Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,982 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

Superior Joins Council Of Chiefs, As His Son Oke Declares For Ughelli North Seat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Superior Joins Council Of Chiefs, As His Son Oke Declares For Ughelli North Seat (10243 Views)

Imo North Seat: Supreme Court To Decide APC, Araraume, Ibezim Fate Before Feb 8 / Obaseki: Oshiomhole Kneels Down To Beg Benin Council Of Chiefs / Emir Sanusi Accepts Ganduje’s Council Of Chiefs Chairmanship Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Superior Joins Council Of Chiefs, As His Son Oke Declares For Ughelli North Seat by AnonPoet: 5:27am On Nov 20, 2021
SUPERIOR JOIN COUNCIL OF CHIEFS, AS HIS SON OKE INDICATE INTEREST FOR UGHELLI NORTH CONSTITUENCY 2 HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY SEAT IN 2023

It was an atmosphere filled with excitement and celebration on Friday as Chief Superior Umurhohwo formally join the Council of Chiefs as the Onoriode R’Ovie of the Great Ughelli Kingdom.

The glamorous event held at Ujode Community in Ughelli North Local Government of Delta State, attracting dignitaries from far and near to experience the historic moment.

Onoriode R’Ovie is an important traditional title in the Great Ughelli Kingdom, and this was reflective at the event as people of the ancient town were thrown in joyous mood.Performance from different traditional troupes entertained guests to the fullest just as Chief Superior Umurhohwo who is the Vice President-General of the Ughelli Descendants Union (UDU), regularly return greetings with a smile.

Highlight of the event was when Oke Umurhohwo, one of the sons of Chief Umurhohwo, declared his intention to seek the Ughelli North Constituency 2 seat in the Delta State House of Assembly in 2023 to the Council of Chiefs.

Mr Umurhohwo who extolled the Chiefs as the pillar that keep our society from breaking down, noted that his aspiration was borne out of his strong passion for the service of the people.“Chiefs, I am honoured to be here with you and humbly declare my interest in contesting for the Ughelli North Constituency 2 in the 2023 general election,” he said, pointing out that “My aspiration, when it comes to reality, will compliment your consistent efforts in giving our people the best, especially in getting their fair share of what democracy has to offer.”Mr Umurhohwo emphasised that his interest in the Ughelli North Constituency 2 seat is to give people their deserved voices and touch lives positively, promising that he will always work for the people.

The Chiefs were impressed with the presentation of Mr Umurhohwo, noting that he showed an encouraging zeal and passion for service. They showered prayers on him and ask him to continue to share his message of hope with the people

https://leaders.ng/superior-join-council-of-chiefs-as-his-son-oke-indicate-interest-for-ughelli-north-constituency-2-house-of-assembly-seat-in-2023/

Re: Superior Joins Council Of Chiefs, As His Son Oke Declares For Ughelli North Seat by ajigiteri(m): 5:55am On Nov 20, 2021
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Superior Joins Council Of Chiefs, As His Son Oke Declares For Ughelli North Seat by Efewestern: 5:59am On Nov 20, 2021
OLOROGUN!!!

6 Likes

Re: Superior Joins Council Of Chiefs, As His Son Oke Declares For Ughelli North Seat by diportivo: 6:00am On Nov 20, 2021
superior join.........what sort of English is this undecided

silly headline

silly reportage

ugly tent grin

17 Likes

Re: Superior Joins Council Of Chiefs, As His Son Oke Declares For Ughelli North Seat by clockwisereport: 6:04am On Nov 20, 2021
Efewestern:
OLOROGUN!!!

You too dey watch My Flatmates

1 Like

Re: Superior Joins Council Of Chiefs, As His Son Oke Declares For Ughelli North Seat by AMAUCHESKY(m): 6:05am On Nov 20, 2021
I'm just tired of this my dream..
Voting a man over 80 as president...

Now let me go to otovwodo pack to read first hand news

4 Likes

Re: Superior Joins Council Of Chiefs, As His Son Oke Declares For Ughelli North Seat by zeusdgrt(m): 6:06am On Nov 20, 2021
Mtcheewwwwww

1 Like

Re: Superior Joins Council Of Chiefs, As His Son Oke Declares For Ughelli North Seat by stalyf(m): 6:13am On Nov 20, 2021
diportivo:

silly headline

silly reportage

ugly tent grin

Una too dey vex

4 Likes

Re: Superior Joins Council Of Chiefs, As His Son Oke Declares For Ughelli North Seat by dheaven: 6:15am On Nov 20, 2021
Congrats to them.
Re: Superior Joins Council Of Chiefs, As His Son Oke Declares For Ughelli North Seat by AlhajiNatty(m): 6:25am On Nov 20, 2021
The only superior thing I see there is the afo beer

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Superior Joins Council Of Chiefs, As His Son Oke Declares For Ughelli North Seat by zanshi: 6:31am On Nov 20, 2021
Lovely guy Oke!

1 Like

Re: Superior Joins Council Of Chiefs, As His Son Oke Declares For Ughelli North Seat by JubrinElSudan: 6:33am On Nov 20, 2021
clockwisereport:

You too dey watch My Flatmates
Lol. Olorogun means Chief in Urhobo, he using it has nothing to do with Jite's irresponsible uncle Olorogun Akpomiemie Ovwokhovwoko grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Superior Joins Council Of Chiefs, As His Son Oke Declares For Ughelli North Seat by nairaman66(m): 6:39am On Nov 20, 2021
Urhobos, one of the most modest tribe you’d find around!

7 Likes

Re: Superior Joins Council Of Chiefs, As His Son Oke Declares For Ughelli North Seat by hamaworld(m): 6:45am On Nov 20, 2021
One pack stomach.
Re: Superior Joins Council Of Chiefs, As His Son Oke Declares For Ughelli North Seat by HowDareU: 6:56am On Nov 20, 2021
diportivo:

silly headline

silly reportage

ugly tent grin
Silly narrative with a disjointed write-up. Your write-up stinks of cow dung: Greatest of all fo*ls. My tribe is unique.
Re: Superior Joins Council Of Chiefs, As His Son Oke Declares For Ughelli North Seat by ogechchukwu: 7:12am On Nov 20, 2021
[Mental Revolution ���

1 . When a French national cannot speak English, Africans respect him.

2 . When a Spanish man can't speak English, Africans respect him.

3 . When a Chinese man can't speak English, Africans respect him.

4 . When a Russian man can't speak English, Africans respect him.

5 . When a Portuguese man can't speak English, Africans respect him.

6 . But when an African man can't speak English Africans consider him a joke, illiterate, dumb and stupid

That's the level or extent of damage we have suffered as a people.

We use English as a yardstick to measure the intelligence of our people, including children.

In our schools, children are made to believe they're stupid just because they cannot speak a language alien to their ancestral route.

Africans referred their language as VERNACULAR - what a Shame?

Dear Africans, put an end to this mental slavery.
Teach your children their mother tongue and allow the locals to feel free in speaking their native language without any stigma.

Do not help the oppressors to extend their oppression.

If you come across this post, share widely to spread this message and enlighten an African.

The people around you need to hear this.

It's a collective effort.]

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Superior Joins Council Of Chiefs, As His Son Oke Declares For Ughelli North Seat by sageb: 7:17am On Nov 20, 2021
Re: Superior Joins Council Of Chiefs, As His Son Oke Declares For Ughelli North Seat by Brunicekid(m): 7:19am On Nov 20, 2021
diportivo:

silly headline

silly reportage

ugly tent grin
Superior is the name of someone
Re: Superior Joins Council Of Chiefs, As His Son Oke Declares For Ughelli North Seat by muheeb01(m): 7:20am On Nov 20, 2021
Congratulations....love niger deltans and Igbo....igbo kwenu

Check my signature and profile for what I know how to do best

1 Like

Re: Superior Joins Council Of Chiefs, As His Son Oke Declares For Ughelli North Seat by Mccullum: 7:32am On Nov 20, 2021
These people had traces of their origin with Yorubas in many aspects.
Re: Superior Joins Council Of Chiefs, As His Son Oke Declares For Ughelli North Seat by twilliamx(m): 7:40am On Nov 20, 2021
Yy
Re: Superior Joins Council Of Chiefs, As His Son Oke Declares For Ughelli North Seat by jchioma: 7:45am On Nov 20, 2021
Is it not the same Oke Umurhohwo the political commentator? Well, this is an opportunity to translate theory to practice, if he's given the chance. Congrats to the dad.
Re: Superior Joins Council Of Chiefs, As His Son Oke Declares For Ughelli North Seat by iLoveYouToo(m): 7:48am On Nov 20, 2021
I don’t know them but congrats to them
Re: Superior Joins Council Of Chiefs, As His Son Oke Declares For Ughelli North Seat by Plus10(m): 8:05am On Nov 20, 2021
Congratulations him and long live Ughelli Kingdom.
Re: Superior Joins Council Of Chiefs, As His Son Oke Declares For Ughelli North Seat by Kirigidi(m): 8:15am On Nov 20, 2021
Mccullum:
These people had traces of their origin with Yorubas in many aspects.
Funny! We are even closer to Igbo than Yoruba. Infact, some Urhobo clans trace parts of their origin to Igboland.

2 Likes

Re: Superior Joins Council Of Chiefs, As His Son Oke Declares For Ughelli North Seat by Uncleodi(m): 8:19am On Nov 20, 2021
Urhobo wadoo
Re: Superior Joins Council Of Chiefs, As His Son Oke Declares For Ughelli North Seat by diportivo: 8:24am On Nov 20, 2021
Brunicekid:
Superior is the name of someone

I figured that out from the write up

I believe should have read something like......chief superior joins the council of chiefs as the blah blah blah blah etc

makes for an easy read

4 Likes

Re: Superior Joins Council Of Chiefs, As His Son Oke Declares For Ughelli North Seat by diportivo: 8:27am On Nov 20, 2021
HowDareU:
Silly narrative with a disjointed write-up. Your write-up stinks of cow dung: Greatest of all fo*ls. My tribe is unique.

don't be a dunce

my write up has nothing to do with tribe but with the topic that has since been modified based on my post

I love the uniqueness of your tribe tho......I will have to be buried inside my parlour

that's soothing cool
Re: Superior Joins Council Of Chiefs, As His Son Oke Declares For Ughelli North Seat by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 20, 2021
diportivo:

silly headline

silly reportage

ugly tent grin

"Superior" here is a name of a person cheesy cheesy
Re: Superior Joins Council Of Chiefs, As His Son Oke Declares For Ughelli North Seat by darfay: 9:18am On Nov 20, 2021
Ughelli, the urhobo town where it's resident can't understand their own native tongue
Re: Superior Joins Council Of Chiefs, As His Son Oke Declares For Ughelli North Seat by DuBLINGreenb(m): 9:23am On Nov 20, 2021
Inferior nkor?

Our people dey bear name sha oh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anyim Pius Anyim Celebrates His 61st Birthday Today / Tinubu Announces Plans To End Food Insecurity In Nigeria / Are We Any Better Than The Leaders We Condemn ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.