Stats: 3,159,209 members, 7,839,117 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

"He Has Dementia" - Joke Silva Speaks Publicly About Olu Jacob's Health(video) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "He Has Dementia" - Joke Silva Speaks Publicly About Olu Jacob's Health(video) (734 Views)

Bruce Willis Has Dementia, Family Announces / Kiddwaya & Obi Cubana Discuss Mental Health (Video) / Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition (2) (3) (4)

"He Has Dementia" - Joke Silva Speaks Publicly About Olu Jacob's Health(video) by damilola4162(m): 11:53am On Nov 20, 2021
Actress Joke Silva has spoken publicly for the first time on her husband, actor Olu Jacobs' health, Newspremises reports.

The actress revealed during an interview with Chude Jidonwo that Olu Jacobs has dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB).

She added that "it's been going on for a couple of years" and this is the first time she's saying it publicly.

She said: "He is dealing with issues and it is been going on for a couple of years. It is known as dementia with lewy body.

"It is a degenerative disease that affects the brain and it is almost like a Parkinson type of disease, it affects the brain and affects the person.

She added: "First time i’m saying this publicly... that is what we have been dealing…but the thing is, it is hard on him because he doesn’t understand what is going on and it is hard on us family members as well.

"We have gone through it over the past couple of years but we thank God."

She continued: "We have gone through some times and situations recently that I wish I had the old you here so I don’t battle these times on my own but we are grateful for the moment of clarity. I miss the times we work together."

She also spoke about discovering at the age of 10 that she was adopted when she was 9 months old. She said she discovered on her own that she was adopted when she rummaged through her mother's document, adding that it wasn't something her mother was comfortable talking to her about.

The actress, who turned 60 this year and also celebrated 40 years in the entertainment industry, previously spoke about her adoption and how she found out.

She said at the time: "It’s something like where one is just getting to share it in the public. It is something that I found out when I was much younger. Mine was a secret adoption. It was not something that my parents discussed.

"My mum’s elder sister wanted me to travel with her to Kenya and my mother was not around. She asked if I knew where my passport was and I was like yes yes yes. I know where mum keeps all the important documents.

"Then I go to the important suitcase that has all the important documents, where I found my passport but also found my adoption certificate. It was like ‘I beg your pardon’. I was 10-11 at the time. It was a bit shattering.

"It was tough. You know how you’re very sensitive as a child. There was just something in it letting you know they would have discussed it with you if it was something they wanted to discuss.

"But I got to a point when I was able to discuss it, myself and my mum. What was interesting is that she found it easier to discuss it with my older son than she did with me. My mum wasn’t comfortable discussing it."

Watch her latest interview in the video below:
[url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK60kVeXNMU][/url]

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/he-has-dementia-joke-silva-speaks-publicly-for-the-first-time-about-husband-olu-jacobs-health-video/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique

Re: "He Has Dementia" - Joke Silva Speaks Publicly About Olu Jacob's Health(video) by daddytime(m): 12:00pm On Nov 20, 2021
Awww...

This is so very touching.

May you continue to get the love that you truly deserve from your amiable wife, family and friends.

I pray healing and a good management of the condition upon you, Baba.

Check below..
Re: "He Has Dementia" - Joke Silva Speaks Publicly About Olu Jacob's Health(video) by Davash222(m): 12:00pm On Nov 20, 2021
God will strengthen him.

Re: "He Has Dementia" - Joke Silva Speaks Publicly About Olu Jacob's Health(video) by Golan007: 12:00pm On Nov 20, 2021
Wow.

It comes with old age but I'm sure moden medical science can manage it quite well.
Re: "He Has Dementia" - Joke Silva Speaks Publicly About Olu Jacob's Health(video) by AlhajiNatty(m): 12:04pm On Nov 20, 2021
Odogwu anaaaa!!!
Who would have thought that a Legend whose panache is in memorizing and acting out scripts would be held down by dementia.
Uwa nkea sef.
I say again, Odogwu anaaaa!!!!

Iyaebe, shey you're seeing what love means?

Re: "He Has Dementia" - Joke Silva Speaks Publicly About Olu Jacob's Health(video) by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 20, 2021
Good man,may God heal him. Na man wey good go enjoy old age for his wife hand.May God bless her for taking good care of him.This type of love has gone into extinction, na trade by barter we dy do now.
Re: "He Has Dementia" - Joke Silva Speaks Publicly About Olu Jacob's Health(video) by Davash222(m): 12:09pm On Nov 20, 2021
Iyaebe:
Good man,may God heal him. Na man wey good go enjoy old age for his wife hand.May God bless her for taking good care of him.This type of love has gone into extinction, na trade by barter we dy do now.
Na your gender started the barter business.

Re: "He Has Dementia" - Joke Silva Speaks Publicly About Olu Jacob's Health(video) by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 20, 2021
AlhajiNatty:
Odogwu anaaaa!!!
Who would have thought that a Legend whose panache is in memorizing and acting out scripts would be held down by dementia.
Uwa nkea sef.
I say again, Odogwu anaaaa!!!!

Iyaebe, shey you're seeing what love means?
Yes but this type of love is hard to come by now,men are dishing redpill while women are dishing feminism,it's complicated sha.
Re: "He Has Dementia" - Joke Silva Speaks Publicly About Olu Jacob's Health(video) by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 20, 2021
Davash222:
[s][/s]
Na your gender started the barter business.
It started when men began to manipulatively exchange roles,that's the bitter truth.
Re: "He Has Dementia" - Joke Silva Speaks Publicly About Olu Jacob's Health(video) by AlhajiNatty(m): 12:20pm On Nov 20, 2021
Hard to come by indeed.
Re: "He Has Dementia" - Joke Silva Speaks Publicly About Olu Jacob's Health(video) by Davash222(m): 12:22pm On Nov 20, 2021
Iyaebe:
It started when men began to manipulatively exchange roles,that's the bitter truth.
Please expatiate that exchange roles.

Re: "He Has Dementia" - Joke Silva Speaks Publicly About Olu Jacob's Health(video) by Abfinest007(m): 12:26pm On Nov 20, 2021
Buhari has same issue
Re: "He Has Dementia" - Joke Silva Speaks Publicly About Olu Jacob's Health(video) by meobizy(f): 12:37pm On Nov 20, 2021
Memory issues are like the randomness of death. Some people live till 113 with no degradation of faculties yet others catch dementia at 64. Oh well, in such an issue long life is not the prayer one should aim for. The quicker death comes for the sufferer, the better. There is no fun in been surrounded by your loved ones and you have no idea who they are.
Re: "He Has Dementia" - Joke Silva Speaks Publicly About Olu Jacob's Health(video) by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 20, 2021
Re: "He Has Dementia" - Joke Silva Speaks Publicly About Olu Jacob's Health(video) by lkillbrokehoes: 1:37pm On Nov 20, 2021
I wish him speedy recovery
Re: "He Has Dementia" - Joke Silva Speaks Publicly About Olu Jacob's Health(video) by Sandydayziz(f): 1:54pm On Nov 20, 2021
Oh this is sad cry

What Is The Name Of The Nurse On Duty When Jesus Was Born. Correct Answer 5k / The 500million Naira House Blessing Said She Built / Bbnaija Tochi Reveals Reason Behind Breakup Wit Ex Fiancee, Chii, Advises Lovers