Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Lady Poured Acid On Boyfriend While Asleep, Sentenced To 14 Years In U.K(Pics) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lady Poured Acid On Boyfriend While Asleep, Sentenced To 14 Years In U.K(Pics) (3159 Views)

Young Girl Killed By Stray Bullet While Asleep In Her Bed In Maiduguri / My Uncle’s Wife Poured Acid On Me And Took Away My Looks / Lagos Maths Teacher Sending Nude Photos & Videos To 14-Year-Old Student Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Poured Acid On Boyfriend While Asleep, Sentenced To 14 Years In U.K(Pics) by Explorers(m): 6:45pm On Nov 20, 2021
Esther Afrifa bought a litre of sulphuric acid from a website to prepare for attack.

Threw it on Kelvin Pogo at 3.30am while he was sleeping, leaving him wounded.

She then attacked him again while he was lying on a sofa already badly injured.

He said: 'She used to be my world and she did this to me - I can't understand it'

A jealous woman doused her sleeping boyfriend with acid and then attacked him a second time while he was lying wounded after mistakenly believing he was having an affair.

Esther Afrifa, 28, who has been jailed for 14 years, bought a litre of sulphuric acid from the Internet and left it by her bedside ready to attack 29-year-old Kelvin Pogo at their home in Wembley, north London.

After the first attack, Afrifa went to extraordinary lengths to stop Mr Pogo getting medical treatment, leaving him with lifechanging injuries that have left him plagued by suicidal thoughts.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10220553/Jealous-woman-28-poured-acid-sleeping-boyfriend.html?ito=social-facebook
Lalasticlala Mynd44

Re: Lady Poured Acid On Boyfriend While Asleep, Sentenced To 14 Years In U.K(Pics) by Explorers(m): 6:46pm On Nov 20, 2021
Afrifa poured acid onto Mr Pogo's chest at 3.30am and it quickly burned through his t-shirt, a trial at Harrow Crown Court heard.

At first he did not realise his girlfriend was responsible and asked her to get help.

She pretended to call 999, blocked his friends from calling, and cancelled a taxi that was due to take him to hospital.

Afrifa struck again while Mr Pogo lay resting on the sofa with already painful wounds, pouring more acid over his face and body.

He ran from the flat screaming and was helped by a passing stranger who got him medical help.

The ex boyfriend who Afrifa wrongly believed was sleeping with a university classmate said she also tried to get him to drink acid from a Nike sports bottle but he was only saved due to his distrust of tap water since his childhood in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Lady Poured Acid On Boyfriend While Asleep, Sentenced To 14 Years In U.K(Pics) by Baawaa(m): 6:47pm On Nov 20, 2021
Ends time girlfriend

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Poured Acid On Boyfriend While Asleep, Sentenced To 14 Years In U.K(Pics) by Hashabiah: 6:48pm On Nov 20, 2021
The moral of this story can be followed by this prayer point: " May you never marry or date your enemy".

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Poured Acid On Boyfriend While Asleep, Sentenced To 14 Years In U.K(Pics) by Explorers(m): 6:48pm On Nov 20, 2021
Mr Pogo, who moved to Britain to study film, was left with continuing mental trauma and permanent damage to his eyes, head, face and upper body.

Sentencing Afrifa to 14 years in prison, Judge Charles Bourne QC called it 'a truly wicked thing to do'.
Re: Lady Poured Acid On Boyfriend While Asleep, Sentenced To 14 Years In U.K(Pics) by luminouz(m): 6:51pm On Nov 20, 2021
Take the redpill mudafuckers!!!!

All niggas!! I'm very mudafuckin serious . The redpill's the only shiiit that will save your ass.

He should have left her ages ago but guess what 'she is my world'... And now, what dafuq is my nigga to do

Even when the fuqin woman was guilty, what did the UK justice system do? Gave her 14 years instead of life. Imagine the lopsidedness. If it were to be a guy, he would be given the death penalty.

And the presiding judge is a male. What a fuq up!!! How can 14 years ever equate to what that witch ass did? She should be given 100 years + another 400 years, to run concurrently.

Fuq this shiit, mudafucker!!! undecided

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Poured Acid On Boyfriend While Asleep, Sentenced To 14 Years In U.K(Pics) by vastolord4(m): 6:53pm On Nov 20, 2021
It's hard to hear of a man bathing someone with acid... like what's the problem with some lady's and extreme violent behaviours?, when u guys play even harder than males

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Poured Acid On Boyfriend While Asleep, Sentenced To 14 Years In U.K(Pics) by tillaman(m): 6:55pm On Nov 20, 2021
A jealous woman can be more dangerous than a Scorpion

4 Likes

Re: Lady Poured Acid On Boyfriend While Asleep, Sentenced To 14 Years In U.K(Pics) by Bonaventura(m): 6:57pm On Nov 20, 2021
Fear women!

2 Likes

Re: Lady Poured Acid On Boyfriend While Asleep, Sentenced To 14 Years In U.K(Pics) by doyin01: 6:58pm On Nov 20, 2021
Bonaventura:
Fear women!

You mean when God created man , he rested

But when he created woman , both God and man have not rested...?? grin

3 Likes

Re: Lady Poured Acid On Boyfriend While Asleep, Sentenced To 14 Years In U.K(Pics) by AntiBMC(m): 6:59pm On Nov 20, 2021
luminouz:

All niggas!! I'm very mudafuckin serious . The redpill's the only shiiit that will save your ass.

He should have left her ages ago but guess what 'she is my world'... And now, what dafuq is my nigga to do

What's da redpill?
Re: Lady Poured Acid On Boyfriend While Asleep, Sentenced To 14 Years In U.K(Pics) by illicit(m): 7:01pm On Nov 20, 2021
undecided
Re: Lady Poured Acid On Boyfriend While Asleep, Sentenced To 14 Years In U.K(Pics) by illicit(m): 7:03pm On Nov 20, 2021
shocked
Re: Lady Poured Acid On Boyfriend While Asleep, Sentenced To 14 Years In U.K(Pics) by SirBlack999(m): 7:03pm On Nov 20, 2021
#Metoo
Re: Lady Poured Acid On Boyfriend While Asleep, Sentenced To 14 Years In U.K(Pics) by luminouz(m): 7:04pm On Nov 20, 2021
AntiBMC:

What's da redpill?

https://www.nairaland.com/6048178/reality-every-guy-need-know

You will thank me later nigga

1 Like

Re: Lady Poured Acid On Boyfriend While Asleep, Sentenced To 14 Years In U.K(Pics) by DaddyRochie1642: 7:12pm On Nov 20, 2021
luminouz:

Even when the fuqin woman was guilty, what did the UK justice system do? Gave her 14 years instead of life. Imagine the lopsidedness. If it were to be a guy, he would be given the death penalty.

And the presiding judge is a male. What a fuq up!!! How can 14 years ever equate to what that witch ass did? She should be given 100 years + another 400 years, to run concurrently.

I feel ya pains

1 Like

Re: Lady Poured Acid On Boyfriend While Asleep, Sentenced To 14 Years In U.K(Pics) by G450: 7:18pm On Nov 20, 2021
Women and their wahala... But if it's the other way round it would hv be life in prisment so why did they just gave her only 14 years?

1 Like

Re: Lady Poured Acid On Boyfriend While Asleep, Sentenced To 14 Years In U.K(Pics) by Omoluabi16(m): 7:25pm On Nov 20, 2021
I can not understand why she is getting 14 years. Is this not attempted murder? The justice system sha..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Poured Acid On Boyfriend While Asleep, Sentenced To 14 Years In U.K(Pics) by Nmezor(f): 7:27pm On Nov 20, 2021
Gosh, the lady went to far...She damned callous

3 Likes

Re: Lady Poured Acid On Boyfriend While Asleep, Sentenced To 14 Years In U.K(Pics) by DelTel(m): 7:33pm On Nov 20, 2021
The guy is most probably a Nigerian undecided
Re: Lady Poured Acid On Boyfriend While Asleep, Sentenced To 14 Years In U.K(Pics) by JaneYave(f): 7:37pm On Nov 20, 2021
Some laddies are evil
Re: Lady Poured Acid On Boyfriend While Asleep, Sentenced To 14 Years In U.K(Pics) by NemoDatQuod(m): 8:54pm On Nov 20, 2021
I keep telling everyone around me, "don't play house with a woman unless you are married to her". Gone are the days when someone's level of education and corporate exposure predisposes the person to normal behaviour. We are now walking zombies and it takes just a little thing to tick us off. It's not just women. It's the same with men if not worse. And the justice system in this country can let you down some times. They go to extra-ordinary lenghts to identify the culprit and then give the person a slap on the wrist regardless of whether it is attempted murder or murder or anything else!

Omoluabi16:
I can not understand why she is getting 14 years. Is this not attempted murder? The justice system sha..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Poured Acid On Boyfriend While Asleep, Sentenced To 14 Years In U.K(Pics) by ivolt: 9:01pm On Nov 20, 2021
luminouz:

Careful with the lies.
UK has no death penalty.
Even terrorists rarely gets life imprisonment in the UK, and if they do they are released early
into rehabilitation programs.
Re: Lady Poured Acid On Boyfriend While Asleep, Sentenced To 14 Years In U.K(Pics) by NemoDatQuod(m): 9:08pm On Nov 20, 2021
I don't think he meant or planned to lie. He was simply venting at the apparent injustice reflected in the sentencing!

ivolt:

Careful with the lies.
UK has no death penalty.
Even terrorists rarely gets life imprisonment in the UK, and if they do they are released early

Re: Lady Poured Acid On Boyfriend While Asleep, Sentenced To 14 Years In U.K(Pics) by brainhack(m): 10:26pm On Nov 20, 2021
Explorers:
…………………………………………………..
She pretended to call 999, blocked his friends from calling, and cancelled a taxi that was due to take him to hospital.

Afrifa struck again while Mr Pogo lay resting on the sofa with already painful wounds, pouring more acid over his face and body.

…………………………………….. she also tried to get him to drink acid from a Nike sports bottle but he was only saved due to his distrust of tap water since his childhood in Africa.

Trust nobody

luminouz:

He should have left her ages ago ………………….

Most people don’t bother to find out the nature and intention of the people they keep close. Some see the signs but still ignore it till its too late

If it looks like a snake, sounds like a snake, moves like a snake, it’s a definitely a snake. Cut ‘em off!

3 Likes

Re: Lady Poured Acid On Boyfriend While Asleep, Sentenced To 14 Years In U.K(Pics) by Onyenna(m): 10:37pm On Nov 20, 2021
What a horrible act!!

Jeeez!!!

Re: Lady Poured Acid On Boyfriend While Asleep, Sentenced To 14 Years In U.K(Pics) by Golan007: 10:44pm On Nov 20, 2021
14 years is way too lenient.

If I were the guy, when she's out, I'll do the same.

Shebi na 14 years.
angry

2 Likes

Re: Lady Poured Acid On Boyfriend While Asleep, Sentenced To 14 Years In U.K(Pics) by Golan007: 10:45pm On Nov 20, 2021
Meanwhile his shirt says Usain Bolt.

Advice he should have taken.
Re: Lady Poured Acid On Boyfriend While Asleep, Sentenced To 14 Years In U.K(Pics) by luminouz(m): 10:56pm On Nov 20, 2021
ivolt:

Careful with the lies.
UK has no death penalty.

Which nonsense lies. I said she deserves the death P or at least life Imp. A man would be given worse than 14 years, in the western world. So what did I lie about, mudafucker? undecided Take into my account the general context of my message.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Poured Acid On Boyfriend While Asleep, Sentenced To 14 Years In U.K(Pics) by Polynek(m): 10:58pm On Nov 20, 2021
Chaaaii see as Dix fine face take disable cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Poured Acid On Boyfriend While Asleep, Sentenced To 14 Years In U.K(Pics) by flokii: 11:07pm On Nov 20, 2021
Someone they should have thrown inside grinding machine.. let the dogs feed on her remains.

See how she spoil the guy fine boy.. evil woman.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yahoo Boys Celebrate As Shalli Popi Is Finally Released By EFCC / Transit Budget Hotels Criminally Known As Ashosh Hotels or The Ashosh Group / See Pictures From Nigeria Prisons That Got People Talking Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.