Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,904 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

Court Remands UNILORIN Student Who Assaulted Female Lecturer - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Court Remands UNILORIN Student Who Assaulted Female Lecturer (22703 Views)

What Offence Did a Student Who Approached His Female Lecturer For love Commit? / 400L Unilorin Microbiology Student Beat Up A Female Lecturer In Her Office(video / Afe Babalola University Student Beats Up Female Lecturer (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Remands UNILORIN Student Who Assaulted Female Lecturer by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 21, 2021
Nkpitime:
The judge is not fair he could have granted him bail for the minor offence
What happened to the principal of defendant being innocent until proven guilty, at least the defendant have a right to fair hearing as guaranteed in the Nigeria constitution.
This is a clear case of class struggle were the mighty oppressed the les privileged, see how police twist the report just because the victim is big woman, how did the police came to conclude that he was on hard drugs as at the time of incident
Those who are commenting are just acting on an emotion and based on the the fact that the victim is a female
If the reverse is the case you could have imagine the outcome ,remember Ojukwu Chidimma case how she is being treated

Chidimna is in custody and is definitely going to be sentenced to life imprisonment

She is not getting any favours at all. If anything she is in bigger soup than the student

She killed a man who is a media mogul and who probably has a lot of connections in high places and who is married to a woman who is a big boss in NNPC, and who also probably has a lot of political connections

Do you think that they would pat her on the head and let her go? For killing such a powerful and connected man with a powerful and connected wife?

Let's not even talk about the evidence in the case which is so clear that the defence knows they can't counter it

Chidimna is in soup. Hot soup. And she knows it. She will be jailed until she joins her ancestors. The Ilorin student may not get such a stiff sentence
Re: Court Remands UNILORIN Student Who Assaulted Female Lecturer by Nkpitime(m): 8:50am On Nov 21, 2021
backbencher:

Chidimna is in custody and is definitely going to be sentenced to life imprisonment

She is not getting any favours at all. If anything she is in bigger soup than the student

She killed a man who is a media mogul and who probably has a lot of connections in high places and who is married to a woman who is a big boss in NNPC, and who also probably has a lot of political connections

Do you think that they would pat her on the head and let her go? For killing such a powerful and connected man with a powerful and connected wife?

Let's not even talk about the evidence in the case which is so clear that the defence knows they can't counter it

Chidimna is in soup. Hot soup. And she knows it. She will be jailed until she joins her ancestors. The Ilorin student may not get such a stiff sentence
Why denied him bail? If Chidimma Ojukwu is a man will he be arranged in court in a good condition without bruises on his body? And when one senator from the north assaulted a young struggling girl was the senator not granted bail before he leter seltle the case?
Re: Court Remands UNILORIN Student Who Assaulted Female Lecturer by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 21, 2021
Macdelley:

The lecturers story is too long.
The guy said he was locked up for the period of the siwes and appealed to the woman to do something then she got mad and threw a mug bla bla bla. I don’t support his action in any way but maybe they’re trying to exaggerate what he actually did

The woman could not do anything. As per school policy.

The way the school policy was structured she could not waive his SIWES.

Plus he entered her office in an angry and conforntational mode and threatened her and the two students with her.
Re: Court Remands UNILORIN Student Who Assaulted Female Lecturer by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 21, 2021
Nkpitime:

Why denied bail

Ask the magistrate why.

Also at any rate, the student won't be jailed for as long as chidimna would be when the courts finish with her.

Good morning
Re: Court Remands UNILORIN Student Who Assaulted Female Lecturer by CsRockefeller(m): 9:00am On Nov 21, 2021
During my final year, my HOD who doubled as my Project Supervisor made me go through Hell.

I ended up with a C on a 6 unit course, and managed to make 2.1.

I had many thoughts on how to harm him, at the end, I told myself that my certificate (Good or Bad) won't define me.

I'm glad I let everything go, as that certificate is lying fallow somewhere while I do something else that has more potentials to pay me more than a Lecturing job would have done.

I really feel for this guy, they are going to make him a scape goat, he just can't escape this one. At the end, you are better off if you can control your anger.

He who is slow to anger is better than a warrior, and he who controls his temper is greater than one who captures a city. - Proverbs 16:32

1 Like

Re: Court Remands UNILORIN Student Who Assaulted Female Lecturer by jacoik(m): 9:35am On Nov 21, 2021
mu2sa2:
What he did was legally and morally wrong based on media reports. But, even on the reports, the evidence does not suggest a case of attempted murder. The suspect was alleged to have punched and kicked the lecturer and she suffered little or no injuries. He's not reported to have used broken glass or other objects. Based on the reports, he should be charged for assault and malicious damage to property. Let's not forget though that lawyers (including "charge & bail" ones) are waiting to be engaged by the suspect and during trial the story can change, even to the extent that the lecturer may look like she should be the one that ought to be arraigned and not the student.
and when he punched her she slump and die what will it be called, attempted life giving?

1 Like

Re: Court Remands UNILORIN Student Who Assaulted Female Lecturer by kafeii123: 9:47am On Nov 21, 2021
Yeah right...his report of the incident does not in any way show a valid reason why he should descend on that innocent woman that way....

He ain't exploited her weaker strength.... wanting to form a useless macho... If he's not careful... that'd be the end of all formal education for him.. especially in Nigeria..and should he travel... he'll only succeed if no one finds out where he's studying...some actions have very far reaching rewards

1 Like

Re: Court Remands UNILORIN Student Who Assaulted Female Lecturer by Abujason: 9:53am On Nov 21, 2021
Re: Court Remands UNILORIN Student Who Assaulted Female Lecturer by thatigboman1: 10:15am On Nov 21, 2021
greggng:

Inasmuch as I don't like the way he assaulted the lecturer , but asking him to wait for one year for missing an assignment he missed due to circumstances beyond his control is inhuman treatment. There could ve been.better alternative like allowing him to do the assignment and reducing some marks as penalty
is SIWES an assignment? A whole semester course done once a year. When next can the boy do the SIWES if not the following year?

1 Like

Re: Court Remands UNILORIN Student Who Assaulted Female Lecturer by IGoComotYaTeeth: 10:20am On Nov 21, 2021
aljharem:
I am so happy with this news. How can you beat your lecturer? Something is wrong with some Nigerian youths.

He should be sent to prison for at least 10-18 years.
She attacked him first
Re: Court Remands UNILORIN Student Who Assaulted Female Lecturer by akanbiaa(m): 10:26am On Nov 21, 2021
backbencher:

Well let's assume she threw a mug at him

He testifies in court that she did.

Which opens the door for the prosecution to ask why, which forces him to admit that he entered her office in an angry and violent mood which allows the prosecution to argue that the woman reasonably feared for her life and acted in self defence by throwing the mug

Then there's the fact he had illicit drugs in his system at the time.

Which makes things look bad for the student

He should have walked out and gone to the police the minute the mug was thrown and filed a report. Maybe it would have been the lecturer in trouble..
You are right ,the throwing of mug allegation is a no case at all it is just like a rapist saying a lady dressed seductively that's why he raped her , Was he suppose to attend Industrial training YES, Did he attend NO, Did the lecturer had power to waive it for those that did not attend NO, Did she tell him there is nothing she can do YES , did he still refused to leave her office after she told him so YES, did witnesses see him chasing after her and beating her as she was running for her life YES.

2 Likes

Re: Court Remands UNILORIN Student Who Assaulted Female Lecturer by thatigboman1: 10:30am On Nov 21, 2021
IGoComotYaTeeth:
She attacked him first
do u have evidence of this?
Re: Court Remands UNILORIN Student Who Assaulted Female Lecturer by Comedian2019: 10:41am On Nov 21, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
Na waa.
This Guy Don Buy Serious Wahalla....
His Parents No Go Happy At-All
Who knows, his parents might even be happier that the drug addict has been caged.

2 Likes

Re: Court Remands UNILORIN Student Who Assaulted Female Lecturer by legba1(m): 10:58am On Nov 21, 2021
Oppy2k2:
This guy will loose in every ways. He will loose his studentship, he may likely go to jail, he may never be admitted again by any institutions in Nigeria, he will also loose the public sympathy.

What a waste of life.

He was expelled a couple of days back,I think on Thursday .. he should now focus on not going to jail...also private polytechnics and university will admit him.
Re: Court Remands UNILORIN Student Who Assaulted Female Lecturer by ledaman: 11:10am On Nov 21, 2021
aljharem:
I am so happy with this news. How can you beat your lecturer? Something is wrong with some Nigerian youths.

He should be sent to prison for at least 10-18 years.
What is making you happy with this kind of news? Mind you a young dude just lost it due to anger issue
Comedian2019:

Who knows, his parents might even be happier that the drug addict has been caged.
Re: Court Remands UNILORIN Student Who Assaulted Female Lecturer by King44(m): 11:17am On Nov 21, 2021
aljharem:

I am still a youth but Nigerian youths are getting more useless everyday.

He will need to provide evidence of the mug thrown at him.

All of you support the beating of lecturers just as you support the killing of police during EndSars, una go l last last

Useless youths
If you are a youth uselessness runs in your vein and for the fact that you can say that police were killed and don't believe that the police killed the youth that shows that you as a youth you are not only useless, you are wicked and a problem to the society.

People like you are ready to deny their mother if you were paid well to do so, so tell me what's more useless than that. This is more like selling your soul for peanuts.
Re: Court Remands UNILORIN Student Who Assaulted Female Lecturer by Jman06(m): 11:26am On Nov 21, 2021
prigoz:
Effect of meth and hard drugs, babies of late 90 and early 2000, lack of discipline, home training, no regards to their parents and so on, if care is not taken he must be a cultist with empty brain. Imagine laying his filthy hands on lecturer. I weep for their generation. Pls my simple advice, if your friend, brother or any of your relations is taking hard drug(s), beg him to stop, but if he refuses, stop burning your rags bcoz one day, he will need them ( bcoz of kolo, ara or madness)
Good morning good people of God, pls go to church to hear word of God and have a pleasant Sunday
If your relative is addicted to drugs, the solution is not to "beg them to stop" nor criticise them. Simply take them to rehabs (hospital)! Drug addiction is a sickness. Like other sicknesses, drug addicts can only do little to help themselves! They need professional help.
Re: Court Remands UNILORIN Student Who Assaulted Female Lecturer by GoldenSpec: 12:11pm On Nov 21, 2021
From lower prison to higher prison.. grin
Re: Court Remands UNILORIN Student Who Assaulted Female Lecturer by naija1stnigar(m): 12:11pm On Nov 21, 2021
That guy na real master planner, see the way he brilliantly planned his way to prison.
Re: Court Remands UNILORIN Student Who Assaulted Female Lecturer by adamsmith914: 12:24pm On Nov 21, 2021
SultanOfPuna:

Yoruba Marlians and meth
Be like Psquare. U no fit separate them..

Surprised ipobians & Oduduwans haven’t blamed Fulani & The President of The Federal Republic of Nigeria for the cause of the assault?
Re: Court Remands UNILORIN Student Who Assaulted Female Lecturer by adamsmith914: 12:26pm On Nov 21, 2021
Jman06:
If your relative is addicted to drugs, the solution is not to "beg them to stop" nor criticise them. Simply take them to rehabs (hospital)! Drug addiction is a sickness. Like other sicknesses, drug addicts can only do little to help themselves! They need professional help.
Then admonish ipobians to get on with their lives & stop getting high of Buhari, hopefully DSS health center Abuja maybe able to cure Ikenga Mazi Kanu?
Re: Court Remands UNILORIN Student Who Assaulted Female Lecturer by Dropsywill: 12:47pm On Nov 21, 2021
Good day. Nairaland family, I deal on quility boxers, I supply, retail,and direct consumers. Base in Abuja,call me Mtn or whatsapp 0803485141,call me Airtel 07087544515 pls petronise me.
Re: Court Remands UNILORIN Student Who Assaulted Female Lecturer by Ebullient76(m): 12:53pm On Nov 21, 2021
He would have acted like a gentleman by taking a walk out of the office and go with option the lecturer gave him rather than displaying his madness in that fashion. I pray that tye court would tamper justice with mercy on him because he's in a hot soup right away.
Re: Court Remands UNILORIN Student Who Assaulted Female Lecturer by leofab(f): 2:33pm On Nov 21, 2021
He acted on self defense.. the lecturer first threw projectile on him… I wish he can get a smart lawyer… We always act and judge based on sentiments
Re: Court Remands UNILORIN Student Who Assaulted Female Lecturer by asmovic(m): 3:33pm On Nov 21, 2021
illicit:
Nice one

Better by far
yes o! Better by far!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Remands UNILORIN Student Who Assaulted Female Lecturer by Hkff: 4:31pm On Nov 21, 2021
Ok
Re: Court Remands UNILORIN Student Who Assaulted Female Lecturer by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 4:52pm On Nov 21, 2021
[s]
Bigpapi:

If na the same woman assault a man nothing for happen , meanwhile Killer CHIDINMA is strolling in and out of court looking fresh for murder ..........men don suffer

[/s]
Re: Court Remands UNILORIN Student Who Assaulted Female Lecturer by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 4:53pm On Nov 21, 2021
Good one
Re: Court Remands UNILORIN Student Who Assaulted Female Lecturer by Odunemmy(f): 5:26pm On Nov 21, 2021
Happy Sunday nairalanders. I'm an active member on this forum. I had to create this account because I'm seriously in need of help. I'm a part 1 student of OAU, I'm just done with my second semester examinations, I did the last paper on Friday, planned to go back home this weekend, but unfortunately, I'm presently stuck in Ife, because I don't have any cash for transport. Only God knows how I managed throughout the examination period, because there isn't much at home. Please, nairalanders, I need your help just to gather whatever I can to go back home, even my foodstuff had finished, so I can no longer stay in Ife. I'm from Owo in Ondo State and the total transport fee is #1800. Thank you and God bless you all. GTB 0669905862 Folanikuteyi Odunayo. Please, any amount, even if it's #100.
Re: Court Remands UNILORIN Student Who Assaulted Female Lecturer by Babinski: 5:59pm On Nov 21, 2021
aljharem:

Even at that, he need an alibi to support his claim.

Honestly people like that student, we should not be wasting state resources on him

Prison straight !!!!

He claimed he was wrongfully imprisoned for 2 months in Lagos which led to him missing the SIWES that he now wanted the lecturer to waive for him. As a student, if he didn't have any psychiatric problem, he should know that SiWES cannot be waived by any lecturer. SIWES is mandatory.

One lesson I think the University community should take away from this is that once a Lecturer observes any student behaving erratically, it is better to apply caution and maybe refer such student for psychiatric evaluation. If the woman had been stabbed and killed by the student, no punishment would bring back the dead. No one has a duplicate life.

2 Likes

Re: Court Remands UNILORIN Student Who Assaulted Female Lecturer by sodique20(m): 9:18pm On Nov 21, 2021
I don't believe this trash

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class / COVID-19: Queen’s College Lagos Students Test Positive In Boarding School / UNILORIN Website Got Attacked By Hackers (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.