally like their muscles to stay tightly attached to their skins. We want to remedy that situation.

Grab a small sharp knife, again non-serrated, and carefully work under the skin near the head. Cut through the threads connecting the muscles and skin, being sure not to puncture the gorgeous skin. Work from the stomach around towards the back, tugging the skin away as you go to expose more fascia. Continue until you've got a good couple of inches clear near the head.

You can use a pocket knife; a paring knife would work just as well.
STEP 7: PEEL AWAY : Once you've freed enough skin to act as a handle, put away the knife and do this the easy way.

Grip the snake body with one hand, the skin in the other, and pull gently but firmly until the skin separates. Use a paper towel if necessary to maintain a firm hold, and adjust your grip as you move down the body.

If the skin seems too delicate for this operation you can trim the whole thing off with your pocket knife, but it should work with most snakes.

You may need to make an additional slit to get the tail off, but try to leave it as intact as possible.
STEP 8: SAVE SKIN FOR LATER USE : Now you've got a great snake skin! Use it now, or store for later.

A great tutorial on how to skin a dead snake
[url=https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.instructables.com/How-to-Skin-and-Clean-a-Dead-Snake/%3famp_page=true]How to skin a dead snake [/url]
Deep insights!
Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by Kobojunkie: 1:22am On Mar 14, 2022
wealthtrak:

Yeah! Even crocodile farms exist for
croc skin and meat... Lol
In Nigeria, wouldn't it be significantly cheaper for average individuals to set up and run snake farms than say a crocodile or alligator farm? I think so. undecided

1 Like

Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by wealthtrak: 7:50am On Mar 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
In Nigeria, wouldn't it be significantly cheaper for average individuals to set up and run snake farms than say a crocodile or alligator farm? I think so. undecided
You're probably right @Kobo. grin
Back in the day, out of curiously,
I got interested in exotics such as ostrich, crocs, and snake farms in specific locations worldwide.

In SA and Zim where commercial croc farms exist, location is key (i.e, around the Limpopo River) for water supply and cost benefits.

1 Like

Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by Kobojunkie: 10:10am On Mar 14, 2022
wealthtrak:

You're probably right @Kobo. grin
Back in the day, out of curiously,
I got interested in exotics such as ostrich, crocs, and snake farms in specific locations worldwide.

In SA and Zim where commercial croc farms exist, location is key (i.e, around the Limpopo River) for water supply and cost benefits.
Yep, crocodile farms, I imagine would required bigger investments and more patience. undecided
Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by AngelicBeing: 4:33pm On Mar 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Hian, you have started again with Crocodiles, alligator farms, like seriously though, very soon Kobojunkie will be suggesting Tiger, lion, Cheetah Farms shocked
Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by Kobojunkie: 8:46pm On Mar 15, 2022
AngelicBeing:
Hian, you have started again with Crocodiles, alligator farms, like seriously though, very soon Kobojunkie will be suggesting Tiger, lion, Cheetah Farms shocked
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin grin

As long as it is not endangered and not a disease carrier and a good source of food, why not?, undecided

1 Like

Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by AngelicBeing: 10:23am On Mar 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin grin

As long as it is not endangered and not a disease carrier and a good source of food, why not?, undecided
Oh my Gosh, wetin person no go read for nairaland.com, raring of snakes, cats, Dogs, Tigers, Lion, Leopard, Crocodiles, Cheetahs all championed by Kobojunkie shocked
Re: How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial by Dickjo(m): 12:17pm On May 19, 2022
Teespice:

I respect those chefs that compete on chopped. They give them weird and tough ingredients to cook with and to plate within 20 to 30 minutes.

daling i beg can i told u a questions please? smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Agbado (Roasted Corn) In Brazil (Pictures) / 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again / What Type Of Peppersoup Is Your Favourite? (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.